One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-02-17 10:10:55

Peremptive

Re: [Corrected] - Temperature Update - Potentially not so bad.

fragilityh14 wrote:
Peremptive wrote:

Anyone who thinks this is playable, really playable, not just survive on tryhard mode and make sure not to cross biomes when older, you are delusional.

I stayed alive to 60 for 3 lives and it wasn't even mildly challenging any of those times, and I'm no sort of videogame expert. Just keep your food bar full.

I literally said to actually play the game and not just survive. I can survive too. Surviving is not the point. Go get some glasses because you are blind.

Last edited by Peremptive (2019-02-17 10:11:06)

#77 2019-02-17 10:20:24

JoshuaN

Yea that's just about where i'm at in the game... Surviving, not really having much fun.

Sustenance~   ( ・・)つ―{}@{}@{}-

#78 2019-02-17 12:21:57

yaira

Jason wanted us to take off clothes before going into desert
but we'll still wear full clothes...

1. to protect from heat shock
2. wearing clothes doesn't add more heat in burning desert.

#79 2019-02-17 14:17:53

Amon

I am not completely sure how I should feel about this update yet. On one end I like it, on the other end I hate it.

Clothed villagers, wonderful. No more desert towns, amazing! Yet it's not all that sunshine and rainbows.
Though i doubt 'waiting it out' to figure out new metas will help much, you don't need a load of brain cells to figure out that piling yet another time consuming commitment on an eve that already needs to set up ->everything<- is extra stress and overload in general, it's simply not fun or satisfactory. Everything is now under a bigger crunch for time and a bigger starvation crunch, this is absolute hell for new'uns. Exploring that is necessary, is also hell. -> this applies when nicely clothed as well.

Big cities? Not so much, more effort is being put in having the sheep pen run 24/7 to make clothes and it's absolutely wonderful. Towns are almost pretty lit currently and I love beign a sheepherd again and clothe all those lovely new babies (and hunt down clothed suicide babies). Only shame is I wish everything would slow down a little, maybe this is the thing that does actually need time, everyone still a bit panicky probably?
There's not gonna be much of a shift, with people panicking over the clothes demand that is happening, ya gotta realize, family rabbit holes usually end up all but abandoned once a sheep pen is installed, unless people itch for more backpacks. Now, trapping is still lucrative for towns, and this is good, more jobs, more things to do in already estabilished towns.
Besides this brings up options to manufacture even better clothes of a higher tech level requirement sometime in the future. (say clothes that require less resources, are better, are quicker to make, but don't last AS long)

I just think it needs more balancing. We should just play more an analyse what all is wrong, what all is great, how to fix one end without breaking another. Stay positive,

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#80 2019-02-17 17:16:03

Booklat1

Hey, it's not just surviving if

1 you're actually good at the game
2 you have clothes on.

This game is not easy, specially in early civ stages, thats intended. Problem is with every rehaul upgrade we're thrown back in eve hell which is why the past few days have been awful on newer players. Once we're all back to big cities with pumps and now also clothes, the game will feel just the same.

#81 2019-02-17 18:39:56

rellortism

Something I'd like to add after playing a few lives with a goal of making my diesel engine with the oil pump location in the desert.

1) Temp shock will stay in the middle as long as you make sure your temp is in the middle before you biome hop.
     -this will require you to either stand on fire, fully clothed, and wait till its on the middle then hop into a desert.
     -I spent 12 steel pipes to get that oil rig (thank you nonexistent luck...), so its definitely annoying to biome hop. But its doable.
     -Only goal to biome hop is cactus / oil rig / rocks. Other than that, hopping should be done sparingly.

2) If a town stays in a non extreme temp biome (gras, sav, badl), they wont have to deal with temp shock!
     - just spend time near a fire, get you temp in the middle then do your tasks / chores

3) Firewood dont last that long.
     - It just doesnt last unlike before.
     - This will actually make you plant trees (for convenience), or travel for firewood. Very nice.

4) Rabbits > Sheep
     - Wool clothing should be the last on your list. They're not worth it unless the city is thriving with resources.
     - Knives get stolen often, and you need knives to clean your pen eventually.
     - Fleece is better used for Balls of thread.
     - Hunting rabbits are low waste options and are ideally easier to make with better insulation = convenience ratios.

I have played don't starve a long time ago and this is basically the same insulation strat you'd do during winter.
Contain your heat then travel.
The only difference is making fire is harder on ohol than dont starve.

Jason please, can we make a lighter at least?

Board footer