One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#51 2022-04-21 03:30:18

Spoonwood

Re: I think the new map is too easy (too full of resources)

fug wrote:

But the bottleneck isn't buckets or rabbits, or anything that would be effected by having more spawns.

The current bottleneck is whether or not people are willing to run around and collect rubber supplies. It feels like the same small group of players are coordinating so the rest of us can spend out time teaching new players how to do stuff.

The issue is right now none of us can teach how to fix this issue because you can't just walk a new player to a different town, then to a second different town to show how rubber is made. It's an issue that can only be solved by people coordinating outside the game which is in my opinion a design flaw. No one is trading, they're just having their friends be born a different color and giving the items needed to each family so the game is playable. That's a problem in my opinion.

You can teach cisterns, cart with buckets, and digging up another spring or getting water from ponds.  I would think that such isn't all that intended though in comparison to doing rubber, and signals a problem with the game's design.

Last edited by Spoonwood (2022-04-21 03:30:35)

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#52 2022-04-21 03:54:16

Wood

bruh

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

#53 2022-04-21 05:50:22

pein

Spoonwood wrote:

You can teach cisterns, cart with buckets, and digging up another spring or getting water from ponds.  I would think that such isn't all that intended though in comparison to doing rubber, and signals a problem with the game's design.

no one did that in rift. ponds 20+ tile away were usually untouched. in comparison, all the iron was collected. one time, for fun I collected all broken tools and knives, from 7-8 cities, made an engine and got 200 iron when it was nothing left (some was locked away) but wouldn't do it multiple times. had to kill some entitled idiots in the process, was faster than convincing them that the whole map lacks resources and their fancy knife won't save the server if it sits in their pack. without the rift there is no hard cap but it's seriously boring to go far away. but also no map knowledge. I hated losing good maps and do bad runs over and over.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#54 2022-04-22 00:47:48

Eve Troll

Toxolotl wrote:

I thought this thread was new and it scared me so much. Half expecting the rift to return.

Personally i think all this necro is hilarious.

You go spoonwood.

Bring back the rift!

#55 2022-04-22 01:56:07

LonelyNeptune

Spoonwood has necro'd this one thread on three separate occasions.

Amazing.

Board footer