One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-29 22:07:54

Amon

Another means for new surnames

One of the reason why people like to eve is surnames.

Perhaps with a relative distantly enough unrelated, or an unrelated individuač, one could marry them and either take the husband's name or both make up their own agreed upon surname.
Kids get added to both lineages and are thus linked.

Might make some interesting brewing mechanisms, especially since getting a person to marry requires some courting and agreement, and when people make a very shortlived bond they tend to stick with it since most everyone else is a stranger.

Family matters, being good parents matters, and having a feature cater and encourage such behaviour is only a plus.
and the making of new surnames to diversify populations again. Fatherhood is good. With married couples men are instantly roped into taking care of the children, either guiding them, naming them or teaching and helping them. This would also give men a means to having their owl children and not having to look for your spouse seperatedly in the family tree.

Most people would still preffer to work over getting into elaborate roleplay though haha...

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#2 2019-05-29 22:11:27

futurebird

Re: Another means for new surnames

I like this idea. You both say "We are the NEW_LAST_NAMEs" while standing near each other and you start a new family. The kids could look like either parent...

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#3 2019-05-29 22:30:48

Keyin

The city dwellers immediately lunge at you with their swords

#4 2019-05-29 22:37:06

lychee

Keyin wrote:

The city dwellers immediately lunge at you with their swords

Getting killed for love is totally worth it

#5 2019-05-30 01:41:32

Amon

If it gives us drama i'm game

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#6 2019-05-30 01:50:11

Grim_Arbiter

Ive seen this and middle names be brought up before. I'd support both, but not if it would take a bit of work that could be put somewhere else right now.

Also there are first names on the list that are two part names. Some I've been using lately are Brooklynmarie and Blakelee.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#7 2019-05-30 03:06:03

pein

lets just renounce from a family. maybe you need to put down every single clothing piece and go out of town 200 away then you can renounce from the family, losing the fmaily name and you can name yourself again.  this would make pseudo eve runs a bit more fair and would feel more like an eve run.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer