One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-03-17 08:57:38

Siolfor the Jackal

Re: Favorite moments

I have had many good lives with wonderful parents. But my favourite so far was from tonight.
It was just me, my mother and a slightly older brother. Our mother was an Eve and she had just found a nice empty village for us. We started to rebuild and replant the farms and fix it up and were joined by a sister and another Eve and her children. Things were going great for a while and everyone was working hard. The previous inhabitants had locked a bear up in a small room so we left it be. Eventually though someone let it out and over time this bear took us out one by one. I think I was the last, but my brother may have survived.

#52 2018-03-17 16:16:38

Hero

The Crimson Jumper

I was born into a large village that was going through hard times, the nursery had become a place of death with carts stacked full of bodies. Mother opted to raise me on the job as she scrabbled away in the dirt of the humble carrot patch. I could see mother was struggling and when I was able to I leapt from her arms to fend for myself. My childhood was spent foraging in the surrounding areas, the hungry villagers seemingly unaware of nature's bounty just a stones throw away.

Elsewhere in the village an elderly shepherd was busy knitting whilst overseeing his apprentice who was boiling water in preparation for applying dye. One fateful day just as I'd scrapped together some pieces of fur and thread to protect my modesty I bumped into the old shepherd. He handed me a beautiful red jumper, I thanked him for his gift and then he passed on. I put the jumper on and buried his remains "The gift of clothes is a most wonderful thing" I thought to myself as I stood by his grave.

I set about my new task of restoring the villages milkweed farm which was in poor condition, gathering seeds and creating new mounds of compost. I was a young woman in her prime by then, the envy of the village with my distinct red jumper and stylish wolf cloak. I hopped over to the carrot patch to see how it was doing and there were single carrots standing in rows. Feeling charitable I decided to help out by picking the carrots and placing them in the baskets provided. "Hey!" an angry man approached "Those were for seeds", "You'll destroy the soil for just a single flower" I responded but he wasn't listening just running around like a headless chicken. I could feel my temper rising and my hand reaching for the hunting bow that I kept hidden nearby so I decided to walk away and cool off. It didn't concern me anyway, I would live of the land like I had before.

I returned to my milkweed by the graveyard. In my absence a man had moved in, I studied him for a moment wondering whether he would be help or hindrance. After some stepping on each others toes he settled to the side of the patch and focused on his composting work.

Time passed and a man ran past before collapsing from hunger. I returned to the village square and witnessed the chaos, starvation had set in, likely from that fool's mismanagement of the carrot patch. Death all around but I was with child, with society collapsing and my youth passing I opted to keep the child so that life may continue. I ran into the wilds my baby in hand and we foraged for a couple of years. I explained to her how this society almost collapsed despite it's advances and showed her what my contribution had been. She seemed to understand, such a bright child. Then my milk ran dry and I hadn't weened her off it yet! A moment of panic and I fed her my final gooseberry and told her to run for the bushes that I had shown her.

My daughter returned with a basket full of berries and offered me some. Not only had she passed Nature's test but she had the warm heart to share some with me, what a good child! She asked about clothes and I showed her the remains of the man that ran by earlier, a stark reminder that we inherit what our ancestors left us.

Life started returning to the village, a skilled farmer took over the carrot patch (practically having to start from scratch, I spotted a wagon with seeds in), he may have been the compost guy. I couldn't tell since they looked alike, not me though I stood out in my jumper haha! My daughter began helping him and I saw a new woman move in and have a baby, I was relieved that the village would continue.

But then I heard a commotion... I ran to the village square. The stranger was there, knife pointed at my daughter with a fresh body at her feet "you saw nothing" the stranger threatened her. I ran for my bow but I hesitated, I was getting old my body weak "have I even got the fight left in me?"

"Of course I have! I must save my child!" The stranger and I spotted each near the carrot patch both with weapon in hand, she approached and I shot an arrow with all the fury I had left.
"Mom!" my baby had seen what happened, not just her but the farm manager too. Blood on my hands I threw down my weapon and surrendered, ready for whatever punishment they might decide.

No punishment came instead my girl pleaded with the farmer, she told him the stranger had murdered her own children. What a wonderful daughter I had. My time on this earth was drawing to a close however and so I handed my distinctive red jumper to my daughter and told her to wear it with pride. "I will always remember you mum!" she shouted as I ran naked into the woods to live out my days in self-imposed exile.

The End

Side Note: This was my third life in the same village, in a past life I heard someone ask if it was called Midgard. Does anyone have any idea what it's name is and what server it is on? The carrot patch is center with a fully kitted out nursery above and a sheep pen to the left. Large warehouse south and mass ponds/depot full of tools and carts to the East. It has major roads leaving north and east that branch out with the occasional building in various stages of completion (private workshops that people are working on?).

#53 2018-03-17 16:46:06

Helperguy

Siolfor the Jackal wrote:

I have had many good lives with wonderful parents. But my favourite so far was from tonight.
It was just me, my mother and a slightly older brother. Our mother was an Eve and she had just found a nice empty village for us. We started to rebuild and replant the farms and fix it up and were joined by a sister and another Eve and her children. Things were going great for a while and everyone was working hard. The previous inhabitants had locked a bear up in a small room so we left it be. Eventually though someone let it out and over time this bear took us out one by one. I think I was the last, but my brother may have survived.

nice smile
I was the guy who locked a baer tonight.
and i made clothes for next gen. it is nice to see that it was helpful smile

#54 2018-03-17 19:27:30

troublednugget

Hero wrote:

The Crimson Jumper
Elsewhere in the village an elderly shepherd was busy knitting whilst overseeing his apprentice who was boiling water in preparation for applying dye. One fateful day just as I'd scrapped together some pieces of fur and thread to protect my modesty I bumped into the old shepherd. He handed me a beautiful red jumper, I thanked him for his gift and then he passed on. I put the jumper on and buried his remains "The gift of clothes is a most wonderful thing" I thought to myself as I stood by his grave.

I was the old one who gave you the jumper!  I'm so glad you were able to survive, I had feared the worst when the farm went south. Thanks for the wonderful story, it's great to hear how the next generation fares!

It was on server 3 btw

Last edited by troublednugget (2018-03-17 19:29:43)

#55 2018-03-17 19:55:26

MuffinGamys

Born as a girl into a big village. Soon enough I find flaws in it and decide to fix those when I grow up. Mom was very loving and took care of me and dressed me. I stayed warm and I was older now. Grandpa told me to hunt so I did but we had so much fur and rabbits so I wanted to help the farm not just bring food. I planted more milkweed and made some clothes for the naked people. Boobies everywhere. The farm was going slow and people dying so I did what I could here and there while waiting for the milkweed to grow. Only 3 of us but I was an adult now. My sister had a son and I had Toby. Toby didn't live long but I gave my nephew some clothes so he could farm. I could now focus on other things. I made more clothes and put them in a cart for future babies. My sister was making awesome pies and the milkweed was growing. Soil running low but we had some berry bushes south so I made some compost. I used it for more milkweed but also the carrot farm. I had a blonde girl, I named her Anna, so cute. I kept her by the fire and gave her clothes when she grew up. She and my nephew worked on the farm. I took the cart and gathered water for the compost.
I was no longer fearing starvation, it felt good to help keep the village alive as I was the last fertile woman. Katie was born while I was gathering milkweed. I showed her around and she got along well with the other kids. She didn't know how to farm so they helped her and soon enough she farmed like a pro. I was getting old so I made pies instead, not like my sister's but they were good. One day I heard crying, a baby? Anna had given birth to a lovely girl and right after Katie had another girl. I was so proud to be a granny, I loved them so much. I adopted my nephew as my own but never gave him a name sadly. It was time.. My back hurt and I wasn't young anymore. I gave my clothes to the grand children. I knew I would leave the village in good hands. I told them how proud I was and that I loved them. I died close to my children, no regrets only joy. Good bye my sweethearts

Last edited by MuffinGamys (2018-03-17 19:55:37)

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#56 2018-03-18 00:08:25

MuffinGamys

I was born as a girl. Small village but we had clothes and loads of food. Started building aswell. Mom loved me, she named me Judith, I liked the name. She was building while caring for me and grandpa helped aswell. I was her first girl so she was happy. They gave me clothes when I grew up. I started farming and made some compost since I knew I'd bring lots of children. Grandpa was old, he said goodbye, I loved him. I was sad but I had to keep going, I know he wouldn't want me to be sad. We had a big milkweed farm that I gathered from to make thread. I'd make clothes if needed but also pouches. I was an adult but no children, I was worried. I was thinking that I should make pie since we had loads of carrots and rabbits. Kelly was born, finally a baby, I showed her to mom, she was my precious. She didn't know how to build so she farmed while I gatered wheat. One day a boy came told us about a bigger village south but I wanted to stay here so we did. One day I found my mothers remains, I was heart broken, I never got to say good bye. Only me and Kelly now but we made it work. Then I had a boy, cute little thing. I gave him clothes so he'd stay warm and he helped out farming when he got older. I cooked some pies and brought to my kids, not a lot of wheat but I made it work. Kelly had twins, a boy and a girl. I was a granny now, so proud of her. She'd be a great mom I know it, she gave them her clothes so I made some more and hunted rabbits for fur. Old and gray it was getting close to my end. I made a turnik and a loin cloth for my girl. I left my clothes and said good bye to my familly.

My last name as Eve is always Wolf. You'll find me playing with the plebs or in a gen run. Game on mah dudes.

#57 2018-03-18 00:31:21

Casdir

Had another great moment with my past life.

I was born as a little boy on a healthy farm. My family which only consited of my Mom, my Uncle and Me, already had a lot of carrots stached away when I was given birth. There were also a loooot of berry bushes around as well. So in terms of food we had a good life living for. Soon after my Mom got another child, a little girl. But unfortunately she didn't make it. She must had been born with some serious illness. All of a sudden she dropped dead and nobody knew why.

At first I wanted to go hunt for my family. Make some traps for rabbits and stuff. They told me they had no traps, which was why I was going for being a rabbit hunter. We already had tons of food and a little milkweed farm as well. We had most everything you could have asked for, even in terms of tools. But I wasn't able to craft more than one trap, so I decided to help my parrents with carrot farm. Soon enough, my Uncle gave me his precious hat. It may have been just a fur hat, but to him, as well as me, it was more than just that. I took it with pride. I told him that he looked still young, until I looked closer onto his face. I then saw some wrinkles in his face.

Not long after, he had his last chat with Mom. He was standing on the carrot field with her as he was saying good bye. I told him to get off the carrot farm and die somewhere on the greenfield next to us. It took him a while, but he eventually got his old bum going. For whatever reason he picked up a basked of carrots, as he was running towards the greenfield. I don't know what was going through my Uncles head at that point, but it was kind of funny to look at. Then he dropped dead to the ground as he was running. I was still laughting about him running as he took that random basket filled with carrots. But soon after I payed respect to his corpse, saying RIP to my dead Uncle as my Mom is standing right next to me. She was mumbling something about him. She said she always knew he was something something. I don't know what exactly she was referring to, and even when I asked her about it, she didn't tell me. Oh well..

After the death of my Uncle, my Mom started to get lost about her job. I was already a grown up dude who was able to take care of himself. So I told her to stop watering our farm. We had more than enough food with just the berry bushes around us. And since she was already too old to get more kids, there was no need to keep the farm going at this point. I told her to get more baskets, as we were running out of storage space for our carrots and seeds.

While Mom was heading to the west to get us some baskets, I tried to clean up the big mess that our camp was. There was so much stuff laying around, mostly carrots and seeds. I looked at which baskets I could empty to fill them the farm good. You know, I always see people stashing away so many milkweed seeds. You really don't need to stash away more than one basket of them. When you pick milkweed in the right way, it always will leave behind an infinite amount of seeds. People don't have to worry about them later on. Only early on when you are trying to start a milkweed farm from ground up, that's when you want to stash away a bunch of seeds to transfer them to your camp or whatever.

I didn't expect Mom to come back alive. She was gone for so long for such a simple task. She knew where she was finding reed for the baskets, that's what she told me. But eventually I heard footsteps closing in on me. But they sounded like they were coming from north. At first I thought it might be some stranger that is trying to survive, but as it turned out that wasn't the case. I found Mom back at the farm when I was running back to it after I tried to locate the footsteps of her.

We were able to clean up a good amount of stuff. Most carrots and seeds where stashed away. Then I had a little chat with Mom. She told me how there was nothing more to do for on our camp. Other than the traps that I wanted to build when I was still a young child. But I found stacks of rabbit fur laying around close by, so I figured I didn't even need to hunt for us all that badly. We were doing fine in terms of clothes. The only thing we lacked were backpacks.

Mom started to get old. Like really old! She told me how proud she was for me. I told her that she did a very well job as a Mom. She was the best Mom I could have hoped for. I loved her.
I told her that we're going to see each other in our next life. RiP Mom. And then she died right next to me...

I took her corpse up north above our farm. I dropped her corpse under my home marker, with a plate of rabbit pie under her. I didn't know what else to put to her corpse as a rememberence, but who doesn't like pie? Rabbit pie is the best! Even in death. After that I took my Uncle's corpse and placed it next to my Mom's corpse. Of course I put another plate of Rabbit pie underneath my Uncle's corpse. I got a little emotional over the burying process of my family. But live had to go on! So I went back to the camp soon enough.

I was checking out the south side of our camp and found a road that was leading to east. I don't know who exactly built it, maybe my Uncle, maybe someone else. I wanted to continue working on it, but there were no butt logs around for me to craft boards. So I was searching for the axe all around the camp and close to the end of the road, but nothing. I couldn't find the axe for the life of me. So I said fuk it.

I went back to the farm and decided to make some compost and some extra baskets. I was surprised how close the swamp was with all it's reed and ponds. It had me question why it took my Mom so long to get the baskets for us earlier. I took her at least 5 to 8 minutes. Something that should have been done in a little less than 5 minutes. Maybe the reeds that I found which where basically right next to our camp, weren't there when she was looking for them. That's probably it.

Anyways! I did 4 piles of compost and made 4 extra baskets. At that point I didn't know what to do anymore. I tried to make arrows, but realized that I needed strings for them, which we didn't had a whole lot around. So I scraped the arrow making idea. I got some goose feathers nonetheless, in case someone else might find our camp someday.

