One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-23 03:41:09

BlueRock

What is the Best Item in OHOL?

Hello, and welcome back to random player feedback hour.

Today I'd like to talk about the Best Item in OHOL. This one is a bit subjective since 'best' can carry different meanings based on the preference of the person; however, this is why it is interesting to ask these questions. What is the best Item in OneLife in regards to your personal preference? This can mean the best: calorie giver, the item you had the most memorable experience with, favourite recipe process, your favourite tool, or even your favourite animal. Feel free to list a few items, if you can't pick one, but I'd like to see a reason why you like it/them so much!

I for one find the Fruit Boot to be one of the best items in the game, and it's for a few reasons. The Fruit Boot finds its origin in a bug which allowed a player to wear the cactus fruit on their feet! To do this glitch a user would fill their hunger bar, and then while full they would 'eat' the fruit, but instead of being eaten it was applied on the foot as if it were a shoe. A user was then able to carry around extra food, and it became such a nice tool that instead of being removed the glitch was re-purposed into the Fruit Boot. The Fruit Boot resembles a mastery of the Desert in a way; it contains the skin of the deadly rattlesnake, and requires a knife and needle with thread to be made, then has the benefit of holding the cactus fruit. It also happens to be one of the coolest looking shoes in the game.

Seen Here:
Fruit Boot Icon
fMSj713.png
Fruit Boots on Player
H02cgQE.png
'Cactoes'
Dt6QVrI.jpg

So, post below what you think is the best!

#2 2018-08-23 03:50:49

Anshin

Re: What is the Best Item in OHOL?

Ah the fruitboot. Giving snakes a more noble purpose.

Best item: Backpack obj_198.png

Cutest animal: Gosling obj_1255.png

#3 2018-08-23 03:57:44

Joriom
Website

I vote for knife obj_560.png

It brings so much fun to the game!

#4 2018-08-23 04:50:03

Neo

Sheep, Not an item itself but allows us to make lots of useful shit.

#5 2018-08-23 05:06:00

Booklat1

I think it would be the berry, hard to start a civ without them, hard to live a life without them.

I do agree that fruit boots are amazing though, such a cool functionality plus history make it very iconical. And it looks cool? yea, on the top for sure

#6 2018-08-23 05:39:29

pein

i loved aprons and the ability to stash one item in them, and you dont even need to leave the city

pie, knife, needle, hammer, its just good to have one single visible tool
i always end up making one, generally the first one, i seen big cities having 4-6-8 and was kinda funny that half was made by me

also straw hats. while i tend the sheep and make compost, i go crazy on wheat fields and its not so hard to spare some to make  hats
i always give it to hard workers , even if its an elder or a kid, it ends up on scavengers or on their babies which makes me sad a bit, but generally you can make enough for entire population and its a bit more welcoming for babies that they arent fully left out of every gear

Last edited by pein (2018-08-23 05:40:32)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-08-23 06:21:26

BlueRock

Please Note: All Animals are items.
Thanks for your replies guys!

#8 2018-08-23 12:37:21

carbon

BlueRock wrote:

It also happens to be one of the coolest looking shoes in the game.

... Coolest is subjective. But it looks like it's on fire and it's quirkily useful, so I guess I'll give in.

I personally fancy the basket. Easy to make (wheat or reeds), great for exploring, and bringing back various souvenirs is a joy to the community. Now with the stacking update, it's pretty spicy.

Also, INB4 @TheRedBug

#9 2018-08-24 00:58:07

Carrot-Seedling

Hmm. that's a tough one.

I'd say the most useful item is dirt because it's the pathway to food. Any dirt will do.

The most useful animal is the horsey wagon to go real fast without roads.

The cutest animal is the gosling of course.

And the most dangerous (and useful!) weapon is the bow and arrow to kill the bears and wolves and griefers and such.

You have now laid eyes upon the one and only Raidan Allcock on the leaderboards. tongue

#10 2018-08-24 22:28:45

Randomname

Bowls, you need them for everything.  Want a farm? You need a bowl.  Want to Smith? Bowl.  Want to make dirt? Bowl.  Want to run far as a young kid? Bowl of berries. Want some Stew? Bowl.

Never enough of them and how lovely that they stack now, brilliant.

#11 2018-08-25 02:44:30

Turnipseed

Randomname wrote:

Bowls, you need them for everything.  Want a farm? You need a bowl.  Want to Smith? Bowl.  Want to make dirt? Bowl.  Want to run far as a young kid? Bowl of berries. Want some Stew? Bowl.

Never enough of them and how lovely that they stack now, brilliant.

Good point....

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer