One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-26 22:07:16

Neo

Common red flags for griefers

The sooner you can takeout a griefer the better, Ideally before they turn 10.  Lotta towns don't notice and let them live to adulthood and get the knife.

1. Jumping out and running around heaps as a baby.

2. Pointing to gear as baby.

3. Never saying anything.

4.  Trying to make a weapon that the town already has.

5. Hoards files and blades in pack at a young age.

6 . They say they are a "hunter". Usually an excuse to have weapons.

7. If they are making paper kill asap.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-26 22:25:09)

#2 2018-08-26 22:44:52

Anshin

Re: Common red flags for griefers

Be limp.
Naked.
Cry more.
Defenseless.
Leave weapons lying around.
Accept hoards of predators around town.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhzv5u9XVkSARKSQXf53ARKdXVkVlaVqw1OYrqWdueDNZS0X_1

#3 2018-08-26 23:07:43

Joriom
Website

8. Their name is Joriom

9. They write 666 in chat.

#4 2018-08-26 23:11:36

Neo

Joriom wrote:

8. Their name is Joriom

9. They write 666 in chat.

Just out of curiosity, How often are you stopped?

Do you basically kill every town you spawn in or do people kill you alot.

Do you target specific types of towns like Early Gens that are easier to grief or would you rather go for a city that's been around for 30 generations.

Last edited by Neo (2018-08-26 23:15:18)

#5 2018-08-26 23:49:33

Joriom
Website

The bigger the city - the more fun ruining it.
Kill every town, just a bit of breathing room to early civs.
Stopped? What do you mean by "stopped"? Is that even possible?

#6 2018-08-27 00:36:46

Roblor

It's actually kind of a relief for the small families when the big towns are wiped.
I've lived lives as the only fertile female in very small settlements WITHOUT birthing a SINGLE FUCKING child and those big motherfucking city just hoards all the baby spawns.
You know what?
Fuck em!

That said, people heat-running around, picking off the SMALL settlements; those people just plain suck.

Last edited by Roblor (2018-08-27 00:47:07)

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#7 2018-08-27 03:30:29

Neo

Roblor wrote:

It's actually kind of a relief for the small families when the big towns are wiped.
I've lived lives as the only fertile female in very small settlements WITHOUT birthing a SINGLE FUCKING child and those big motherfucking city just hoards all the baby spawns.
You know what?
Fuck em!

That said, people heat-running around, picking off the SMALL settlements; those people just plain suck.

Yeah towns do need an occasional restart tbh. I think once a city exhausts all content then getting griefed dosnt matter as much, They can't progress any further anyway.
I usually live a few times in a city before it dies out anyway. No one wants the same town over and over.

I'm only playing in small towns this week anyways because of the exploit.

#8 2018-08-27 04:15:48

Matbat

1. Gotta explore, trying to baby me while I'm a baby isn't exactly the most optimal use of my first three useless but bipedal minutes.

2. No one else is getting it, why shouldn't I have it then?

3. Its a pain, and takes a lot of time, to have to explain things some times. Its also a decent trust exercise to never speak the entirety of your life but work hard for your civ.

4. Occasionally people treat you with major suspicion if you're asking for a weapon, on those occasions its good to have your own weapon to deal justice when the paranoid are unable.

5. Some times a person takes it into their own hands to prevent others from making weapons due to previous bad experiences.
There are also times where weapons just need to stop being produced, during the latter times if its a male with the file they should be asked to give it to a female.

6 . If they say hunter, check nearby grey biome/swamp/desert depeding on what weapon, if dead hostile animals leave them be, if not treat with suspicion.

7. Or maybe they're just.. making paper so people can write their thoughts..?

This list looks more like "Experienced player red flags", of course experienced players can be incredible dangerous too.
I feel like I have many attack-able points on myself, oh well. Maybe I'm blind and these are actual red flags.

Before I only go against you, I'll add my own red flag.

Asking for clothes off peoples backs, in particular packs. I find these to be lazy players who if not ingratiated will start horrendous acts.

Last edited by Matbat (2018-08-27 04:23:01)

#9 2018-08-27 04:31:08

Neo

Matbat wrote:

1. Gotta explore, trying to baby me while I'm a baby isn't exactly the most optimal use of my first three useless but bipedal minutes.

2. No one else is getting it, why shouldn't I have it then?

3. Its a pain, and takes a lot of time, to have to explain things some times. Its also a decent trust exercise to never speak the entirety of your life but work hard for your civ.

4. Occasionally people treat you with major suspicion if you're asking for a weapon, on those occasions its good to have your own weapon to deal justice when the paranoid are unable.

5. Some times a person takes it into their own hands to prevent others from making weapons due to previous bad experiences.
There are also times where weapons just need to stop being produced, during the latter times if its a male with the file they should be asked to give it to a female.

6 . If they say hunter, check nearby grey biome/swamp/desert depeding on what weapon, if dead hostile animals leave them be, if not treat with suspicion.

7. Or maybe they're just.. making paper so people can write their thoughts..?

This list looks more like "Experienced player red flags", of course experienced players can be incredible dangerous too.
I feel like I have many attack-able points on myself, oh well. Maybe I'm blind and these are actual red flags.

Yeah, I guess alot of experienced players tend to be griefers too. They get bitter over that nobody is as good as them and grief.
Please don't "explore" as a baby. If I'm your mum I will probably show you the town anyway.

Experienced players can be good but some get all uppity which is frustrating.

#10 2018-08-27 22:57:15

pein

every time im killed a half page post gets created about it xD every time im not, a full page complaint gets created
i dont think any of you is unkillable, if you play normally and work, and kill people a 80-20 killrate is kinda normal , i generally bring 3-4 people down even if they got knifes and i murder in middle of the city, once i killed 2, dropped 11 kids in pit and 2 escaped cause wasnt cleaned out
until the twins grown up, nobody expected anything

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer