One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-11 16:40:01

Coconut Fruit

Wow, people are getting better

After the food changes, I started following how long families can survive, it just became interesting to me.
Two weeks after the food changes a family made a record living 63 generations, other fams were dying much quicker.
Now, one month after the food changes, we are really kicking it. Garden's fam is already at 100 generation, and Moni's fam is at 138 generation, both of them still living, damn, that's crazy big_smile

I noticed, lately families help each other much more often, which is great, we don't constantly lack rubber tires anymore, and also kerosene can be seen more often in towns.

There is still large room for improvement, but we are getting better and better.
Keep the good work people tongue

Family Trees

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#2 2020-05-11 16:56:00

pein

Re: Wow, people are getting better

I tthink the recent birth changes helping, people not so owerhelmed, and there are some extra families which provide resources even if they die out

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2020-05-11 17:08:52

Spoonwood

The playercount hasn't been increasing (or so little that it's not all that meaningful).  If the game has a larger proportion of veterans to new players, of course things like rubber tires will appear more, since vets are the ones likely to do such anyways.

Also, the baby load changed from 2.0 to 1.0 as Pein pointed out.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2020-05-11 17:09:29)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#4 2020-05-11 18:46:46

Laskara

ye! I've personally contributed to both those villages over the past few days and I'm like so proud every time I come back to them

ty for all your hard work guys, this is the most times I've gotten to come back to the same place it's really cool and I like it a lot

Someday I hope I see radios and domestic dogs and stuff there, I've seen radio parts in the garden village but I've always been too busy trying to get yum food up to learn to make more parts

#5 2020-05-11 19:16:44

miskas

pein also look at the food Stats,  People actually rely less on berries than before! big_smile
I mean berries are still the dominant food but the analogy with mutton pies has become lower.

I also saw smaller batches of berries in towns that's nice.

http://onehouronelife.com/foodStats.php

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#6 2020-05-11 19:44:51

Coconut Fruit

According to what Jason said, birth changes come into effect mainly during server restarts, since during normal times baby/mom ratios don't exceed 1.0 anyways.
So maybe people actually get better tongue I can see they do.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2020-05-11 19:58:06)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#7 2020-05-11 20:56:03

Arcurus

yea saw many berry bushes uprooted... people seems to change slowly...

by the way, do the food stats also include the yam bonus? Is there any statistics about yam bonus food ratio vs normal food?

#8 2020-05-12 01:02:48

tocal

I've been focusing on the garden family. I started yesterday by making the glass/paper factory to the north west of town at the end of the road. Took 3 lives but I made 4+ bottles with the equipment for many more. Today when I came back someone took all the glasswort though.. .hopefully it's providing glass for another town and not sitting behind a tree in the wilderness.

When I joined garden family's town today they were almost dead. Had run out fo food and wood and had just been attacked by bear. I spent first life making babies, kindling, and set up a 6 point milk station. Second life, I made lots of buttered bread, 7/8 of the pies (no carrot), getting wheat from the wilderness x2, restocked milk yum station 3 times, and got some skewers going. Thanks to the guy that actually hunted rabbits... you made the pies possible. I think town is in good shape for a few more generations of neglect now. If I had time, I would set up a mesa kitchen there because they haven't had one for generations and also fix up the glass/paper factory. The glass factory was everything scavenged and from wilderness too (except blow pipe and file). Didn't want to hurt town by taking resources.

#9 2020-05-12 01:14:22

Catfive

Garden family is in a sweet location with gingers settled close and a brown family whose name i forget. Having the one main central family with all others sattelites of it seems to be best and as noted above cooperation really makes it all  run well. Gardens have am receiver and transmitter but obviously need another pair made to setup permanent comms. I was born into a 143 gen family today and still seeing many new players every day.

#10 2020-05-12 02:28:37

Alterior

The Mistery family (browns) elected Bobo very recently, so there's a new family of browns named Brazil now.
Got updates of the carnage over the radio.

The Gardens are at generation 121.

Berry bushes are weeds, tear them up, set them on fire. Corn is the food of the gods.

#11 2020-05-12 03:58:24

tocal

Who is Bobo? I take it he killed the Moni Family. Did the Brazil family take the old Moni town?

#12 2020-05-12 04:38:17

Alterior

tocal wrote:

Who is Bobo? I take it he killed the Moni Family. Did the Brazil family take the old Moni town?

Some clown who takes pleasure in killing families, undoing their work and generally being a pain in the butt.
If you ever come across anyone who asks you your feelings on Bobo in-game, curse them. They're either him or one of his posse because he has followers who coordinate on discord or whatever.

