One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-07 15:14:11

The_Anabaptist

PvE challenges needed for established towns

I think established towns need additional latter game challenges of the PvE variety.  Here are some suggestions, of which I'm sure a few have been bandied about in the forums before.

1) Blight
If there are more than "X" number of berry bushes cultivated within a given "Y" area of the map, then a blight should be triggered.  Diseased bushes should appear, and the players need to identify and chop them down / dig them up within a given time, or more bushes develop the blight status.

2) Rats
If there are more than "X" number of piles of foodstuffs (things not in bowls, baskets, carts, etc.) within a given "Y" area of the map, then rats should be summoned.  These rats will run around camp eating these piles of foodstuffs until either the players knife them, or tamed dogs kill them off.

3) Fire
I've said it before, open campfires should have a chance to throw embers and burn up flammable items around it.  These flammable items should also be able to throw embers potentially cause a significant fire and heat hazard for overly cluttered towns.

I'm sure everyone can think of a few extra ones that might add some moderate challenges and spice up game play.

The_Anabaptist

#2 2019-04-07 21:08:57

Averest

Re: PvE challenges needed for established towns

Bring on Yersinia Pestis! Also known as Bubonic Plague.

Wait, no, we already have players who randomly stab people for kicks. Nevermind.

#3 2019-04-07 21:38:04

voy178

Yeah nah. Cities die too often anyways and it's not because of food shortages either.

#4 2019-04-07 21:40:37

Amon

if they are easy enough to avoid via...say buildings, it might just change some priority in town and dedicate a house as a granary.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#5 2019-04-07 21:49:51

Booklat1

voy178 wrote:

Yeah nah. Cities die too often anyways and it's not because of food shortages either.

that's the problem with most things in ohol tbh, food is mostly a non-factor

#6 2019-04-07 22:14:32

breezeknight

i would prefer first all things piled, stacked before rats start eating piles
after the last food update the whole improvement of the stackable carrots is out the window again
the complex clothing update didn't help either

but i would gladly welcome blight to the still spreading berry bush farm cancer if not from the start kept at bay with a neat limiting wooden border

- - -

#7 2019-04-08 13:50:54

pein

in tropico was a mechanic that if you had bad housing quality it catch fire or triggered a tornado, old parts of the city got accidents, which helped the player to reconsider rebuilding them or making new, improved versions

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer