One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-25 04:40:02

DaTrüf!

A Griefer's Guide to Pitbulls

I, am not a greifer! Though if anyone were to grief, I'd recomend to only grief aganst big towns, ONLY big towns. Not to be confused with trolling, greif big towns to decrease their population, so that eve's will have a chance to have more kids. Though in my experience of playing the game, I've probably found one of the best ways to greif, all the while keeping secrecy and not being cursed. So, for you fellow greifers, I hope you take this into account:

So if your going to greif aganst a big town, your looking for an enclosed room where people hang arround, such as a nursury/kitchen
jPxFIIn.png
I know its zoomed in, though its a highly populated town in an enclosed room, perfect for pitbull territory.

So inorder to feed pitbulls, your going to need carcinas, and getting that your going to need pork, provided through pigs. So the first step would be getting food to feed the piggs, which would be locating the local corn farm
LTJph0L.png
so the next step would be drying out the corn, putting it into bowls, and cutting it up with a flint chip making corn kernels
9LbZYwJ.png
You're going to need two bowls worth of corn kernals atleast, make sure to place them next to a pen so its ready to feed the piggies
iWihd33.png
...(for some reason they had three pens idk why)

Now your going to need piggies, so, your going to grab a bow and arrow, and go out to find a boar with a pigglet
j2MexRA.png
Shoot the boar, and go on to grab the pigglet
KfAi0TC.png
Then proceed to put it in the pen and feed it
2CNOsPQ.png
As soon as you feed it, you want to retreive your bow, wait for the boar to grow up, and shoot it, make sure to feed the piglet
pXymBAy.png

So you got piggies, now you need to get carcinas, firstly, your going to need a knife, or have someone cut up the boar you just killed. Once you get the pork, grab the pork and put them into bowls, next to a fire
4RiKPyx.png
(....I cut up the boar I shot earlier)
Then, once when the fire burns out, grab the bowls with pork and hit those hot coals! then you got carcinas!
oicyVyc.png

You have the carcinas, you have the piggies, your half way their! Though if you've managed to do this as fast as I've been able to, your less than thrity years old, which means your not lineaged banned! (aslong as you've not killed anyone yet.... or have gotten killed). So what i did was just find a wolf, and just die.
1mDNjTa.png
vsKksoW.png
Hopefully, your not lineaged banned, and is able to be reborn into your town, it only took me the first try to try to get reborn,
Pq6qsiQ.png

It is time for the doggs! now try to find an area that no one will ever go, though is also easily habbitable.
K2c0LkY.jpg
No one wanted to go past those lump of trees, the perfect spot for a place to hide our stash of doggos.
M6322YL.png
One by one, I moved the carcinas (the devs are mean and you cant put carcinas in carts) I was also lazy and i only brang 4 bowls worth of carcinas.
wjFOCZN.png
Also not forgetting about my cloths, I grabbed a peice of mutton to feed a wolf, which yeilded puppies
udZVcub.png
The second dog that you grab from the wolf is the one you want (a german shepard). Make sure to have a peice of mutton, and proceed to take the dog to your stash of carcinas. Feed it, and move in an upward direction of 1 tile, right above the dog; everytimg the dog moves towards to, move up one again, after fed.
ez955mk.jpg
vWvt9Uf.jpg
As you can see, I have not moved in an upward direction everytime it aproached me, because I was lazy and just picked it up and down every time it approached me
XelCce6.png
I know, you cant see the dog, it hid behind a tree (stupid tree), again, the pitbull is the 2nd dog u grab, (NOT the dog im holding in the pic!)
Now, instead of moving up a tile everytime it approaches you, you want the dog to be in a specific spot, so now everytime the pup approaches you, pick it up and put it down in its original spot, do this untill it grows.
tje13To.png
Then, once it grows, feed it mutton, and THEN go upwards in one direction.
VL2c05r.jpg

Now, you've done it! you have pitbull pups!.... though the work isnt done yet.
Grab a pup, and feed it, and do the process of going up one tile, BUT, you need to count to SEVEN moves of the pup, starting with its first move towards you, after you've fed it. EMEDIANTLY after its moved SEVEN times, PICK IT UP!!!!!! One more move of the pup means its a full grown pitbull, and its lost to a place where you dont want it to be. Then, sneaaaaaaaak it to the building, let 'em loose!, hit him with a long shaft, making it a MEAN pitbull! And its all hell broken loose! Make sure there is NO bows to be found, WHAT SO EVER, or else the pitbull will die.

Here's some pics of my pit-bull attack
KW4bKe1.png
cvNdpXG.png
gMoCvxS.png
E1D9Vfq.png

All and all, with just ONE pitbull, I caused the pop to go from this:
nS2XSiH.png
to this:
8OKPpdW.png
I killed 4 fertile girls, some old people, and a bunch of guys, I was able to accomplish this with just one putbull!, and NOT GETTING ONE CURSE!
Btw, make sure in the room that there is nothing to stand on, or else the pitbull cant attack.

Last edited by DaTrüf! (2019-04-14 18:00:47)

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 2019-03-25 04:54:19

antking:]#

Re: A Griefer's Guide to Pitbulls

wow we have a new toxic people!

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#3 2019-03-25 05:00:05

DestinyCall

antking:]# wrote:

Because griefers are just like potato chips.  One is never enough!

Every time I see another one of these "Look at my amazing griefing skills, but don't worry I'm helping!" threads, I start hearing this song playing in my head:

https://youtu.be/E0EBOFL_VwE

"Don't want to be a bad guy
I'm just a loner baby
And now you've got in my way"

#4 2019-03-25 05:02:35

DestinyCall

*plays the world's tiniest violin*

So misunderstood!

https://youtu.be/8IEQpfA528M

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-03-25 06:42:09)

#5 2019-03-25 05:09:45

DestinyCall

Thanks, but no thanks.   I can do without your murder babies on my next eve run.    Feel free to stop abusing dogs any time you like.

#6 2019-03-25 05:20:49

futurebird

Just say you did it for the LULZ and stop making up nonsense about it being "helpful" -- it's a pretty funny idea and I can't be that mad given the effort that went in to this nonsense. But I do think it's kind of cowardly and dishonest to hide behind some flimsy excuse about it's "helping" Eves. You do this in a big town because there are buildings and more people and more room for mayhem. You are causing mayhem, annoying people for your own amusement. Just owen it dude. Come on.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#7 2019-03-25 07:03:50

Portager

Mega props to you for inventing a griefing method that actually takes time and effort, much better than the usual low IQ griefing methods.

Don't pretend however that this is about population control. For one, it took you 45 years to complete this greifing. Clearly, if the village was desperately overpopulated during that amount of time, it would have hit a famine and collapsed, but it didn't. It was therefore not overpopulated, as it did not surpass its carrying threshold.

Secondly, if a village really was on the verge of collapse due to overpopulation and the area ban, then anyone can leave and start a satellite village. As a female during your second life, you could have done this, or you could have convinced your family to do it. I happen to know that there is another small camp to the WSW of this particular village along a partially completed road. You could have just gone there and kept building.

#8 2019-03-25 08:28:37

The_Anabaptist

I've never raised a dog before.  That sounded like an insane amount of work, so wow, just wow. *slow claps*

Another good reason not to raise kids inside enclosed buildings.  Just build a town close to lots of rabbits and dress the little rugrats right away instead.

Seriously, I'm really starting to hate enclosed buildings.  I think they disrupt the traffic flow of most towns and are a poor use of your limited time.

The_Anabaptist

#9 2019-03-25 10:28:23

w0wma

DestinyCall wrote:
antking:]# wrote:

Every time I see another one of these "Look at my amazing griefing skills, but don't worry I'm helping!" threads, I start hearing this song playing in my head:

https://youtu.be/E0EBOFL_VwE

"Don't want to be a bad guy
I'm just a loner baby
And now you've got in my way"

dude, thanks for posting that song. it's given me a theme song for one of my edgy rp characters.

#10 2019-03-25 11:14:23

Averest

More griefer wank material.

#11 2019-03-25 11:25:30

Guppy

gonna start stabbing everyone that breeds dogs from now on

#12 2019-03-25 12:21:12

hmrka

Guppy wrote:

gonna start stabbing everyone that breeds dogs from now on

collies are fine, only stab people who make german shepherds. feed all grown pitbulls you see, and throw their babies out.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#13 2019-03-25 14:22:42

breezeknight

it takes forever to load your screenshots yikes
reduce the resolution

#14 2019-03-25 14:49:51

futurebird

The_Anabaptist wrote:

I've never raised a dog before.  That sounded like an insane amount of work, so wow, just wow. *slow claps*

Another good reason not to raise kids inside enclosed buildings.  Just build a town close to lots of rabbits and dress the little rugrats right away instead.

Seriously, I'm really starting to hate enclosed buildings.  I think they disrupt the traffic flow of most towns and are a poor use of your limited time.

The_Anabaptist

Generally I agree. Walls can be useful for the smith, though since it keeps people from walking through the space as much if you place the doors well. I don't think walls are that great for nurseries and the bakery should be open on one side with a kind of porch to put the pies out.

Walls ought to be about keeping people from strolling through workspaces and warmth.

---
omnem cibum costis

#15 2019-03-25 15:29:25

DestinyCall

The best nursery is two large slow fires with an open tile in between them.    The center tile, between the two fires, will be perfect temperature. 

You don't need walls, floors, or anything else.   Just an extra stack of firewood to keep the second fire going strong.   

It is a safe and effective way to keep your kids warm without building walls.  Much cheaper and much harder to grief than a nursery building

#16 2019-03-25 15:48:42

olooopo

This isn't new, I have seen griefers doing it several times by now. Also, it's not much different then leading a bear to the town and watch the bear rampaging in it. Usually only people,  which are either not cautious enough or don't know  that you have to stand on an item, get bitten by a pit-bull/bear.

Last week, I was in a town which was griefed several times as you described it above with the exception that the town had a dog breeding building. Just a five by four building with a lot of dogs running around; it looked kinda nice. Someone used it for breeding pit-bulls and there was some carnitas close-by. When I was young I opened that door without knowing that there was a mean pit-bull inside and it escaped. Luckily, I could save the two people which got bitten by it. Then, I tried to git rid of the carnitas by feeding some non-pit-bull puppies and starved all pit-bull puppies. Also,  I fed the one still living pit-bull mutton to turn it old and to starve its puppies (I wasn't old enough to handle the bow and couldn't find arrows either).
My stupid mother saw me feeding the dogs  and immediately assumed that I must be griefing. She called me a "dog griefer" and stabbed me without giving me a chance to explain myself. I didn't care much tbh because I already did everything I wanted  in this town.  The dog mechanic is kinda cool and I like playing with them.

#17 2019-03-25 15:53:11

futurebird

DestinyCall wrote:

The best nursery is two large slow fires with an open tile in between them.    The center tile, between the two fires, will be perfect temperature.

Do you really need two fires? If you stand on the fire with any clothes one tends to get hot. IDK people are bad at planting trees, rather not use up twice as much wood.

---
omnem cibum costis

#18 2019-03-25 16:20:56

DestinyCall

Two slow-burn fires is best, because the central tile is perfect temperature.   You don't want to stand directly on a slow-burn fire because it is too hot, regardless of clothing.   But right next to the fire is too cold, regardless of clothing.   And the majority of babies in a busy nursery will be naked or nearly naked.  To reach perfect temp, the babies would need to bounce on and off the fire, which is annoying and requires too much micromanagement.   Most people won't do it.   However, the hunger benefits from perfect temp tiles are pretty amazing.  Especially for nurseries with lots of hungry babies.    It is why the idea of a "wet-nurse" only became a thing AFTER the temp update.  Before the update, you just needed to find a good warm spot for your baby and remember to feed him once or twice a minute.    There was no risk that your kid would die if you looked away for five seconds, so you could keep working, as long as you were good at time management games.

A small fire is perfect temp when you stand directly on it, but it doesn't last very long and burns through kindling at an alarming rate.  This also wastes iron, due to increased tool usage (axe/hatchet).  If your village has access to a hand cart or horse cart, hauling firewood from distant areas is viable for many generations.   You don't REALLY need to plant trees until the town is very old.    Although I think that tree planting is a great idea in an established village - at least one juniper near the fire for tender, a row of maple trees for long shafts/kindling, a row of lombardy poplar for curved shafts/kindling and a few rows of pine trees for firewood.  There is almost always a huge amount of unused firewood or trees available for harvesting within easy reach of the village.   We just don't usually have anyone taking the time to gather it and make it easier for everyone else to feed the central fire.

Personally, I think it is worth the extra effort.   I'd rather use twice as much firewood than risk the entire lineage ending because some jackass decided to release a pit bull in the nursery building or lock all the doors, trapping our babies inside to starve to death.

#19 2019-03-25 16:39:05

Oblong

So you were probably the person who unleashed a pitbull out on us that one time we were making a car. hmm

Last edited by Oblong (2019-03-25 16:39:29)

I don’t talk in-game unless it’s dire.

#20 2019-03-25 17:20:26

GreatShawn

if your brain was dynamite,
there wouldn't be enough to blow your hat off.

#21 2019-03-25 17:35:56

futurebird

Oblong wrote:

So you were probably the person who unleashed a pitbull out on us that one time we were making a car. hmm

Oh no he's "helping" LOL

---
omnem cibum costis

#22 2019-03-25 19:03:46

w0wma

DaTrüf! wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Every time I see another one of these "Look at my amazing griefing skills, but don't worry I'm helping!" ...

Listen: I only troll against BIG cities, because they take away all the people from the EVES! Someone has to put a stop to their EVIL DEEDS!

bugger off with that rhetoric. the people who died probably got born into another large town, so please and kindly bugger off using that poor justification.

#23 2019-03-25 21:58:32

DaTrüf!

Jesus Christ the dump of hate you guys have given me for this post! You have to realize that sharing this helps you find pit-bull griefers

>Me: *writes detailed post on pit bull griefing and details how to prevent it*
>Community: GRIEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 2019-03-25 22:01:12

Tarr
Banned

DaTrüf! wrote:

Jesus Christ the dump of hate you guys have given me for this post! You have to realize that sharing this helps you find pit-bull griefers

No one likes a griefer, and vocal griefers deserve every bit of hate they receive. All you've done is added yourself to the communities shit list.

fug it’s Tarr.

#25 2019-03-25 22:27:21

StephMoccha

I was in this town, I was Adelena Choi, I remember you (Sarah Choi) doing all that douchebag pitbull griefing and honestly it's not really a cool thing to see nor it was necessary for you to kill so many people with it just to post a dumb guide and pretend like you're so cool with it. Idk, it was annoying as hell lol. I knew you were doing it and I even told you to stop bringing the stupid dogs. To my surprise nobody seemed to give a damn until they were dying. You also kept hiding weapons and acting like you didn't know what you were doing.
But props to you I guess, I just wish I found the bow that you hid so I could  have ended you right on the spot.

Last edited by StephMoccha (2019-03-25 22:36:45)

Board footer