One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-02-14 23:59:16

sigmen4020

Re: Walk Away, Jog Away, Run Away ... Permanently

I get that one can become frustrated with the game. I do happen to be frustrated with this game quite a bit, because a lot of stupid gimmicks are holding it back from reaching it's full potential (race specialization and tool slots). I can see the reasons why people have given up on the whole game entirely. But this seems really petty tbh. It's not your job to make people stop playing the game, and even if it was, I mean look at this thread. Is anyone agreeing with you? If you're trying to convince people to leave the game you're not doing a very good job. Also to cover your actual points, the fact that are still trying to push this "forced reproduction" thing is kinda getting on my nerves. If you look through all the fluff, all that being born in this game essentially entails is being spawned on top of another player that meets certain conditions. Then the player chosen as the mother (or someone else entirely) has to feed the kid until 3 minutes have passed. Very different from what irl reproduction would entail. So no the game push any kind of values like that. It's a video game version of how a parenting simulator could work, and that's it. Looking beyond is pointless. If you bought a game advertised as a game about parenting, and then feel violated for having to take care of children in-game, then you didn't do your research and it's your own fault. Same with expecting an 18+ rated shooter to be all happiness and sunshine. And I iterate again, noone here is agreeing with you.

And as others have suggested, I would too suggest that you take a break from the forum. It's clear that you don't hold much, if any, love for the game anymore. And why spend time on stuff you don't enjoy? And as I mentioned earlier about your intention to change minds, and make people leave the game, that clearly isn't working judging from the response you've gotten to this thread.

Anyway I've said my piece, and to conclude I encourage you to go do something you enjoy doing, rather than try and rally people behind a "boycott" of the game. But that's just my advice, take it or leave it. You do you.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#27 2020-02-15 02:09:34

Spoonwood

DiscardedSlinky wrote:

A lot has changed for you in 27 days huh?

This is a GitHub post of yours complaining you don't get babies on other servers. Which is? Do you want babies or don't you?

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/597

Yes, a lot has changed.  I didn't really think about what such would mean as if the characters were real people at the time with how the game worked at the time (the whole idea of considering the characters *as if* they are real people, I don't find easy to do).  I don't see anything changing, and even if it did, playing games probably is a form of distraction and not good in the first place.  Now that I have thought about it, I recommend against playing this game.  Or if playing it, playing in such a way to drive others away from playing it... like player killing what probably are new players in the tutorial area, similar to Whatever seems to have done when he showed a picture of player killing someone in the tutorial area.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#28 2020-02-15 02:20:55

Spoonwood

sigmen4020 wrote:

If you look through all the fluff, all that being born in this game essentially entails is being spawned on top of another player that meets certain conditions.

You described things from the perspective of the baby.  You did not describe things from the perspective of the mother.  So, NO, you did not address my point.

The mother cannot say 'no' to reproduction reliably without taking her own life or getting someone else to take her own life.  She reproduces under penalty of death for trying to get reproductive control.

I'm not encouraging a boycott as if things could get better.  I'm saying that they would do better in their lives to get away *permanently* or try to drive others to get away permanently.

Danish Clinch.

#29 2020-02-15 02:56:39

sigmen4020

Spoonwood wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

If you look through all the fluff, all that being born in this game essentially entails is being spawned on top of another player that meets certain conditions.

You described things from the perspective of the baby.  You did not describe things from the perspective of the mother.  So, NO, you did not address my point.

Why did you leave this out where I address the mom’s perspective:

sigmen4020 wrote:

Then the player chosen as the mother (or someone else entirely) has to feed the kid until 3 minutes have passed

All you essentially are as a mother is a spawn point. If you remove the family fluff that is literally all mothers are. You as the mother can then choose whether to help the player that just spawned on you or not. Being offended by this is comparable to feeling violated after another player spawned on you in a Battlefield game.

Honestly, your logic on this reminds me a lot about this video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UCj8llyzfWo

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2020-02-15 03:08:46)

#30 2020-02-15 03:10:54

Chestburster

Spoonwood wrote:
Chestburster wrote:

I've read this topic and I have not been convinced by your persuasion for me to stop playing this game because you don't like it. My argument against this is that while you don't like it, I in fact do like it. If I have purchased a game and I enjoy playing it, I will continue to play it. I think this makes sense.

Have a nice day.

You have stated your preference.  The only proposition involved there consists of whether or not your preference for the game is accurate or not.

I checked again just in case any enjoyment I received from playing this game was a figment of my imagination but to my great relief it was accurate as I was in fact enjoying myself and not just imagining I was enjoying myself this whole time.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-02-15 03:11:34)

#31 2020-02-15 06:08:40

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:
DiscardedSlinky wrote:

A lot has changed for you in 27 days huh?

This is a GitHub post of yours complaining you don't get babies on other servers. Which is? Do you want babies or don't you?

https://github.com/jasonrohrer/OneLifeData7/issues/597

Yes, a lot has changed.  I didn't really think about what such would mean as if the characters were real people at the time with how the game worked at the time (the whole idea of considering the characters *as if* they are real people, I don't find easy to do).  I don't see anything changing, and even if it did, playing games probably is a form of distraction and not good in the first place.  Now that I have thought about it, I recommend against playing this game.  Or if playing it, playing in such a way to drive others away from playing it... like player killing what probably are new players in the tutorial area, similar to Whatever seems to have done when he showed a picture of player killing someone in the tutorial area.

You would seriously advocate griefing to force people to stop playing OHOL?    Jesus.   That is too far.     I never thought you would go full dark-side.

#32 2020-02-15 06:51:17

Jojigirl

DestinyCall wrote:

You would seriously advocate griefing to force people to stop playing OHOL?    Jesus.   That is too far.     I never thought you would go full dark-side.

It's not the dark side, Desitiny.  This is a display of someone needing mental help. Mr. Spoonwood here is a grown man acting and obsessing like this over a video game that he does not like nor play. He also feels he needs to protect himself from this game..

This man needs to seek out some help, and I really hope that he does. I don't think that he realizes that he is not acting as a sound minded person.

#33 2020-02-15 14:20:03

Cantface

I don't like ppl using mental health as something to dangle over spoon and make them feel ashamed. I agree they should take a break if they're feeling low but don't act like you're concerned when you've already lost patience with them it's a shitty thing to do to feign concern and bring up mental illness like you actually gaf. ( I realise a few ppl were being genuine but come on)

That being said I hope you do come back spoon!

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-15 14:23:42)

Breasticles

#34 2020-02-15 14:50:36

Jojigirl

Cantface wrote:

I don't like ppl using mental health as something to dangle over spoon and make them feel ashamed. I agree they should take a break if they're feeling low but don't act like you're concerned when you've already lost patience with them it's a shitty thing to do to feign concern and bring up mental illness like you actually gaf. ( I realise a few ppl were being genuine but come on)

That being said I hope you do come back spoon!

Don't assume what the fuck I'm acting like.. I deal with mental issues myself.. I know the signs of someone's mind being off balance.. Yes, I still think he is a fucking douche-bag for comparing a video game to rape, but that doesn't stop me from showing concern and pointing out to him the he is acting off balance. Mental health is a serious matter no matter who you are.

You know the whole assume quote right? Maybe you should keep that in mind the next time you make assumptions.

Last edited by Jojigirl (2020-02-15 14:56:21)

#35 2020-02-15 14:58:22

Cantface

Jojigirl wrote:

Don't assume what the fuck I'm acting like.. I deal with mental issues myself.. I know the signs of someone's mind being off balance.. Yes, I still think he is a fucking douche-bag for comparing a video game to rape, but that doesn't stop me from showing concern and pointing out to him the he is acting off balance. Mental health is a serious matter no matter who you are.

You know the whole assume quote right? Maybe you should keep that in mind the next time you jump to assumptions.

Bruh, I deal with severe issues myself so don't use that card with me, I didn't even name names as to who was doing it. I was JUST SAYING that using someone's mental health against someone in the way that SOME people are doing is wrong and can actually effect someone negatively, no matter how nice you think you put it some people CANNOT control emotions/thoughts etc.
You could potentially make someones panic or trauma worse by what you are doing. You're not the only one who has issues and EVERYONE is different. Some people are way more sensitive and some are stronger and can deal with things better.

Jeeeeeesus.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-15 15:02:33)

Breasticles

#36 2020-02-15 15:32:25

Jojigirl

Cantface wrote:

Bruh, I deal with severe issues myself so don't use that card with me, I didn't even name names as to who was doing it.

Jeeeeeesus.

You're a young one aren't you?

Nobody is using his mental health against him. People are simply pointing out to him that he is off balance.  Most people can't see their own actions as being unusual, and think they are doing just fine.  The older you get the easier it is for you to notice, and easier for you to put the bullshit aside and let them know that they are off balance. I have my husband to alert me when something needs adjusted with my mind. He may not have anyone to point it out to him. Without my husband, I would want someone who notices my actions to let me know, because if left untreated it can and will take a horrible turn rather quickly.  I don't want to see that for anyone, I don't care who they are. So yes, I will inform anyone who is clearly acting off balance that they need to seek some help. I would rather tell them than to find out later that they harmed themselves because no one spoke up and informed them that they are in that mental spiral.

#37 2020-02-15 15:47:41

Chestburster

Can we just consider the fact that the characters we play in one hour one life were never explicitly stated to be human, and likely wouldn't be human due to the fact that their reproductive functions are nothing like ours? Their world also couldn't possibly be considered connected to our world or universe even due to its infinite geography and existence of apocalypse-causing blood magic.

Spoonwood, you are equating uncontrolled births to our own when it would actually be more like Asexual Reproduction which a number of animals on Earth use.

Try telling any of the species in that article how unnatural and gross their reproduction methods are, and how it is bad and should not exist for them. If they were intelligent enough to understand you they'd probably find it offensive.

For a society that only knows of and experiences asexual reproduction spontaneous births would be completely normal and no one would be the least bit uncomfortable with it happening to anyone they knew in the same way any animal that reproduces this way wouldn't.  To these people the idea of sexual reproduction would be completely alien and even more repulsive to them then their reproduction methods are to you because it doesn't even exist in their world. They'd probably view the idea of getting to choose whether or not you give life to your next of kin with the same disgust as you view their inability to choose.

This leaves the question of why we still have the same sexual dimorphism in the form of men and woman. In this case there wouldn't even be males or females because sex doesn't really have a place in a species that reproduces asexually. What looks like men and women to us is likely just two distinct castes of this human-like species sort of like what some insects have. One caste is born fertile, and the other is born infertile which makes it focus entirely on labor to provide for the colony.

There I just described the biology of our characters in the game. Make it canon.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-02-15 16:14:11)

#38 2020-02-15 16:17:25

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Chestburster wrote:

Can we just consider the fact that the characters we play in one hour one life were never explicitly stated to be human, and likely wouldn't be human due to the fact that their reproductive functions are nothing like ours?

Spoonwood, you are equating uncontrolled births to our own when it would actually be more like Asexual Reproduction which a number of animals on Earth use.

Try telling any of the species in that article how unnatural and gross their reproduction methods are, and how it is bad and should not exist for them. If they were intelligent enough to understand you they'd probably be offended.

For a society that only knows of and experiences asexual reproduction uncontrolled births would be completely normal and no one would be uncomfortable with it in the same way any animal that reproduces this way wouldn't.  To these people the idea of sexual reproduction would likely be completely alien and even more repulsive to them then their reproduction methods are to you because it doesn't even exist in their world. They'd probably find the idea of getting to choose whether or not you give life to your next of kin with the same disgust as you view their inability to choose.

This leaves the question of why we still have the same sexual dimorphism in the form of men and woman. In this case there wouldn't even be males or females because sex doesn't really have a place in a species that reproduces asexually. What looks like men and women to us is likely just two distinct castes of this human-like species sort of like what some insects have. One caste is born fertile, and the other is born infertile which makes it focus entirely on labor to provide for the colony.

There I just described the biology of our characters in the game. Make it canon.

I like your thoughtful response.  Now if other people could stop trying to 'one up' each other about who has the most knowledge in mental illness (let's not kid ourselves, we know it's me) and let spoon live his life.  It seems like he's taking his own advice and stepping away from the game-forum-discord.  Which I think is a great idea.  Self care is important, and it seems like spoon knows that this game puts him in a fragile state (based off his own words of 'I need to protect myself from this game).  The style of communication here is exactly why I loathe forums.  There isn't a way to have honest dialogue when you have to react, then wait for god knows how long before you see a sentence you don't like...then react again.  Seems stressful.

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

#39 2020-02-15 16:47:56

Spoonwood

sigmen4020 wrote:

All you essentially are as a mother is a spawn point.

