One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-22 08:08:15

Spot

Bug: Food goes into backpack when trying to eat by clicking the face

This was fixed in the latest update. Thank you Jason.

The code that determines where you click when you click on yourself has been fixed to prevent mistaken clicks on your clothing that extends behind your face when you click on your face.  This was particularly troublesome for children wearing backpacks or aprons.  Clicking their face to eat food used to mistakenly put the food into the backpack or apron pocket (because for a child, the backpack strap and apron top are behind their face).  Now the head takes precedence, given that it's actually in front of the clothing anyway.

Any food goes directly into the backpack when I'm trying to eat by clicking on the face of my character.

This happens only when you are younger (I don't know the age but you can see it in the video below).

I can eat only by clicking the hair, probably the eating/face area box is to high and should be moved a bit down for younger characters?

betEFt0.gif

Last edited by Spot (2018-10-06 16:32:20)

#2 2018-09-22 08:24:24

voy178

Re: Bug: Food goes into backpack when trying to eat by clicking the face

I usually press the lower part of the body to feed when I've got a backpack.

A lot of people with backpacks don't use them efficiently to transport items that benefit society or don't need them, so I'd say it's safer if you don't have a backpack and invest in an apron if you want to have some food on you.

#3 2018-09-22 09:42:11

jinbaili83

Backpack and cloths hitboxes overlap face part like if they are on top of it.

#4 2018-09-22 10:00:12

Trick

This has killed me a few times where I sit there and keep putting food in my backpack while I starve to death.

lol

#5 2018-09-22 13:54:41

Anshin

I find you have to click right in front of her head at about nose height. Not on her face, but just ahead of it.

#6 2018-09-22 14:07:44

Joriom
Website

Is it just this character model or others as well?
Seeing how you show the problem on example of ginger lady I can't help to think its because its the newest model. It might use hitbox of older character or simply "something" (like backpack) is unintentionally covering model itself even though its looks like its "behind".

I've also removed the second thread. Why two of them though? And its not like you double posted by accident because there were like 20 minutes in between of them...

#7 2018-09-22 14:37:47

UnnoticedShadow

No, it's a problem with EVERY character model, much before this, I just never put it because I figured it was in known bugs. . .

#8 2018-09-22 14:39:16

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Yeah, problem here is that the backpack is mostly "under" your head when you're this young.

BTW.... clicking the face isn't necessary.  You just need to click somewhere on your body.

The mouse UI has been changed here recently to allow swapping backpack items with right-click, which means that regular-click on backpack is for insert (regular-click on backpack used to do nothing, so it would default to making you eat what you were holding).

Anyway, I think that clicking on your sweater should work.  If your hand is empty, it will remove the sweater.  But if you're holding food, you should eat it.

#9 2018-09-22 14:45:12

PeaGirl

Solution is to try to click on tummy area or such. As long as it doesn't hit the backbag's area of pixels, which seem to overlap all other items on front of it. I remember dying glorious death in mid age when trying to eat the berry with bald old man. It's not only youth but elderly have slight issues when it comes for eating, although it is not that threatening issue in that matter.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#10 2018-09-22 14:48:10

Anshin

Having to relearn the click area for eating is totally worth being able to swap stuff in the back pack. Thank you!

#11 2018-09-22 14:48:18

UnnoticedShadow

I just click on my head, it's not that hard once you get used to it, though puzzling for beginners.

#12 2018-09-22 19:18:45

Spot

Joriom wrote:

Is it just this character model or others as well?
Seeing how you show the problem on example of ginger lady I can't help to think its because its the newest model. It might use hitbox of older character or simply "something" (like backpack) is unintentionally covering model itself even though its looks like its "behind".

I think this happens for all the characters (different skin tones and hair styles) at that age.

Joriom wrote:

I've also removed the second thread. Why two of them though? And its not like you double posted by accident because there were like 20 minutes in between of them...

Well, it was a different bug (that the character plays the eating animation when placing food in the backpack as you can see in the gif), I should post it again or can you get it back from trash? Thanks.

#13 2018-09-22 21:01:17

VioletLily

I had to relearn where to click to eat as well. It is even worse when you are wearing an empty apron as a kid. The only place you can click to eat in that case is the very top of the head. There are still times when I fight with my backpack two or three times before successfully eating. XD

#14 2018-09-22 21:23:16

Joriom
Website

Spot wrote:

Well, it was a different bug (that the character plays the eating animation when placing food in the backpack as you can see in the gif), I should post it again or can you get it back from trash? Thanks.

Woops, my bad then. Although image used was the same and caption was really similar so you can use single thread for this as related to the same "problem" technically speaking.

#15 2018-09-22 23:01:05

pein

yeah its better now with packs, was like learning the game again and i almost starved myself a few times

i got a proposition do:
space bar should be a shortcut to eat from the food you are holding
its a reflex to me that i hold my hand at wasd anyway and i think most of us do, you could play this game with only a mouse if you dont talk
but an icon or space bar could be nice for this purpose, lot of time others cover us or lag makes us stress about it
shouldnt be hard to eat

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#16 2018-09-23 00:59:23

boggers

I click on pants or butt to eat. Makes sense when it all ends up as poop anyway.

#17 2018-09-23 07:49:09

Spot

boggers wrote:

I click on pants or butt to eat. Makes sense when it all ends up as poop anyway.

Wouldn't it make sense if you clicked the face/mouth as you eat first and then poop? No one eats with it's butt.

#18 2018-10-06 16:31:51

Spot

This was fixed in the latest update. Thank you Jason.

The code that determines where you click when you click on yourself has been fixed to prevent mistaken clicks on your clothing that extends behind your face when you click on your face.  This was particularly troublesome for children wearing backpacks or aprons.  Clicking their face to eat food used to mistakenly put the food into the backpack or apron pocket (because for a child, the backpack strap and apron top are behind their face).  Now the head takes precedence, given that it's actually in front of the clothing anyway.

Board footer