One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-16 08:52:56

Vexenie

War cry

I looked at the toog-radish war, and while looking at the running pictures.
If Radish had bring more swords, then some people may have been able to fight as well, making it a bloodbath in the city.

To prevent sudden annihilation, I think a war cry should be implemented.

The war cry is similar to the shift key in killing other players, but you have to actually say it.
To attack another family, which is war, you'll need to say: "War!" Just war!, that all

Saying War! will alert all players in a 500-1000 tile radius
The Text in the white bubble will be orange, so it looks like this: "War!"
The text bubble will be shown in the radius, towards the saying player
While some of the first encountered players might die, the other players, who are farther away, will have a chance to run away to safety.

I thought of this as a safety precaution, as when I saw the city, IT HAD STONE WALL AROUND THE CITY!
That's an amazing feat of teamwork and building legacy.

I enjoy the simpler things in life, but only if I'm calm.

#2 2019-06-16 09:26:38

CatX

Re: War cry

I agree.

I would like it if you had to declare war before war swords worked, and that everyone in both families were alerted.

And instead of no cursing outsiders at all, the rule could be that you can't curse members of a family you're at war with.

Perhaps to end the war, two people from the opposing families need to drop a war sword and declare "peace!", and the war is over. Swords no longer work.

#3 2019-06-16 09:48:19

Vexenie

CatX wrote:

I agree.

I would like it if you had to declare war before war swords worked, and that everyone in both families were alerted.

And instead of no cursing outsiders at all, the rule could be that you can't curse members of a family you're at war with.

Perhaps to end the war, two people from the opposing families need to drop a war sword and declare "peace!", and the war is over. Swords no longer work.

Your peace command is a great idea!

As war will look like this: War!

Then peace will look like this: Peace!

#4 2019-06-16 09:55:13

Guppy

i would love it if at least 3 or so people would have to declare war before it would work. This way, it would be alot harder for a single griefer to start a "race war" in a village

#5 2019-06-16 12:43:35

Joseph Stalin

it seems too gamey imo

#6 2019-06-16 12:46:40

Vexenie

Joseph Stalin wrote:

it seems too gamey imo

Yeah, we didn't in the old times declare, but now, a country needs to declare war to battle an another country.

#7 2019-06-16 17:07:01

pein

well is a huge problem that you don't see people alive or dead ingame

whatever made it into his addon to show people die in the 30x30 and if someone has born

right now you cant see if someone coming, and same thing as in "duels"
people who jump on you got the advantage of surprise, the advantage of magic aim and quite easy to disarm a whole town unsuspecting of attack

also any  8 year old can kill someone and others can interpret it as a family war

the main Toogood camp had a visitor lady, had one daughter, one old guy stab the girl before he die
now at this point we couldn't save her and  as a new camp , we had no policy about foreigners
but once the mother killed one of us we killed her and his bro in return

so would need to consider families as a group, and either by a leader or by democratic voting, start a war
also a kill from a family with a withness should show up like
A killed B
then the person who seen the grave and the killer could state it with an alarm sound
but i would heavily prefer that fmaily A votes on a war, family B gets a war threaty
they can prepare
peace could be the same
tribute to keep peace isn't something you can do right now but if trade becomes a thing, one family could pay taxes to other for a peace

a separate panel would show families someone seen
you could tick a box that War with tick a box of a family name
everyone could vote for 2-3 min
if you get 50% voters at least and half plus one says yes
then a war starts and the other family knows about it

to prevent spam, you need 10 min after a war been proposed to start new threaty with same family
except if any corpse is seen by someone
that resets timers
could show kill counts between so further generations can consider a peace based on that or revenge
if a family has all the people killed (or maybe all fertile women) they would eliminate the other family, and get some war bonus
but marked as a warrior family
would need some goal to befriend others
i mean learning language is nice but should be an unlock system where people can unlock certain words by typing "Hi - Ty"
if they type Hi again both know what it means

learning 300 words would give a peace point to family so they can make a final peace, merging the families together oficially

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-06-17 05:01:33

ollj

radish went to war with 5, they brought three swords and one knife, it was close to max carrying capacity on depature, and roughly half of the village population depatured to never return, but to fight and live elsewere.
fun part was the 2 fertile females from the start and one early daughter born, she got to wield the knife on arrival.

the main purpose of the war chanting was to know whwere everyone of the growing constantly pregnant asnd constantly moving groups is, so that people do not get lost.
it was a seventen minute walk, starting with a group of 5, ending with a group of 12.

and it was a one sided bloodbath.

i was the blue shirt boy:
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewt … 794#p64794

Last edited by ollj (2019-06-17 05:05:59)

#9 2019-06-17 08:51:49

sigmen4020

Joseph Stalin wrote:

it seems too gamey imo

Aren’t war swords ability to only kill outsiders really gamey too. I for one would like if there was a way to warned about random outsiders coming to kill you.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#10 2019-06-17 13:51:34

MistressZues

This right here, this asshole, I thought of him as my Husband and after years of living among us... He slaughtered our children and our grandchild, later I was reborn to a cousin. She was already dying when I was born, I tried to run to find someone to feed me but the only survivors were to far away In our second town I starved running from boss.   

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4809168

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#11 2019-06-17 14:01:36

CatX

MistressZues wrote:

This right here, this asshole, I thought of him as my Husband and after years of living among us... He slaughtered our children and our grandchild, later I was reborn to a cousin. She was already dying when I was born, I tried to run to find someone to feed me but the only survivors were to far away In our second town I starved running from boss.

Awww... this is why so many kill any and all strangers on sight. There really is no reason to allow them to stay.

Jason. Do something, please! There is no point in having different families close by. They just get killed off. And it does nothing to solve the former griefer problem, in-family griefers still exist as well.

Strangers need a boost. A benefit to having them around. Or a way to assimilate them peacefully into a family so that they can be cursed just like any other family member. If not, they're just there to be killed, and then they might as well not be there at all.

#12 2019-06-17 18:08:51

WumboJumbo

CatX wrote:
MistressZues wrote:

Awww... this is why so many kill any and all strangers on sight. There really is no reason to allow them to stay.

Jason. Do something, please! There is no point in having different families close by. They just get killed off. And it does nothing to solve the former griefer problem, in-family griefers still exist as well.

Strangers need a boost. A benefit to having them around. Or a way to assimilate them peacefully into a family so that they can be cursed just like any other family member. If not, they're just there to be killed, and then they might as well not be there at all.

We need some sort of peace treaty item.

#13 2019-06-18 17:44:06

jasonrohrer
Administrator

This is an interesting idea.

In the other thread, before I read this, I thought that War Cry would simply be sound that came out of you (even off-screen, if you're zoomed out) when you enter the KILL state. So you can hear that angry person coming.

The need to declare war is interesting, but a little messy... especially the part about how the war ends.  If 3 people need to declare it, who ends it?  Is it declared unilaterally?  And then both sides are at war?  Can it be ended unilaterally?  Certainly not, right?  They'd say WAR and you'd say PEACE and end it right away.

I can also imagine people gaming this and declaring war and peace over and over as needed, unless there was a forced time for each (war lasts 10 minutes at least, peace lasts 10 minutes at least).

And I hear you about curses only not working on war enemies....

#14 2019-06-18 17:52:16

ollj

peace pipe tobacco for inter-tribal meetings?

Board footer