I started to feel old. I figured I use some of the traps that I have done and get a little more rabbit fur, just because. I decided to make one more shoe and a backpack. I screwed up with the backpack and forgot to add two cut rabbit furs to it. I managed to find some extra strings, so eventually I was able to craft my backpack. I wanted it mostly to help me out with building the road to the east, to stash some food in it. But at that point I already had given up on that idea, so I just made the backpack for shits and giggles. I'm sure someone is going to stumble across our camp at some point and that person is going to appreciate the backpack, for sure.

I felt my time was coming. I had to say good bye to my little camp. It was much more fun to help building it than I expected at first. And I'm glad I stuck around with it.

Now it's time to get some rest. I took my plate with rabbit pie and ran up north to my families graveyard. I took my clothes off and put them next to me. Then I took one last bite from my rabbit pie, before I put it down under me.

This was it. My last couple breaths, before I would collapse down to the ground, between my Mom and my Uncle.

RiP!

(Pardon my bad english at times, I'm bad at story telling since english isn't my mother language.)

#58 2018-03-18 11:25:05

MuffinGamys

I was born a girl, I think my mom was an eve. We barely scraped by and once I was old enough she left me.. I wanted to grow up and be the mother I never had but I was still too young. I found a small village but it was perfect. Rabbits all around, berries north, water west and no bears close by. I made some compost for a milkweed farm. I had 3 pouches but made some more for when I'd have kids.  I now had more carrots then I'd need so I focused on other things like making bowls, plates and clothes. I had my first son but he ran away from me. I kept the fire burning while getting some pies ready. Another son was born while gathering water but he also ran.. not much I could do.  I had 6 milkweed plants that helped me make more clothes. I always kept an arrow in my bag so no one could take it from me and kill me. I had my baby Kira, she was so sweet. I kept her warm by the fire while watering the carrots. I gave her clothes as soon as she grew up. She cared for the farm and gathered soil. I made some pies that I cooked. I didn't have enough plates so I brought some clay. My girl had no shoes so I made her some. Kira had a son, oh the joy, I was a grandma. She showed him around and took good care of him. She was a great mom and I was proud. His future was brighter then mine was so I was happy. Not soon after a little girl came, so pretty. She had 2 babies to look after so I cared for the farm when she couldn't. I was no longer young and it was almost time, I gathered some last carrots and planted seeds. Left my clothes for my grandkids, said good bye to them and how much I loved them. Take care Kira and raise them well.

#59 2018-03-19 12:00:49

Siolfor the Jackal

Short one. Born into a large village, had many children who became farmers. My last child was a daughter who grew up and made a very big and nice berry farm. I was very proud. She had two children of her own, a girl and a boy. She named them Sally and ... Stone Cold Steve Austin. I was laughing so much that I forgot to feed myself and died at 58 years of age.

#60 2018-03-19 13:19:20

Hero

Thanks for the stories guys! I'm more of a lurker then a poster but I wanted to say the story section is what keeps me coming back for more (and i'm always checking the details to see if I make an appearance in them)

troublednugget wrote:

I was the old one who gave you the jumper!  I'm so glad you were able to survive, I had feared the worst when the farm went south. Thanks for the wonderful story, it's great to hear how the next generation fares!

It was on server 3 btw

1H1L is a small world! I was hoping someone would recognise the story. Thanks for the information, I was eventually able to find the same settlement again and it was looking a bit better.

Stone Cold made me chuckle, think i'm gonna try out themed names for a while...

#61 2018-03-19 19:25:41

MuffinGamys

I was an eve and I knew my first task was to find food. I found a basket and put thread and milkweed seeds in it. I had a boy but I couldn't keep him. I survived on berries while looking for a village I could stay at. Took a while but eventually I found a village. Two older men lived there, probably brothers. They let me stay and gave me some clothes. They had a decent farm and milkweed. Rabbits and ponds close by. I helped make some pie and kept the fire going. The oldest brother passed away but soon enough I had a boy. I named him Marcus, I kept him by the fire, it was close to the pies so I could keep an eye on him. I'd gather some wood to keep the fire burning but never went far. Milly came along, I wanted her to bring the next generation. I gave Marcus clothes and he started farming. When Milly grew up I told her to bring rabbits but she stayed at the farm instead. I wanted to bring some rabbits but was worried about having another baby far away from home. It was a good call because I had another son Filip. I didn't have any clothes to give him but I'd try to make him some once I had fur. I was going to ask Milly again but she wasn't there at the farm, she probably died and now we had no girls to bring babies. Filip was a child when I had Sofie, I was so happy. We'd be okay and she'd have kids one day. Filip only knew how to farm but it was enough for now. I showed them how to get berry seeds and they started planting some for compost. Sofie got along great with her brothers. Marcus wanted to move our farm closer to the ponds and I thought it was a good idea. We all moved the soil, seeds and pouches further north. It went pretty fast since there were 4 of us. I showed Filip how to make some clothes with fur. Both Filip and Marcus had to go but I still had Sofie to help out. I was old when Sofie had her first child a boy. I gave him some clothes and right after came another boy. So happy to be a grandma. I kept up the farm and Sofie took care of the boys. Too old to help out so I gave my clothes to my daughter. I told her how proud I was and said good bye to the boys.

#62 2018-03-20 01:35:53

MuffinGamys

I was born to a loving mother. She already had one son, he was older then me but he was my brother. She wanted me to make pies and farm when older. She kept the fire burning for me and made pies not to far away. Soon enough I was grown, I started to farm, harvesting carrots and planting seeds while my brother went for water. He only had 4 pouches so I made more with the fur laying around. Mom had made pies so I helped to bake them. I kept eating carrots so I wouldn't waste the pie. We had a small milkweed farm that I collected from to make some more pouches. I had my first son, I was so proud, I showed him to my mom and gave him clothes. My mom planted some wheat while I farmed and cared for my baby. He got a brother, just as cute. They got along great, I gave my 2nd son clothes aswell and they started farming. I had another boy, I wanted to let him die but I just couldn't and I'm happy I didn't. My brother was old now, he stayed at the fire and we brought him carrots. I stayed with him for his last moments in this life. It didn't take long before my 3rd son grew up and I showed him the farm. My oldest boy told me not to worry about the farm, they'd always have food for me so I could do other things. I went hunting for rabbits since I trusted my boys. There were already snares there, I brought back 6 rabbits. I turned the fur into a bag and loin cloth. My 4th boy came along so I made some more pies. He grew up and he decides to dig up a berry bush and then call our village trash.. I grabbed a bow and arrow. He saw me with it and ran but he'd need food soon enough. Didn't wait long before he came to the farm so I shot him. I suprised my son since there were lots of blood but I told him why I did it and he trusted me. I took back the arrow and stored it in my bag. Finally a girl, I gave her clothes for warmth. I went on another rabbit hunt so we'd have a stash of clothes for more babies. I was old now so I stayed closer to the village. I saw my boys but not my daughter, I asked them and she starved.. "You can lead a horse to water" very true since we had food everywhere. An old lady came by, we let her stay and she was going to look for young females since we were both too old. I was gathering milkweed so I could make some shoes for my boys. I only made one and the other milkweed were too far away. I stayed by the fire and my son brought me carrots. I told him how proud I was, he said that I cared for him so he'd do the same. Sweet boy. I told them I'd try to come back as an eve before they were gone. I got to say good bye to my boys before I passed away.

It took long before I spawned as an eve. I took a basket and traveled east. I had a lot of boys but I couldn't keep them. I collected berries in my basket and kept walking. I found some clothes that came to good use. I had a girl, I knew I'd need her for more babies so I dropped the basket. She eventually got too old for milk and starved when I couldn't find her food. I kept walking, I came upon a huge village but I needed to come back to my boys. Another girl, she said she got murdered and wanted revenge. We stayed in one area for a while but she eventually died but I had no time to mourn. I was old, I wanted to give up so many times but I couldn't give up on my boys. They were probably dead by now but I wanted to burry them and say good bye. My hunger bars disappeared one after another. I was at the brink of death so I stopped by a berry bush and dropped my things. I'm sorry boys, mom failed you but I never gave up on you. Love you all.

Last edited by MuffinGamys (2018-03-20 01:37:28)

#63 2018-03-20 03:56:48

EvilBlackCat

I was born to a mother in the middle of a very large town. I didn't know at the time that she and I were the only people there. She gave me clothes and kept me alive until I could fend for myself. I asked her what I should do to help and she said, "Whatever you want. The world is yours. I must go." and died.

As a boy I had no way to further our lineage but I decided to teach myself some things and try to be helpful to whoever may come next.

I was in my early twenties when a woman and her baby came wandering naked into the town. I am sure she thought it was abandoned and she immediately ran away on seeing me. A few moments later she came back and I welcomed her and told her to stay. I said we had plenty and her and her child were free to share.

I made her a fire and brought her food. She produced a few more children and some even called me father. It was a very sweet and fun time and I felt I had done a good thing and that this place may actually live on.

That's when the arrow hit me.

I'm assuming someone picked it up and shot me by accident and I must admit I burst out laughing even while I was devastated.

#64 2018-03-20 15:50:26

Siolfor the Jackal

I had some good ones tonight.

One was a very rough start. My mother had a baby already and no home but she kept us both alive while we wandered. Once we both grew up enough we started a camp and ran into another eve. Her and her kids only lasted a minute or two. My older brother vanished and probably died. My mother and I scrounged whilst trying to set up a small farm. Waiting for the seeds to grow. She had another child and then died. I was just a boy so there was very little I could do. I gave the baby my last berry as I was already near starving and raced off to find us some more. When I came back they were gone so I can only assume they ran off and died.
I was feeling pretty low. I had lost everyone and I was starving with no food to be found anywhere. On my last pip I found a berry bush and and basket. I filled it and myself and ran on. I found a grave with a fur hat, pants, shoes and even a knitted wool top! I ventured on and found a small wetland farm with a stockpile of carrots and dry seeded plots. I made this my new home. Before I settled in, I decided to run back with a cart and pick up some interesting and useful things I saw on the way. When I got back to my original camp I found a new eve and her baby. They were tending to the couple of plots I had left. I said hi and told her about the camp I found and got her to follow me. Once we got there we started to work and she had another baby.
Then she promptly died.
Her first child started working the farm while I hand fed the baby carrots until it could look after itself and help out. I scouted around and found another eve at another dead village. I invited her back too. The farm started to thrive and grow. One of my adopted children started making pies and someone was smithing, it was wonderful. Eventually we attracted some bears and I think I lagged into one and died at age 47.
I really hope they were all ok.

My last life tonight had a similarly bad start.
I was born into a small village with a dozen family members. As soon as I came of age, I walk down to the farm and my mother said to me "keep the farm going" as she died. Then I noticed everyone was dying and I panicked. I ran north as I was starving and on my last pip yet again I find a berry bush. I eat my fill and take one for later as I run back to camp. I get there and just as I start to gwt hungry, the carrots start growing. I was saved. And then a surprise, my slightly older brother comes back! He was the only othet survivor! He was off exploring so I told him what happened. We worked and expanded the farm, and he got to making pies. Eventually I started having children. Six boys in a row... most of them survived but at least one ran off as a baby and I wasn't going to chase him.
I finally had two daughters and some new eves joined us. Every was going pretty great. Then I saw one of my daughters murder someone with a bow... I was so disappointed. She ran off and dropped the bow. I picked it up to keep. She came back with just an arrow claiming it wasn't her and she just found this arrow. She said that the killer had a hat on and she didn't. That confirmed it for me because I was the only witness and the only one who knew she was wearing a hat. I ran off and hid the bow best I could, but I was old now. I thanked my brother and told him we did well, told my sons I loved them and then I died.

#65 2018-03-21 02:22:45

dana

I was born to a mother in a camp half-pillaged. She and my older sister were picking all the berries in sight and stashing them in baskets. They looked like they were in a hurry, and I feared for my life. Then she picked me up and told my sister to take her bag and leave, and I heaved a sigh of relief. I would not be left behind.

We ran. West, Ma told us, and west we ran. Our little three-member family was fully clothed, so we could go long periods without eating. Soon I was big enough to walk, and she put me down and picked up a basket. I did not ask for my name. There was no time to talk. We were nomads, she said. We would not stop.

We ran, and as we ran we came across the remnants of civilisations long since dead. They were doomed because they had no seeds and no way to bring water to the farms. Ma told us to keep moving. West, she said. Keep moving west.

My family grew. My mother birthed another son, and briefly debated abandoning him. But he kept on running after us, and eventually she caved and took him in her arms. That was a mistake. After taking him in, Ma could no longer bear to abandon any more children. And so couldn't my sis, who had a golden haired girl and many, many others.

They all died.

We reached an abandoned farm, the last I would ever see. Ma realised that there were no berries to live off on, and so she told us to farm for a bit. Then we would keep moving. We were always moving. But there was, like I said, no way to farm because there was no way to bring water. I gave my brother my hat and my loin cloth, but it was too late. He died. My sister asked me to make fire, and then she died. Theydiedtheydiedthey

d
I
e
d

And then it was me and Ma. I asked Ma what we would do next. I told her sis was dead. I put on her old white woolen hat and waited for Ma's guidance. But I already knew what she was going to say.

"We go West," she said. "We keep going West."

And so we went. We walked and walked and walked for years.

Ma turned contemplative. She was too old to bear children, and I was a man and could not continue the line. Our family line was done for, but it meant that we had more time to talk. Ma paused after a food break, and told me that she had tried. She had tried to keep them all. She had tried so, so hard.

I didn't know what to say, so I kept silent. Ma regained her strength. She told us we would go on. She walked West, and I followed.

There was time, now, and so 40 years into my life I asked Ma what my name was. She called me Albert Bubu. Pronounced Bubu. And she told me that when she died, she wanted me to find civilisation. I told her that I would. Of course I would. We walked west. We knew nothing else.

After a time, the berries that we had stashed in our backpacks had rotted (despawned). I only noticed when I was hungry and reached into it to find nothing. My Ma had two carrots. She ate one. She put ther other in my basket. She told me to hurry.

We ran west (of course, it was west) and I knew that she had to be hungry. I told her to stop. I put down my basket. I told her to eat. I didn't want her to die.

She stopped. Turned to me. Said: "No hun."

and then she died.

I took her bones and buried her near a flowering milkweed. Then I left for civilisation. I left west.

I never reached it. A wolf jumped out from behind me and killed me. I died at 45, still clutching my sister's woolen hat.

#66 2018-03-21 03:36:22

Cadence

Mother was already getting on in years when she had me. The village we lived in was abandoned, desecrated, and lonely. The tilled earth yet remained, however, and she was able to take care of me until I was old enough to plant seeds and carry water. Soon after she had my brother, and I helped dress him in the clothes mother and I had been pilfering from the graves of the lost. Not long after she had a daughter, a sister for me. She took care of brother and sister while I took care of mother. She grew old quickly and became infertile, but brother and sister were strong for mother.

We built up the village and expanded the farms. Brother and sister could take care of mother, and sister was soon beginning to have children of her own. We were expanding, and I realized why the village was abandoned to begin with. There were few sources of water. Enough to sustain four, but no more. I grabbed a backpack of carrots and a basket of water skins and set out to procure water from the lands around us. Soon after I was able to find a lone cart sitting abandoned. I found better clothes that had been left behind by wanderers more skilled than I. My trips to acquire water were made easier with the warmth and the cart.

One day I came back to find mother old. She was dying. Brother, sister and I said our goodbyes and placed her in a special spot so we could visit frequently.

I continued my journey to procure water for my now bustling tribe. I was growing older. I hardly recognized anyone when I came back. I couldn't find my brother or sister anywhere. Then one day, I noticed a young girl who was the spitting image of my sister. Her grand daughter. Overcome with emotion, I passed on my clothing, my wolf head dress, my backpack, and my cart to her that she may continue to live and thrive. I said my goodbyes and lay down to sleep.

#67 2018-03-21 08:28:02

DaughterOfEve

Two brothers with wolf hats invaded my village, one of them killing most of my family. Saw it happen but for some reason he let me live. Then he died of old age and I took his clothes and bag, collected the arrows and knife. Saw his brother was diligently helping us (me & my brother survived) plant wheat, get water etc. Every time I confronted the killer’s brother he’d just say “I don’t know what you’re talking about” and when I asked why he was helping us he’d say “I don’t know”. I told my brother what had happened and that I didn’t trust this guy, and asked if I should kill him. He said “prob”. So I confronted him again by the nearby ponds and when he said “I don’t know what you’re talking about” again, took the knife out of my bag. Was gonna ask if he recognised it but he ran so I chased him... to witness him stoically helping with our crops again.

When my daughter was born, he was an old man. I carried her to him. “Don’t trust this man. His brother murdered our family” and my little girl started screaming “MURDERER!” but—oddly—the old man just stripped off his clothes and wolf hat and gave them to my daughter. He continued to help the village that his brother slaughtered until he died of old age.

I think it just goes to show that you never can tell who’s an asshole who’ll murder your family, and who’s not so bad!

#68 2018-03-21 11:14:11

chikenvoice

Get born into a village populated with women and girls.

"BOY", says my mom. My sister holds me while my mother rushes to make a knife.

I keep saying "NO KILL ME", I was a smart baby.

Just as I see a freshly made knife in my own mother's hands I get hair and run away in the wilderness.

I grow up a young man among bears and wolves.

Decide to go back to the horrible place I was born into.

Meet a hungry grizzly on my way, ask him to tag along.

Leed my bear friend into my village.

See a knife destined for me on the ground, my grandma, aunt and mother near it.

Grab a knife, kill my aunt first. Call my mother a monster, stab her nicely.

Granma tells me the gods told them to kill all boys because they were evil. It looks like their gods were right.

Only my sister and niece left alive, who probably won't be slaying their male children anymore.

Feeling like a king of Amazons, I go into a sheep shed, my bloody knife in my backpack. Try to feed sheep, get stuck in an endless walk. Die of starvation, paralyzed, while screaming WHY.

I guess their gods were real after all.

#69 2018-03-21 14:28:18

FayeShin

There are no more favorite moments. Because murderers kill everybody recently.
I played 100 hours until last week, I killed by murderer only 3 or 4 times. And I played 4 hours and 7 lives today, and killed by murderer every 7 times. I couldn't say goodbye to my children and mothers and brothers and sisters.
I love this game so much, so I decided to stop playing this game until patch. Because I don't want to destroy my happy memories. Farewell.

Last edited by FayeShin (2018-03-21 14:30:11)

#70 2018-03-22 07:30:59

Baker

I got one, well it's more of a tragic depressing one rather than favorite. I was born in an impressive village, we had everything we needed. My mother showed me around the place, When I grew hair I worked on the farm and the forge for a bit but I wasn't really needed. Everyone was already doing everything so I felt a bit like the third wheel.

By the time I had grown a beard, I still didn't feel like I'd accomplished anything worthwhile but then I had an idea. There was one thing the city needed, Gold. Surely I'd be remembered if I brought back gold and crafted an impressive crown. I loaded up a cart with, a pickaxe, pies, bowl. I announced that I was going out to look for gold, A few people wished me good luck but they probably didn't expect me to be successful.

For many years I traveled through bear-infested lands, at first I encountered a few smaller villages. One of these villages even allowed me to restock my supplies using their carrot farm. As I traveled I got further from civilization, I started seeing abandoned places then an empty wilderness.

