One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-14 04:11:14

Lava

You are NOT encouraging trade

I see with most of your changes you push for player led interactions i.e trade but I swear, I have never seen trade in this  game that happened in my play time. I even TRIED to trade, the thing with ohol is its generational!! What happens after I die and im the trade dealer? It will just get lost, no one will do it and the village will die, I even tried to pass it on but it doesn't even last a generation after I die. Players will just maneuver around whatever your trying to force the meta to be. This change will just make eves try to find each other to stand a chance, there will be no trade, but multicultural towns. Your updates only make the game harder and more challenging, it never really encourages trade. Also in your proposal you think that two separate towns will "come" together and trade while staying in those two towns, that Will not happen, theyre just going to be multiracial their not going to trade when its more easier/ just to be in the same town.

Last edited by Lava (2019-11-14 04:14:59)

#2 2019-11-14 04:13:53

fug

Re: You are NOT encouraging trade

Jason is a goober. More at 11.

The only time I've ever traded anything it was curse tokens for in game materials (iron, gold crowns, clothing, etc.) These changes don't encourage trade so much as they encourage everyone just joining in on one to two towns.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#3 2019-11-14 04:23:17

pein

can't even ask my own family members to do shit for me not like going into another city with shit and I get out with anything of value

for trade we need personal ownership or some secure way to make the exchange

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-11-14 04:58:01

Grim_Arbiter

Have traded dyed hats for undyed hats while the dye is up.

If you ever have seen a village with a bunch of the same color hats, half were probably acquired that way. Its funny running around frantically screaming trade me hats at people, but it gets them mostly all dyed.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#5 2019-11-14 05:12:46

Gomez

what never gambled at the hearth? woll you fer you sick hat bro Kappa

#6 2019-11-14 05:16:57

Grim_Arbiter

Gomez wrote:

what never gambled at the hearth? woll you fer you sick hat bro Kappa

I totally gambled for a hat once. Not gonna lie, it was definitely one of my favorite memories pre rift.  I said "snake eyes and I keep my hat" and I couldn't believe it when I actually rolled snake eyes. The other guy's mind was blown as well.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2019-11-14 07:52:45

sigmen4020

I think I've succesfully traded once in this game. Back in the days of iron crisis in the very early rift days (clothes for iron). Also imo Jason should focus on getting more content before trying to encouraging trade. We simply don't have enough items to trade meaningfully with. And this change won't encourage trade, it will only encourage multi-race towns. And in late game towns where diesel pumps are done, the only race really needed are the gingers to produce more kerosene. When diesel is done, all the offerings of jungles and deserts become optional.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-11-14 07:53:02)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#8 2019-11-14 08:52:17

StrongForce

Sigmen rubber will decay so you need new rubber to keep tire art /tire horse cart
Also Newcomen will need rubber replacements or something like that

Baby dance!!

#9 2019-11-14 09:08:16

sigmen4020

StrongForce wrote:

Sigmen rubber will decay so you need new rubber to keep tire art /tire horse cart

The rubber wheels on horse tire carts don't decay, and Newcomen cores don't need rubber replacements when oil is exhausted for example.

Horse tire carts (notice no decay timer):
https://onetech.info/3159-Hitched-Horse-Drawn-Tire-Cart

Newcomen (Here you can see that you get a complete Newcomen core when disassembling the oil rig. No need to make a new one):
https://onetech.info/3085-Ropeless-Exha … Pumpjack-2

(Same with a pump):
https://onetech.info/3032-Exhausted-Newcomen-Pump

But on second thought you might still need a black family to operate the diesel mine, since iron veins are getting moved to desert.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-11-14 09:08:38)

#10 2019-11-14 14:59:44

StrongForce

He WILL change that with the update

Baby dance!!

#11 2019-11-14 16:06:53

Toxolotl

StrongForce wrote:

StrongForce wrote:

Not looking forward to this, in addition to everything else. Will likely take a break for a while until refinements are done.

#12 2019-11-14 16:58:32

Guppy

Toxolotl wrote:

Not looking forward to this, in addition to everything else. Will likely take a break for a while until refinements are done.

The less people play the longer it will take to work out all the bad things

#13 2019-11-14 17:28:40

DestinyCall

Guppy wrote:
Toxolotl wrote:

The less people play the longer it will take to work out all the bad things

The more bad things get added, the less people will play.

It is a vicious cycle.

#14 2019-11-14 20:21:36

Saolin

The problem with trade is it's just not efficient. Why spend 10 years travelling, 10 years negotiating a trade with people you can't understand, and then 10 years travelling again every life, when you can just travel to multicultural towns that have access to everything and stay there. Taking the latter approach produces a more stable and efficient town and will lead to multicultural towns being the norm, removing even the need to travel to one a lot of the time.

All this update will do is bring together multi family towns and create some role specialization.

#15 2019-11-15 08:03:19

sigmen4020

StrongForce wrote:

How do you know? I haven't seen any indication of such in the Unreleased section of Onetech or any Github commits that suggests this.

Board footer