if you hungry say it
don't talk and spam and beg for clothes

F is for food
O L D is for Old, powder milk won't feed them
Y and N is good enough, K or OK
there was a Q code for experienced but ever noob was using it anyway

HETUW shows names now so that can be good for tracking
hang around discord and you get to know some people, easier that way

as a mom, you should feed kids at least once, if they refuse to follow you in some situations, it's their fault
you shouldn't sacrifice yourself with no reason, so if you still looking for a home, that's your priority, don't stop to feed babies
when I started, I didn't do double-ups, you can't effectively feed yourself while having 2 or more kids outside a camp
you need to calculate how long the food lasts, if you die then is over, if they die, they can be born somewhere else, better to let them die if their survival is not assured

naming yourself and babies right away is really important, some players quit because no name or bad name so get it out of the way
for clothing, keep your backpack at all times, help them make new if they want to but you don't have to hand over everything

I see a lot of people trying to buy others love with clothes they didn't make, that's dumb
just collect clothing as you see them and give them duplicates
the main reason is warmth, not the style, so don't give fancy clothes, it helps with recognizing newbies too
I was testing that when I only gave clothing for the hard workers, the city was running well and the naked noobs were at least asking for help

give them clothing as needed, don't forget that others have babies too, so don't give all to one and let others be fully naked
generally best to give warm clothes to girls, storage for boys
some people like me, like storage way more than warmth or style, so I'm rocking with apron and pants all the time, if that is taken by veterans, they can carry 2 more items, that is a big advantage

only give them clothing if you see that there is no other clothes around, always check, I saw many people giving over clothes and they still could wear something but they don't

help ake clothing or tell them t make clothing

if babies are running around or saying racist or dirty stuff, let them die
I always tell them to find a new mother if they can't even do what I say for the first minutes
they won't survive or be of use anyway

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#27 2020-06-12 08:35:08

Arcurus

Re: The Mother-Child Relationship Etiquette

pein wrote:

the main reason is warmth, not the style, so don't give fancy clothes, it helps with recognizing newbies too

its so sad that everything is now only looked at through efficiency... no beautiful cloths anymore since all are cut down for efficient cloths, so sad, beauty is also very important....

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-12 08:35:31)

#28 2020-06-12 10:58:57

JonySky
Website

Arcurus wrote:
pein wrote:

its so sad that everything is now only looked at through efficiency... no beautiful cloths anymore since all are cut down for efficient cloths, so sad, beauty is also very important....

They call it sandbox... but if you decide to skip the 10 commandments of efficiency they send you to DonkeyTown

Last edited by JonySky (2020-06-12 11:02:22)

#29 2020-06-12 11:02:14

Catfive

Arcurus wrote:
pein wrote:

when i see someone in all rabbit furs or even better a sealskin coat i think 'there is a smart player and they will hardly ever have to eat', when i see players in full dyed top hat and tailored clothing i think 'there's someone playing grown up let's pretend' perceptions differ.

#30 2020-06-12 11:15:41

Arcurus

JonySky wrote:

They call it sandbox... but if you decide to skip the 10 commandments of efficiency they send you to DonkeyTown

lol yea, so sad.... they may also kill you....

Catfive wrote:

when i see someone in all rabbit furs or even better a sealskin coat i think 'there is a smart player and they will hardly ever have to eat', when i see players in full dyed top hat and tailored clothing i think 'there's someone playing grown up let's pretend' perceptions differ.

yea perceptions differ, thats for sure smile

its nice to be efficient, but efficiency as main goal dont give me much...

Maybe Jason could add a handbag only wearable with not so efficient woman cloths, so that the efficiency people get calmed...

#31 2020-06-12 11:27:44

JonySky
Website

Well, I usually blame Jason for bad updates and "sloppy fixes", but this obsession with efficiency is a problem unique to veteran players, not Jason ...

