Very cute art. Beg Jason for rainbow clothes

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#27 2020-02-09 15:52:42

Cantface

Re: OHOL fanart

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

Very cute art. Beg Jason for rainbow clothes

Eee thank you! I will keep doing pictures with them for sure! It's my way of begging, same with skirts and pockets lol.

I have sent the images to Jason (all but the stabby one lmao) I just hope I didn't mess anything up!

Breasticles

#28 2020-02-09 20:45:26

jasonrohrer
Administrator

There already are rainbow clothes, right?

#29 2020-02-09 21:08:45

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

jasonrohrer wrote:

There already are rainbow clothes, right?

WE'RE MISSING PURPLE AND ORANGE. We can't make a full rainbow yet

I also /blush.

#30 2020-02-09 21:17:37

Cantface

We're so close I can feel it in my bones. Two secondary colours away from glory!

Breasticles

#31 2020-02-10 01:10:30

DestinyCall

Taste the rainbow!

#32 2020-02-10 01:39:51

Morti

How about a water biome inside the swamp biome?
It could have snails in it, among other things, for the purple.
Purple_Purpur.jpg
See; The Tale of Tyrian Purple

Could even have a vote on which shade would appear in the game, for people playing the day the vote is cast.

This is also my nudge to get a water biome akin to a lake, sea or ocean, in the game. Salty or not, water is just as fun an environment to explore as any land biome, and has a lot of potential for unique and challenging scenarios in the game. Could have oil rigs in the sea someday, cargo ships, yachts, rafts, maybe ROVs to explore the depths, for resources that couldn't be found easier, in other ways. And when ever an inspiration from real life hits, that comes from something learned of the oceans, the stage is set for that item to find it's place.

Surely there are other sources of purple, but there are many lessons of history associated with Tyrian Purple

Now about the source of orange dye? Seems to be pretty easy to get orange from weak red dyes or strong yellow dyes, so maybe diluting red or concentrating yellow through distillation, or evaporation, could be a way to go? Every time I think of natural orange dye, I think of the saffron and turmeric dyed clothing of Buddhists.

--

Lovely artwork, Cantface. Seeing the pictures, I wish they could come alive with animation as I watch their lives play out.
Maybe Machinima style, or, some cartoon version of Heathers.

#33 2020-02-10 02:00:06

Cantface

Even BERRIES can be used for a simpler and already existing ingredient!(plus I like snails, they're cute!) The gooseberries are already purple and we have the crocks for crafting it in!
Berry dye works wonders on wool in this video starting at 3:24; https://youtu.be/UvmC-leoj9U

The orange dye is a conundrum so I looked it up on yt, and lo and behold ONION SKINS! Another natural and existing (animal friendly) dye;

Skip riiiiight to the end to see the results I mean wow!

https://youtu.be/CnL3NlJq_kg

I love the idea of voting on the colour, I love me a more blue-ish purple myself but whatever is the most visually appealing I guess works fine! I'd just be happy for any new colour honestly~

Thanks Morti! Funny enough I've dabbled in very simple animations and silly animated GIFs a few years back but nothing that great tbh, just silly dumb fun smile I should try animating more but I'll stick to the traditional pics for now.
Also, I won't switch to digital when doing ohol fanart seeing as I think it's appreciated here which is cool.

Breasticles

#34 2020-02-12 23:48:18

Cantface

Two new pics! (Sorry been busy with life.)

Rainbow dance party! Maybe one day this could happen~<3

ZVkHUqI.jpg

The REAL cursed babies;

NAVaM0W.jpg

The pinheads.

Breasticles

#35 2020-02-13 14:57:52

testo

Nice, those dancers need to smile a little more maybe? They look kinda nervous XDXD

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#36 2020-02-13 15:24:52

Cantface

testo wrote:

Nice, those dancers need to smile a little more maybe? They look kinda nervous XDXD

Thanks! I try to stay 'true' to ohol expressions' for the most part but you're right, I should definitely give them more emotion like /joy /happy etc otherwise it may look flat and awkward. I will take your advice for the next time!

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-13 15:41:45)

Breasticles

#37 2020-02-13 16:27:30

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, them royal purple snails are coming at some point!

#38 2020-02-13 17:00:47

testo

Cantface wrote:
testo wrote:

Thanks! I try to stay 'true' to ohol expressions' for the most part but you're right, I should definitely give them more emotion like /joy /happy etc otherwise it may look flat and awkward. I will take your advice for the next time!

Please don´t take it as "advice" I couldn´t even draw a tree myself tbh. I love your style and just thought in my mind dancers are always expressing something like happyness or they are flirty or maybe some kind of ecstasy. But maybe yours are just nervous because they are perfoming to us? lol.  The ginger guy looks stiff with his lips tight while the girl in red just looks at him like: Hey relax you doing fine.... On the same note I love how the girl in purple is like: Bitch take me to dance!

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#39 2020-02-13 17:14:08

Cantface

jasonrohrer wrote:

(◕ ▿ ◕)و yay!

We're going to look so fabulous I just know it.

Breasticles

#40 2020-02-13 17:27:26

Cantface

testo wrote:

Please don´t take it as "advice" I couldn´t even draw a tree myself tbh. I love your style and just thought in my mind dancers are always expressing something like happyness or they are flirty or maybe some kind of ecstasy. But maybe yours are just nervous because they are perfoming to us? lol.  The ginger guy looks stiff with his lips tight while the girl in red just looks at him like: Hey relax you doing fine.... On the same note I love how the girl in purple is like: Bitch take me to dance!

Honestly don't worry I appreciate it! It's not like you were being negative, just giving helpful tips! I'll definitely have more fun with expressions as I usually draw emotions a lil more than this in my day to day drawings so I totally see what you meant by the awkward gazes and don't feel bad because I agree lol! I'll just remember to switch it up a bit and I think it'll improve the picture overall so thanks again it was helpful!

When we get purple dye for realsies it's gonna be a HUGE party! Everyone will be dancing and expressing themselves lol.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-13 17:29:48)

Breasticles

#41 2020-02-13 17:30:03

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

jasonrohrer wrote:

Hell ye! Please tho, orange and pink too

I also /blush.

#42 2020-02-13 17:35:43

Cantface

DiscardedSlinky wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Hell ye! Please tho, orange and pink too

To be fair maybe I haven't been choosing the right pink/orange they're pretty bright whereas the purple is muted and maybe more eyepleasing. I'll pull out some more markers!

Breasticles

#43 2020-02-14 16:30:06

antking:]#

Because purple snails came up here is a fun little video about them-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYB-pmNs4VQ (the fake whiteboard animation isn't to good)

But just get ready to grind to get any purple

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#44 2020-03-03 23:19:05

Cantface

Three new fanart pictures that I'm finally posting even though they didn't turn out great.

zUh5v2o.jpg

Fabulous drag queens!
Edit: Tried out a new pink and orange marker so hopefully they aren't as garishly bright.

hwrD4qt.jpg

Warriors with tattoos. I really messed up on this one BUT I tried to fix it lol.

Jubm1Bs.jpg

This pic is just a result my frustration after ruining two pieces of fanart, one which I was unable to save, feels bad man.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-03-04 14:11:56)

Breasticles

#45 2020-03-04 12:50:28

testo

What? They are super cool. The first one is a little out of proportion but it is still nice (they look a little short for adults). The second one is amazing, I love the details, you also nailed all the tattoos in the game. The last one is nice, you need to smile more!

- Jack Ass

#46 2020-03-04 14:03:41

Cantface

Thanks testo! Definitely, the first one I drew on half a page and I squeezed them in too much. The second one I messed up the ginger womans' eyes and mouth so I turned her eyebrows into a 'tattoo' (thick brows lol)and used a white ink marker to try and fix the mouth. I also messed up the knife and the dreaded womans' eye as well. Thank goodness for white ink. (This is why I was better at digital art, easier to get rid of mistakes lol)

Yay! tattoos are one of my favourite things to do in game so I'm pleased. Moved the stomach tat a bit too far left but still looks ok.

Tyvm that's very sweet!

Breasticles

#47 2020-03-04 20:48:56

Jojigirl

Nice artwork Cantface, I really like your style.

#48 2020-03-04 21:20:26

Cantface

Thank you so much Jojigirl <3 Muchos love to you.

Breasticles

#49 2020-05-02 22:10:19

Cantface

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

NEW
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

KvXvLYk.jpg

Jesus and Satchel fanart! Original story post here: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=9076

Some colours bled where they weren't supposed to so I had to draw a rock to cover it hmm

56aJFut.jpg

I don't like wine but it's all we have.

LP5XdA3.jpg

You know. Nuff said.

Ryk4GIP.jpg

Two hours one life fanart. Look at the some of the nice things they have!

Last edited by Cantface (2020-05-02 22:11:02)

Breasticles

#50 2020-05-02 22:52:05

antking:]#

I have to say that 2HOL while better game play wise the art is....
Lets say it's something to be desired... you can definitely tell where Jason art ends and 2HOL art begins

But really love the pictures, you are defiantly getting better at doing OHOL characters

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

Board footer