Mothers are spawn points sure.  But, that's not all.  Remember family trees exist (or will exist as soon as the mother dies) as soon as a mother births a child.  There's still no choice in any of it.  No way to say 'no' without ending one's character's life.  It's still forced reproduction or reproduction without consent.

DestinyCall wrote:

You would seriously advocate griefing to force people to stop playing OHOL?

There is no such thing as griefing properly speaking Destiny.  See the last paragraph of the original post.

Chestburster wrote:

Can we just consider the fact that the characters we play in one hour one life were never explicitly stated to be human, and likely wouldn't be human due to the fact that their reproductive functions are nothing like ours?

Jason wrote this not long ago:

jasonrohrer wrote:

If we had to start over from scratch, but kept all of our knowledge, how long would it take us to get back to iPhones?" where iPhones are a placeholder for whatever sufficiently advanced tech we can imagine.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 896#p81896

He says 'we' and 'us' several times in his comment also, so that the characters are human follows.

Chestbruster wrote:

Everything in the game breeds asexually which makes sex completely unnecessary and non-existent, and this in turn makes it impossible for rape exist at all or even be considered to exist by the games inhabitants.

There exist laws and serious real-world definitions for sexual assault/rape do NOT require sexual intercourse as a precondition for rape to exist.  For example, here's the FBI's definition of rape used to collect data:

"Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 … crime/rape

Even where a term like rape or sexual assault is not used in law, someone using an object to impact another person's reproductive organs without consent of the victim may well fall under some term in the law, and if not, such would still qualify as assault.

Danish Clinch.

#40 2020-02-15 17:15:37

DestinyCall

Chestburster wrote:

For a society that only knows of and experiences asexual reproduction uncontrolled births would be completely normal and no one would be uncomfortable with it in the same way any animal that reproduces this way wouldn't.  To these people the idea of sexual reproduction would likely be completely alien and even more repulsive to them then their reproduction methods are to you because it doesn't even exist in their world. They'd probably find the idea of getting to choose whether or not you give life to your next of kin with the same disgust as you view their inability to choose.

I know this is a very old movie, but does anyone remember a movie called "Demolition Man"?    It came out in the late nineties and starred Sylvester Stalone as a present-day cop who was cyrogenically frozen, then later woke up in the distant year of 2032 to help catch a criminal from his time.   In the future, crime and violence has been largely eliminated, everyone is very nice (and a little ditzy), and most relevant for this discussion ... physical sex has been completely replaced by VR sex to reduce the spread of disease and accidental pregnancy.    There is no "fluid transfer" and the people of the future find the whole idea quite disgusting and barbaric.       Basically, morality changes with the times and with people's expectations of normality.    For the guy from the past, real sex is better than wearing a VR headset while sitting across the room from your partner.  But for the girl from the future, real sex is gross, messy, and dangerous.    Much better to just do normal, perfectly safe VR sex instead.   

https://youtu.be/JrfqyPDs82U

In the world of OHOL, sky babies are just a part of life.  There's nothing inherently good or evil about their spontaneous occurrence.    Trying to rationalize how the characters might feel about the process based on how a present day person would feel if they found themselves stuck in the same situation is not going to to give an accurate picture of how the native population actually feels about it, having grown up in that world with those conditions existing as their natural state of being.    Our expectations about babies and how they work are completely different than the reality of the average OHOL mom.   

And that doesn't even take into account that these characters are NOT alive.   They are virtual avatars for real people who have chosen to play this game voluntarily, not actual people living in the future.  Reading too much into OHOL's abstracted method of reproduction is just a waste of time.

#41 2020-02-15 17:23:18

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

You would seriously advocate griefing to force people to stop playing OHOL?

There is no such thing as griefing properly speaking Destiny.  See the last paragraph of the original post.

Griefing is more real than any of the points you have made about reproductive consent in OHOL.    Griefing hurts real people who really exist.   

Other players in the game are actual people in the real world.  They have real emotions and they deserve to be treated with respect.  Intentionally hurting real people is not moral behavior.    Don't talk to me about the core morality of the game being in doubt, then turn around and advocate immoral actions as way of fighting it. 

My real life mother taught me a very important lesson when I was a real child - Two wrongs do not make a right.

You can't defeat immoral behavior WITH more immorality.   That's not how it works.

#42 2020-02-15 17:36:07

sigmen4020

Spoonwood wrote:
sigmen4020 wrote:

All you essentially are as a mother is a spawn point.

Mothers are spawn points sure.  But, that's not all.  Remember family trees exist (or will exist as soon as the mother dies) as soon as a mother births a child.  There's still no choice in any of it.  No way to say 'no' without ending one's character's life.  It's still forced reproduction or reproduction without consent.

If you ignore the family fluff (you mention family trees, but all they are is meaningless fluff that most players never check) all they will ever be is spawn points. You also again forgot to quote the fact where I mentioned you could choose to take care of the “baby” or not. Real life parenting and parenting in-game are beyond compare. The amount of responsibility you have for a real life child versus a virtual Ohol “baby” is so vast that it’s completely useless to compare the two.

Outside of fluff, the only difference between spawning on other players in Battlefield and Ohol, is the fact that the player spawning in Ohol will be a useless resource drain for 3 minutes. The mom has zero obligation to take care of the kid, and oh don’t wanna be reminded of a family tree? How about never checking it like a lot of players are already doing?

Also to conclude: you consented to “children” being “born” to you, the moment you bought, installed and played a game about parenting. The exact same way that you consented to have the possibility of spawning as a nazi, the moment you bought, installed and played a WWII shooter.

Anyway I’m done with this. It’s very clear that’s no one else agrees with this nonsense, so I’m out.

#43 2020-02-15 17:44:43

Chestburster

I'm realizing that its a pretty bad idea for me to be arguing with this at all. I feel like I'm seeing someone not able to organize thoughts correctly or think rationally. I have zero right to even act like I can tell whats going on with someone mentally through a computer, I'm just worried about any possibilities.

Spoonwood, if you have anyone your life that you can trust and will understand you please please just go talk to them, tell them what is going on with your life right now, and listen to and consider what they say.

You need to talk to and listen to someone that isn't just yourself, and isn't anyone that you will find over the internet. Really listen to them, and no matter how much more real and rational what you are thinking seems at least consider putting their word over your own.

Please do this and I will leave the game forever and tell all my friends who play to leave too if that is what you want. But I need you to talk to that person first.

Last edited by Chestburster (2020-02-15 18:03:00)

#44 2020-02-15 17:52:18

Cantface

I've deleted the thing, feeling naive and embarrassed I shouldn't have got so personal I will apologise I feel bad about how this went down. Sorry Joji and sorry to Spoon too.

I shouldn't let my emotions get to me so much I should know better. It's my bad on this one.

Last edited by Cantface (2020-02-15 17:53:17)

Breasticles

#45 2020-02-15 17:59:15

sigmen4020

DestinyCall wrote:

In the world of OHOL, sky babies are just a part of life.  There's nothing inherently good or evil about their spontaneous occurrence.    Trying to rationalize how the characters might feel about the process based on how a present day person would feel if they found themselves stuck in the same situation is not going to to give an accurate picture of how the native population actually feels about it, having grown up in that world with those conditions existing as their natural state of being.    Our expectations about babies and how they work are completely different than the reality of the average OHOL mom.   

And that doesn't even take into account that these characters are NOT alive.   They are virtual avatars for real people who have chosen to play this game voluntarily, not actual people living in the future.  Reading too much into OHOL's abstracted method of reproduction is just a waste of time.

+1

#46 2020-02-15 18:28:12

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Stop playing the game. Why do we all have to hate the game for you to stop playing?

You're becoming a clown. Stop.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#47 2020-02-15 20:03:23

Joseph Stalin

calm down its a game lol

#48 2020-02-15 20:36:45

Spoonwood

DestinyCall wrote:

In such a future, they would still get made to reproduced without their consent.  No way to say 'no' without choosing to die (or getting killed).  By Destiny's own standard about not being able to know what people would feel like in the future because of how we are, there's no rational way to infer that they would feel nothing also.  And apparently, a part of the character's normal process implies that they wouldn't give a damn about consenting to reproduction.  A whole culture of coerced reproduction, where consent isn't even a possibility.  May as well call it a forced reproduction culture.  Calling it a rape culture might not be a stretch either.

DestinyCall wrote:

The other players logging in, in addition to how the game works, force people playing a female character into reproduction.  I don't think consent exists when your only way out is death of your character.

