One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-23 04:10:29

karltown_veteran

Happiest/Best OHOL Moments?

I’m having a bad day, could use this.

I can’t thjnk of a particularly good one right now but the weddings under the bell tower were fun (this was right after the fancy clothes update)

A quick PS: I want to take this opportunity to shout out to forum user “oholniggazbelike”. *eyeroll* I wanted to @ you on the other thread but it closed. I know you think you got the world fooled, because you’re a reckless twelve year old exploring the internet, but nobody on this forum actually believes that you’re a black person. My guess is you’re a white kid who thinks they can get away with constantly using the N word if they pretend to be black.
You’re not fooling anyone. You think you’re being smart but in a few years, maybe even a year or so, you’re going to look back and think “oh god”
Ok that’s all

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#2 2019-11-23 04:27:01

NotAnotherBird

Re: Happiest/Best OHOL Moments?

I enjoy this memory from one Jackman Whisler.
https://www.reddit.com/r/onehouronelife … ia_whisler

Hope your day improves!

Last edited by NotAnotherBird (2019-11-23 04:28:20)

#3 2019-11-23 04:39:08

arkajalka

Completing my cistern duck trap was moment of joy.

I am Sheep, the lord of kraut, maker of the roads, professional constructor, master smith, bonsai enthusiast, arctic fisher, dog whisperer, naked  nomad and an ORGANIZER. Nerf sharp stone it's op.

"BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" -Jaleiah Gilberts
"All your bases are belong to us"-xXPu55yS14y3rXx-

#4 2019-11-23 05:15:02

Spoonwood

Living a few lives in Duck Town and Sand City.

Seeing all the amazing towns on server12 and elsewhere... Hearts Kingdom on server7.

San-cal... hearing about the strange problems it ran into later on and having been there, and hearing about how it wasn't so nice early on.

Trapping over a dozen and half mosquitoes in 4 mosquito tombs with a benefit to it for as long as it lasted.  Getting help from Frost on that one who jumped in when I had the mosquitoes trapped, but not entombed.

Forging gold for bells.

Seeing a car zip around in one of Eve Spoon's towns in a 2nd life where I had killed a lot of boars.

The best moment?

Entombing all of those mosquitoes with it being an intelligent thing to do.  And imagining how much my developing town could have supported thereafter had it gotten built in a place likely where people would likely show up (I didn't do it perfectly either... some of my tombs could have gotten griefed... by a griefer ready to get mosquito bites if such a griefer exists).

Last edited by Spoonwood (2019-11-23 05:25:49)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2019-11-23 05:26:12

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

One of my favorite memories is from a really long time ago. I only had a single daughter, and she was new and wanted to help. I spent a while teaching her how to make compost and I asked her to continue making it because our farms were really hurting. Anyways, I continue on with my life of baking and stuff. I return to her as an old lady and I caught her teaching her own children how to do compost too.

I don't know why but it made me feel really good. It showed me the power of teaching someone. With the constant influx of new players it feels like they never learn. The player base never feels like it gets any smarter, but this ONE TIME I felt like I actually made a difference. Who knows how knowledge branches off. I could've started a chain that taught hundreds of players.

I'm being over dramatic. I just liked that moment.

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#6 2019-11-23 05:43:44

denriguez

I just had a pretty good one.

My mom didn't have a last name. My mom, my grandma, and my infant aunt were the only folks in a small camp with 3x3 berry patch, two kilns, and a shallow well. When I turned three I went away to get a basket. I got a little lost on the way home, and when I got there, everyone was gone. No trace of them.

Anyhow, I popped about 8 babies, only two of whom, both daughters, didn't SIDS on me. I lost track of the younger one, Lil, but the older one, Doris, stuck around and was super helpful, as I'd used up all of my tool slots. Doris helped me build a cart, we baked some pies, I got her rabbits for her backpack. She didn't have any surviving daughters, so we were both somewhat resigned to the fact that our town was doomed. My exit music starts playing, and as I'm saying goodbye to Doris, literally seconds before I'm about to die, my long-lost daughter Lil shows up, surprising the hell out of both of us, saying she'd found a ginger town. I tell them I love them both, and then I let go.

I don't know yet if either of them had a surviving daughter, or if they made it to ginger town. I hope they did.

#7 2019-11-23 10:34:20

WalrusesConquer

Here's a few super memorable ones!

1:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4091552

My name was Jill Juniper and we had loads of eggs and poop...so I decided to be a goode hunter! My daughters followed my career and it was really wholesome watching my three grankids huddled around a goose stump and fetching eggs!
Eventually I died and checked the family tree
My grandaughter said: "Here lies Jill Juniper - The first goose slayer!"
I thought it was pretty nice that she made her last words that. Then I looked at the tree later and realised that it was a note!
Watching my grandkids carry on a tradition was really cool!
These are from the 8 days in the rift with no junipers

2: The beginning of Ben
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5140508
So I was the daughter of an Eve Colo and she got bit by a bear. She popped out a son at the last moment and called him Ben. I raised Ben before also dying to a bear. I asked him to find a wife.

3: Cloud Charles
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5140508
My mom had found a town but food was scarce and we were relying on two bushes. I meet a boy of another family - It was Ben! We couldn't understand each other but we ran west and foraged on the way. We were minding our own buisness then this crazy lady comes off a horse with her daughter and tries to stab me but Ben went in front of me.
He got stabbed.
Me and her daughter were both too young to pick up a knife but I got old and stabbed her mom. I took ben's clothes and kept running.
I had kids and named one Ben. I told each of them how he saved us, but one by one we got split up.

I arrive in a town WITH ROWS OF FOOD! Loads of boys who's mother's were eves and died. I wander around and I see someone of my own skin running around. A grandchild! I go to confront them and a blonde lady runs in. It was Ben! We were all so happy to be reunited and I worked hard.
We had no water or soil or anyway of keeping tje berries alive.
But we had a temporary paradise.
And that was enough

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-11-23 10:35:14)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#8 2019-11-23 13:23:11

Guppy

I was a middle aged man and wanted to make pork taccos for the first time. While preparing i found a little boy that was left behind by his mom, so I adopted him and we helped each other out. When I later came back to the town by pure luck, i found he had built me a little monument

This was some time ago, before sugar canes and all that, where we had one gigant city that just kept on for days on end

#9 2019-11-23 14:46:36

pein

I  asked a lil girl to come with me exploring when we still had the coordinate leaks. we went around 800-900 NE and the coords I found was some rabbit hunters who went very far from the camp. Our city was poor and disorganized and I liked exploring. No chance to make clothing for us as no rabbits no sheep barely any water,
We went out naked, we found some clothing for two of us, the coords led us to savannah and we struggled to find signs, finally, we made a big turn from north-west to south-east and we found the town. By that time she had 5 girls, all looking similar, we were the kreol skin tone. I was old by the time we checked out the new ciy, a lot of white people there, was before the language update but after the skin tone changes.
When I died, all the girls lined up near me when I said goodbye. It was a fun life, no kids suicided on the way and we made a great journey of like 1500ish tiles to new home.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer