One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-18 22:39:57

PeaGirl

Antibotting ideas?

As said in subject. I think an idea would be to add selection box which says "I am human." after random consequtive quick deaths, if checked, player can continue on rebirthing. It should be easy to notice as human. If box is not clicked for about 3-4 times, player is locked from rebirthing for x hours.

Permaban is not a solution, but "bittersweet soft ban" would help people not get away with their mischief, although random consequtive won't be the perfect solution since people can click macro past it with either free or paid macroer. Another idea is adding questions stock like basic mathematics "50+30?"

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#2 2018-09-18 22:50:19

Superfun2
Banned

Re: Antibotting ideas?

"Basic math" get a bot and plug thoes bad bois in google scientific calc

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#3 2018-09-18 22:54:42

Redram

Like I said in the other thread, require they live a certain length of time, or it doesn't count.  They're griefers, shouldnt be a problem if they do it legit.  If you want to provide some leeway, then they have to survive a number of years equal to their permanent curse score. By the time you accumulate 60 Curse points you should have no trouble dying of old age

#4 2018-09-18 22:57:38

Auner

I vote in favor of a full-blown ban.

GIVE JASON MORE MONEY

GIVE US MORE CONTENT

We all win.

Once upon a time there was a lizard who wanted to be a dragon...

#5 2018-09-18 23:04:36

Booklat1

people botting should definitelly be banned. I don't even mind griefing that much, can always hunt the griefers, but bots are just fucking lame.

#6 2018-09-18 23:07:19

Superfun2
Banned

I PAYED for accses to the servers which means I can use a bot all i want because i PAYED FOR ACCSES

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#7 2018-09-18 23:27:22

PeaGirl

I just considered bitter sweet ban as a way to make it feel awful, but still giving person a chance to continue, unless if they go on with their bad habits, they might as well go by the much slower way (which is really fine to me).
Botting after all is acceptable in single player games. Not in multiplayer servers.
Firstly, it makes you lazy if you keep up botting. It gives your gaming near to 0 worth. It's much cheaper to bot in runescape.
Secondly, since you enjoy making mess, then you should enjoy cleaning too. smile Shows how untidy life you have.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#8 2018-09-18 23:37:16

VioletLily

Superfun2 wrote:

I PAYED for accses to the servers which means I can use a bot all i want because i PAYED FOR ACCSES

Actually, it is only okay if Jason says it is okay. It is his game and he has the right to set the rules. If at any time he decides bots are not okay, then that will be that. You are playing an multiplayer game after all, not a single-player.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-18 23:39:35)

#9 2018-09-18 23:54:04

eatscutebbys

Here's an idea: Cursed players can challenge other cursed players to prove they're real. If the challenge is successful, the challenger gets 1 hour removed, and the bot gets 10 extra hours.

Eve CHAMPION

#10 2018-09-18 23:55:42

eatscutebbys

And by challenge, I mean "kill".

Eve CHAMPION

#11 2018-09-19 00:01:21

Superfun2
Banned

VioletLily wrote:
Superfun2 wrote:

Actually, it is only okay if Jason says it is okay. It is his game and he has the right to set the rules. If at any time he decides bots are not okay, then that will be that. You are playing an multiplayer game after all, not a single-player.

ACTUALLY the game is FREE DOMAIN so yeah

#12 2018-09-19 01:00:19

UnnoticedShadow

Jason can create any rules he want, if he wanted to, he could make a in game feature that made any bots detected be stuck at a screen staring at a goat forever, and that would be allowed.  What I reccoment is a changing bot detection system, that might detect if the player speaks a variety of words one day, and the next if they eat bowled berries.  The people who break most out of these detection systems could be looked at by moderators, who could determine if they are bots or not, and ban said bot.

(And can we please get rid of SuperFun from he forums, she has contributed nothing, and only constantly encourages bad behavior.)

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-09-19 01:01:22)

#13 2018-09-19 01:00:58

eatscutebbys

Superfun2 wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
Superfun2 wrote:

Then go on and host your own server then.

Eve CHAMPION

#14 2018-09-19 04:56:47

VioletLily

Superfun2 wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
Superfun2 wrote:

Okay, so now I'm curious. I though this game was open source, not public domain (which I think is what superfun meant). I thought open source simply let others use the code however they choose as a source for their own projects, not give them the right misuse the original work itself. Am I wrong?

#15 2018-09-19 06:08:17

Joriom
Website

Official Jasons statement from 24/04/2018 - some parts are redacted.

unknown.png

Also, game is both open source and public domain. You can do whatever you want with it. Just look how mobile version was created by 3rd party. They took OHOL code (and take it on regular basis for updates), repacked for mobile and sell it for cheaper price (while hosting their own servers).

But because its open source its not a problem to just compile your own client with any bot-protection or captcha removed. Thats basically what Zoomed Out FOV Mod is that I'm providing for people. Its oryginal source code with some restrictions modified and compiled.

Even if the client source code was not publicly available, technically speaking protocol used by OHOL is very easy to recreate in your own application and you can write your own bot client in simple matter of hours (if you don't care about the graphical display like me - Santan works purely in console/terminal with no GUI).

Edit:
Also, what you pay for when you buy "the game" is not the game itself. What you buy is access to two services:
- Ability to login to official servers hosted under onehouronelife.com
- Access to already compiled and ready-to-go version of cliet distributed though onehouronelife.com
You actually don't need to pay the game to get client or server itself (compiling yourself or downloading from 3rd party like ohol.joriom.pl/download/list) and you can even redistribute them. You simply won't be able to access public servers hosted by Jason.

#16 2018-09-19 07:04:07

VioletLily

Joriom wrote:

Thanks for the explanation Joriom!

So does Jason have the right to set and enforce rules in his own server (not taking into account how feasible this may or may not be, or whether or not he would want to)? Or do people have the right to do what they want with/on his servers regardless of his preferences? In the example you used with the mobile game they hosted their own servers, so they didn't do anything with Jason's.

Again, I'm just curious and am trying to get a better understanding. It seems he does have some say, as he limited your bot to one server at a time. Or is that simply because you payed to have access to one server at a time? I'm unsure.

Last edited by VioletLily (2018-09-19 07:08:43)

#17 2018-09-19 07:41:59

Joriom
Website

VioletLily wrote:

So does Jason have the right to set and enforce rules in his own server (not taking into account how feasible this may or may not be, or whether or not he would want to)? Or do people have the right to do what they want with/on his servers regardless of his preferences? In the example you used with the mobile game they hosted their own servers, so they didn't do anything with Jason's.

Thats actually a very hard topic but only due to Jasons approach to legal stuff. You are not clearly notified about what it is that you purchase. The only information I could ever find on that topic were on the "buy now" screen right before the payment. ( https://sites.fastspring.com/jasonrohre … ouronelife ) You're promissed the following:

• You will be given immediate access to all of the following DRM-free downloads (Win/Mac/Linux/Source code)

• Includes a lifetime account on the main game server and access to all future updates.

There is no EULA not TOS clearly provided to the user. Content is DRM free.

Taking a close look at those bare bones terms:

• Jason is not allowed to remove your account on the main server.

• Jason is not allowed to deny you any future update.

What does it mean really though? Not much. Your account can not be removed but technically, it could be restricted. That point talks about "account" not "accouint access". Lets say court decides it was meant as access - there is next problem. It does speak about main game server. Term "main game server" is not strongly defined and is singular. Does it refer to server1.onehouronelife.com or does it refer only to the ticket server that distributes players between servers? Worst case scenario - server1 becomes "banished" land and all other player traffic is router to servers 2, 3, and so on.
What does it mean for in-game management like Donkey Town? You're only promissed lifetime account, not access to all features using that account. Jason is technically free to add, remove and modify any feature or restrict access to them.

This is really vague but there is huge advantage in favour of Jasons freedoms.

VioletLily wrote:

Again, I'm just curious and am trying to get a better understanding. It seems he does have some say, as he limited your bot to one server at a time. Or is that simply because you payed to have access to one server at a time? I'm unsure.

This is a gray area where its all about what Jason agrees on without any earlier arrangements. Technically we're only entitled to owning an account OR using it on single, main server (even if using it means having access only to limited number of features). Nothing more, nothing less. I tried to take more than was willingly given to me thus my access was restricted (but my account was not removed and I still had access to downloads, etc).

#18 2018-09-19 08:53:53

VioletLily

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain things to me Joriom! I tried looking into this myself, but legalese is definitely not my strong suit. You made it very easy for me to understand! Thank you again!

#19 2018-09-19 12:07:16

Superfun2
Banned

I'll delete my review

#20 2018-09-19 13:09:38

Superfun2
Banned

PeaGirl wrote:

As said in subject. I think an idea would be to add selection box which says "I am human." after random consequtive quick deaths, if checked, player can continue on rebirthing. It should be easy to notice as human. If box is not clicked for about 3-4 times, player is locked from rebirthing for x hours.

Permaban is not a solution, but "bittersweet soft ban" would help people not get away with their mischief, although random consequtive won't be the perfect solution since people can click macro past it with either free or paid macroer. Another idea is adding questions stock like basic mathematics "50+30?"

You already have a soft ban its called Donkey town

#21 2018-09-19 15:58:26

UnnoticedShadow

Thank you, SuperFun, and he could, to any player he wanted, add 100000000000000 curse points if he wanted to, and effectively ban them.

#22 2018-09-19 21:48:59

Catfive

Superfun2 wrote:
VioletLily wrote:
Superfun2 wrote:

The ToS can be changed at any time. Feel free to go create your own server though as the source code is free to use. You'd have hours of fun there on your own smile

#23 2018-09-20 00:10:22

pein

simple captcha

reborn button should appear random position on screen

or simple math problems after you born a few times in few minutes

nothing too intrusive, if he can dodge that, he can call his shitty macro a bot big_smile

i would consider a bot after it can say 'h' and 'f' when needed, and at least eat berry

Last edited by pein (2018-09-20 00:33:08)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#24 2018-09-20 00:19:57

UnnoticedShadow

+support

#25 2018-09-20 07:05:02

sanchez

And there is soft cure for them auto clicker uber bots running around
when you notice one very suicidal baby popping around you all the time running the same direction every time.
Run beside it name it something easy. Curse it after. Get someone else to curse it.

Board footer