One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-03-27 23:55:59

DestinyCall

Re: A Griefer's Guide to Pitbulls

DaTrüf! wrote:

dude what the fuck why? Not even myself knew this fucking info

On the bright-side, you now know exactly how many women you have stabbed over the last four months.

Nosaj is always watching.   Even when you thing you are alone.  @.@

#52 2019-03-28 04:06:29

GreatShawn

DaTrüf! wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

On the bright-side, you now know exactly how many women you have stabbed over the last four months.

Nosaj is always watching.   Even when you thing you are alone.  @.@

I've only killed 40 people in the entirety of me playing the game, I'd bet you've killed more greifers than I've killed innocent

Killing griefers like you saves 40 normal people from getting stabbed by some psychopath like you

#53 2019-03-28 04:35:59

Guppy

Just quit it with the " i grief to help eves". Its BS and you know it

#54 2019-03-28 04:37:13

DestinyCall

I don't like killing people, even griefers.  So no, I can say with certainty that I have not killed more people  than you.   

If you are curious, my stats are available on the player stats thread from a while back.   I started playing at around the same time as you - when OHOL first came on Steam.   In that time, I've killed eight people.  Half of them were murderers or confirmed griefers.  The rest were people who requested death for various reasons - a pair of twins that wanted the lineage ban for both of them, an old man who wanted to die by the blade rather than old age, and my brother when our village ran out of girls.    Not sure why people keep asking me to kill them.    And there was one accidental death, when I mis-clicked on an old man while stacking firewood.  I meant to click on my cart and then on the ground, but I must have clicked my backpack by mistake.  Very unfortunate, but he was really understanding about it. 

Anyways, your kill percentage isn't unusually high, compared with other players that have posted stats.   My kill percentage is below average, yours is about average.   However, your kills skew toward female, which is a bad sign.   It suggests you were targeting women, which is a griefer tactic.  Of course, these stats are not perfect - they do not show WHY you killed someone and they only measure direct kills, so if you engage in a lot of animal baiting you could be indirectly responsible for many more deaths.   I would assume this is the case for you.

#55 2019-03-29 21:20:03

DaTrüf!

What a community!

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#56 2019-03-29 21:23:48

Tarr
Banned

DaTrüf! wrote:

What a community!

Griefs then wonders why the community doesn't like them

:thinking:

fug it’s Tarr.

#57 2019-03-29 22:05:40

PeaGirl

You reap what you sow. Except nothing less from people who don't like your solution for Eve kids problem... by destroying already succeeding Eve towns that managed to survive past numerous low population waves with miracles.
But then again, it was their fault not preparing for the worst (and not standing on items or switching items around for dog to be locked.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#58 2019-03-31 00:48:00

DestinyCall

I'm sure the Eves are over-joyed at your humanitarian efforts.

What would we do without you?

#59 2019-03-31 01:03:01

antking:]#

DestinyCall wrote:

we would all be sitting in the lap of luxury as more well developed towns  wouldn't crumble because of someone's tampering!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#60 2019-03-31 01:07:27

DestinyCall

antking:]# wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

we would all be sitting in the lap of luxury as more well developed towns  wouldn't crumble because of someone's tampering!

Whoops, sorry.  Forgot to add /sarcasm tag.  My bad.

#61 2019-03-31 01:26:50

pein

stabbed him today, still shit at dodging
the trophy on that one goes to aurora big_smile she can dodge quite a lot of times

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#62 2019-03-31 02:27:46

GreatShawn

big towns started off as eve camps

so if u kill them big towns it is like killing an advanced eve camp

so maybe take a break off this game and think about how selfish and arrogant u r for making other people's gaming experience unenjoyable

#63 2019-03-31 06:33:52

OminousBladeBlank

What is the point of an angry pitbull if not to be a grief tool? Like what other use did Jason have in mind for it? It seems like a weapon specifically for destruction. Does it help eves? Technically.

I think it's creative and rather thwartable. Some good Malignant RP.

Better than spawning as quadruplets, collecting all weapons, and massacring town starting with the ferts.

Love me some good RP. And hey, karma exists in the form of D Town. Balanced.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#64 2019-03-31 16:22:22

Anandamide

Y'all keep saying that killing towns helps eves but it doesn't. People die all the time and get born in eve camps. The problem is that they /die in eve camps far more often than in big cities. Killing more people causes more children who don't want to play in an eve camp to end up there, and if there are no other options they might play there, but will be less productive than someone who actually wants to play in an early settlement. The fact that big towns exist is proof that eve camps are not experiencing a problem so bad it requires your kind of help. Some succeed and others dont, sometimes its because it was a good spot and everyone worked together well, and others do despite poor placement and bad players. You know what really helps eves? More players in the game. You arent the developer, so unless you're out selling the gospel of OHOL, the only thing you can do to help the game and thus help the eves is not making players quit because everything they make gets ruined by you.

#65 2019-03-31 16:30:19

DaTrüf!

Anandamide wrote:

Y'all keep saying that killing towns helps eves but it doesn't. People die all the time and get born in eve camps. The problem is that they /die in eve camps far more often than in big cities. Killing more people causes more children who don't want to play in an eve camp to end up there, and if there are no other options they might play there, but will be less productive than someone who actually wants to play in an early settlement. The fact that big towns exist is proof that eve camps are not experiencing a problem so bad it requires your kind of help. Some succeed and others dont, sometimes its because it was a good spot and everyone worked together well, and others do despite poor placement and bad players. You know what really helps eves? More players in the game. You arent the developer, so unless you're out selling the gospel of OHOL, the only thing you can do to help the game and thus help the eves is not making players quit because everything they make gets ruined by you.