It is likely that the Moni family was killed by Bobo's antics, yea. I don't know where the Brazil family settled, I haven't played a life as one of them yet.

Berry bushes are weeds, tear them up, set them on fire. Corn is the food of the gods.

#13 2020-05-12 04:57:49

Coconut Fruit

I haven't been there but I see Moni's fam starved to death and not being killed https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ … id=2979645.
152 generations, damn :P

Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners

#14 2020-05-12 05:01:27

Spoonwood

Coconut Fruit wrote:

I haven't been there but I see Moni's fam starved to death and not being killed https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ … id=2979645.
152 generations, damn tongue

As always it's hard to know what that means without some sort of video.  Some players do go afk after all.

Danish Clinch.

#15 2020-05-12 06:10:18

Alterior

Spoonwood wrote:
Coconut Fruit wrote:

152 generations, damn tongue

As always it's hard to know what that means without some sort of video.  Some players do go afk after all.

Here you go: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6205390
Killed at least two people, killed by a boar, final words praising Bobo... If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

#16 2020-05-12 06:50:53

Gomez

Haha Tocal I put those bottles to good use in my milk station...shit was hitting the fan when I spawn at garden earlier today maybe gen 60-70ish town was near starved milk bottles definitely helped save the day.  I've been making dining rooms for a while now but only recently have they become a necessity.

Putting the turkey broth by the milk also makes sense since they can all use the rabbit pouches and bottles.  Definitely late game bottles and funnel should get milk prio.

Whoever made the soup in Garden is a beast.  With the soup and bread production plus butter from the milk it's really the way to go imo.

Also can confirm Bobo clown posse end Moni and showed up at the Gay family.  I had just disrobed and was like a minute from death and had leader at the time clown posse showed up, so I didn't get to exact revenge. I was ready for them tho, had my red cross apron, knife and meds stocked ready to rock and roll up until two minutes before I died lmao.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-12 07:15:38)

#17 2020-05-12 07:03:22

Gomez

Also one successful action at Garden was some 200 IQ player stocked baby backpacks with a bread slice, carrot, onion and a tomato.  Started yum training the babies right out the gate.  I even followed suit and stocked a few more, seriously well played whoever started that.

Also making more red cross aprons and teaching people how to use them may be in order, because as food pressure mounts the critical stage gets reached where Clown Posse can overwhelm a town with increasing ease.  It's a constant battle honestly the clown posse add an necessary element to the game play, don't hate em too much every story needs an antagonist, they add to the flavor imo.

I even use Bobo as a personification of a griefer in my lore almost as a boogey man to keep kids alert and afraid, i.e. "When Bobo come to kill mama she need you to join me, you know how to form posse?" etc.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-12 07:08:56)

#18 2020-05-12 09:09:14

Arcurus

Gomez wrote:

I even use Bobo as a personification of a griefer in my lore almost as a boogey man to keep kids alert and afraid, i.e. "When Bobo come to kill mama she need you to join me, you know how to form posse?" etc.

i love this game, will start to do the same...

Yea seems like some kind of evidence:

"Killed by Wild Boar with Piglet
Final words: "Bobo the conqueror killed this town watch out!"

Killed by Amazing Moni
Final words: "Gasp"

Killed by Amazing Moni
Final words: "Curse you"

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=6205390

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-12 09:55:53)

#19 2020-05-12 10:27:50

tocal

@Alterior Thanks for the info. I try to steer clear of the griefers and drama... if one's hitting a town and I'm a woman I'll just roam the wilderness for a bit then come back and repopulate the city. I also like to set up remote workshops so I can work without people taking my firebrand/kindling/etc.

@Gomez yea, the stew production in Garden family town is amazing. It definitely has kept the town going through multiple food diversity famines.

#20 2020-05-12 11:19:01

Spoonwood

Alterior wrote:

Killed at least two people, killed by a boar, final words praising Bobo... If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.

Oh, so the 'starvation' that Coconut Fruit observed happened when the playerkillers had killed all of their targets.  So, difficulty of making food wasn't the death of the lineage.

Danish Clinch.

#21 2020-05-13 01:13:54

Alterior

Spoonwood wrote:
Alterior wrote:

Oh, so the 'starvation' that Coconut Fruit observed happened when the playerkillers had killed all of their targets.  So, difficulty of making food wasn't the death of the lineage.

Yea, that one looks like a Bobo job. I think the Garden family might have genuinely starved out. Final family members making noises about an engine being close and needing fuel. Lots of starvation.

Last edited by Alterior (2020-05-13 01:14:12)

Board footer