One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-02 15:25:38

Stylingirl

Community Crucible Modded Server

That’s right! You may or may not have heard about 2HOL, but here comes another modded server. The Community Crucible Mod(CCM) server is a mod made for the community, by the community!
We have our own discord https://discord.gg/SMhUnG3 and server status page http://crucible.oho.life/reflector/serv … ion=report

Just download it here http://crucible.oho.life/download/clientBuilds/ and enter your login email and key from OHOL for access. We may make extra purchasable accounts available later, but for now, if you own OHOL you can play this for free. If you bought the game on steam, use the automated email and the key from your OHOL download link http://onehouronelife.com/steamGate/ser … nload_link

Our Mission
This server wasn’t made to bash Jason and his game, nor is it meant to be wildly different from the vanilla game. We simply wanted to prove that the community can contribute viable solutions to OHOL. CCM will try to stay updated with vanilla OHOL and add new content and mechanics as often as our team can.

Let us know about your idea suggestions and any bugs/missing transitions you find in the discord to help us out. Not all ideas will be approved

What’s in our modded server? Well here’s the list of current removals, additions, and changes.

(-) Removed iron and gold veins
(-) Currently no war swords or languages due to this version being behind, we will eventually get it updated to include these
(-) Removed the inability to curse foreign lineages
(-) Server food bonus (not yum bonus) removed

(+) Added ore veins, acts the same as iron veins but spawn in every biome, yields multiple minerals and ores, and chances are based on what biome the vein is located in

FluxBB bbcode test

(+) Water sources unique to each biome act the same as ponds
(+) Dry water sources can be made into well sites
(+) New player models
(+) Added edible ingredients:

• Cooked beans

• Tomatoes

• Hot peppers

• Bowl of carnitas

• Cooked tortillas

(+) Added flint and steel, using flint and steel on tinder makes smoldering tinder, can be separated by hitting with sharp stone or stone
(+) Pork can now be made into cooked pork and pork pie the same as mutton
(+) Accounts that are deemed to have too many kills, curses, or visits to donkey town will be permanently BANNED from the modded server at the discretion of the devs, appeals can be made on the discord server but will not be guaranteed approval
(+) Added reservoir, made by shovelling floor stakes, can hold a bucket of water and is used in farming, shovelling a dry reservoir turns it into empty tile
(+)Wet compost turns into composted soil within 3 minutes, but only yields 4 soil baskets instead of the normal 7
(+)Pine needles, sugarcane, and tule can be used to make compost and baskets
(+)Added shelves and wall shelves, iron wire made by running iron rod through draw plate, iron nails made by running iron wire through firing newcomen lathe. Boards added to wall, then add nails and hit with mallet to make wall shelf. Add nails to big stack of boards, hit with mallet to make big shelf. Big shelf can hold 9 big items, wall shelf can hold 3 big items. Both can be torn down with an adze.

(~) Eve spiral is now 100 instead of 200
(~) Hunger drain is now half as fast
(~) Biomes are now 10 times larger
(~) All bowls, tacos, turkey, buckets, and kraut board are now containable
(~) Whole milk bucket now takes 90 seconds to turn to bucket of separated milk bucket instead of 40 seconds
(~) Tree saplings take 30 minutes to turn into trees instead of 1 hour
(~) Trees grow branches and pine needles in 30 minutes instead of 1 hour
(~) Fruiting milkweed debris turns into milkweed stump in 3 minutes instead of 10
(~) Wild gooseberries take 5 mins instead of 10 to respawn

Biome Viability
With the biomes being so far apart it must be impossible to properly survive since you can’t reach every resource you need, right? Wrong. Each biome (except for desert and tundra) will now be viable for survival and capable of allowing players to farm and forge iron.

Saplings, flint, iron ore, big rocks, stone, clay deposits, and flat rocks now all spawn in every biome.

Grasslands

• Vernal pool - Water source

• Pine needles - Can be used to make adobe and baskets like tule

• Rabbit hole also spawns in grasslands

• Bowl of gooseberries and onion can be mashed for compost

• Spinach - Wild and dried spinach can be planted, ripe planted spinach dries into dried spinach

Swamp

• Elm tree- Straight branch and leaf source

• Willow tree- Curved branch source

• Balsam tree - Bow branch source

• Bald cypress tree now yields moss which acts as tinder

• Poor soil deposit - Currently no different from fertile soil

• Muskrat hole - Snarable fur source like rabbits

• Cattails - Can be collected from ponds and eaten

• Wild alfalfa - Can be eaten

• Wild asparagus - Can be cut into seeds and planted or eaten

• Wild rice - Can be harvested and acts like tule, threshed rice can be gathered in bowl and planted into dry reservoirs or put into simmering water to make cooked rice

• Wild cranberries - Can be eaten or cut into seeds then planted into dry reservoirs, watered with bowl or pouch, then the sprouts are submerged in a bucket of water, the berries can be threshed off the plant and collected in bowls, the water is collected with a bucket, two bowls of dirt are added, then can be resubmerged with bucket of water to loop again, the dry adult plants can be removed with a shovel

• Asparagus and bowl of cranberries can be mashed for compost

Prairie

• Field maple tree - Straight branch and leaf source

• Juniper tree - Curved branch and tinder source

• Osage orange tree - Bow branch source and wild osage oranges

• Poor soil deposit also spawns in prairie

• Prairie pothole - Water source

• Carrot and bowl of dried beans can be mashed for compost

• Milkweed spawns here

Badlands

• Pine tree - Straight branch source

• Cedar tree- Curved branch and tinder source

• Hickory - Bow branch and leaf source

• Pine needles - Can be used to make adobe and baskets like tule

• Rocky soil deposit - Currently no different from fertile soil

• Muskrat hole also spawns in badlands

• Natural spring - Water source

• Nettles - thread and rope source

• Burdock also spawns here

• Turnips - Behave the same as carrots, 3 turnip greens can be cooked in crock with pork

• Zucchini - Behaves similar to squash except seeds are cut with flint and knife

• Turnip and cabbage can be mashed together for compost

Jungle

• Jelutong tree - Straight branch and leaf source

• Kapok tree - Curved branch and tinder source

• Bubinga tree - Bow branch source

• Sugarcane - Can be used to make adobe and baskets like tule

• Fertile soil deposit also spawns in jungle

• Ground squirrel  hold also spawns in jungle

• Watering hole - Water Source

• Tomato and pepper can be mashed together for compost

• Banana tree can be farmed similar to mango tree

If it looks like some objects look the same as others, don’t be worried! About half of the current added content has placeholder art but functions no different than it’s supposed to. This is very much still a work in progress made by people who contribute their spare time to this mod and all of the art will eventually be added.

This is only the beginning as we have much more content and mechanics planned, although our update schedule may not be as frequent. Can you code or draw and are interested in contributing? Contact us in the discord server to see if you can help out!

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoy this alternate take to OHOL and we hope to see you around for a while!

#2 2019-06-02 15:30:11

RodneyC86

Re: Community Crucible Modded Server

Wow this looks awesome. Will definitely pop in at some point. Looks like this could be a nice sandbox for some creative building

#3 2019-06-02 15:33:03

Tarr
Banned

Half pip drain rate seems a little weak sauce, but everything else looks great. Going to check it out whenever I get the chance.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-06-02 15:37:19

Stylingirl

Thank ya'll, and yes Tarr I made an error in typing it haha, it's meant to be twice as slow not the other way around, so hunger pips decrease slower than normal. And right now I believe our final version is currently in the middle of building so it may be a hot minute before the server is live.

#5 2019-06-02 15:40:45

RodneyC86

Stylingirl wrote:

Thank ya'll, and yes Tarr I made an error in typing it haha, it's meant to be twice as slow not the other way around, so hunger pips decrease slower than normal. And right now I believe our final version is currently in the middle of building so it may be a hot minute before the server is live.

I think he actually preferred to keep the drain rate the same.
Honestly hunger is already largely a non issue for a reasonably experienced player.

With so much food options in this new server, we would like to get hungry faster to try the delicacies =P

#6 2019-06-02 15:41:53

Tarr
Banned

RodneyC86 wrote:
Stylingirl wrote:

I think he actually preferred to keep the drain rate the same.
Honestly hunger is already largely a non issue for a reasonably experienced player.

With so much food options in this new server, we would like to get hungry faster to try the delicacies =P

Yeah, I prefer normal pip drain rate but that's not going to deter me from giving it a shot.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2019-06-02 15:49:05

Stylingirl

Well it's still a work in progress, a lot of experiments going on. We don't know how the slow drain will affect villages bc we haven't had any villages yet lol

#8 2019-06-02 15:49:41

RodneyC86

Stylingirl wrote:

Well it's still a work in progress, a lot of experiments going on. We don't know how the slow drain will affect villages bc we haven't had any villages yet lol

Don't worry, it's cool. Will pop in tomorrow. Promise

#9 2019-06-02 16:04:17

Left4twenty

Unpaid beta testing, but with "fun"

Be strong.
Mother loves you.

#10 2019-06-02 16:09:02

Tarr
Banned

RodneyC86 wrote:
Stylingirl wrote:

Don't worry, it's cool. Will pop in tomorrow. Promise

Yeah I wouldn't listen to a stickler like me, play with your settings at your own pace. Being a little easy for me isn't something you should probably balance around anyways.

When downloading the windows v10 zip attempting to launch the game for the first time the client crashes upon reaching the end of loading transitions. Attempting to delete all the cache files and relaunching again leads to the client failing to get passed the transitions state of loading (made sure the folder isn't write only, deleted all the cache files to rebuild, tried deleting only the transition cache folder.) Not sure what the issue is currently but I'm sure it'll get figured out.

Last edited by Tarr (2019-06-02 16:13:48)

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-06-02 16:14:44

Stylingirl

If you download the other versions I'm sure it will download just fine, we did hit a snag so we're updating to v11 which should appear to be available to download soon, if not you can download the earlier versions.

#12 2019-06-02 16:45:37

Spoonwood

I'd almost prefer a higher pip drain rate myself than Jason's.  It's not about challenge, but having a reason to eat and make more food types.  Like I've thought about intentionally playing naked, since with clothing I need under 20 meals for what I've done on a low pop server most of the time, or around 20 if I get born as a child.  But, then it leads to the effect of my food bar just running out faster than I would like, the whole thing you experience as a naked or barely clothed Eve "omg... I just have to keep on eating and eating" that even if it could mean I could eat more of the available foods in a life, I just won't go naked.

Anyone who can yum and knows how to do it to a significant extent probably isn't someone you want to balance around also.  I do recall it took me a while to get that it would have benefits.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#13 2019-06-02 16:51:14

DestinyCall

This looks really cool.  I'll be checking it out!

#14 2019-06-02 16:53:15

kittykatthegreat

Will zoom be available in this mod? if so I'd give it a shot.

#15 2019-06-02 16:53:36

Stylingirl

Spoonwood wrote:

I'd almost prefer a higher pip drain rate myself than Jason's.  It's not about challenge, but having a reason to eat and make more food types.  Like I've thought about intentionally playing naked, since with clothing I need under 20 meals for what I've done on a low pop server most of the time, or around 20 if I get born as a child.  But, then it leads to the effect of my food bar just running out faster than I would like, the whole thing you experience as a naked or barely clothed Eve "omg... I just have to keep on eating and eating" that even if it could mean I could eat more of the available foods in a life, I just won't go naked.

Anyone who can yum and knows how to do it to a significant extent probably isn't someone you want to balance around also.  I do recall it took me a while to get that it would have benefits.

But is eating the main goal of the game? Isn't it a good thing that you don't have to eat as much to survive in a village? Don't societies gradually shift from being mainly agriculture to technology and services? If less people spend time eating and making food, and more time building technology and cities, then in my opinion I would say it's worth not having the game be as difficult.

#16 2019-06-02 17:37:26

wondible

I'd been thinking about running a big biome experiment, I guess this will do.

Is the client code different, or only data different? I'd be sad if I had to go back to bouncing off trees or click spamming to run.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#17 2019-06-02 17:50:51

Tarr
Banned

Just some things I noticed playing for my first hour.

-None of the new trees have the transition to cut down the trees.
-Wild cranberries use the sound of growing berry bushes whenever you pick one. (the classic bew-bew-bew sound or whatever you want to call it whenever the grow from the sprouting to bush form.)
-Food seems a little rough at first if you aren't watching due to server wide bonus being gone, however seems to be enough food to make up for this.
-Basket of rocky soil is held at crotch level which makes it look like you're wearing them unlike the normal hold animation for soil which is closer to the chest.
-Basalm shaft + sharp rock gives you the bow shaft but it eats the sharp rock.
-Basalm bow is held really funny looking.
-No eating sound whenever you eat a cattail.
-No eating sound for asparagus. Also makes the sound of cutting wood when dug instead of burdock sound.
-No eating sound for wild spinach.
-Poor soil pit once emptied and worms removed cannot be dug for more soil.
-Can't seemingly plant cranberries.
-New ginger models have off colored bits (penises and a breast.)
-Can't eat grown spinach.

Overall, very nostalgic of how the game originally played with all the different stuff to go and try.

Last edited by Tarr (2019-06-02 20:50:30)

fug it’s Tarr.

#18 2019-06-02 17:59:25

Stylingirl

Yeah, I can guarantee you that cranberries are only the tip of the iceberg with misplaced or missing sounds. I'll have to double check why the basket is different, and I know why we removed the cut down transition for the new trees. We can make the changes but fixing them means closing the server and rebuliding the client, which isn't fully automated and takes at least half an hour so for today I think we won't be making any fixes. If anyone else has bug reports, we have a channel in our discord dedicated to that.

#19 2019-06-02 18:01:03

BerrypickerAF

Awesome! should throw it on steam and the subreddit too smile

Last edited by BerrypickerAF (2019-06-02 18:05:10)

#20 2019-06-02 18:03:12

Tarr
Banned

Stylingirl wrote:

Yeah, I can guarantee you that cranberries are only the tip of the iceberg with misplaced or missing sounds. I'll have to double check why the basket is different, and I know why we removed the cut down transition for the new trees. We can make the changes but fixing them means closing the server and rebuliding the client, which isn't fully automated and takes at least half an hour so for today I think we won't be making any fixes. If anyone else has bug reports, we have a channel in our discord dedicated to that.

No rushes on the fixes, I'm sure I'll find more stuff as I play around with it. I'll just keep updating whatever I find.

fug it’s Tarr.

#21 2019-06-02 18:09:48

Stylingirl

kittykatthegreat wrote:

Will zoom be available in this mod? if so I'd give it a shot.

Yes, other mods are currently supported and can be added to the modded server.

#22 2019-06-02 18:22:35

Friendly Isopod

This looks awesome. I will try this when I get the chance.

And I like that hunger decays more slowly. In the main game it can be hard to get anything done sometimes with how often you have to eat.

#23 2019-06-02 18:28:44

Amon

this is genuinely nice sounding!

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#24 2019-06-02 21:22:05

kittykatthegreat

How do you add the zoom mod to this? Or is there a lot to it?

#25 2019-06-02 21:23:20

Stylingirl

kittykatthegreat wrote:

How do you add the zoom mod to this? Or is there a lot to it?

The same way you normally add zoom mod to vanilla OHOL.

Board footer