One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-16 18:14:19

Matbat

Just vetran things

Ever had annoying things happen to you that a normal player wouldn't understand?
Or something amazing that the masses could not comprehend?
Or, well, something veterans would empathise with.

Share here your 'Just vetran' moments you've been itching to tell, or have already told but was swept away unnoticed.

(Don't base all your quality off mine)
Mine would be seeing someone stuff their pack full of pies, or carrots.
It always seems to portend to negative behavior.

#2 2019-10-16 18:21:19

Grim_Arbiter

Re: Just vetran things

When someone moves the clothes pile that I'm about to dye haha

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#3 2019-10-17 07:36:56

pein

the arc went 8 days

on day 5-6 there was a town on the middle north

i built a new town next to it, starting with a new pen, then cutting trees, boards, berry farm, carrots, wheat, oven
yTQCiE3.png
during that 2 lives no one came over to help and they were wondering why i don't stay in their city (i was the original pseudo eve there)
the end of my second life people were murdered by horsemen and i let a black girl in who had 5-6 kids very fast

the next day i spawned back there, people moved over all the stuff from the other town and expanded this area, it had two oil spots north and was the most influential city at the last 2 days of the arc
ZZlBDyy.png

People were complaining on the iron. I knew the locations of all 9 cities, and i born SW, so i managed to grab all iron in 5-6 cities, made new engine, then i grabbed the rubber belt made in NE city, made the timing belt there also had the pulleys on shaft, combined it and made a new engine using most swords we had to convert them into pipes. People didn't really understood why the hurry, also some idiot baby cried for 30 minutes because i took her décor sword, had to kill her in the end as she was an annoying prick, she got other sword and tried to stab me with it, we were in peace. I stab her with knife and no one bothered.

Ended up getting around 200 iron, i met Lava in NE city next day and she already made chisels so we ran 4 times to my engine and used up all the chisels she made and i gathered, around 12 that life, taking all the iron back to the 2 cities there. My engine was made of scrapped tools and knives, swords and broken tools.

I had a few weird and interesting lives when we could map out cities from stdout.txt, was like a bell run without a bell, generally me running with a girl to other city, but sometimes 5-6 people following me, was right before the language update so some lives were quite weird.
Finding a city 200-300 tiles away lend me to mix their population and start roads between them, and taking a girl from a busy city to revive a dead one. Mapping out the whole server before i reached age 3. Whatever made the Hetuw map based on that exploit, i explained how can he make it work. I had exact coordinates to cities  (sometimes to dead rabbit hunters). Those lives were awesome, finding 3-4 cities around us.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-10-17 14:04:52

Guppy

pein wrote:

the arc went 8 days

on day 5-6 there was a town on the middle north

i built a new town next to it, starting with a new pen, then cutting trees, boards, berry farm, carrots, wheat, oven
https://i.imgur.com/yTQCiE3.png
during that 2 lives no one came over to help and they were wondering why i don't stay in their city (i was the original pseudo eve there)
the end of my second life people were murdered by horsemen and i let a black girl in who had 5-6 kids very fast

the next day i spawned back there, people moved over all the stuff from the other town and expanded this area, it had two oil spots north and was the most influential city at the last 2 days of the arc
https://i.imgur.com/ZZlBDyy.png

People were complaining on the iron. I knew the locations of all 9 cities, and i born SW, so i managed to grab all iron in 5-6 cities, made new engine, then i grabbed the rubber belt made in NE city, made the timing belt there also had the pulleys on shaft, combined it and made a new engine using most swords we had to convert them into pipes. People didn't really understood why the hurry, also some idiot baby cried for 30 minutes because i took her décor sword, had to kill her in the end as she was an annoying prick, she got other sword and tried to stab me with it, we were in peace. I stab her with knife and no one bothered.

Ended up getting around 200 iron, i met Lava in NE city next day and she already made chisels so we ran 4 times to my engine and used up all the chisels she made and i gathered, around 12 that life, taking all the iron back to the 2 cities there. My engine was made of scrapped tools and knives, swords and broken tools.

I had a few weird and interesting lives when we could map out cities from stdout.txt, was like a bell run without a bell, generally me running with a girl to other city, but sometimes 5-6 people following me, was right before the language update so some lives were quite weird.
Finding a city 200-300 tiles away lend me to mix their population and start roads between them, and taking a girl from a busy city to revive a dead one. Mapping out the whole server before i reached age 3. Whatever made the Hetuw map based on that exploit, i explained how can he make it work. I had exact coordinates to cities  (sometimes to dead rabbit hunters). Those lives were awesome, finding 3-4 cities around us.

Whats annoying about this?

#5 2019-10-17 15:04:01

DestinyCall

Guppy wrote:

That most people don't know how to make a diesel mining pick.

#6 2019-10-17 16:32:55

pein

Guppy wrote:

read op again

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-10-17 19:39:49

sigmen4020

What annoys me personally is when people to rush getting broth with my darn turkey. I brought all this turkey and people immediately start force everyone the main dish to get the inferior side dish. Don’t ever do that please. The turkey itself is much greater than the broth, so eat the turkey when you actually need it instead of wasting it just to get an inferior food faster. I don’t mind people spreading the turkey out on plates to get to the bones, but for the love of god don’t waste perfectly good turkey on one or two pips. Absolutely infuriates me.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-10-17 19:41:00)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#8 2019-10-18 02:34:25

StrongForce

Player's who water all carrot seeds I prepared for "carrots on demand" and then let them all make seeds.

Baby dance!!

#9 2019-10-18 02:38:50

DestinyCall

When I am making a wooden path through an overgrown berry patch and some well-meaning child waters the last bush I need to uproot to finish the path, just minutes before I die of old age.

Noooooooooooooooooo!

#10 2019-10-18 09:42:53

pein

ahahaahahaa that one destiny, we had no content for months, cause the newbie tutorials and stuff
so i started flooring berry farms and digging up alone, like half a year before it was meta

the other day i had this setup
BRxt85P.jpg

obvious enough?

guy planted 2 berries between the floors, then 2 more ,then he goes to left with 4 wide bushes sticking out from flooring
i could put wheat seed in 1 of the 4
even if 80% of bushes are brown, they plant more and put soil only on the ones sticking out of flooring then never water it

btw this turned into complaining topic and the only things that answer this "Or something amazing that the masses could not comprehend?"
got poofed

Board footer