One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-10 00:47:54

Legs

Re: The Future Of Realistic Society

PXshadow wrote:

Currency needs to have value on it's own.

What practical value does modern paper currency have?
About the same value as a playing card.

Loco Motion

#27 2020-01-10 01:02:58

Villas

DestinyCall wrote:

You could try starting a card-based economy in your next town, Villas.   Everything has to start somewhere.   Be the change you want to see in the world.

Playcards are kind of too easy to make. If I’m not mistaken 1 paper = 52 cards, if it’s true, it’s possible to make 1.000 cards in 20 minutes. Anyway if I play tomorrow I’m gonna try just for fun, I’ll make a property fence and start a workshop selling things for cards, probably sell crowns and seal skin shirts.

#28 2020-01-10 01:37:58

pein

money is a universal exchange item, a tool, not a goal
it doesn't matter if you have iI game currency, it matters if you got a currency or not, what can you buy for it, it's just a limitation on the item groups which can be gotten via normal gameplay or a minigame for business that lets you produce and trade, and get special items, which can't be gotten differently
no point of buying a shovel when you can make one, sure, you can save time, but at what cost?
firstly we would need a market system that lets you get rid of excess, so you can specialize on something

physical money is also bad, money needs to be virtual. I dont want to work just so some asshole rob me at the end. A safe way to trade is important, we already got thiefs and hoarders and idiots who just leach on others and still think they are useful.

I don't want to focus on nuances of police and talking bullshit for one hour. I just want my goods.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#29 2020-01-10 01:44:04

jcwilk

Gamers pretending to be game designers is amusing, but gamers pretending to be economists is hilarious xD

Board footer