One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-10 05:57:19

yvanhooe

New rule: Stay together!

So, for your information, the Eve spawning algorithm changed: you won't find other villages by walking randomly around. Your family is probably all you have in the world. If you are a boy, stick around your mom and sisters and help them. Jason made his intent clear: the idea is that civs can only survive if it is constantly occupied by a family (or more but this is unlikely as Eves will only very rarely bump into another civ)

Therefore: your home may suck but THIS IS YOUR HOME! It needs you more than you need it. There is no point in surviving alone if it means the civ dies.

If you spawn as an Eve, before you feed any kid, make a home marker so that they can find their way back home. Half of my kids started wandering around and I think some survived but they never found me back.

#2 2018-04-10 08:49:09

Joriom
Website

Re: New rule: Stay together!

Also: Areas that were not "seen" by players without 24 hours are deleted permanently after next server restart (which happens whenever Jason brings up any update or hotfix - basically every 1-4 days). So there is no point of building camps "for future generations that might find it". In most cases thats to far to be found in time.

#3 2018-04-10 09:00:29

MaKroW

Joriom wrote:

Also: Areas that were not "seen" by players without 24 hours are deleted permanently after next server restart (which happens whenever Jason brings up any update or hotfix - basically every 1-4 days). So there is no point of building camps "for future generations that might find it". In most cases thats to far to be found in time.

Wait does that mean the settlement 50 tiles away disappears if none of the future generations venture out ?

#4 2018-04-10 10:00:48

Lucky-San

I saw that each map/server have a max of 40 players at the same time, and as the Eves spawn far away, a village can survive only if there is a constant lineage...

We will always be stuck up in a map with 2 or 3 villages, no more... and if we are lucky enough to maintain this village, we will be in the same situation as before the apocalypse (3 village over-populated and the rest of the map full of void...

(maybe there is something I don't understand...)

Last edited by Lucky-San (2018-04-10 10:21:06)

sorry for my english, but you know, not everyone is british or american... I'm french by the way (the best country in the world!) wink

#5 2018-04-11 04:58:19

yvanhooe

Originally there was supposed to be 200 players by server but they had a hard time keeping up the charge. Jason is working on it.

#6 2018-04-11 10:10:29

pein

new rule, give 5 seconds as baby. today i tought somebody is an eve, actually just a naked woman bit further from city

also was a sad moment when i tried to run and my mom catches me twice, then she told me that there is a city just everyone else died and im the last hope, i was willing to birth a daughter even if i had a very nice run before, well the city was a patch of farm in middle of green area and she run into a rattlesnake in green biome

give 5 sec as baby
stop as mother and say sorry and the reason why is a bad idea to keep him/her

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-04-11 11:01:20

zentea

Actually i think branching out is only good idea for long time survival.Its the only way to create settlements around the main one.At some point females should be sent in four main directions. This way if main family dies or is overpopulating then they can send people to other villages or revive old ones.

#8 2018-04-11 14:03:16

Lucky-San

yvanhooe wrote:

Originally there was supposed to be 200 players by server but they had a hard time keeping up the charge. Jason is working on it.

this will be really a game changer!

With 200 players on the same map, there will always a dozen of good village instead of 1 village and few eve. and a fine-tuning mechanism of dispatching the players can be implement in order to not have one huge and over-populated village like we have before the apocalypse.

even with 80 players by server, it can change the dynamic of the game...

sorry for my english, but you know, not everyone is british or american... I'm french by the way (the best country in the world!) wink

Board footer