One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-21 09:57:16

pein

Eve etiquette

So i was in dung fmaily and kileld 2 Eves running in, we raised their kids and they were useful

First one came in, say nothing, pick up pack, pick off the half fur from a prepared pack ( i didn't make it cause the population wasn't there yet, and deays later if made later)
makes herself a shirt
then pickign up the pads from bowl
i follow her and tell "hi", "no", no reaction, when she grab the horse too i stab her

Second came in and looked friendly but still has no name, and the second thing she touches was a steel rod
it been changed, so you need to heat it up to make sword, but still, we were making charcoal to deplete the well, cause we already had engine

so if no one pays attention then she just makes a sword and kills all our girls, so i couldn't risk it

the other thing is when the whole city is walled, your ancestors maybe had a problem with others

you can be friends, for 1-2 genertions then some asshole gonna start killing and one fmaily dies out anyway, or maybe both

the area ban applies anyway, the ones who tlak a lot arent that useful, not like people who tlak the same language can coordinate work any better but talking to others makes a lot of people useless

so if you are an Eve walking in to other family teritory, don't hoard the clothes and resources, don't wield weapons, name yourself and communicate at least., and possibly don't overpopulate.

If you are a kid of an Eve in minority, is best to make an outpost using duplicate tools and inimal resources, each spring is 40 away then go 3 springs away, maybe make a road, this can skip area ban.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-05-21 11:30:44

Keyin

Re: Eve etiquette

I may have been there with you. We were fenced in a nice little area, and both eves ended up having a daughter who we raised. I was the one who re-setup the gates on the west and north, and spent a good amount of time trying to give everyone permission.

#3 2019-05-21 12:06:23

Potjeh

Why would you ever want someone around you that can use a sword on you and that you can't curse? Kill all foreigners as soon as you see them, it's the only rational option.

Last edited by Potjeh (2019-05-21 12:06:43)

#4 2019-05-21 12:49:14

futurebird

Potjeh wrote:

Why would you ever want someone around you that can use a sword on you and that you can't curse? Kill all foreigners as soon as you see them, it's the only rational option.

Because people are the most powerful resource in the game. Killing fertile women who could keep your town going is dooming the town. For the most part you are as likely to give birth to an irrational murder as you are to have one walk in to town. I think everything Pein said makes sense, though.

I want more people in my town. I want their knowledge and hard work.

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-05-21 13:44:11

OZZYGECKO

yes, i was the first eve's kid (bb dung) , it sucks so many eves have become griefers, btw thanks for not killing me smile

I name my first daughters azalea, you may know me...

#6 2019-05-21 16:50:57

Guppy

I was in that family a few hours ago, did anyone else notice the graves south of the village that said they're like 1450 years old?

#7 2019-05-21 17:06:16

futurebird

Guppy wrote:

I was in that family a few hours ago, did anyone else notice the graves south of the village that said they're like 1450 years old?

I think you were my kid! I kept going on about "where's the oil" and you told me about the graves. They were very strange. That town was wonderful.

---
omnem cibum costis

#8 2019-05-21 18:21:28

pein

if a person is reasonable i wont kill him/her
i think im fine with boys, but the other game slightly annoyed me that most of the town became theirs, and they were hogging resources from us

but this time i just kept close eye on the kids, we had a girl from first eve, she totally ignore her, just went straight for the clothes

and u seemed understanding of the situation Ozzy, the old lady almost stab me on cooldown, even if we both told her that she is unrelated

the ginger kid was very cute with her accent, told soemthing like "theys are goud people"

even if you name them they still not related, even if you are ok, few gen later someone makes a sword and can just kill everyone

or like in the other life happened, someone killed a ginger girl kid, then ofc i kill her, then my uncle was actign weird again so i had enough of him, then the other lady just stab another girl kid, 2 baby girl ran away to suicide, and a guy killed me as last female of our line

now i used sword isntead of knife, had both, but why should i spend more time on cooldown , they stil ldont care, a kill is a kill and im unrelated
so as long as anyone has one or two swords, it's just a ticking bomb

the only time you are better off with other fmaily when they got muliple girls and you barely any

still more of an rng, as they can just as simply born to you as for them, so that temporary female boost shouldn't matter most cases

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#9 2019-05-21 22:15:36

Guppy

futurebird wrote:
Guppy wrote:

I think you were my kid! I kept going on about "where's the oil" and you told me about the graves. They were very strange. That town was wonderful.

Sorry, wasnt me then, but i showed the graves to alot of people.
My mom was a baker, but the oil rig was set up during my lifetime

#10 2019-05-22 22:16:49

futurebird

TIPS FOR GOOD EVES:

-bring a child with you to town. The child can help you understand what they are saying and if they are hostile.
-Smile! Then do some simple chore like putting soil and water on berries, collecting kindling
-consider bringing a gift but be careful people can mistake gifts for stealing.

---
omnem cibum costis

Board footer