One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-09 22:36:10

hmrka

Story of Reviving BellTown

I was born as Belle Palin, and my mom was afk... Nothing interesting happend, I became friends with one girl and then she killed a guy who was being sexist towards her, then she got stabbed...

As I was 13 years old I yoinked the horse and drove to bell town. I made it at age 35 and managed to have one girl and a boy.

unknown.png

I started a fire in the town, but we had no sheep... I told my daughter that I'll suicide and try to get born as her kid and she agreed.

unknown.png

I was her only girl kid, so I didn't go get the sheep, I had to be safe, warm, and alive. I married my older brother and we had about ten children. All of them were girls!

My younger brother said very rude things, I assume he's from Toxic's 8 year old gang... So my mom aborted that little shit and we continiued living.

One of my daughters, My Palin, Came to me and told me someone wants to kill me. I knew something was up so I took the horse and 'followed' her. Then she tried to shoot me.

I got back and alerted everyone, about four people cursed her. She tried lying that I was the one who wanted to kill her, but I had a good reputation so nobody believed her.

Her pvp skills were very bad, she missed three times and eventually after losing all arrows she misclicked and put down her bow. I chased her out and even through I was 57, she was the one who starved.

I hoped for a worthy opponent, but It seems all people from toxic's discord server full of 8 year olds are shit at pvp. What a shame.

I got back home and said goodbyes to my loving family. Everyone was sweet and I loved em! Especially my husband-brother!

But I don't love My Palin. You're a huge dissapointment and not even good at pvp. git gud scrub. I really hope she reads this.

Loooong Live bell town! (its probably gonna die soon but am still proud of myself)

me: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4055448
and in my second life I was my own granddaughter

btw: the baby has a tail because I played around with some sprites.

Last edited by hmrka (2019-04-09 22:37:52)

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#2 2019-04-09 23:24:11

Amon

Re: Story of Reviving BellTown

Set some sheep free into the wilderness. They'll work as an emergency resere for whenever griefers kill them off.

Thats how I saved the pen once.

Also dang, disaster avoided big_smile !

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#3 2019-04-09 23:32:15

happynova

Thank you for bringing this place back!  It is still very dear to my heart, being the only town I've seen get remotely this big after watching it grow up from nearly nothing, and I wish for it to live forever.

Hope your descendants got their sheep!

#4 2019-04-10 06:11:10

pein

oh that's the wilson destro (not datri) city

was quite weird, when i got there we hit a bottleneck

i made the rails finished (had to open pen and replace the rails
i made first kerozene and springy door on nursery

also 2 people tried to kill me cause they had a knife and a bad excuse so me and mom took care of them
it was the secodn longest lineage but i guess  the longest city cause of the bell

Last edited by pein (2019-04-11 05:35:15)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-04-10 13:02:26

Chimera

Bell Town always revives itself and will never actually die. Too many people know where it's at, and it's resources are crazy. The only thing that dies in Bell Town is the ruling family.

#6 2019-04-10 13:47:49

Spoonwood

I like seeing and reading about what has gone on in belltown.  I hope it keeps on going.  I hope people also manage to build roads to it from surrounding villages.

I also hope Jason reads this post and realizes that some of his customer base would enjoy it if they could get reborn into the same spot and build up a town like belltown, or live their indefinitely.  And that Jason might take some measure so that people can do such in some way, while also not forcing people to get reborn into the same family or location.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#7 2019-04-10 17:26:59

ClownBaby

Chimera wrote:

Bell Town always revives itself and will never actually die. Too many people know where it's at, and it's resources are crazy. The only thing that dies in Bell Town is the ruling family.

Somewhat offtopic, but how do people know where towns are located?  Is it done by reading the game's location data or just recognizing the surroundings?  I know there are tons of suburbs around Bell Town, are you talking about the suburbs or people further out (1k+ tiles)?

#8 2019-04-10 18:54:30

Jk Howling

Man I'm so happy this place is still alive and kicking. I was the son of the eve who settled that area, and built most of the foundations of the initial camp. It's the first time I've witnessed an eve camp bloom into a full blown city and words can't describe how meaningful it makes the gameplay feel after so many lives of "eve camp, good spot, oh look they all died two gens later."

Glad you dealt with the griefer as well! The place seems to be a magnet for them unfortunately, as large towns tend to do ;; So long as we've got good players like you defending the place though, it'll keep going for sure.

Long live Belltown!

Here's a quick little transition from my first life there to my latest

-Has ascended to better games-

#9 2019-04-10 19:52:05

Spoonwood

Jk Howling wrote:

Man I'm so happy this place is still alive and kicking. I was the son of the eve who settled that area, and built most of the foundations of the initial camp. It's the first time I've witnessed an eve camp bloom into a full blown city and words can't describe how meaningful it makes the gameplay feel after so many lives of "eve camp, good spot, oh look they all died two gens later."

Glad you dealt with the griefer as well! The place seems to be a magnet for them unfortunately, as large towns tend to do ;; So long as we've got good players like you defending the place though, it'll keep going for sure.

Long live Belltown!

Here's a quick little transition from my first life there to my latest

Do you have a family tree from that family still?

Danish Clinch.

#10 2019-04-10 20:20:58

Jk Howling

Spoonwood wrote:

Do you have a family tree from that family still?

Lineage link.

I was Eve's son, Kimmy Wilson II. Made most of the camp while the eve came and went with the abandoned mining cart we'd found. Beyond a few banana runs to help get us by til the first carrots grew in, I'm not sure what she was really doing otherwise. Sisters were mostly out in the wilds for the first 20-30 mins, probably sticking closer to food sources. Mom brought them back once the initial carrots/berries were planted.

Also found Murdock Destro while out hunting for iron, and brought him back. He did some iron runs, helped finish sheep pen, and later got our mouflon. He asked to name a girl to keep his family name and it ended up sticking, thus creating the Wilson-Destro family.

-Has ascended to better games-

#11 2019-04-10 22:06:10

Spoonwood

Thanks for sharing Jk.  I met a Wilson lately on server12, but also Wilson as a name occurs commonly, so I have know idea if we met the same person.  Cart before a kiln sounds like a ridiculous jump.

Danish Clinch.

#12 2019-04-10 22:13:59

Chimera

ClownBaby wrote:
Chimera wrote:

Somewhat offtopic, but how do people know where towns are located?  Is it done by reading the game's location data or just recognizing the surroundings?  I know there are tons of suburbs around Bell Town, are you talking about the suburbs or people further out (1k+ tiles)?

Both. You see the bell tick when they ring it, after awhile you just know the direction of bell town.

#13 2019-04-11 05:49:05

pein

ClownBaby wrote:
Chimera wrote:

well if it lasts long enough and has a bell, people run toward it and maybe leave some marks
but even outposts are around, not sure, maybe the girls get lost and do pseudo eve runs

sure, you can spot it from game files too

for example i found the catalons from files, helped them out a bit
then next life i went over from coffee family and just walked back right into storm city with a girl
below 1000 you can do it with a horse multiple times, even take a girl on foot and arrive until has babies

if goes trough the day, you get the absolute coordinates, and can find out other absolute coordinates from other towns

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer