One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-04-13 10:54:54

breezeknight

feedback - state of gameplay

16 june 2018

test full gameplay with all lives

played today after 20 days hiatus (because i had it with murder)
& after couple of food updates & some changes to killers & victims (don't understand how that works or if it is at all doing something useful)

1. born as male baby in town - murder !!! several people ran with knives in backpacks, my brother was murdered, one guy with knives asked the other guy if he should kill me, before that i found my young niece & a young cousin who cared for the farms dead, they were maybe killed as well, there was plenty of food around
i prefered not to live further in that cold & confused town

2. born as female baby in town - no murder !!! i had 4 kids, 2 suicided, i cared a little for soil & farm, made baskets, a cart, got some supplies, died at 58

3. born as male baby in town - murder !!! there was a murder by mistake - stepped on a snake with 29

- - -

summary so far with all the food : too complicated, it will probably become even more complicated
the stuff lying around in a chaotic scattered manner is quite disturbing, is constantly in the way, causes even deaths

- - -

4. born as female baby to wild Eve - no murder !!! mother & brother died early, i was lucky being able to eat on my own short after the mother's death, had 4 kids, didn#t have time to set up the camp, the first Eve was too inexperienced, i died with 33 because too many kids, not enough food to reach in time

5. born as female baby in town - murder !!! went to catch rabbits to make some fur, backpacks, clothing
the need to eat different food is distracting
there was a murder, was told that it was willingly
died at 58

- - -

murder occurance rate 3/5 for one player

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28 may 2018

escalation update :

i decided to quit playing until a substantial improvement happens
in favour of the victims, empowering the victims, encouraging the peaceful players

until then, i am not playing anymore

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info why
i suicide as female baby 100%
i don't play Eve in 75% of cases
i don't rear any kids as Eve

ok - i won't be playing any family anymore until gameplay improves

25 may 2018

1. first spawn as female baby, two bloody corpses next to me - suicide
  2. Eve in badlands with 3 bear caves - suicide by bear
  3. female baby to wild Eve - suicide
  4. Eve - lived to 60, would have wanted to respawn in the same place
  5. male baby - left for dead
  6. Eve spawned in town - suicide
  7. female baby in town - suicide
  8. male baby - left for dead
  9. female baby - left for dead
10. male baby, second kid to wild Eve, sorry - starved
11. male baby in beginner settlement, too big area to find food - starved at 23
12. male baby to wild Eve - left for dead
13. Eve - suicide by rattlesnake
14. female baby - suicide
15. Eve, decided to run west, survived to 33 - starved
16. female baby to wild Eve - suicide
17. female baby - suicide
18. male baby to wild Eve - left for dead
19. Eve - suicide by rattlesnake
20. female baby - suicide
21. female baby - suicide
22. Eve - suicide by rattlesnake
23. male baby to wild Eve - all siblings died, mother & me the only survivors - died at 58, was not anymore quick enough to reach food

new challlenge :
survive as Eve running to 60
allowed are sharp stone & basket
carry prefarably two burdocks all the time, munch food on the way

4 may 2018

1. female baby to wild Eve, sec daughter - suicide
  2. male baby to wild Eve, sorry, snow - starved
  3. male baby to wild Eve in badlands, left for dead - starved
  4. female baby to Eve, just home marker, second daughter - suicide
  5. Eve in prairie, east snow, north & west badlands, south snow - starved
  6. male baby, second son, sorry - starved
  7. female baby, beginner settlement - suicide
  8. male baby, badlands, 2 wolves, left for dead - killed by wolf
  9. female baby, second kid - suicide
10. female baby, second kid - suicide
11. female baby to wild Eve - suicide
12. male baby, badlands, left for dead - starved

13. Eve in prairie, several kids left for dead - lived alone to 60, didn't respawn in the same place afterwards, so no continuation possible

14. male baby, left for dead - starved
15. female baby to wild Eve, third daughther - suicide
16. female baby to wild Eve - suicide

17. male baby in small town
became rabbit hunter, brought many rabbits back, made a milkweed farm, bear appeared, baby was murdered because of no food - died at 58

30 apr 2018

last session's statistics

female baby - 5 times, once born next to a murder / suicide everytime as promissed (no family)

Eva - 3 times, childless as promissed (no family) :
1) spawned into settlement, tried a hand at smithing, it took too long so i didn't manage to make a needed saw
2) the same town with the murder (suicide)
3) again Eva, bored, suicide

male baby - 5 times
1) started well, where first the mother wasn't around & some other female took care, later mother came back, but a murder started, so i suicided
2) born again into the same town (suicide)
3) the woman who took care of me did not have any milk, realised too late
4) mother Eva wasn't much experienced, born in the wild, she set up a farm, but then collapsed, either too late for a berry or connection lost, i lived later till 60, made pottery, caught rabbits, made pouches, farmed a little, didn't manage to pies
14 apr 2018

on that singular day i witnessed several murders &
i was killed two times

one time in a town

the second time in a settlement i was the Eve founder of, i was killed by the person who was my own child i nurtured & cared for sacrificing my own gameplay,
since that experience my gameplay changed drastically - I DISTRUST NOW EVERY IN GAME PLAYER !!! since every player can be my killer
i played since those two incidents only few times as Eve on an empty server, i've build two beginner settlements & learned a little new gameplay stuff i didn't get to before

but OHOL is not playable for me anymore
i do not trust the remaining OHOL players anymore
i have no fun playing this game while i have to watch out constantly for murder, either as witness or as victim

the players' base is dwindling because there is just not enough tools & options to protect from murder in a peaceful way,
if i am forced to become a killer myself, then i could be playing, if i wanted to, games that are more diverse than OHOL, more beautiful & more lively
i started playing OHOL because it promissed to be a game about building civilization - it isn't

OHOL in its current state is a murder & griefing simulator in a pseudo ancient setting
it has little to do with building civilization
creative, constructive, cultured & peaceful people are not being supported enough while murder is easy & the game forces all still remaining players to become killers themselves

i will be wrapping things up around OHOL for me,
i will examine the next couple of updates,
i will come back to actually playing OHOL again only if something substantially supportive will be added to the completely missing culture in OHOL
13 apr 2018

summarization : 21 scenarios - 4 Eves, 0 successful - 17 babies, 1 constructive life

i think, this game becomes unplayable because most people still logging in are not interested in building a civilization or parenting

- - -
21. Eve - swamp+snow, baby boy first words F U, died in snow
20. baby boy - town X, suicided
19. male baby - carried away to die
18. 2xbaby boy - town X, suicided
16. male baby - left alone to die
15. female baby - good mother, growing town X, mother left, i was murdered
- - -
14. male baby in a desert town - good mother, died early, grew old, town died out, brought 4 bowls of flour, built 4 carts, died getting supplies for the next 4 carts
13. female baby - suicide by rattle snake
12. female baby - suicide
- - -
11. male baby - effective mother died while trying to set up camp - starved
10. Eve wild - good conditions - no fun playing again the same scenario - let starve myself
9 .baby female - suicide (first playing as boy a good life will make me play as a baby machine)
8. 2xbaby male - got told that i was unwanted because male (solidified my position on refusing to be female baby machine until the families get human)
- - -
6. Eve wild - ideal biomes (swamp+grass+prairie) - 2 babies, male+female suicided !!! died old & alone with small farm, kiln, needles
- - -
5. Eve wild -  badlands, two wolves, killed
4. 2xbaby - lost Eve in nowhere / suicide
2. baby - rejected as male / left for dead
1. baby - town - stories of griefers / suicide

13 apr 2018

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-06-16 23:08:23)

#2 2018-04-13 16:54:49

lostlandofcarrots

Re: feedback - state of gameplay

My own gameplay log, if I were to type it down, would look pretty similar to this, I'm afraid. As an Eve, I've learned to set up a viable base pretty fast by now (though it always depends on where I spawn), but then I either get all male children, no children (has happened to me very often, honestly it might have to do with my timezone), they all suicide, or my children don't know how to do even very basic stuff, and since I'm usually unable to explain it in time (letter limits on messages + making sure not to starve in the meantime, both me and my kids, who usually fail at it), they end up dying. Either way, my clan dies out, usually never even reaching the second gen.

I often get dumped as a baby, and I don't really mind - pop control is just a thing in civ building games. Lately though, it's been times where I've been getting abandoned for a solid 15-20 mins, which is starting to get annoying. And when I end up spawning as Eve, it's just a tiresome slog through the same routine, all the time knowing that it's probably gonna amount to nothing anyway.

In advanced civs, usually everything has already been made, and there's nothing to do besides farming carrots (and I do end up doing that, because someone has to, and no-one else wants to, and if I don't they all end up seeding, and then - hello famine). It feels doubly pointless when I end up not having a first or last name - I'm helping them survive and continue the family line, but what family line? We're all just random nameless schmucks.

My two most interesting lives in the last two weeks were yesterday, and they both involved me and other people discovering and dispatching of some griefers and trolls. I don't like those types of players normally, but, ironically, they've ended up being the only thing that breaks the monotonous routine that this game has become for me.

#3 2018-04-13 21:16:05

Lucky-San

Few days ago, I was an Eve...

I had started a very good base. (carrots at mid life! always naked I must admit...) but all my children were self-suicided... No child... And all suicided before even I could grab them! One of them had just ask me if I was on discord... and puff... nobody!

I have succeeded to have a smith hammer before I died, but It was somehow tainted by the lack of succession...

My best start and it was pointless!

P-S: maybe It was because I have chosen to be in a server with little pop... Yes I like be an Eve!

Last edited by Lucky-San (2018-04-13 21:23:21)

sorry for my english, but you know, not everyone is british or american... I'm french by the way (the best country in the world!) wink

#4 2018-04-13 21:44:23

danger1penguin

I love to start as an eve because of the challenge. I notice there were several differences in my progression of ability. I was always able to set up camp and survive because I had played enough before the apocalypse era. However, my first problem was being efficient enough to have a kid live. I would always die old and alone.

After I got a bit quicker I noticed my next struggle was that my location choices were mediocre, and while good enough for myself and other experienced players, not sustainable for newer players/large population. I now spend a bit more time picking an ideal spot (although, I still sometimes think my kids are a bit pissed I don't start directly at the intersection of green/yellow/grey lands).

Getting a good location required me to improve my efficiency again, so I've done that.

Recently, I've noticed my ability improve to the point where I have my grandkids and occasionally great-grandkids clothed before dying. Although I picked up a liking for smithing even as an eve, I noticed this typically puts a lot of strain on my daughters and the family lines dwindle.

I think my next milestone will be teaching all my kids at an efficient pace. I hardly ever transfer my skills like I did in pre-apocalypse. I think it would be good if I started helping the new players again.

Based on your gameplay, I would disagree that it is unplayable, just that you are getting bored. Play a little less, pick up other things irl. I probably play 1-2 hours a day, but I wish I only played 1 hour every other day.

#5 2018-04-14 10:35:46

TrustyWay

I suicide a lot as baby, pretty bored to eve's son. I tried so many time to live as a nomade and raise girls but they all die all the time, it gets pretty frustrasting. I tried as eve every game to make clothes for futur gen so they don't give up, but they do. Time waist.

Now I don't spend time into basic that I have done hundreds times, I want to enjoy my game and try to spawn in a good camps thag lives, not struggles, and do things.

Last edited by TrustyWay (2018-04-14 10:36:57)

#6 2018-04-14 13:15:12

pein

today i had a run where i was in a small camp, mom planted berries, no seeds, very bad map
gave birth to 6 daughters, possibly no one made it
one son, two sons, told them i need girls, got no time

then i was in the city from yesterday. my mom found it, i was third kid. we fixed the fence, made mutton pie, i found my knifes, we had a murderer.
we geared up everyone. then i got sheep back, found sheer tool. wanted to paint my shirt, a kid was messing around, blocked me, was too hot, starved from 4 bars? that city always like that, was nice do. people fixing big city.

then i tried suicide few times but didnt give me back there.
i ended up in savannah village, lot of kids, most died, i was smart and geared miyself up when others couldnt, once i had to be fed cause didnt found any food but had 3 clothes
then i explored green area to know where is the reserve food
most kids suicided, crowned lady gave me the crown and i was mostly cleaning and clothing others
told them i murder thiefs, a lday still stole some clothing for her kid from mine, even called me names, then i just stabbed her.
lot of suicides, even we had most tools, monument. my idiot daughter left with a cart, killed me and my sis feeding late, then 2nd time had no food and we both died. she had a sheep skin a cart and setting up new village somewhere.

then i was in a desert town twice 2nd and 4th gen. mom had 7 sons and one daughter. power of sons, second generation had axe.  small farm but plenty cactus. had 3 nieces then lot of kids, made a farm near savannah with lakes, told a few people no one moved.
4th gen return found my gear went back with seed, went to chop trees, my mom and aunt got old a niece dissapeared. we died with pies and empty pen.was nice, todays nicest people.

the good runs
the bad runs, died as eve lagging out with ropes returning
no more eve run, i suicided like 6-8 times as eve
eves with bad setup, too many kids like 4-5 times, i suicided
baby with mother who had nothing like 6 times
big city left to die as a boy like 2 times
overall less than 5% with at least a carrot farm
no luck returning even if i die at 60
killed by idiots who i try to help

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2018-04-15 09:38:58

breezeknight

14 apr 2018

on that singular day i witnessed several murders &
i was killed two times

one time in a town

the second time in a settlement i was the Eve founder of, i was killed by the person who was my own child i nurtured & cared for sacrificing my own gameplay,
since that experience my gameplay changed drastically - I DISTRUST NOW EVERY IN GAME PLAYER !!! since every player can be my killer
i played since those two incidents only few times as Eve on an empty server, i've build two beginner settlements & learned a little new gameplay stuff i didn't get to before

but OHOL is not playable for me anymore
i do not trust the remaining OHOL players anymore
i have no fun playing this game while i have to watch out constantly for murder, either as witness or as victim

the players' base is dwindling because there is just not enough tools & options to protect from murder in a peaceful way,
if i am forced to become a killer myself, then i could be playing, if i wanted to, games that are more diverse than OHOL, more beautiful & more lively
i started playing OHOL because it promissed to be a game about building civilization - it isn't

OHOL in its current state is a murder & griefing simulator in a pseudo ancient setting
it has little to do with building civilization
creative, constructive, cultured & peaceful people are not being supported enough while murder is easy & the game forces all still remaining players to become killers themselves

i will be wrapping things up around OHOL for me,
i will examine the next couple of updates,
i will come back to actually playing OHOL again only if something substantially supportive will be added to the completely missing culture in OHOL

#8 2018-04-15 10:06:48

Lavea

I'm testing this game out as a newb and talking about it with a lot of my friends over on renaissance kingdoms since we're looking for something new to try. Don't want a griefer game. Not here to be some sadists fun kick. Seeing closely and letting them know how it goes.

#9 2018-04-15 10:29:08

breezeknight

Lavea wrote:

I'm testing this game out as a newb and talking about it with a lot of my friends over on renaissance kingdoms since we're looking for something new to try. Don't want a griefer game. Not here to be some sadists fun kick. Seeing closely and letting them know how it goes.

OHOL has actually mutated into a "sadist fun kick" as you've put it
so i wouldn't advice to be playing it for now

my experience yesterday was sobering, i am not playing games to be victim of bored, frustrated, angry low lives

#10 2018-04-15 11:07:19

Bob the Blob

So yeah, my cousin who was a co-defender of our little village killed me after many years out of nowhere. My biggest issue is though, even after the update and not just dying straight away you are still utterly defenceless and unable to defend yourself against griefers. I had a knife in my backpack but after you get stabbed you cannot hold anything so whats the point. You can run around and cry murder but to what end?

What if you could hold something after you got wounded? At least then, as in my case where I had a knife, I would have been able to get this sumabitch and that way probably saved the village of this asshole.  But no, the griefer goes on griefing and the people trying to do something just get to respawn a few times over to negligent parents before eventually maybe getting a decent mother and trying again.

I might just turn to griefing too, after all, there is no point to try build up a village that is so easily destroyed.

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out.

#11 2018-04-15 11:12:42

Lavea

Well then it never ends and you become an idiot too, since the people you're taking it out on are more than likely not the ones who hurt you. Don't give in to idiocy and become that sadist bully in every bad movie going why do you keep hitting yourselves. Seriously, they are the worst kinds of boring.

#12 2018-04-15 11:21:03

Bob the Blob

Lavea wrote:

Well then it never ends and you become an idiot too, since the people you're taking it out on are more than likely not the ones who hurt you. Don't give in to idiocy and become that sadist bully in every bad movie going why do you keep hitting yourselves. Seriously, they are the worst kinds of boring.

If you can't beat them and all...

And to me it would not be for kicks but more to prove a point.  If it makes me an idiot then and idiot I am.  To me it's far more idiotic doing the same thing over and over again with the same outcome and just hoping one day things will change. I'd much rather take some action, any action to help fuel the need for that change as opposed just keep on getting screwed over.

If you have a better idea, I'm open to suggestions.

I used to have an open mind but my brain kept falling out.

#13 2018-04-15 11:25:56

Lavea

Play the way you'd like people to play with you, or move on and find something more enjoyable. That's what I'll do.

Games should only be played as long as they're fun. Otherwise they're work.

I'm not sure yet exactly how the private servers work either. Might look into them.

Honestly a lot of losers probably start out thinking oh well what the heck, or what's the point. There's lots of ways they can rationalise being a*holes to themselves so they don't actually have to deal with it. I have no sympathy for someone who says there's a problem, I'm bleeding, then stab themselves to make it better.

People who do that deserve to be left with no one to play with. Developers who can't address issues like that deserve to be left with no players.

#14 2018-04-15 11:39:55

breezeknight

Bob the Blob wrote:
Lavea wrote:

If you can't beat them and all...

And to me it would not be for kicks but more to prove a point.  If it makes me an idiot then and idiot I am.  To me it's far more idiotic doing the same thing over and over again with the same outcome and just hoping one day things will change. I'd much rather take some action, any action to help fuel the need for that change as opposed just keep on getting screwed over.

If you have a better idea, I'm open to suggestions.

yeah, the real problem is the lack of creative tools & options in OHOL & the easy way to kill & grief

Jason should have introduced cultural tools & options before or at the least together with the option & tools for murder & griefing
without it's all going just down the drain

#15 2018-04-16 23:22:41

breezeknight

since yesterday played so far only one game in a settlement with others
& already there was a murderer, the settlement struggled already to keep the people alive & then came the murderer on top of this pitiful situation

meantime it's apparently far more fun to be the murderer than a brave citizen,
babies suicide all the time, murderer are in every town

#16 2018-04-17 01:30:43

KucheKlizma

tbh not much has really changed, just people complain more now of the same old. Lmao.

