One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-16 07:41:56

Toxic
Banned

I just quit on this game

Man just saying if you see a griefer it not me. Like all of my accounts have 8hrs left of donkey town now. Like Jason I just wasted $60 on this game. I bought 3 accounts until they all got a 1000 curses. Some of Therese curses aren’t even for me griefing. I posted a screenshot of my character and Tarr found my name and I got cursed a bunch of times. This game just isn’t good for the curse system. I could buy another account ways but like I would rather go play some skyrim or rust. I’m gonna go play some rust, that game it’s eaiser to be toxic.
Farewell

#2 2019-04-16 07:51:40

Guppy

Re: I just quit on this game

You are griefing, got punished by the anti griefing system, and are now complaining about the anti griefing system. You cant make this stuff up lol

#3 2019-04-16 08:57:41

breezeknight

@Toxic

make suggestions for a CRIME SYSTEM as a regular feature

be creative

every peaceful world needs crime
don't retreat to sulking lol

- - -

#4 2019-04-16 09:32:19

ProNice

I think the game works like intended. I find the joy of being a griefer brings certain risks with it and being send to Donkey Town is Part of the experience.

#5 2019-04-16 10:31:10

JonySky
Website

I never thought I would agree with a griefer ... but it is true, the current system of curses does not work correctly
yesterday I was born as the only female of an early camp ...

My mother called me hope ... (I did not like that much, but still I did not say anything)

I asked my mother if it was new, since she had seen that she did not move from the fire and did not want to spend 60 minutes working for a sponge noob (again not)
He answered that it was not new, but I did not believe it ...

When I was able to let go of my mother's arms, I went for a walk around the camp, to see what was needed ... my mother thought I was committing suicide and she cursed me ...
That angered me a lot, I've never been rude, I've never created chaos, I never killed myself in this kind of situation because it would bother me if that happened to me.

At this point, I wanted to end the lineage ... only for revenge to my mother, but I did not i did not hurt anyone, I did not hide anything, I did not call the bears ... nothing ... just wait to grow enough to see how that lineage continued
neither my brother nor my mother trusted me very much ... and I understand ... but I've never been a bad person, there was no reason to curse me when I was a baby ..

I'm tired of reading in this forum that nobody can force you to live in an early camp where I do not want to live
I see many users of this forum who believe that the / die system is positive and do not see any problem with the practice of child suicide
I also see the statistics of deaths by / die and they are very high ... in short we ALL use the / die but then it bothers us to lose the lineage and we decided to curse the babies ...
this has a name HYPOCRISY!

My story continued in this camp with a normal life
my mother had another daughter, my sister, and she was amazing, efficient and good person
finally I stayed in the camp and helped in everything I could, my sister deserved it.
I killed a nephew Griefer and I had an AFK daughter who had offspring, but all my granddaughters ended up committing suicide (as usual in this game)

It's over..
something has changed in me with this game ...

possibly this will be my last life as a good person ...

from now on I will create chaos
I do not want to be a hero again that supports the camps and cities full of sponges and griefers
I do not want to die alone again, because all the idiot babies end up committing suicide
I do not want the YUM bonus and good temperature to get many children who end up committing suicide one after another because the city or camp does not fit your ideal camp
I do not want to live surrounded by robots

I know how to do evil
I do not need a knife to create chaos
It will be fun, but only for me

This is a survival game ... and the players of this game are very badly used to being able to choose the city or camp where to live
they are also very badly used to cursing for no reason

OHOL is a survival game where players are born in a bespoke city selected by themselves (by force) and become robots on an assembly line ... in cities with a multitude of food and resources, but even so they complain because they are not able to grow milkweed ... they are not able to get on a horse and travel to look for cotton or iron ... players so comfortable and lazy that they prefer to request everything to Jason before looking for it themselves

curse without any reason generates more pain
generates more griefers
maybe donkey town is not as horrible as it seems

Now I understand Jason's vision of this game ...

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-16 11:28:21)

#6 2019-04-16 12:35:16

karltown_veteran

JonySky wrote:

I never thought I would agree with a griefer ... but it is true, the current system of curses does not work correctly

My mother called me hope ... (I did not like that much, but still I did not say anything)

I asked my mother if it was new, since she had seen that she did not move from the fire and did not want to spend 60 minutes working for a sponge noob (again not)

When I was able to let go of my mother's arms, I went for a walk around the camp, to see what was needed ... my mother thought I was committing suicide and she cursed me ...
That angered me a lot, I've never been rude, I've never created chaos, I never killed myself in this kind of situation because it would bother me if that happened to me.

At this point, I wanted to end the lineage ... only for revenge to my mother, but I did not i did not hurt anyone, I did not hide anything, I did not call the bears ... nothing ... just wait to grow enough to see how that lineage continued
neither my brother nor my mother trusted me very much ... and I understand ... but I've never been a bad person, there was no reason to curse me when I was a baby ..

I'm tired of reading in this forum that nobody can force you to live in an early camp where I do not want to live
I see many users of this forum who believe that the / die system is positive and do not see any problem with the practice of child suicide
I also see the statistics of deaths by / die and they are very high ... in short we ALL use the / die but then it bothers us to lose the lineage and we decided to curse the babies ...

my mother had another daughter, my sister, and she was amazing, efficient and good person
finally I stayed in the camp and helped in everything I could, my sister deserved it.
I killed a nephew Griefer and I had an AFK daughter who had offspring, but all my granddaughters ended up committing suicide (as usual in this game)

It's over..

I do not want to be a hero again that supports the camps and cities full of sponges and griefers
I do not want to die alone again, because all the idiot babies end up committing suicide
I do not want the YUM bonus and good temperature to get many children who end up committing suicide one after another because the city or camp does not fit your ideal camp

I know how to do evil

This is a survival game ... and the players of this game are very badly used to being able to choose the city or camp where to live

OHOL is a survival game where players are born in a bespoke city selected by themselves (by force) and become robots on an assembly line ... in cities with a multitude of food and resources, but even so they complain because they are not able to grow milkweed ... they are not able to get on a horse and travel to look for cotton or iron ... players so comfortable and lazy that they prefer to request everything to Jason before looking for it themselves

generates more griefers

/shock
Another one bites the dust...
..I mean, Jason made blush and hubba emotions... so maybe his vision is for us to all marry each other? That's my vision, anyway.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#7 2019-04-16 13:38:29

Toxic
Banned

JonySky wrote:

It's over..

I know how to do evil

generates more griefers

Well since you have joined the dark side. I hope you make up for my absence. I may return to this game if I ever do buy another account. Or I might play off my 12 hrs. To be completely honest I still have an account not in donkey town. I have also made some records, like killin 5 towns in 3 and a half hours. Honestly I shouldn’t be bragging about this anymore. Like people just think I’m a demon just because I admit it’s me. If I go into a town and I find someone cool I ask them if they are on discord, and then they ask who I am...... if I say I’m toxic they stab me or frame me..... and I don’t like to lie I always admit to my actions. So I just don’t want to be griefing anymore today I met w0wma, I know him a bit already and he kind of hated me. I told him that I’m not a demon and I wouldn’t grief for no reason, he didn’t trust me but I hope by the end of our brief time playing together he had a different view of who I “usually” am.

But for now peace..........

Last edited by Toxic (2019-04-16 13:45:46)

#8 2019-04-16 14:50:21

PeaGirl

Very hard for me to relate this DT system although I opposite it, even though I've never even been in DT, since I've always been nice, and just.
Perhaps you being in DT teaches you other things than being a griefer.
- Unable to connect with people, lack of convo
- Unable to work
- Unable to co-operate?

Of course, some new people may be very slingy when throwing cusses. I've been cursed sometimes, but it hasn't really affected me. The most curse count I've ever had was 5.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#9 2019-04-16 15:05:58

Amon

While I do find the DT system odd and sometimes unjustified.
This is here is simply called karma, Toxic.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#10 2019-04-16 15:31:13

Grim_Arbiter

karltown_veteran wrote:
JonySky wrote:

It's over..

I know how to do evil

generates more griefers

/shock
Another one bites the dust...
..I mean, Jason made blush and hubba emotions... so maybe his vision is for us to all marry each other? That's my vision, anyway.

Kiss them or kill them

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#11 2019-04-16 15:48:41

honikker

JonySky wrote:

Honestly: same. I thought the whole point of the experience this game provides was making do with what you're born into and hopefully making it better for the next generation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Additionally, the notable playerbase comes off as a bunch of stuffy min-maxers who get upsetti every content update (that I've seen so far--the first update I was around for was the planes) and complain how "this is an rp item" or "this is too complicated for noobs." Quite a few also moan about people who like to immerse themselves in the game via roleplay. The ever-general they cry at every little inconvenience, it's no wonder people grief--it's easy as pie to get a rise out of people around here over something as simple as playing "inefficiently."

I'm one of those spoopy roleplayers your mothers warn you about before they tuck you in at night.

#12 2019-04-16 16:24:38

JonySky
Website

Grim_Arbiter wrote:

Kiss them or kill them

I never stained my hands with blood... I do not need it
I will kiss you while your city burns and disappears.
/devious

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-16 16:37:35)

#13 2019-04-16 16:49:56

BladeWoods

If the game was much more popular, donkey town could be an actual town full of people instead of a lonely place.

#14 2019-04-16 17:28:30

Aname

greifing*

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#15 2019-04-16 17:51:31

DestinyCall

BladeWoods wrote:

If the game was much more popular, donkey town could be an actual town full of people instead of a lonely place.

I don't think DonkeyTown works like that.  The next person will just spawn as an Eve, far away from the last person.   There is no real chance of an actual town developing in DT.  Just a bunch of failed Eve camps.

#16 2019-04-16 17:55:23

Tarr
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:
BladeWoods wrote:

I don't think DonkeyTown works like that.  The next person will just spawn as an Eve, far away from the last person.   There is no real chance of an actual town developing in DT.  Just a bunch of failed Eve camps.

Pretty much this. Eve with a donkey playing on a separate server they cannot seem to use the original eve chain mechanic which leads to any sort of lineage basically requiring the Eve and her daughter to run outside of the birth ban then back in to continue building within their little donkey area. With a bunch of griefers you might eventually see a family live like two or three generations but that's just about it.

fug it’s Tarr.

#17 2019-04-16 18:41:02

Jk Howling

JonySky wrote:

I also see the statistics of deaths by / die and they are very high ... in short we ALL use the / die but then it bothers us to lose the lineage and we decided to curse the babies

The issue here isn't with the /die command. Before that, just as many people simply ran and starved out of towns they disliked. Repeatedly. People still run over /die'ing, though fuck if I know why. You'd think if someone didn't want to be in a place, they'd area ban themselves..

Chances are this is why you were cursed. Not because they thought you went to suicide generally, but because you ran after being fed and held for some time.

This is a griefing tactic. People purposely will stay for 2-3 years, then run out and starve. Some even attempt to kill off any mothers that chase them by luring them into wolves/boars/mosquitos, because fuck this random player right?

Honestly I'd be pissed enough about it to curse too. While this wasn't the case, you simply wanted a better look at the town, its an understandable mistake. Those people are infuriating. Imagine the days before the /die command. Every kid ran instead. There were less skeleton clutter, but the results were the same, if not worse.

I hate that SIDS is one of the most common causes of death for a civ, believe me. It's frustrating to end up gray and old, with every child of yours having died in your arms, because they didn't like what they saw. However, I don't think the command itself is to blame. People suicided long before it was implemented and would continue to suicide if it's taken away. It does need to be rebalanced a bit though, I think.

-Has ascended to better games-

#18 2019-04-16 19:37:31

pein

dt teaches nothing, often times im more mad when i come back

not like i care about convo, at least put the black text people together like on a small server and don't area ban them each time
not like this judge, jury executioner style works when people who didn't even played 10 hours curse you for anything
i swear i seen people who cant put soil on a bush and water it but can curse

i havent even been talking to people, or confront anyone for anything
lately i just tell others what happened, give them a knife and let them decide
if someone griefing, killing, we killthem

i was cursed several times cause people don't see the diffence between numbers on end of names, curse Joy instead of Joy II
should i suicide when somebody is named after me?
wont help, i will be still cursed for it, maybe even more time when i don't tell them that they made a mistake

people love to run around framing others, and if you play this game to create stuff, others can just follow you, annoy you, frame you and curse you in the meantime for whatever
"you don't let me destroy the town?" curse you
"you killed me for trying to kill you?" curse you
"you killed me?" i run to middle of the city and tell others that you are  a griefer, killer, etc.

what you get for cursing the wrong person? or framign others? nothing
doesn't cost you a bit to curse every 2 hours for any offence or pretended offence

you side with your mother for rp, who is a griefer, but hey, it's your mom in game even if she is a backstabbing lazy sponge and just pretends to be nice with you so she can use you as a tool

if the game allows pvp why is a punishment for it? why there isn't a system where you can challenge others for what they do and an honorable duel where both of you can lose ?

i don say every curse is a mistake or overreaction
but every situation needs 2 people at least to be an issue
strong eats the weak, that's the rule of survival
in this game, sneaky backstabbing soft complainers get their way every time

there isn't just enough pressure on survival of invidual when it can take everything that others made
go around, talking, making cults and banging, and if anyone has a problem with it, just send others to fight for her/him
not sure what is the solution
we need bad guys too, it's funny sometimes
this system where the community punishes others based on their mood, isn't really working out
sure, most of you don't midn cause never been punished, but when your curse score will raise up, you will be sent to dt for 2-3 curses from triplet griefers, or accident, then you will see how dumb the system is

change? how much more you want people to change?
i didn't killed anyone in weeks for no reason, i got some griefers down when others agreed, other than that im super passive, let go of a lot of things, they just newbees, dumb rpers
but soon the game is unplayable because people are so sensitive
griefer=basicalllyy anyone who disagrees with you or has his own opinion , or don't wante to "share" the things he made his whole life

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#19 2019-04-16 19:50:58

MultiLife

JonySky wrote:

I NEVER use /die and I let all my kids decide if they want to stay or not without getting upset about it. I have no power over how some random foreign person spends their hour in the game. Nobody has power over anyone else, no matter how you want your line to continue. I still think people who WANT to keep a town going should have a way to come back to it themselves so they don't have to force their kids to stay to please them...

I just find it flabbergasting that people believe they can force others to stay in a life.

JonySky wrote:

...all my granddaughters ended up committing suicide (as usual in this game)

It's over..

I know how to do evil

generates more griefers

Immature, selfish people generate more griefers.
Problems of a game is not a reason to start sabotaging or hindering fellow players. You are taking things in crazy serious levels where you rather throw a fit and start punishing people by becoming someone who "creates chaos" whatever that means.
It's not the community doing it, not the game doing it, it's YOU doing it. Your choice. Your immature choice... Very narcissistic to try and push the blame onto others or onto a game. "Well if I can't get what I want from you guys, then I'mma rebel and become something you wouldn't like! Hah! Take that!"

Sorry but this really ticks me off.
Especially as someone who always stays in a life to do what is needed no matter what. Is the Hope, is the one to fix a town. Doesn't deserve any additional crap from others.
How great to hear that some bitter b-- fellow is now out there making it a goal to create chaos. Some experiences I was not a part of made them mad and now I get a taste, along with other people like me - wow.

Jk Howling wrote:

The issue here isn't with the /die command. Before that, just as many people simply ran and starved out of towns they disliked. Repeatedly. People still run over /die'ing, though fuck if I know why. You'd think if someone didn't want to be in a place, they'd area ban themselves..

^This a million times.
And I hear people run if they want to be born as the other gender, so they'd reroll to get back.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-04-16 20:00:36)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#20 2019-04-16 19:55:11

YannaChan
Banned

JonySky wrote:

It's over..

I know how to do evil

generates more griefers

offtopic but,I was actually in the livestream your mother was streaming, she was sorry but I can kinda understand why you would be mad.

#21 2019-04-16 20:38:39

JonySky
Website

Jk Howling wrote:
JonySky wrote:

I also see the statistics of deaths by / die and they are very high ... in short we ALL use the / die but then it bothers us to lose the lineage and we decided to curse the babies

Chances are this is why you were cursed. Not because they thought you went to suicide generally, but because you ran after being fed and held for some time.

This is a griefing tactic. People purposely will stay for 2-3 years, then run out and starve. Some even attempt to kill off any mothers that chase them by luring them into wolves/boars/mosquitos, because fuck this random player right?

Honestly I'd be pissed enough about it to curse too. While this wasn't the case, you simply wanted a better look at the town, its an understandable mistake. Those people are infuriating. Imagine the days before the /die command. Every kid ran instead. There were less skeleton clutter, but the results were the same, if not worse.

I hate that SIDS is one of the most common causes of death for a civ, believe me. It's frustrating to end up gray and old, with every child of yours having died in your arms, because they didn't like what they saw. However, I don't think the command itself is to blame. People suicided long before it was implemented and would continue to suicide if it's taken away. It does need to be rebalanced a bit though, I think.

If JK Howling, I recognize that the / die command is not the problem of all this ... I've been playing OHOL for 1 year and I remember when it still did not exist / die
I remember the children running out alerting all the bears they found while committing suicide

people commit suicide for many reasons ... but above all because they can do it without penalties
using the / die command or running away allows you to travel to the perfect city for any player
It should not be so easy to commit suicide to get to the desired city

about the problem of curses, I think that OHOL players do not know how to use it correctly
they curse other players in an absurd way for reasons that they perform on each play
they curse others without thinking ... often paying attention to other players they have not seen in 40 minutes

I have had children who at 2/3 years commit suicide, and I have also lived baby chases among wolves and bears
I have been angry many times, but I have never used my curse token in these situations.

Why have not I cursed these players?
because this player is only the last player of a lineage full of suicidal children who have run out of the arms of their mothers to "travel" to another city more desirable
that player is just one more piece of a big puzzle

and yes ... It's frustrating to end up with and old, with every child of yours having died in your arms, because they did not like what they saw
What is the use of spending 60 minutes in an early camp, working hard to find a good location, a good early farm, and basic tools
worried that all their children have enough food ... so that in the end ALL their children have committed suicide
What fun is that? I'm sure he'll be happy to be EVE for another 60 minutes ...

I do not force anyone to play with me ...
but OHOL is a family survival game, this is not simcity

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-16 20:40:26)

#22 2019-04-16 20:58:09

JonySky
Website

Multilife
I am not forcing anyone to live in my camp ...
but I think that it is very easy to commit suicide now and that generates a lot of frustration in many people
people who have spent 60 minutes of play for nothing
there is no penalty for suicides

MultiLife wrote:

It's not the community doing it, not the game doing it, it's YOU doing it. Your choice. Your immature choice... Very narcissistic to try and push the blame onto others or onto a game. "Well if I can't get what I want from you guys, then I'mma rebel and become something you wouldn't like! Hah! Take that!"

and as a denomination to people who commit suicide to "travel" to other cities?
These people are justifying themselves exactly as you describe them:
Well, since I do not like this camp early, I commit suicide
I do not care if I'm the last female!

MultiLife wrote:

Immature, selfish people generate more griefers.

in every city I've lived I've seen immature behaviors and selfish children stealing clothes and backpacks from dead bodies on the floor ... (not even the shoes of their former owners are left)
The immature and selfish behaviors are what push me to make this decision to create chaos in the cities

Do not despair Multilife ... I'm not Adolf Hitler ...
Sometimes good stories start with a griefer ... who knows, maybe his next good story was created by me ...

Last edited by JonySky (2019-04-16 21:11:56)

#23 2019-04-16 21:07:26

JonySky
Website

YannaChan wrote:

offtopic but,I was actually in the livestream your mother was streaming, she was sorry but I can kinda understand why you would be mad.

Can you tell me who was the streamer? I would like to see it, ty

#24 2019-04-16 21:07:29

Léonard

honikker wrote:

The ever-general they cry at every little inconvenience, it's no wonder people grief--it's easy as pie to get a rise out of people around here over something as simple as playing "inefficiently."

Quite ironic that you would complain about people complaining while simultaneously complaining about stuff that's been argued to death already..

#25 2019-04-16 21:40:12

YannaChan
Banned

JonySky wrote:
YannaChan wrote:

Can you tell me who was the streamer? I would like to see it, ty

It was KuroMegumi on Twitch, she's livestreaming right now, currently.

Board footer