The idea is not if the people who end up in these eve camps at first are nessesarily productive or not, but rather to have more girls, which are a proivder for babies, so even if you were to have a noob who doesnt know what they are doing, as long as they survive and are able to care for their babies (if they are a girl) then it wouldnt really matter. The entire problem is that towns have clothing, heat, and enough food to allow you to have a pretty fair yum score, all of which are huge factors when it comes to having babies. So what happends is that you have these towns just dominating over the Eves.

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-03-31 16:35:20)

#66 2019-03-31 16:51:59

DestinyCall

As an Eve, you do not need a sudden onslaught of dozens of babies from a murder spree.  You need a small number of knowledgeable players who know how to stay alive and build a camp.    Most experienced Eves will tell you that population control is vitally important in an Eve camp.   Even more so than in advanced villages, since resources are scarce and the necessary work must be done quickly and while working against a ticking clock, since early food sources are finite and non-renewable.   

The kind of players who you are killing by griefing towns with pitabulls are more likely to be inexperienced players who don't know how to avoid animal attacks.   Again, these are NOT the kind of players that Eves need in their camps.   Experienced players are less likely to die to your attacks and more likely to use /die when they are reborn into a situation they don't like.   

If you are justifying your griefing by claiming that it helps Eves, you should pick a different excuse.   Your idea is dumb.   You are hurting other players and destroying their work.   Stop being an asshole.

#67 2019-03-31 18:00:59

Whatever

Dont take DaTrüf! so serious.
Griefers exist, you will not be able to change their minds by calling them assholes (this only encourages them)
Stay calm and dont let them make you angry.

#68 2019-03-31 18:40:41

DestinyCall

They will exist whether or not I like them, but I don't agree with staying calm and quiet.   If they want to lie to themselves about what they are doing, I can't stop them.  However, if they want to share their broken ideas here, I'll point out the flawed logic and hypocrisy.  It's just what I do.

They are not the hero, saving towns from over-population.  They are not the victim, forced to hurt those that hurt them first.   They are not the challenge that other players are looking for, adding spice to a boring game.  These are all just lies that they whisper to themselves in the dark, so they can feel justified and good when the thrill of the hunt wears off and they are left in DonkeyTown to think about their past actions.

I don't want OHOL to become a griefer's playground, like some multiplayer survival games (I'm looking at you, Rust).   This is a really cool game.  It has a unique community focus that is rare in on-line games.   People work together toward a common goal.  They build together, live together, work together, raise each other and support each other.   It is one of the rare multiplayer games that I actually enjoy ... except when I have to deal with assholes and griefers.   They intentionally make the game worse for other players.  Their fun comes from ruining the fun of others and I think that is just sad.

#69 2019-03-31 20:34:37

OminousBladeBlank

DaTrüf! wrote:

Jesus Christ the dump of hate you guys have given me for this post! You have to realize that sharing this helps you find pit-bull griefers

Don't forget to dump our hate on them too, my dude. Or send me the ish.

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#70 2019-04-01 05:20:07

BerrypickerAF

DaTrüf! wrote:

Jesus Christ the dump of hate you guys have given me for this post! You have to realize that sharing this helps you find pit-bull griefers

I gotta agree, they took it a bit too far.

You basically doxxed this player and went on a witch hunt, going out of your way to find and kill them. Moreso, some even vowed to kill anyone who as much as tries to raise dogs. I feel bad for those poor new players who just found out you can have a dog, think it's adorable and can't wait to try it only to get murdered. Congrats, you just scared off a potential regular player. Or worse, you just created another griefer who thinks it's okay to kill people for no reason.
And how much time did all of ya'll spend on this revenge quest that could have instead been spent on having fun, or being productive, or doing laundry, or jerking off ffs roll

Chill out a bit and take a moment to applaud this player for having the balls to step up and share how they do it. Don't stomp on someone because they found a way to abuse the system.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Last edited by BerrypickerAF (2019-04-01 05:22:42)

#71 2019-04-01 05:25:51

OminousBladeBlank

BerrypickerAF wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

You basically doxxed this player and went on a witch hunt, going out of your way to find and kill them. Moreso, some even vowed to kill anyone who as much as tries to raise dogs. I feel bad for those poor new players who just found out you can have a dog, think it's adorable and can't wait to try it only to get murdered. Congrats, you just scared off a potential regular player. Or worse, you just created another griefer who thinks it's okay to kill people for no reason.
And how much time did all of ya'll spend on this revenge quest that could have instead been spent on having fun, or being productive, or doing laundry, or jerking off ffs roll

Chill out a bit and take a moment to applaud this player for having the balls to step up and share how they do it. Don't stomp on someone because they found a way to abuse the system.

I reiterate: Why the fuck would jason make pitbulls if he didn't want them to be a murder weapon? Was it a bug? XD

#72 2019-04-01 08:44:39

w0wma

BerrypickerAF wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

i just carry puppies off and say 'don't raise dogs bc griefers can snatch them up'. i also agree on the privacy thing, yeah griefing is shitty... but it's also shitty leaking his gamer profile.

Last edited by w0wma (2019-04-01 08:51:40)

#73 2019-04-01 09:18:18

Potjeh

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

I reiterate: Why the fuck would jason make pitbulls if he didn't want them to be a murder weapon? Was it a bug? XD

Why would Jason make it possible to get all that player info if he didn't want it to be used for doxxing?

#74 2019-04-01 10:23:59

Whatever

Dont call getting player stats doxxing lol
Stats dont contain any real life information.
Also i dident post toxic stats to anger him, i just wanted to compare it to other stats i thought it might be interesting to see.
Can you spot a griefer from his stats? idk

#75 2019-04-02 23:29:42

DaTrüf!

BerrypickerAF wrote:
DaTrüf! wrote:

The community also sent me to Donkey Town, having a curse score of 4....

Board footer