One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-20 19:15:11

Mr.XIX

Close but no cigar

I'd like to be able to smoke a cigar in-game.
Is Jason pro or con-smoking in his game?

#2 2019-02-20 19:27:29

fragilityh14

Re: Close but no cigar

being as he put in mushrooms that make you trip, I imagine we'll ultimately get tobacco and alcohol etc. I'd be all about it, though I'm not sure what good purpose it could serve, I do kind of want more pointless but fun things.

You can deworm things by swallowing tobacco etc, that could be one use of it haha

I'll tell you what I tell all my children: Make basket, always carry food.

Listen to your mom!

#3 2019-02-21 08:12:27

pein

not sure about that, generally games arent allowed to use tobacco and alcohol  inside them
they need to limit the playerbase by age if they do so
i mean i seen unserious use of weed or cigars in el presidente mouth, but even a japanese hooker game which has zero nudity was 18+ rated for using cigars and drinks as mechanics of game
also i think League of legends had to remove the cigar from graves cause they cant popularize the use of them or make it look cool or something like that
i mean we got carton nudity which is rarely seen

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#4 2019-02-21 09:15:24

hmrka

What kind of suggestion is that... I think a drink with alcohol would be okay for yum bonus, and it should have a low chance of making the screen blurry. But smoking is uh... let's not add that, there are kids playing this game lol. And cigs are bad, they don't make you kool!
To prevent a 5 year old from drinking alcohol it could have a chance of poisoning them and it would work like yellow fewer, just without the temperature. It would slow them down, cut food bar in half. Maybe make them hungry a bit faster so they would need someone to take care of them if they want to survive.

Plz just keep your addictions out of the game lol.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#5 2019-02-21 09:29:11

Baker

Every time you smoke you get a yum boost but you lose one year of life every time. Something similar for alcohol.

Is it really illegal to smoke/drink underage within a game or is it just illegal to depict underage smoking/drinking?

If it's the latter then making these items only useable once your character is 18+ should be fine.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#6 2019-02-21 12:29:44

Peremptive

Mr. XIX maybe we should get some hennep and paper to roll it, or maybe he just adds the Border of de Kade to get your stuff ingame.

#7 2019-02-21 19:09:05

Falsewall

Baker wrote:

Every time you smoke you get a yum boost but you lose one year of life every time. Something similar for alcohol.

Is it really illegal to smoke/drink underage within a game or is it just illegal to depict underage smoking/drinking?

If it's the latter then making these items only useable once your character is 18+ should be fine.

Haha.  I love it.

#8 2019-02-21 23:18:24

wondaland

Not sure if it was the intention to add mushrooms but it is widely believed that early human use of psychedelics was the birth of creativity. Traces of LSD and fossilized poppies were found near early tools in Africa and south America. Tobacco and alcohol aren't really the same.

In regards to legal restrictionsrestriction... yea red dead 2 has alcohol and cigs but is 18+. Though this game is pretty mature when you think about it, I don't really think jason intends for children to play. Only issue is the headache associated with getting age restrictions approved.

Board footer