#17 2018-04-17 05:47:01

Verinon1

I’ve only been murdered or seen someone get murdered a couple of times, out of like 60 hours of gameplay, so in my experience, murder hasn’t really been an issue (although I see why it is for some people, and I agree it needs to be fixed).
For me, the biggest issue with the state of the game at the moment is lack of permanence. We were told specifically in the trailers and the website that everything you made in your various lives would remain a part of the game world forever. Turns out, it’s actually the opposite of that. Most of your lives are spent struggling to survive and making sure your kids survive, and anything you or your family build along the way will be lost the moment that A) your lineage dies out, B) when the game auto-wipes the area after 24hrs of inactivity, and C) when another Apocalypse happens down the line. I get that Jason wants this game to be hard. It is a survival sim after all. And I understand that some towns (prior to the Apocalypse) were basically over powered and kinda boring because there was nothing to do. But the fact of the matter is, we were told one thing and given something else. There has to be some kind of middle ground between “wipe everything that people have done periodically” and “keep all the OP towns around in a state of perfection forever”. Maybe Eves have a small chance of being spawned near existing equipment? Maybe disable the periodic map wipes so people actually have a small chance of finding abandoned stuff someday? Maybe the solution to prevent OP towns is diseases or crop rot or natural disasters or fucking zombies for all I care; point is, I’d like to at least have the knowledge that anything I do in this game has some kind of permanence. Otherwise, OHOL is just an MMO version of Don’t Starve - which is still awesome! - but not at all what Jason told us this game would be in the first place.

#18 2018-04-17 09:55:56

breezeknight

KucheKlizma wrote:

tbh not much has really changed, just people complain more now of the same old. Lmao.

not much changed ?

the players' number crumbles even further despite non violent updates
constructive players go away, that's what happens, just open your eyes tongue

#19 2018-04-17 13:05:46

KucheKlizma

breezeknight wrote:
KucheKlizma wrote:

not much changed ?

the players' number crumbles even further despite non violent updates
constructive players go away, that's what happens, just open your eyes tongue

The players' number crumbles because the game currently has enough content for a week or two, maybe more if you take it really slow.

#20 2018-04-30 00:37:06

breezeknight

30 apr 2018

last session's statistics

female baby - 5 times, once born next to a murder / suicide everytime as promissed (no family)

Eva - 3 times, childless as promissed (no family) :
1) spawned into settlement, tried a hand at smithing, it took too long so i didn't manage to make a needed saw
2) the same town with the murder (suicide)
3) again Eva, bored, suicide

male baby - 5 times
1) started well, where first the mother wasn't around & some other female took care, later mother came back, but a murder started, so i suicided
2) born again into the same town with murder (suicide)
3) the woman who took care of me did not have any milk, realised too late
4) mother Eva wasn't much experienced, born in the wild, she set up a farm, but then collapsed, either too late for a berry or connection lost, i lived later till 60, made pottery, caught rabbits, made pouches, farmed a little, didn't manage to pies

- - -

no family

Last edited by breezeknight (2018-04-30 07:32:34)

#21 2018-04-30 01:18:13

KucheKlizma

When I said not much changed I meant that murder was a feature since before the update in question and had been prevalent before the update in question.

It was always like this, your perception has changed. There's possible "solutions", but there's no "one size fits all" and there's no permanent one within gameplay, and sometimes there's nothing you can really do about it.

I just played two games. Two villages. Both had murder. I tried to end the problem factor in the first one, and successfully ended the cycle at least for my life-cycle in the second of the villages and proceeded to play "normally".
Cause: People roleplaying guards and afk sitting in a cold spot near carrot farm to intimidate with an armed bow, eat carrots and killing people arbitrarily on occasion - essentially just griefers on a power trip.
Solution: Slaughtered the guards, got killed in first village as a result, had successful reboot in the second one (as the guard's mother watched her son "guard" die in front of her and almost spit on his dead body as he lay dying begging for revenge while calling him a dumb griefer)

P.S. I suggested to the "guards" in the first village to "just make knives" so they can roam around and actually contribute to society, instead of afk with a bow and do absolutely nothing beside sponge carrots.
We had all metal tools available, so it's a common sense type of thing. However, they proceeded doing what they're doing and it devolved into the economy collapsing and murder sprees as expected.

Last edited by KucheKlizma (2018-04-30 01:25:07)

#22 2018-04-30 07:25:44

breezeknight

KucheKlizma wrote:

When I said not much changed I meant that murder was a feature since before the update in question and had been prevalent before the update in question.

It was always like this, your perception has changed. There's possible "solutions", but there's no "one size fits all" and there's no permanent one within gameplay, and sometimes there's nothing you can really do about it.

I just played two games. Two villages. Both had murder. I tried to end the problem factor in the first one, and successfully ended the cycle at least for my life-cycle in the second of the villages and proceeded to play "normally".
Cause: People roleplaying guards and afk sitting in a cold spot near carrot farm to intimidate with an armed bow, eat carrots and killing people arbitrarily on occasion - essentially just griefers on a power trip.
Solution: Slaughtered the guards, got killed in first village as a result, had successful reboot in the second one (as the guard's mother watched her son "guard" die in front of her and almost spit on his dead body as he lay dying begging for revenge while calling him a dumb griefer)

P.S. I suggested to the "guards" in the first village to "just make knives" so they can roam around and actually contribute to society, instead of afk with a bow and do absolutely nothing beside sponge carrots.
We had all metal tools available, so it's a common sense type of thing. However, they proceeded doing what they're doing and it devolved into the economy collapsing and murder sprees as expected.

you try the way to answer agression with agression
i know, this can work only temporary, it is not any kind of a solution
society cannot develop or thrive with agression always present

every progressive society we live in has a normal state of business, where weapons presence & agression on a daily basis are low
& a state of emergency, where weapons presence is enhanced, where presence of regular guards is enforced by law,
but if there is no law, then there is lawlessness & everybody feeling strong or entitled will step in, either to "guard" by self entitled law or just terrorize, just like it's happening in OHOL
this development in a society is going nowhere, that's why murder is banned on the popular private servers, they force by code the law of peaceful business
civilization can thrive only in the security of peace, progress needs peace, because progress is a higher state of order, agression lowers that state towards the lowest chaotic order

i am not against murder in the game, murder is real
but i am against my forced helplessness in the presence of murder
the presence of the murder feature combined with the absence of features for a peaceful protection against murder is what i refuse to play - simple

within my options of a player who doesn't use a private server or any other gameplay changing mods
i made sure now not to participate in any kind of that helplessness, i am not helpless now when i play,
i was before i made my decision

i will be playing this way for a couple of updates & see where those will take the gameplay
if the helplessness will remain, i will probably be gone then, there are plenty of agressive games out there i could be playing if i wanted to, don't need OHOL for that

#23 2018-04-30 08:38:59

TrustyWay

This is what I like about OHOL, if the people you have in your village doesn't have weapon, you can do what ever you want to them. The only thing you can't stop them is to flee. You can be a dictator or a good guy explaining how to not starve.

Being a weak peasant isn't a problem, that is the game.

#24 2018-04-30 11:54:24

Potjeh

Uhm, it's not a fucking PvP game, that should be obvious from the fact that it doesn't have an actual combat system. This is why I suicide whenever I spawn in a large settlement, the more people there is the bigger chance of knuckleheads like you being there. You useless leeches can go starve, I'll go help an Eve because she can appreciate my contributions.

#25 2018-04-30 12:13:58

breezeknight

Potjeh wrote:

Uhm, it's not a fucking PvP game, that should be obvious from the fact that it doesn't have an actual combat system. This is why I suicide whenever I spawn in a large settlement, the more people there is the bigger chance of knuckleheads like you being there. You useless leeches can go starve, I'll go help an Eve because she can appreciate my contributions.

there are surely Eve's that first nurture the babies just to kill them in the end
i was killed several times by those players i nurtured, so the reverse is not that unthinkable
atm in the regular OHOL game nobody is safe nowhere from being killed by another player, just like that

i had good times in big, small & beginner settlements
& i had there bad times as well

Board footer