One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-12-22 06:49:37

Spoonwood

Re: Nothing lasts forever ... let it all decay.

Kinrany wrote:

It should be very dangerous to travel in the wilderness. Otherwise no matter how it's balanced, if Eve camps are at all possible, then you can walk around the map eating natural food and not growing anything yourself.

I think it's more complicated than that, because of the issue of griefing.  Were this a single-player game I might agree with you, but again griefing exists, so I don't think what you propose would be all that feasible, it would just make it more likely that griefers succeed in their attempts at destruction and mayhem.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#27 2019-12-22 10:10:28

Amon

I always found it logical that that finite goods lead to infinite goods and vice versa.

However, if the goal was civilisation advancement. Perhaps it would be sensible to eventually just... not do rabbit clothing anymore. Once all are gone it's all gone. It's out of fashion, no longer available, super rare.
Yet dyes are limited. Dying is limited.
What about sythetic travel gear and backpacks. How does that sound like?

That's why I like the rift arcs.
Things actually had the potential to be depleted.
And if goods really didn't last forever. Then they REALLY wouldn't last forever. And Ideally, you'd see how certain resources 'phase out' of the daily lives of people as the arc goes on.
Why wear rabbit skins when wool clohtes are betterthe best option when all the bunbuns are gone? Why wear wool clothes when synthetic fibres are cheaper and easier to mass produce?

Last edited by Amon (2019-12-22 10:11:29)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#28 2019-12-22 11:12:55

Kinrany

Spoonwood wrote:

I think it's more complicated than that, because of the issue of griefing.  Were this a single-player game I might agree with you, but again griefing exists, so I don't think what you propose would be all that feasible, it would just make it more likely that griefers succeed in their attempts at destruction and mayhem.

What do you mean? What's the relation to griefing?

#29 2019-12-22 13:00:12

Spoonwood

Kinrany wrote:

What do you mean? What's the relation to griefing?

Griefers could just destroy the food supply at a camp and the people in the camp would be finished, since they didn't have wild food as backup.  Also, griefers could more easily destroy an Eve by destroying/hiding all of the wild food.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#30 2019-12-22 14:18:59

Kinrany

Spoonwood wrote:

Griefers could just destroy the food supply at a camp and the people in the camp would be finished, since they didn't have wild food as backup.  Also, griefers could more easily destroy an Eve by destroying/hiding all of the wild food.

Uh, too bad?
Obviously the answer is providing better options against griefing specifically. Not providing consolation prizes for those who got griefed and couldn't defend themselves.

#31 2019-12-22 23:06:12

voy178

+1 for spoiling food. Get rid of all excess resources that just end up cluttering the map anyways.

Another idea which has been brought up before: make stuff indoor decay at a decreased rate. An incentive for keeping tool shacks, storage facilities, etc.

Board footer