a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-05-02 13:14:41

pein

Re: feedback - state of gameplay

today so far

-born as eve or eves kid right on start, suicide
-eve run in ice and swamp, no food
-eves son, she died fertile before i setup everything, accidentally picked up a sister and she died, maybe mo was hungry, still she had the chance after
-dead by bear and tree blocking my way out, was young with backpack, first carrot farm i seen today, died behind tree, so sorry
-born as eves daughter, she started making tools but i found water for her, she made knitting tools instead of tongs, raised two daughters, got rabbit, bowls, my big daughter was 24+ when i starved trying to water my desert camp, but they ate all from the 5 bushes i left them, they made it cause carrot was growing in my moms noob camp, hope they moved to mine
-eve run 2 kids, they died , found a nice spot with water, soil, more green biome south, big swamp, no desert tho, had no mood to continue after they died, heard bell too
-girl with backpack was my mom, she left me in middle of swamp once couldnt pick me up, most disappointing death, she was runnign for bell, drop a fcking onion bitch
-first time in big town, then second time
first i was a guy, late life managed to gear myself up, seen my oven base design in  big, 7x7 inner size
as i grew older, i made a few fences to strategic zones, one to main oven, one near 3+ soils, south east
i tried to feed sheep but not enough bowls, so i started getting soil, we made a huge milkweed farm, bunnies were plenty so we could make enough packs
we had a nice path of stone tiles, with a bell tower on making
berry bushes like 4 in line, 10 lines
compost was going well, as mutton pies, not much smithing in my two lives
second life i was lucky i born between 4 kids, my map knowledge let me get a thread somehow, so i had my pack, then i sheared the sheep and made full wool clothes and a loin cloth. i spent my life making more fences, to berry, to oven, to crust makers, one more in the pen, then we had easy job transporting stuff around. too many babies probably none of my kids make it, someone started painting clothes but everyone messed around also they didnt make it with two fire, so i went out, getting my own indigo and madder, and alum, went back, people still  messing around but managed to make my madder and the alum same time so everyone who wanted got the red clothes, i just asked near fire, who is a smart kid, a guy stepped out, i fed him, gave all my clothes, fed him again then i starved at 58, told him to bring horse from east, hope he gonna manage, we had enough mutton bones to make a room out of it

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#27 2018-05-02 14:18:19

breezeknight

2 mai 2018

first Eva in snow - suicide
further inbetween 5 Eves, didn't like to play any, all suicide

9 female babies, 5 in the same towns, where murder took place & people didn't care for nothing
among them one female baby where the very first thing i saw was a knife - great - suicide

as male baby today :
- lived to 23, died then alone because Eve was inexperienced & didn't survive, i was not in the mood to play alone further, my sister died already as baby
- one male baby in town with murder - suicide
- one male baby among many kids in big town, a female abducted me out of the bunch, unfriendly people, they didn't care, suicided at 18
- born to wild Eve in nowhere - suicide
- born into town without food, starved
- wild Eve, left for dead
- clothed Eve gathering, left for dead
- two times half wild Eves, starved both times
- wild Eve in nowhere - suicide
- again the same town with murder - suicide
- again the same town where nobody cares - suicide
- the last time was the only time where i made a life which was fulfilling - hunted for rabbits first, made me a backpack, since they made pies & carts in the town so i was able to start at the end of my life a milkweed farm, died at 60 between soil & unplanted milkweed seeds

#28 2018-05-02 15:28:42

pein

haha breeze, so similar
unfortunately i cant deny any town with murder, its a town

today was lucky, maybe city where you say the neglected you
we ran out of caring moms, after famine we started storing food

seen one murder and agreed, our shepperd stabbed a guy for wasting, a guy fed a baby with mutton pie, if you really care then take a basket of carrots and fed with that, i also let my kids die, as i was a busy woman, gettign extra soil for milkweed and ability to feed sheep rather than make compost, as i wanted a better start for kids than i had first run, our berry was regrowing and a famine just happened so was ideal time to keep pop count low

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#29 2018-05-02 16:03:18

breezeknight

in that town that didn't care & later suicided at 18, i was a wee kid with no clothing so pretty much prone to fast starvation, stood by the berry bush farm where everybody has eaten berries & a female said to me i shouldn't eat berries - yeah, i went then into the wild to die in peace

#30 2018-05-02 17:31:27

pein

Was me, told a black hair kid not to eat berry he was storing in basket, farm was running in five, south we still had berries in wilderness, that's how I survived first run. We had basket and berry bowl shortage. They destroyed in five minutes what we waiting one hour.

#31 2018-05-02 19:43:27

breezeknight

?

i didn't have a basket, didn't have anything
there wasn't any farm, must have been some other town, some other female, some other kid tongue

#32 2018-05-03 10:10:15

pein

my mom made too many kids, i think i was second, funny we were all brown, she white, blonde
she kept two more , they died, i didnt wanted help them cause i had the last tow berries i known on map, i ran a lot around, seen more corpses tought im alone but she reach old , with few more dead kids
i had a daughter left near the farm, still died
i went back to a perfect desert spot only required some soil to be viable, lot of rabbit too. had a daughter on the way but didnt wanted to keep, tought other alive, well, no.
then i sayed goodbye to mom ,wen t back to setup farm with a bowl, later go back, get the tools, all i needed
had a daughter and a son
son just stood in desert, daughter dropped out of my hand all the time
told them that i need to get back to marker
daughter dropped 5 times, almost starving me picking up and up and up, and at the end they stood near berry bushes when the carrot farm waiting us, they got lost in a straight fucking diagonal run, i told daughter i shoot her, really wanted, she made me lose enough tiem to become old, still someone so stupid cant keep up a lineage

eves second daughter, sis standing in place, i follow, im small, she is a kid, mom loses too much time

small village, desert, savannas, lot of wells,in a wall, smaller bro not happy i just bake the bunnies when everyone starves left and right, then i got no marker, so i lost myself, wasnt that bad but probably too much grind without green biome, and they doing the wrong things, mom smithing with 5 kids, two bears roaming

eve son, suicide
eve second kid, son, noob daughter, abandoned
eve in ice, suicide

eves son, daughter dies soon she grows
1 pond at a time, like 4 max, she chucks down marker in green and hoards everything back, suicide

third run, son into small family with 5-6 people,  bro was super, bit older than me, even reborn
mom was noobish but trying hard, most of her kids died after she raised up, we smithed slowly, others cannot farm properly, or too much, or not enough, until we completed the hammer, they were down to 3 soil, when axe ready we were almost out of strait branches, but then we cut desert trees and we got some nice space back
bro had to be reminded what is important but got the drill, we managed to set farm back
we were down to one sister then two girls then one of them only alive, she was kinda bad too, but had many daughters, even too much
i made bow and shot goose, they made milkweed farm, i got more iron more firewood, really without basket and curved shaft you cant even make the smitihing, they did it slowly and i had to provide iron and wood
was so hard to starve with a huge green biome after a small patch of ice, they still managed it
i hid the bow and the goose, i didnt trusted anyone, but old age had to get them out, they might use it, hopefully not to kill
time lost on checking kids and farm was too much, i dont mind but setting up sheep pen gonna be too hard, all the neglegted biys, felt so bad, so like 4 generations ran near us, me and bro could only make difference, still was nice.

#33 2018-05-03 12:22:41

breezeknight

pein wrote:

..., and they doing the wrong things, mom smithing with 5 kids, two bears roaming

Rofl

yeah, that's OHOL

it's quite insane

it's also insane all the death surrounding
it's like a death simulation, probably 75% is dead before even reaching adulthood, 20% of the remaining don't live to 60, only 5% manages to get there lol
i call OHOL meantime CoMADeath = Couple of Minutes Another Death tongue

i had few days ago a run with some other deaths for a change,
where i was killed by either snakes or wolves, was strange on that day, usually i don't die from animals that often & also not in a row lol

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-03 12:25:37)

#34 2018-05-04 09:22:11

breezeknight

4 mai 2018

1. female baby to wild Eve, sec daughter - suicide
  2. male baby to wild Eve, sorry, snow - starved
  3. male baby to wild Eve in badlands, left for dead - starved
  4. female baby to Eve, just home marker, second daughter - suicide
  5. Eve in prairie, east snow, north & west badlands, south snow - starved
  6. male baby, second son, sorry - starved
  7. female baby, beginner settlement - suicide
  8. male baby, badlands, 2 wolves, left for dead - killed by wolf
  9. female baby, second kid - suicide
10. female baby, second kid - suicide
11. female baby to wild Eve - suicide
12. male baby, badlands, left for dead - starved

13. Eve in prairie, several kids left for dead - lived alone to 60, didn't respawn in the same place afterwards, so no continuation possible

14. male baby, left for dead - starved
15. female baby to wild Eve, third daughther - suicide
16. female baby to wild Eve - suicide

17. male baby in small town
became rabbit hunter, brought many rabbits back, made a milkweed farm, bear appeared, baby was murdered because of no food - died at 58

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-04 09:24:25)

#35 2018-05-04 09:26:26

pein

eve kid, bad biome , suicide
eve kid, suicide, barely started
mom geared, planting berry bushes, raised me, i got a snare, went out, only two hard to find bunnies, running 10 min for food, to get off the load from farm, back to 3rd and 4th rabbit, going for food, just as i found some cactus so i can continue to get a pack and go back to city, a guy with bow shot me, "dont leave kid" of he gonna not eat my cactus and leave the kid, pathetic idiot, i was barley sixteen on a famine, he running around with a bow, and i should not leave a kid
geared teenage mom, abandoned
afk eve, dead
teenage mom, abandoned
born back to the city where i was killed, seen the guy killing someone else, wanted revenge but he was kinda old and never seen again, with the griefer bitch who took tools away, had 3 kids after i had my pack, daughter was busy farming, i died cause i shot the wolf and lag just didnt let me step out. all other kids died sooner so hanging by a thread, people were farming sapling and writing, idiots ruin it, age 40 so didnt matter
abandoned, told me sorry, cute little girl with pack and seal skin
same family as before, the murder camp. sofi and luci my daughters were alive, had many kdis, nice farm, got some adobe and made one more kiln but then wanted to find my body, my backpack popped and carrying my kid was too far without the extra carrot, died in snow, seen pack and bow slightly far from original, told them where stuff is so wasnt fully useless, but too many kids and low gears, had to risk

eves daughter, late years tried to move farm to desert, left with a noob granddaughter who made knitting needles, and stacked juniper but couldnt make kindling, rest was dead by farm, draining ponds, i hunted a whole savannah they made one backpack
could of set up desert nicely if not spend time for hunt, if you are naked dont make 10 kids cause eats all berries and you all starve, told them  i dont run  fr water so far, move farm, they didnt care, was late when i did it

#36 2018-05-04 09:36:17

breezeknight

yes, you get killed for nothing in OHOL,
just because it's possible with no consequences, killers in OHOL get off scot-free

it won't take long now untill i'm gone for the next half a year
not wasting my time anymore with this death simulation
i am pretty tired by now with the same death scenarios & the positive runs so seldom & often then spoiled by useless killing for fun & out of boredom with stupid excuses
so sick of it sad

#37 2018-05-04 10:37:24

Siolfor the Jackal

Seems like 90% of what you do is suicide, so yeah... not really sure what you expect to happen.

#38 2018-05-04 13:08:48

breezeknight

@Siolfor the Jackal

Siolfor the Jackal wrote:

Seems like 90% of what you do is suicide, so yeah... not really sure what you expect to happen.

i do not suicide

i am protesting by suicide - that's a difference, isn't it ?

please inform yourself about the matters involved, here
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1367

i am protesting by the only defence left, it's like a hunger protest after nothing else is left than to become a violent offender myself, which i refuse
i am protesting because in OHOL i am left helpless & defenseless against any player with a bow or knife, self righteous or just bored

what i expect to happen ?

i expect OHOL to be about what is promissed on the main page - a "game of parenting and civilization building"
so far is OHOL about in what way you get killed in your next couple of minutes life & how many different scenarios of other players killed you have to endure
& i am not even mentioning the constant infanticide

my suicide is not at 90%
if you count correctly, my suicide today stands at 50%, the rest of lifes are either starved because left for dead by the mother with two lives indeed lived

#39 2018-05-04 14:22:15

Siolfor the Jackal

Obviously 90% was hyperbole.
There is no difference, suicide is suicide. I've read your other post, you're just being a whiny baby. Protesting by suicide, you're just as bad as the griefers that kill people claiming it's also in some sort of protest. All you're doing is annoying other players. If you are unhappy with the game, then do us all a favour and play something else.

#40 2018-05-04 14:52:19

breezeknight

There is no difference, suicide is suicide. I've read your other post, you're just being a whiny baby. Protesting by suicide, you're just as bad as the griefers that kill people claiming it's also in some sort of protest. All you're doing is annoying other players. If you are unhappy with the game, then do us all a favour and play something else.

you are free to stay away from this thread
& you have no right to tell me to scram

#41 2018-05-04 14:59:33

KucheKlizma

breezeknight wrote:

He is free to stay within the thread and has the full right to tell you to scram though.

You are free to stay away from this thread
& you have no right to tell people they have no right to speak.

#42 2018-05-04 23:22:34

YAHG

KucheKlizma wrote:
breezeknight wrote:

He is free to stay within the thread and has the full right to tell you to scram though.

You are free to stay away from this thread
& you have no right to tell people they have no right to speak.

Amen cept the last part, he can tell em whatever, he just wrong lol <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#43 2018-05-04 23:24:21

KucheKlizma

Haha yeah was just joking at that point...

#44 2018-05-05 02:34:59

Siolfor the Jackal

I never said you have to leave, I suggested it, since you are clearly not enjoying the game. It's what any reasonable person would do...
You're having a tantrum and taking it out on other players, most of which probably don't deserve it.

And you're not going to stop, can you at least stop using ampersands in place of 'and'?

#45 2018-05-05 06:34:25

YAHG

Please keep the &'s it is a nice little touch that sets you apart, I do love how so many people have
their own little styles of typing their posts. What sort of things people are always on about or are
their pet gripes, start to notice things that the same people always do.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#46 2018-05-05 06:41:11

breezeknight

YAHG wrote:

Please keep the &'s it is a nice little touch that sets you apart, I do love how so many people have
their own little styles of typing their posts. What sort of things people are always on about or are
their pet gripes, start to notice things that the same people always do.

thank you
& i sure will wink

#47 2018-05-05 06:51:53

YAHG

breezeknight wrote:
YAHG wrote:

blah blah blah

thank you
& i sure will wink

<3

#48 2018-05-07 21:18:11

pein

-abandoned boy in ice biome
-mom picked me up and found location, i was a boy, made marker, sis was born, nice map, barely started to build stuff, but lag made me starve from 5 bars dropping item near a bush at age 9
-eve with other son, no need for me
-big city pen got griefed over and over, too many knifes, at least 4-5, had 3 at end, granny killing boys, killed her, lady killed a guy, it was fine for a while, tried to fix pen but six kids come, dropped them off but nobody care, nobody water crops, killed an afk kid, who stood in fire while we working, got killed on slowdown
-suicide, small nude eves kid
-born back to city, abandoned
-suice, eve kid
-born back to big city, fixed pen, or i tought so, then had to use adobe for corner block xD no water, too many lazy kids. made fence inside pits, and rest bones
lady got back stolen stuff from south camp, pouches still missing
-mom in seal skin, 3 ladies, nobody cares about farm, mom is smarter, she runs out and gets basket with curved shafts, i got no option than to pick seed row which was already picked, as they dont care about me, no water anyway, lady eats all the bushes raising a kid, hope she can fix the farm, died at 12 making a pack but no food anywhere
-next life mom had a small farm, one guy made himself backpack, but the biome had no branches left, they were late on smithing
i went out to find other biome, i went around and found a biome, pretty far to north west, made the hammer, then axe and the hoe, had to run far back for a new branch. lady farmed and babysitted, many kids died, then one lady reached older age, small farm in desert, plenty of water but famine hit in on the watering state, i almost starved, others died, made a backpack for babysitting girl, then i showed a boy the hunter camp, was far, but the two patch of soil made enough carrots to hunt undisturbed, one pond so couldnt make more there, at the end 4 of them all had backpack and instructed kids to get baskets as it was a mess around the farm. soil was scarce but i left everything in viable state, as the branches will grow back, they got a good chance
born in big city, locked sign:wildfuck, griefed pen, many rooms, unfinished, some from stone, bakery was very nice, fixed the pen, lady started composting, guy got us a new lamb, made knife, i just made a saddle and scouted, scavenged, brought back stuff lost, made parking spots
queen alone in city, abandoned me, this is selfish bitch behaviour, clearly had enough resources
-eves kid, abandoned
-small camp, no branches, too many kids after me, famine, little girl ate and stashed all berries, i tried feed her, nab still ate every second then suicided as adult, made second kiln, bowls, started crucible, as a small girl already made tools, girl tried smithing made pickaxe, guy shot a woman, then me while talking to little girl
-back to big town with well walls and stone road farm, only guys and my mom, she didnt even wanted to keep me but old guy gave pack, knife and then i got blue clothes, mom was bored of the game, so she wanted to quit, convinced her to get a sister. she was overfarming and having few boys, she didnt even kept, then sister came, i geared her, she was farming, then i told her to make a marker, throwing a skewer. she went south and never came back, never found her corpse with the only blue clothes, but really screwed us. Town was nice before but people just digged random pits and let the sheep out, all the lads didnt realize that the fire bow was converted. Sis never came back so i just stashed my stuff, went on horseback around to see if anything is there but not much, i went with the horse i catch bit before, came back with a horsecart, left my horse far south. Babies are rare on that town.lack of branches, as they cut out a lot, but other than that is nice.

#49 2018-05-09 11:40:31

pein

-they kept me somehow alive
they needed furs, so once i grew a bit i got back five and had like 4 more
started smithing, fixed farm, baby girl ate those carrots i watered at her birth, then stole my furs and run with backpack
granny gave me her old backpack, kid didnt even listen
once i made arrows, got goose, made file, saw, tools , she shot me even, fcking disgraceful idiots
-me and sis, few minutes difference, dancing in fire, dancing all our lifes together, she babysitted, i made milkweed farm, got a lot of branches, firewood, we made pies, we farmed
the guys were running around didnt seen much progress, we had no iron, one guy was getting furs, one was shepperd but not much muflons fed, killed
i inherited his knife, a daughter left alive, all other kids dead somehow, had like 9 kids, bestie had  a few too, the only daughter didnt kept any kid, instead used my 3 ropes to make bow and arrow and shot bestie, but missed in farm, i told her, then we chased her, i stabbed her, we went old and died, i tried to make a sheep bone seed fence, running for the shovel i collapsed and died, city looks nice exept no iron and not many bushes but we left a few carts
-born in a small camp, with a nice patch of curved branches, we were crafting the file, so i farmed a bit, got a backpack from a dead body, we made a pen fast, i hid some stuff to make a rope later
went for the goose, guy with arrow, i dont trust them, stash that shit and dont stay in my range so i shot him, too many today, lady seen it, explained it, but she stole the file blank, the chisel she didnt make, the firewood she didnt make, let all her kids dead, was one blonde girl i fed carrots and kept alive, she brought me a basket of carrots, this bitch just lurking around blocking me, stealing firewood, and making a bow, missing the shot, running away, made a knife from stolen stuff, was pretty close, had a leaf in my hand, dropped on bow, she stabbed me, i should of dropped the file, cause she wanted me to do that, then shoot her, was kinda 1 second difference, she was surprised i had the bow in my hand, was old anyway, cant run much with a bow without eating, game became this, you dont trust, you dont want others to be the only weapon holder, only that lazy bastards who dont work and are spoiled at birth, got the time to steal your shit and make weapons

#50 2018-05-09 14:35:08

breezeknight

8 mai 2018

2 Eves - suicide
4 female babies - suicide
2 female babies to wild Eves - suicide
male babies :
- not enough food, inexperienced mother - starved at 4
- stepped on rattle snake behind a tree - 17 years
- left for dead
- born in town, mother told me to farm but i've spent life with what was more needed, making baskets & hunting rabbits - died at 58

9 mai 2018

no Eves
4 female babies - suicide
1 female baby to wild Eve - suicide
male babies :
- stepped on rattle snake in a snake infested town, they had tons of snake skin already - 11 years
- mother stepped on rattle snake while holding me as baby - dead
- mother lost, sis went missing in search for her, set up a beginner camp in comfortable south - died at 60 alone
- nearly same scenario, mother & sibling lost, probably dead, set up a beginner camp - died at 58 alone

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-05-09 14:41:34)

Board footer