One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-15 17:54:28

Tizzy

Favourite type of life?

What do you enjoy doing the most in your many lives? If it was an ideal play through, what would you do?
I love making bowls, plates, crocks and other stuff. I’ll spend lives going far afield gathering carts of clay and then just making tons for the smith and kitchen. It usually works best in a middeveloped town.
I wish we had a different machine like a kiln so I could be out of the way of the smith.
I also like scavenging dead towns and bringing much needed things back, I usually play with the zoom mod for that.

#2 2020-05-15 18:04:46

wondible

Re: Favourite type of life?

Tizzy wrote:

I wish we had a different machine like a kiln so I could be out of the way of the smith.

I've several times made an outlying kiln for pottery work. It's nice being able to put the pottery close by and all around. An extra adobe (you can still make charcoal for pumps/smith), tongs, and firebrand are easy, no fancy bellows needed.

And if the forge is in a bad spot, you can often try to position it as a seed for a more spacious forge later.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#3 2020-05-15 18:24:31

pein

lol, 2nd kiln? big_smile

I like when I got a lot of something, like adobe or branches or stone or whatever, gathered or au nature, just be a lot so then I make something impressive

butt generally I will take a horse and go around checking where I am in the world, that helps if I play more lives in the upcoming days

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2020-05-15 18:44:20

miskas

Being a leader of a Large developed city that needs management and people actually listen me when I talked them, follow orders and help.
Also I like when at the end that much work has been done the other players recognize it and show some love to me for the improvements that we made all together.

bonding is very nice game experience and when you bond with a whole village the feeling is superb smile

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-15 21:40:23)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#5 2020-05-15 19:04:32

Legs

I enjoy lives where I can form a bond with another player. Bob the baker in a crowded city, an old man who worked his whole life feeding the busy people. He's complaining about how everyone just rushes through his kitchen gobbling up pie and nobody ever notices or stops to thank him. So I say, thank you bob. I loved those carrot rabbit pies, they were really yummy! That's my specialty, he tells me. I noticed that little personal touch he put into his work and showed him it was appreciated, and to him that makes this hour of his life worth it.

Loco Motion

#6 2020-05-15 19:13:12

Coconut Fruit

I enjoy lives when I play with smart people. I also love cooperating, working together on the same projects.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#7 2020-05-15 19:31:16

tocal

I enjoy lives where I'm able to learn a new process and create something permanently useful for the town. That includes glassware, perma-clothes, engines, making newcomen, etc.

I rally want to start a chem lab so I can learn that stuff but I would need a lot of resources and bottles for that.

Outside of the game I like optimizing town designs.

#8 2020-05-15 19:42:43

Arcurus

i enjoyed helping one with making a road. also enjoyed lot of the kids. one time was fun, when i got a strange mask as kid and then played with the other kid how to catch the other and pass the strange mask, or when my mother asked me if we want to go on a travel and it was my first travel ever and then i got little suspicious as she took the warsword along. got then a daughter on the road, but in the next city my mother was murdered by a mob and i was left alone, thought i lost also my daughter, but she found me and then we continued to travel,  we both did not had much plan, i guess the best would have been to return home or build a village, but it was my first travel so i had no clue where to go or how to go back and the village also did not want to have us, at least they gave a pie along...

Or my first life in the middle of the starvation update, my mother said i own this on a gate to the graves, so i started to dig in the dead because i thought thats the job my mother gave me, then a farmer wanted to explain how to farm carrots, but i was hopelessly lost in it, licke had to dig two times, search for the tools all the time, search for the seads some where outside, since one put out all the carrots and then i was asked to water, but where to get???  and then he got angry at me lucky for him i starved to death, since looking for all this tools made me forget to eat the berries (thats the only thing what i learnt in paradise before coming in this starving world). Or running with some other babies after your mom and starving to death, or once being exiled for not know how to farm without water... i woudld have if some explained how to get, but taking care that you dont starve to death without berries in second life is quite hard so that i did not find enough time to explain....  or once when my big brother asked me if i killed all but one sheep, but i tried to explain it was not me it was some one else, then just in this moment a stranger came and killed just the last sheep in front of us, the situation comic was amazing...

#9 2020-05-15 20:23:16

Tizzy

wondible wrote:
Tizzy wrote:

I've several times made an outlying kiln for pottery work. It's nice being able to put the pottery close by and all around. An extra adobe (you can still make charcoal for pumps/smith), tongs, and firebrand are easy, no fancy bellows needed.

And if the forge is in a bad spot, you can often try to position it as a seed for a more spacious forge later.

That’s such a good idea! I’ll try that next time. I also like the idea of making extra charcoal. I know when I’m having to smith that if someone suddenly started bringing piles of charcoal for me I’d be happy.

#10 2020-05-15 21:31:22

Karrots

LOOMS! Looms are fun and easy enough to make, and in the process of making them you end up upgrading the town's smithing stuff which is great. Looming is the best.

Wish it didn't royally fuck my tool slots and make sure I can never do anything useful in the town again, but that's okay :,)

#11 2020-05-16 09:22:02

Crumpaloo

I make pies and then i die, 10/10 would play 2HOL again... wait what were we talking about?

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#12 2020-05-16 14:26:52

voy178

Designated work is always the most fun for me. I am the master of my working field and the town recognises that I am the one to talk with regarding that field. There is at least one apprentice who will take over after me. Most importantly, I can trust that other necessary tasks are taken care of by other masters of the trade.

But then I wake up and have fun making tacos one life and being the queen B the next with maybe two or so followers who care.

#13 2020-05-16 16:45:25

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

I enjoy making yum foods more than anything. I have given up trying in this game so I just cook every life.

Making tons and tons of different types of foods makes me happy. I usually try to do Pumpkin pie first because it's so good and there's always tons of pumpkins just laying around. Fries are probably my second favorite, but excess palm oil is hard to come by so I usually only make them when I'm brown.

Farming is chill too. I enjoy growing onions and tomatoes.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#14 2020-05-17 06:05:03

Laskara

my first favorite is farming and cooking, something about making food makes me feel very helpful. Next favorite is making clothes. Nobody likes to have their pp out, I feel I have helped everyone a lot.

I tend to organize instead, though, because there's usually already a cook. Even though I know this task is actually really helpful (losing too many plates can eventually kill a town) I feel unhelpful, but I almost always seem to spend my lives doing organization tasks; ie bringing stacks of plates back to the kitchen for baking, checking the outskirts for clothes and bringing them to the baby room, bringing wood to fires, cleaning up areas that are just carpeted with stackable items for no apparent reason. It's kindof restful and it seems to help my families.

#15 2020-05-18 06:48:22

Blue tinker

Definitely the lifes with some pinch of roleplay and interaction between players that is more than
'yo, where is the hoe'
Then after a minute I hear an answer:
'Dunno'
'ok thanks. Hey you, seen the hoe?'
Like when that life recently when my mother named me after some anime character and I followed her tips to finish my anime training. My ultimate goal was to make a newcomen tower in the New Moni town. In my life I killed many boars near town, baked, helped with making pads, made clothes, even became the leader after my mother. At the end of my life I installed a rope in our newcomen tower and wished everyone good luck as my anime training was done. Moni family lasted for many generations.

New to the forum but not the game. Property fence enthusiast.

Board footer