One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-08 12:57:25

Mushroom

Dear my suicidal daughter (Ro family)

I hope you get the same life as I did.

I was born as a last girl in Ro family. Made ton of steel during my childhood and soon I would start getting babies.
Everyone but me was dead and then I hit adulthood with boosted temp and 10x yum chain.

Then I kept getting suicidal babies. They kept using /die and out of FUCKING FOURTEEN KIDS only THREE stayed. But it wasn't that simple. I also got the same person being constantly reborn to me as a girl, and FUCKING RUNNING AWAY insted of using /die. I followed her and tried to explain that she can use /die instead of ruining my cooldown, but nooo. I know it was the same person because they did exactly the same thing - run away while writing "S R Y". Fuck you. You succesfully ended my lineage with only three BOYS deciding to stay by refusing to /die three times in a row. I suicided when I hit fourty, leaving my sons, who wanted to prepare the place for future, potential Eve. I didn't feel like, cause my game experiance was ruined by then.

What is funny that even one of my boys tried to get reborn to me as a girl when I was 38. He did it 3 times and all of them ended by him being a boy...

Can we get a new mechanic, so when you get 35-39 the chance of getting a girl is higher? I think it would save lots of lineages, which die out without their fault.

Dickbutt

#2 2019-05-08 13:46:55

sigmen4020

Re: Dear my suicidal daughter (Ro family)

I absolutely loathe runners who keep coming back to ruin your baby pool. Every time I get the opportunity I try to stab any runner kid I see(away from town obviously) to hit them with area ban they rightly deserve. I am almost convinced that a lot of the runner kids are trying to ruin towns on purpose at this point.

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#3 2019-05-08 17:43:14

Jk Howling

This is why I happily pull a knife and stab those little fucks. If you're not gonna lineage ban yourself from my town, I will gladly do it for you.

-Has ascended to better games-

#4 2019-05-09 01:20:46

FeignedSanity

Honestly had no idea that /die reset the birth cooldown, (probably one of the many changes that happened while I was on hiatus). Are we sure that's a thing?

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#5 2019-05-09 04:40:08

MultiLife

FeignedSanity wrote:

Honestly had no idea that /die reset the birth cooldown, (probably one of the many changes that happened while I was on hiatus). Are we sure that's a thing?

/die has reset the mom's cooldown since it was added. But when it was made usable without mothers holding you, it was overlooked and now you won't reset the mom's cooldown if you /die on the ground.

Still resets if you /die in her arms like it always did.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-05-09 04:41:11)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#6 2019-05-09 05:08:20

pein

i was precious

we made a pen near the first spring, got sheep, and i was getting stuff done until the girl had 4 kids and we planted a giant milkweed feed
was in a quite good shape, sent the only guy to get a horse, hope he did it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2019-05-09 05:44:18

FeignedSanity

MultiLife wrote:

/die has reset the mom's cooldown since it was added. But when it was made usable without mothers holding you, it was overlooked and now you won't reset the mom's cooldown if you /die on the ground.

Still resets if you /die in her arms like it always did.

/die wasn't a thing when I played back then. But that's good to know. I didn't know any of this, so thanks for the information.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#8 2019-05-09 07:57:03

pedrito confesiones

big f

CoNtEnT

Bottom text

#9 2019-05-09 13:14:59

JonySky
Website

/ die restores the fertility time ... but the current use of / die is so exaggerated that it does not help much ...

in a stable life, controlling the YUM and the temperature you can have an average of about 6 or 7 children

most times of those 7 children only 2 or 3 do not use / die

there is a post with good ideas to solve it, but players should know that they are doing the work of serial killers ... of entire families

Yesterday I was playing in a city not very advanced.
They had water and food, it was fine.
I decided to create a bit of chaos ... but there was no need
When I was about to put my plan into operation, I realized that there were no more fertile women ...
the suicide players did the work for me ...

Last edited by JonySky (2019-05-09 13:19:11)

#10 2019-05-09 13:30:31

Amon

Perhaps putting a knife in your backpack and making a property fence aroun the nusery would've helped containing those runners so you can rightfully so...stab them.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#11 2019-05-09 13:49:25

JonySky
Website

Amon wrote:

Perhaps putting a knife in your backpack and making a property fence aroun the nusery would've helped containing those runners so you can rightfully so...stab them.

hahaha, I never stain my hands with blood ...

#12 2019-05-09 15:30:32

Peaches

That's a good but sad idea, make a habit of surrounding your workspace with fencing so you can murder runner babies.

The Frank to your Cleopatra

#13 2019-05-09 16:05:25

Amon

The murdering is optional.
I did get to contain a baby before that was a runner and i told them to use the /die command instead, and i scolded them for wasting my fertility with running.

They actually then decided to stay and lived hapilly and productively.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#14 2019-05-09 16:15:53

Jk Howling

Lol I managed to grab a baby before she could run the other night. She definitely was going to make a run for it, saw her start to right before I picked her up.

I just held her until she got impatient enough to /die.

It was pretty satisfying.

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer