You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-09 20:59:08

Booklat1

Re: There is a poop apocalypse, please fix

Spoonwood wrote:
Glassius wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:

thats not true as people may still mass produce fot stuff like shrimps

That's exactly the point. You need six sheeps to make nest. So, if somebody wants to catch them, he is making six dungs. Buff to wool produce would also address this issue.

In my last life I was tailoring and teaching how to do it. I've made quite a lot of shit this time and this was basically all I could do, so tedious it was.

No.  You can feed one sheep. Shear it.  Then feed it again.  And repeat.  If the sheep cannot move, then you won't get poop.

Yes, but people will most often feed lambs for the extra res.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that not everyone plays optimally in big server which causes chaos? And tbh, the best thing IS to feed lambs, get dung, make compost, if you want to produce the most resources.

I'm not saying you cant do it, even make a pen for just one immoveable sheep, i'm saying that people won't stop overfeeding sheep if that gives us a ton of different uses.

#27 2019-04-10 09:28:08

pein

make pen out of sugar
like 6 tiles near a loom
2x3
feed and move out poop, once it's full just feed them again and shear
they cant move they give wool
you can even put a berry line on middle

WJixCc1.png

bottom 3 boxes, so you can see trough, maybe 2 looms on sides

H shape berry makes sure they cant exit diagonally, but hard to pick it off for feeding
so maybe just make a 2x3 with 2 or 3 box bottom depending how you turn it

3 can hold 6 food and shears,6 fleece (shears back to box and take the last one in hand)

l2Agglw.png

replace with looms later on
generally the copper rod  is quite fast to make with roller, then just make wire with the draw plate, and if you got planted trees, not so expensive to have extra branches, looms can make a nice wall which is unmoveable

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#28 2019-04-10 10:27:01

PeaGirl

I think the issue is more greatly on how shovel has been nerfed lately, and even more, wheat has been buffed lately, so that you probably never lack of wheat seeds in meantime. Composting after all is somewhat complex thing, and requires space. Some don't really see it, but compost is quite often used... so there is no excuse that there is too much dung.
Shovel though has been in bad shade with accidental griefing, when people have tried to gather space in pen by moving dung with shovel, destroying them from spending them for tossing dungs either on wet compost piles, or blatantly on ground without switching shovel with any available item (which I've time and time again adviced people to try. Very handy especially in smithing)
The carrot and wheat buff should be promising enough for composting fans (which I doubt there are that many.), although seeds not in bowls decay, decaying hit wheat piles and such, would bring in a little bit of micromanaging in even simplest farms, although not that risque.
Personally, it's best to face the basics again, and try to do the composting, even with the incredible dung piles and scarce amounts of shovels.
I am pretty sure that shorn sheep dung buff won't stand the sunlight for too long anyway, I personally always still feed the lambs. big_smile

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#29 2019-04-10 11:26:46

Amon

Today i was actually dreaming about pein's sugarcane pen design to trap a singular sheep in it and just feed it poopless.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#30 2019-04-10 13:24:49

Spoonwood

Booklat1 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:
Glassius wrote:

That's exactly the point. You need six sheeps to make nest. So, if somebody wants to catch them, he is making six dungs. Buff to wool produce would also address this issue.

In my last life I was tailoring and teaching how to do it. I've made quite a lot of shit this time and this was basically all I could do, so tedious it was.

No.  You can feed one sheep. Shear it.  Then feed it again.  And repeat.  If the sheep cannot move, then you won't get poop.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that not everyone plays optimally in big server which causes chaos? And tbh, the best thing IS to feed lambs, get dung, make compost, if you want to produce the most resources.

I'm not saying you cant do it, even make a pen for just one immoveable sheep, i'm saying that people won't stop overfeeding sheep if that gives us a ton of different uses.

So I talked about not getting poop.  How do you infer I thought anything about people getting optimally from that?  Not getting poop isn't optimal.

Also, the one immovable sheep (I've checked now... immovable sheep without wool will regrow their wool if fed, but won't produce dung) does work.  I don't see anything optimal in terms of resources.  You can get a bunch of fleece that way, but you get 4 mutton meat maximum, and zero poop.  That could be from 200 bowls of berries and carrots for all I know.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#31 2019-04-10 14:52:10

pein

well think this way:
you put  5 bowls of soil to make a compost
gain 21
so you got like 40 bushes, which is depleted randomly (where 20 picked off and fixed would do the same)
so you use like 2-3 compost each 10 min, maybe 1 more for other stuff
only do poopless pen when you got a normal one or backlog of dung
you can keep up with dung making compost and just plant all milkweed
just you need like 3-4 hoes per hour and dedicated farmers

if you got too many dung then they either use wild soil or they don't have enough carts, buckets and doors

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#32 2019-04-10 17:08:18

futurebird

One request... if you MUST waste the shovel and move poop out of the pen because you are too focused on your personal goal of making a hat or whatever and can't be bothered to make the pen larger or make compost to get rid of it at least move it far away, ideally just out of town a little way from the farming areas as it could be used later. People who shovel poop to move it 4 tiles out the the pen are the worst and they get so indignant if you ask them to help make the pen larger or make compost instead.

And I get it. Doing everything "right" can take up too much of a life, some of the time you just want a hat. But, at least move the poor far... please?

I was enlarging a pen and realized no matter how I did it it would contain all of the poop someone moved two tiles so they could get more sheep to shear.

I don't understand why they can just feed one sheep over and over if the pen in full of poo. Do sheep not grow wool if there is no space?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#33 2019-04-10 19:49:51

Spoonwood

futurebird wrote:

Do sheep not grow wool if there is no space?

Sheep DO regrow wool if there is no space.  I saw this happen last night.  So, people probably just don't understand that, or don't understand shovel charges.  At least for the most part.  Maybe 'dung griefing' exists.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#34 2019-04-11 14:56:34

Booklat1

Spoonwood wrote:
Booklat1 wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

So I talked about not getting poop.  How do you infer I thought anything about people getting optimally from that?  Not getting poop isn't optimal.

Also, the one immovable sheep (I've checked now... immovable sheep without wool will regrow their wool if fed, but won't produce dung) does work.  I don't see anything optimal in terms of resources.  You can get a bunch of fleece that way, but you get 4 mutton meat maximum, and zero poop.  That could be from 200 bowls of berries and carrots for all I know.

its optimal only in the sense of not making more clutter which i assumed was what you referred to. You can avoid clutter, but you miss on resources which to me isnt worth it

#35 2019-04-11 16:33:46

pein

make a new pen, that's same as extending one
you make more space for sheep

now if the mouflon is alive try to don't release it

even if sugar is griefeable, all other pen types are kind of griefeable
sure, adobe needs refill on water and stone bell might break shovel, but in the end if its cracked open by intent, then you are screwed
in terms of accidental griefing, not that much, even less than bell bases
sure you could cut it with knife misclicking the sheep but highly unlikely, if you are that bad with knife, a lot more trouble comes from it

so yeah, making a second pen out of sugar and just demolishing it when is full of poop, using to compost in place and maybe even put a cistern
if you pickaxe a cistern you get back the stones, so you just lose one limestone
you need 2 bushes for 1 compost which is making soil for 1 compost and 15 extra bowls of soil so mostly gonna be used for other stuff

#36 2019-04-11 19:40:34

Gabby

Maybe composting boxes could help.

Just the same as making a compost pile, but instead you put four of everything (straw, mashed berries with carrot, water, poop) in a box and close the lid. Come back later for the equivalent of 4 compost piles but inside a single tile.

Be nice to the mouflon

#37 2019-04-12 05:32:59

pein

you can dump composted soil on empty soil pit, holds ten instead of 7

Board footer