One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-01 03:11:54

Anhigen

115 "Speech Box Phrases" you didn't know about!

With the most recent changes to property fences--you can now add boxes to them!--you may encounter fences and the tricky problem of ownership a little more frequently in your up coming runs! There's also been some changes to Cursing--you can now Curse once every half hour!--which means you might see a few more purple texts than you have previously. With all these changes it might be time to bone up on what special phrases you can say, and the power these words/characters have!

Ownership and Cursing, as well as Naming and Emotes, are all "commands" you can do through your speech box. OHOL has 115 unique phrases and commands--47 are used for sharing property rights alone!--and to help you remember them all there is a recently updated wiki!

The More You Know

Everyone talks about how great milk is, no one talks about how many bb cows you must let die...

#2 2019-10-01 04:02:45

pein

Re: 115 "Speech Box Phrases" you didn't know about!

Then what?, you only need one command the rest is either longer or it's just for people who can't write correctly or mistype it.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-10-01 06:36:44

miskas

CURSE YOU
You phrases; Targets nearest player.

Does this target the nearest Alive player OR I can curse a recently dead one too by standing on his corpse?

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#4 2019-10-01 06:39:20

fug

miskas wrote:

CURSE YOU
You phrases; Targets nearest player.

Does this target the nearest Alive player OR I can curse a recently dead one too by standing on his corpse?

Nearest alive player, had to specifically seek this one out myself because I wanted to curse a dead griefer but wouldn't have been old enough if I waited longer than the curse you phrase length.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#5 2019-10-01 07:20:52

miskas

This need to be taught to the player base or change!
A lot of players use curse you on dead bodies!

Jason!

Food value stats

#6 2019-10-01 08:46:40

st2019

Has there been a limitation of emotes in a specific amount of time? If I use AWBZ-Mod and try to spam my favourite "/ANGRY + /Mad" emotes, I'm for some time not longer able to use any emotes.

And thanks for the information about 30 minutes curses!

I'm an expert for: Sharp Stones

#7 2019-10-01 12:28:52

miskas

st2019 wrote:

Has there been a limitation of emotes in a specific amount of time?

Yes, I saw it on live dev changes on discord. Some days before, maybe a week.

Food value stats

#8 2019-10-01 12:59:29

BlueDiamondAvatar

st, yes.  If you use more than twenty, you are put on a minute long cooldown.

I miss my flutter hearts... /love, /happy back and forth.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#9 2019-10-01 13:02:24

BlueDiamondAvatar

Also... I tell people to just never use the "curse you".  I've seen it go wrong faaaar more than I've seen it go right.  You never know when your loving daughter is going to run up next to you.

Jason increased the time limit for cursing a dead player, so you should always be able to say the full name later.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#10 2019-10-01 16:55:42

Saolin

Hmm thanks for posting this, I had no idea there were so many options for some of these commands!

So if I say "curse my baby", it will always be the youngest one, correct? Not the nearest or next youngest if dead already?

#11 2019-10-01 19:19:50

fug

Saolin wrote:

Hmm thanks for posting this, I had no idea there were so many options for some of these commands!

So if I say "curse my baby", it will always be the youngest one, correct? Not the nearest or next youngest if dead already?

Curse my baby is the one that applies to the last born baby to you (dead or alive.) Basically you only use that command if the most recent baby has been a pain.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#12 2019-10-01 19:44:16

Anhigen

Saolin wrote:

And I had no idea about several of the commands! For instance, I didn't know there was a mechanic to just pass things down directly to my kids. Or that I could curse my runner baby!

We're not always going to be update on EVERYTHING but somethings get left behind because we develop such a shorthand for what we talk about, on the boards and in the game. Remembering that, contrary to popular belief, there's new players constantly joining--who might not have been there through all of the updates and know all the tweaks--is important!

Sure, most of these commands are just iterations but I don't play Eve every run and coming up with a name could freak me out. Like, "What was it that they said in the tutorial I played six weeks ago?? How the fuck do I do this?? Oh great! I already have a BB!" It's good that the game has multiple ways of understanding what you're trying to do, most of these commands are important after all, and maybe that particular command phrase makes better sense to you when you write it out this way instead of that.

Everyone talks about how great milk is, no one talks about how many bb cows you must let die...

#13 2019-10-01 20:00:55

jasonrohrer
Administrator

You forgot one:

/NET

Shows network packet stats.

#14 2019-10-02 19:07:50

Anhigen

jasonrohrer wrote:

You forgot one:

/NET

Shows network packet stats.

Aha, now my next post can have the clickbait title of one hundred and SIXTEEN speech box phrases you didnt' know about!

Thanks

Last edited by Anhigen (2019-10-02 19:08:13)

Board footer