One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-02 01:59:07

GreatShawn

Let's make this the longest thread possible!!

The title says it all. I know this is kinda pointless but hey, why not? Just post anything to make this long!

#2 2018-10-02 03:51:52

Joriom
Website

Re: Let's make this the longest thread possible!!

unknown.png

#3 2018-10-02 05:03:36

Star

lol

Bob <3

#4 2018-10-02 08:04:24

pein

just find something to talk about or a game, i remember on other forums was  a story made by everyone telling 3 words to it, was quite long

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2018-10-02 09:02:17

Goliath

Love how far this game has come in 6 months. Props to the developer.

Teamwork makes the Dreamwork.

#6 2018-10-02 11:55:53

Anshin

Here are all the games Jason has made.
Some are free, some are not - which is a great way to send him some more money for all his hard work!

http://hcsoftware.sourceforge.net/jason-rohrer/

EDIT:
On the page above click "more" under the picture, for more:
jason_2006_09Sept_24_cropped.png

Last edited by Anshin (2018-10-02 12:00:48)

#7 2018-10-02 12:39:26

The_Llamacorn

Honestly, I'm just gonna prepare for the demise of this game and our little community when this game gets on Steam. I want to stay positive but I'm pretty worried that all these players are gonna ruin the game. It's gonna be the biggest influx of new players we've ever seen. So i think seperate servers would be good atleast in the beginning to protect the community from them...

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#8 2018-10-02 14:56:11

Rohen

Bob (physics)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (April 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A bob is the weight on the end of a pendulum found most commonly, but not exclusively, in pendulum clocks.

Contents
1    Reason for use
2    Use in clocks
3    See also
4    References
Reason for use
Although a pendulum can theoretically be any shape, any rigid object swinging on a pivot, clock pendulums are usually made of a weight or bob attached to the bottom end of a rod, with the top attached to a pivot so it can swing. The advantage of this construction is that it positions the centre of mass close to the physical end of the pendulum, farthest from the pivot. This maximizes the moment of inertia, and minimises the length of pendulum required for a given period. Shorter pendulums allow the clock case to be made smaller, and also minimize the pendulum's air resistance. Since most of the energy loss in clocks is due to air friction of the pendulum, this allows clocks to run longer on a given power source.

Use in clocks

Pendulum clock with visible bob
Traditionally, a pendulum bob is a round flat disk, lens-shaped in section, but bobs in older clocks often have decorative carving and shapes characteristic of the type of clock. They are usually made of a dense metal such as iron or brass. Lead is denser, but is usually avoided because of its softness, which would result in the bob being dented during its inevitable collisions with the inside of the clock case when the clock is moved.

In most pendulum clocks the rate is adjusted by moving the bob up or down on the pendulum rod. Moving it up shortens the pendulum, making it beat more quickly, and causing the clock to gain time. In the most common arrangement, the bob is attached to the pendulum with an adjustment nut at the bottom, on the threaded end of the pendulum rod. Turning the nut adjusts the height of the bob. But some bobs have levers or dials to adjust the height. In some precision clocks there is a smaller auxiliary weight on a threaded shaft to allow more fine adjustment. Tower clocks sometimes have a tray mounted on the pendulum rod, to which small weights can be added or removed, to adjust the rate without stopping the clock.

The weight of the bob itself has little effect on the period of the pendulum. However, a heavier bob helps to keep the pendulum moving smoothly until it receives its next push from the clock's escapement mechanism. That increases the pendulum's Q factor, making the motion of the pendulum more independent of the escapement and the errors it introduces, leading to increased accuracy. On the other hand, the heavier the bob is the more energy must be supplied by the clock's power source and more friction and wear occurs in the clock's movement. Pendulum bobs in quality clocks are usually made as heavy as the clock's movement can drive. A common weight for the bob of a one second pendulum, widely used in grandfather clocks and many others, is around 2 kilograms.

See also
Plumb-bob
References
Categories: Pendulums
Navigation menu
RohenTahir
Alerts (2)
Notices (0)
TalkSandboxPreferencesBetaWatchlistContributionsLog outArticleTalkReadEdit sourceView historyWatchSearch

Search Wikipedia
Main page
Contents
Featured content
Current events
Random article
Donate to Wikipedia
Wikipedia store
Interaction
Help
About Wikipedia
Community portal
Recent changes
Contact page
Tools
What links here
Related changes
Upload file
Special pages
Permanent link
Page information
Wikidata item
Cite this page
Print/export
Create a book
Download as PDF
Printable version

Languages
Deutsch
Українська
Edit links
This page was last edited on 23 April 2018, at 23:32.
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization.
Privacy policyAbout WikipediaDisclaimersContact WikipediaDevelopersCookie statementMobile viewWikimedia Foundation Powered by MediaWiki

#9 2018-10-02 15:58:13

Stylingirl

Please keep this thread on topic about the game or it will be closed.

#10 2018-10-02 17:23:08

WalrusesConquer

Hey guys
How about if we had baby food?
Mashed Berry's and water/milk
Why?
Attaches to a baby and feeds them till empty
WORKING MOMS
Being a nurse is overwhelming and chaotic
At least this will bring slightly less and still have something to do

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#11 2018-10-03 06:24:35

The_Llamacorn

Meh, seems a bit unnecessary. Just get a nurse. You can't just attach a bottle to your baby irl anyway...

Noobs are fine, but noobs that don't listen and refuse to learn, get on my nerves. Your ignorance will lead you to Donkey Town one day.

"Hugs from grandma"
-Rose Winter

#12 2018-10-03 17:55:15

Mr. Milkweed

The_Llamacorn wrote:

Meh, seems a bit unnecessary. Just get a nurse. You can't just attach a bottle to your baby irl anyway...

You could certainly try.

I'm that one guy who says "same" when anybody says "I love you." and pops his berries in the mouths of abandoned children.

#13 2018-10-03 18:27:12

Aurora Aurora

Aurora was here

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#14 2018-10-03 19:50:41

WalrusesConquer

Hmm how about basic furniture?
A table can hold two items... Maybe eating there would give a yum bonus?

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#15 2018-10-03 21:43:21

Rohen

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Hmm how about basic furniture?
A table can hold two items... Maybe eating there would give a yum bonus?

Would be abused by gooseberry-eating babies to get 10x yum bonus before even reaching adulthood.

#16 2018-10-04 04:01:23

Broken_Milk

I never actually posted a post thanking an eve mom for teaching me how to do temperature so very long ago.. She called me hopeless but still decided to help.. obviously she didn't manage to find a very good spot and the lineage died soon but.. just.. thank you.. every smart mom was testing me for knowledge of temperature and then abandoned me when they realized, as you said yourself, that I was hopeless. Thank you eve mom ;-;

#17 2018-10-04 15:50:20

Luniatji

I would like to have diapers though .. and that that poop can be used as dung. (Say that then baby poop = 1 dung) with smell circling of the baby when not changed and the kid getting more hunger because no good childcare.

Some random things~

#18 2018-10-04 16:21:09

Aurora Aurora

Luniatji wrote:

I would like to have diapers though .. and that that poop can be used as dung. (Say that then baby poop = 1 dung) with smell circling of the baby when not changed and the kid getting more hunger because no good childcare.

Some random things~

Thats like... too much

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#19 2018-10-04 16:29:48

Luniatji

It would be funny though; "Mooom bro stinks change him!"

#20 2018-10-04 17:14:17

WalrusesConquer

That'd cool! Another layer to baby's!

Recent favorite lives:

#21 2018-10-04 18:17:00

Anshin

LOL, wool diapers catch one poop. I can imagine the Composter yelling at all moms to "DIAPER THE BABIES!!!" or get stabbed for wasting poops... lol

#22 2018-10-04 18:26:33

Anshin

wool hat + shears = wool diaper (imagine you turned it inside out and cut holes for the legs)
wool diaper + baby = diapered baby
diapered baby + aging to when they can pick stuff up = kid + soiled diaper
soiled diaper + wet compost pile = composting compost pile + dirty diaper
dirty diaper + simmering water = wool diaper

#23 2018-10-04 19:00:31

UnnoticedShadow

I’m commenting here to make the thread longer, if mods don’t mind, I might spam a bit, but only temporarily, on only THIS thread.

Last edited by UnnoticedShadow (2018-10-04 19:00:55)

#24 2018-10-04 19:05:34

Luniatji

Kid won't exit soiled diaper = Stinking kid in dirty diaper
Stinking kid in dirty diaper => kid exits diaper => stinking kid + dirty diaper
Dirty diaper + simmering water = wool diaper
Stinking kid + simmering water =  clean kid

#25 2018-10-04 19:37:53

PeaGirl

Luniatji wrote:

Kid won't exit soiled diaper = Stinking kid in dirty diaper
Stinking kid in dirty diaper => kid exits diaper => stinking kid + dirty diaper
Dirty diaper + simmering water = wool diaper
Stinking kid + simmering water =  clean kid

Stinking kid in dirty diaper + 3 minutes = grown man with diapers or grown woman with birth control.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

Board footer