Last edited by JonySky (2020-06-12 11:28:43)

#32 2020-06-12 11:49:06

Arcurus

JonySky wrote:

Well, I usually blame Jason for bad updates and "sloppy fixes", but this obsession with efficiency is a problem unique to veteran players, not Jason ...

yea, but we are used to blame Jason for all, arnt we?

#33 2020-06-12 12:42:42

JonySky
Website

Jason has created the game (just him), and part of his players' behaviors is due to the contradictory and absurd mechanics in the game.

This is easy to understand:
If you buy a game and are not having fun ... you can do 2 things ...

1.- Quit the game
2.- Search for "alternative tasks" for your personal fun (see griefers and family killers or highly effective players)

With this I am NOT blaming Jason for the griefers, but the game has promoted selfish behaviors and the search for new ways of fun, since the game does not offer new challenges or different ways to play.

Think about it:
What do we gain by being 100% productive and effective?
Nothing, because your city will be extinguished in a few hours, whatever you do ...
So why are there players who want to be 100% effective?
It's another way to have fun ... nothing more.
It really is a behavior similar to the griefer ... but it seems more correct

Jason has driven the game into this obsession with productivity and killed other possibilities for fun (for example with the oil and water nerf) or the failed attempt by the iron nerf.
Curses, the pose system, and the gang system are also other ways to kill other possibilities for fun.

It seems that having fun at OHOL in a different way than creating food is penalized

Last edited by JonySky (2020-06-12 12:44:08)

#34 2020-06-12 20:10:12

pein

it's so sad that you are flexing and die like a dumbfuck when you could wear proper clothing and waste less of others time and resources

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#35 2020-06-12 20:53:21

Arcurus

pein wrote:

it's so sad that you are flexing and die like a dumbfuck when you could wear proper clothing and waste less of others time and resources

i start slowly to believe that nearly all vets where assimilated and replaced through bots trimmed for efficiency...  Sad end for an game about parenting hmm

just remembered the noob who was killed for using too much kindling for baking.... sad....

or maybe i just missed the point from this game and its all about efficiency and all other is just traps for noobs?

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-12 20:54:53)

#36 2020-06-12 21:21:19

DestinyCall

Arcurus wrote:

or maybe i just missed the point from this game and its all about efficiency and all other is just traps for noobs?

Resistance is futile.   You will be assimilated into the Collective.

#37 2020-06-12 21:28:17

Arcurus

DestinyCall wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

maybe Jason should add a borg cube as new tech.... at least better then adding plastics....

actually i guess the Empire would win the fight. Force is moe powerful then efficiency:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnDx8XOOiv0

may the force be with you!

So Jason, please add also an Deathstar if you happen to add the borg cube, so that we can get rid off the assimilated drones fast!

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-06-12 22:06:34)

#38 2020-06-12 22:55:12

WoodSpoon
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:
Arcurus wrote:

Griefers must be species 8472.

Low tier trolls are Klingon

Roleplayers are Starfleet

Jason is Q

Last edited by WoodSpoon (2020-06-12 23:02:19)

#39 2020-06-13 00:32:02

DestinyCall

WoodSpoon wrote:

Jason is Q

Oh my god ... that explains so much.

#40 2020-06-13 02:55:56

Gogo
Banned

Give short names for babies, easier to curse them.

#41 2020-06-13 03:48:52

Jojigirl

Q? As in QAnon? The one with the cult following full of all the crazies? haha

#42 2020-06-13 04:32:58

WoodSpoon
Banned

DestinyCall wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

Jason is Q

Here's a rare instance of Jason playing the game himself. https://youtu.be/1jlqL7fdur0

#43 2020-06-13 04:52:11

DestinyCall

WoodSpoon wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
WoodSpoon wrote:

Jason is Q

Here's a rare instance of Jason playing the game himself. https://youtu.be/1jlqL7fdur0

When Jason plays the game, he rarely does it as a mere mortal.     If he is killed, waves of death-bears will avenge him.

Board footer