Destiny doesn't even consider the issue of consent and apparently seeks to sweep that issue under the rug, nay permanently bury the issue of consent as even relevant.

DestinyCall wrote:

Griefing is more real than any of the points you have made about reproductive consent in OHOL.    Griefing hurts real people who really exist.

The only spirit in the game gets embodied by the mechanics themselves (see what Jason got quoted as saying in the original post).  All in game actions are consistent with the mechanics of the game.  Thus, all in game actions are consistent with the spirit of the game.  Thus, there is no such thing as griefing, only what people call 'griefing' or usually would call 'griefing'.

DestinyCall wrote:

Don't talk to me about the core morality of the game being in doubt, then turn around and advocate immoral actions as way of fighting it.

It's not immoral to try to get others to recognize something which is bad as bad.

sigmen4020 wrote:

Also to conclude: you consented to “children” being “born” to you, the moment you bought, installed and played a game about parenting.

This is like saying that a real world person could consent to reproduction by choosing to live in the world and then getting forced into reproduction when that person was asleep or in a coma.  No, consent doesn't work that way.  People have to have a means to say 'no' without choosing to die or dying.

And it figures that gamers intent on playing their game no matter if it has bad values or not will try to psychologize a critic as mentally unbalanced.  Why wouldn't they?  It's far easier to try to make a critic look that way and insist it's the truth than to consider what the values or lack of values of their game and possibly reconsider what they've been doing all along and consider if it were a good idea in the first place.

Danish Clinch.

#49 2020-02-15 21:32:11

DestinyCall

Spoonwood wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

Don't talk to me about the core morality of the game being in doubt, then turn around and advocate immoral actions as way of fighting it.

It's not immoral to try to get others to recognize something which is bad as bad.

I don't have a problem with you raising the questions about morality as they relate to this game.  Nor do I have a problem with you advocating for people to stop playing a game that you view as morally wrong.  I think that is understandable, even if I don't agree with your reasoning.

However, I do have a problem with you imposing your view on other people by force.  And frankly, I am surprised that you think it is okay, considering it seems in direct contradiction to your own values.   Griefing the game for the purpose of getting people to stopping playing is a violation of their right to self-determination.   People have free will.   That includes the freedom to do things you don't view as correct.

It is perfectly fine to explain your views to others and try to convince them to see what you see.   But if they do not agree, it is NOT OKAY to impose your views on them by force.   To use your own intentionally dramatic words ... that at makes you the rapist, Spoon.   You need to respect people's right to say "no".

Spoonwood wrote:

And it figures that gamers intent on playing their game no matter if it has bad values or not will try to psychologize a critic as mentally unbalanced.  Why wouldn't they?  It's far easier to try to make a critic look that way and insist it's the truth than to consider what the values or lack of values of their game and possibly reconsider what they've been doing all along and consider if it were a good idea in the first place.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am genuinely concerned about your mental state.   I have noticed a change in your posts lately, even before the forum ban, that I feel could indicate that something is wrong.   If you have anyone you can talk to off-line, I encourage you to talk to them about what you are going through and put some distance from this game for a while, for your own sake.   Sometimes it is hard to notice when we need help, because we are already in too deep.   I understand if you don't want to believe me, but I hope you do talk with someone you can trust to give you their honest opinion.   I want you to be okay.

#50 2020-02-15 21:32:56

FishRfriendsnotfood
Banned

Spoons interactions in real life.

Friend: Man, the weather is crazy!

Spoon: 'man'  are you assuming my gender!  To suggest I am a man without first asking me about my preferred pronoun takes away my autonomy, you are violating my rights to choose to the gender I want.
'The weather' first of all, generalizing all weather is wrong and you are ruining the institution of weather as a whole by making such grand generalizations.  Next time say 'the rain' or 'the snow' and be very specific otherwise you are wrong assuming one would even know what specific weather you are mentioning.
'Is crazy' is extremely insensitive and an outright attack on the institution of weather.  You perceive the weather to be crazy, when such assumptions cause irrepairable harm, and offends every person that is currently diagnosed with a malady on the DSM-5.  You as a person are wrong for making such a crass statement and goes way to far.

Other people
Friend: man the weather is crazy!
Reciprocal response: yes, I agree!

I'm fish, deal with it or don't, idgaf

Board footer