Eventually, I made it to an Ice biome. I would surely find gold here. I searched the icelands for a long time, My food supplies started to dwindle. After a long time, I had finally found a vein, There was a bear nearby was I quickly mined it. I put in my bowl and loaded it into my cart. I then departed before the bear could eat me.  I was now an old man, My beard had gone grey. I began the long journey home. I kept alive on berries and carrots from long-dead villages. I encountered the village that had helped me in the beginning, sadly the ones that I had met had died of old age. 2 Men with bows quickly persuaded me to move on with my journey.

When I finally made it home I was initially overjoyed. I met a lone man, I excitedly told him I had returned with gold. It was then that I noticed the many bones littering our streets and our farm. I asked the man what had happened and he informed me that there was a mass murderer while I was gone. Unfortunately, our forge was blocked by an oven so I was unable to make the crown.

"I came in shitting myself and I'll go out shitting myself"

#71 2018-03-22 08:21:24

Go! Bwah!

chikenvoice wrote:

"BOY", says my mom. My sister holds me while my mother rushes to make a knife.

See, this is where you lost me.  Why didn't they just say, "be a good boy now and go starve in the graveyard to the east," you know, like normal parents??

I like to go by "Eve Scripps" and name my kids after medications smile

#72 2018-03-22 09:36:59

yvanhooe

Got born to a woman in the middle of a small town. She says "Too many kids" and wander off to do stuff. Crap, I guess I'll got abandoned. Then my 6 years old sister arrives and feeds me a carrot. "Hey! I may survive after all!" The mom sees that, grabs a knife. Black screen.

Meh...

#73 2018-03-22 10:40:00

FounderOne

Today I spawned as an eve. I wandered around and found an abadonned city. No soul was there only bones on the ground. I remembered the city. I once lived there and build some of the things. In my life before I got murdered in this city.

I grabbed a basket cleaned the place, got everything rolling and my first child was born. Together we cleaned the last bit of the city. A young stranger passed by and joined us. The city looked now much nicer. I got older and wanted to build a bakery. All of the sudden I died. A arrow hit me.

I respawned then in another city, my mother send me in the woods. I died.

Luckly I got born in the city I cleaned up with my daughter. The stranger was now my mom. They told me, that their mother and friend, was murdered just a few seconds ago and I told that it was me. They raised me and we started to continou our work. All of the sudden the murder came back and tried to kill us again. We run for our lifes. He disappeared. And we were shocked. We didnt knew what to do. My brother was born in this stressful situation and he just wanted to give up on life and game. But my mother, she was such a strong lady. told us she will build now a bow and arrows to stop this murder. I told my brother that I will do the same and he shouldnt give up and also arm himself. I gathered all the ressources for a bow and some arrows and crafted all the things needed.

I went back to my mom. My brother was with her and she had born a new baby. They told me that my mother killed the murder and that those bones on the ground are his bones. We were all pretty happy. My brother grabbed a basked took the bones and together we brought his bones to a bear cave. I hit the cave so the bear comes out to get the bones. We left his grave and went back to our city and family.

I told my mum that I want to go to all the citys and look for killers to punish them.
She wished me luck and we said goodbye.

I left our home and wandered with a bow and a backpack full of arrows and pies on the road to the next city to find those killers.
I just entered the city when a wolf came and I died.

Its a rought world - keep dying untill you live <3

#74 2018-03-22 21:03:34

Aname

My recent game i was born a male in a great city but i didnt really felt home there

so i got an idea to make my own home! So i looked at a nice spot not far from the city tho. (i did need food so)

i gathered the mallets axe etc to make planks and i gathered some stakes.

i gave all my life to build that house so much effort with adobe walls (i got Lucky that there where many clay pits and reed there)
And i felt pride when i builded that house i just stayed in my house till i died of starvation at the age of 59.

i lived 59 years to make a house.

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#75 2018-03-24 15:23:31

Siolfor the Jackal

When I was born, it was just me, my mother and my slightly older brother. We were in a very large settlement but everyone had died or left as far as I could tell. My mother clothed us and fed us, then my brother didn't feed himself and died. So it was just the two of us. We started clearing out all the bones and made a massive graveyard just north of the village. I had never seen so many bones, easily a screen and a half full. I found a knife on one of the bodies and alerted my mother to it. She picked it up and kept it safe. I mentioned that due to the amount of dead people and all the knives around, it looked like maybe the village was murdered. My mother didn't seem to care, getting back to work.
We cleaned up the place and organised it ready to farm again, I even started getting some pies ready. An Eve and her new child arrived shortly after and started hanging out a bit doing their own thing, we didn't mind.
Eventually my mother was getting very old and she followed me out of the village to pass on her gear. Then she said "Son. While we're alone..." I replied "Yes, mother?". Then she said "I was the murderer. I murdered everyone". Before I could ask her why or any other questions she died. I was pretty shocked. I made some pies then ran into the wilderness with my three knives and eventually died very far away, nowhere near any villages, where my body and gear is too obscured to see. I didn't want anyone else to get all these knives.

Board footer