One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-06-08 05:06:53

LHO

Re: pein, STOP TURNING MY GRAVEYARDS INTO SHEEP PENS

So much Drama. Why is it always the same people.

#27 2018-06-08 05:10:45

YAHG

LHO wrote:

So much Drama. Why is it always the same people.

The more you involve yourself with something the more you tend to care about it and then the easier it is to draw you in.

Consider yourself warned <3

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein
https://kazetsukai.github.io/onetech/#
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1438

#28 2018-06-08 05:26:16

Morti

YAHG wrote:

It isn't my fault...

You're looking at education the wrong way. Imagine if all those teachers that taught you how to read and write just gave that attitude to educated new people.

Nothing is your fault, but it can be to your benefit and ours to help people others who want to play to help us.

I'm not saying you don't. That's the game, if you're playing, you;re probably being helpful, but their are degrees to which we can help each other to make our communities better. Some give more, some give less. Some care so much that that is all they want to do. While doing the bare minimum to keep themselves alive, they give everything else they have to their communities, especially to those in need. And just as in real life, with children born in every community, every day, teachers know that it is in the best interest of everyone in the community that they teach other people's kids. Many will do so for 30, 40, maybe even 60 years of their lives, because they know how valuable they really are and how rewarding it is to be a part, of the betterment of each individuals life.

Whether we are grateful for them for teaching us how to spell, how to add, or how to turn a bar of iron into a plant hanger, is up to them. They did what they love doing, and they know that some individuals will be far better off for their contributions to the people they become. And when people know how to be productive, we all benefit in some way.

The pace of this game barely facilitates teaching people how to go from the basics on up to some of the highest recipes on the tech tree, but I remember the first time someone walked me through the steps of forging iron ore up to steel. I'd seen it done in videos before but never actually did it myself before then, and played for a few weeks never having done so. Then one day, I just asked someone working at the forge how it's done and, starting from raw iron ore and kindling, I turned that ore into the bloom, hammered it, followed his instructions, made coal, added it in the crucible, fired it up, and when I pulled out that piece of steal, I stood there holding it in my hand and died. Nothing else mattered more in the game at that moment than that piece of steel. And whoever that man was, I owe him a debt of gratitude.

Everyone of us is given the opportunity to be that person in someones life, time and time again. Take it and you are responsible for making life a little better for everyone and a lot better for someone. Pass, and things just don't get better, for them, or, for us.

#29 2018-06-08 06:07:12

YAHG

Morti wrote:
YAHG wrote:

It isn't my fault...

You're looking at education the wrong way. Imagine if all those teachers that taught you how to read and write just gave that attitude to educated new people.

First of all, the teachers are drawing a salary after signing up to teach people things for money.
That context doesn't apply to any of us in this game as far as I am aware..

Outside of a movie or a book I have never seen anyone change from someone who is not interested
in learning into someone who does. I assume that it must happen somewhere to some people considering
the trope in books and movies.

I seriously doubt that telling people they are sadistic evil psychopaths who condone the murder of children
is gonna win the hearts and minds. Perhaps I am not your target audience. big_smile

I don't feel obligated to try to make people like the game, be good at it, see it how I see it, or really
much of anything at all.

Morti wrote:

Nothing is your fault, but it can be to your benefit and ours to help people others who want to play to help us.

I'm not saying you don't. That's the game, if you're playing, you;re probably being helpful, but their are degrees to which we can help each other to make our communities better. Some give more, some give less. Some care so much that that is all they want to do. While doing the bare minimum to keep themselves alive, they give everything else they have to their communities, especially to those in need. And just as in real life, with children born in every community, every day, teachers know that it is in the best interest of everyone in the community that they teach other people's kids. Many will do so for 30, 40, maybe even 60 years of their lives, because they know how valuable they really are and how rewarding it is to be a part, of the betterment of each individuals life.

Whether we are grateful for them for teaching us how to spell, how to add, or how to turn a bar of iron into a plant hanger, is up to them. They did what they love doing, and they know that some individuals will be far better off for their contributions to the people they become. And when people know how to be productive, we all benefit in some way.

The pace of this game barely facilitates teaching people how to go from the basics on up to some of the highest recipes on the tech tree, but I remember the first time someone walked me through the steps of forging iron ore up to steel. I'd seen it done in videos before but never actually did it myself before then, and played for a few weeks never having done so. Then one day, I just asked someone working at the forge how it's done and, starting from raw iron ore and kindling, I turned that ore into the bloom, hammered it, followed his instructions, made coal, added it in the crucible, fired it up, and when I pulled out that piece of steal, I stood there holding it in my hand and died. Nothing else mattered more in the game at that moment than that piece of steel. And whoever that man was, I owe him a debt of gratitude.

Everyone of us is given the opportunity to be that person in someones life, time and time again. Take it and you are responsible for making life a little better for everyone and a lot better for someone. Pass, and things just don't get better, for them, or, for us.

No one is arguing not to teach new people who ask you/us for help as far as I have seen. Yeah,
of course it is nice to have good teammates. People are welcome to be them.

"be prepared and one person cant kill all city, if he can, then you deserve it"  -pein

#30 2018-06-08 06:15:12

komody

YAHG wrote:
Trick wrote:

This game has a steep learning curve.  If the elder players don't help teach the newer players, they will continue to be "bad".  So, that's partly on you.

I think that this part is reaching. It sounds like you are implying that we are at fault for the skills of
others. The natural implied following statement is that if others are bad at playing etc. it is our fault
we didn't teach them.

I don't know about all of you people out there but I looked around for guides, I read the wiki. I alt tabbed
and died over and over looking things up. I don't bother to keep up with the long missed connections
posts but I have read at least 90%+ of the forum.

I ask people questions, I listen to people and learn from them. I ask people how to do things in game.
I read all the change logs in onetech etc. etc.

I think it is fair to assume that a lot of other people in here can say the same things as me..

If some ass hat in some camp didn't tell me how to do something that wasn't gonna stop me.

I think people are responsible if they want to learn something. If you love a game or anything else really
you explore it and find out more about it. You think about it when you are not doing it, all of that.

It isn't my fault that people don't want to look for shit and try to learn on their own.
Even if I told someone to fuck off when they asked how to do something (which I don't) it still wouldn't be
my fault if they don't learn.

No one here has any monopoly on knowledge, except for peoples hidden tricks like temp walking used to
be etc. Besides, people are pretty damn open about what we know and are very helpful.

i completely agree, also if you want to learn something (lets say forging or being shepherd) you can just watch someone do it. thats how i learned to forge atleast.

#31 2018-06-08 07:35:10

pein

Feldspar wrote:

1) I wasn't aware this was a professional forum lmao

2) Mate do you even realize how hypocritical you are? You must be so bad at self reflection I wouldn't even be surprised if you said you couldn't see your own face in the mirror tongue

3) Chill out! No one cares if you are the best at everything or if you invented the sheep pen; its just a game- sometimes people feel like mucking around and having fun. Just relax and stop worrying about other players all the time- make some friends or something instead. Life's short, so enjoy yourself while you can!

im the most chill, some things are simple after practice, but also boring, some are required, some are optional but advisable

i got the same expectation to myself as to others, optimize things, keep simple, do something different, what matters
this is a game of crafting, you can go and play in a tamagochi mmo if you prefer
if you dont have a goal, motivation to archieve things, just carrot farm for 6 generation and cry about seed then is your decision, im not that into drama, i fix things, i enjoy  that, i make things noob proof, i move away and invite some over. killings? we needed pop control anyway. you can drop your kid at age 4, boredom will kill him, as doesnt have a task, waits the other 25 kids to put down a sharp stone or bowl
too many babies? if they are smart they can stay alive
its just numbers, often i say half of people dies in 5 mins and it happens, guess its fun for others to starve or starve everybody else, at least they fed 2 people with 6 pies, using the firewood and the plates of the forge, their life was eventful

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#32 2018-06-08 07:40:37

pein

Morti wrote:

back to topic

thanks for taking bones to my pen and fucking up a vein of iron to make your graveyard biome, where a kid with basket dies cause cant put it down

took 1,5 life to clear it again

improved all our lives greatly

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#33 2018-06-08 09:49:34

LHO

I'll probably offend someone but I think it's a good idea. Like no offense but the sea of graves is kind of ugly and at least the grave sheep pen has a use.

Would be nice if we had a way to dispose of the dead faster. Like the average person would just be disintegrated Upton death but valuable members of social would have the honor of being.buried.

Last edited by LHO (2018-06-08 10:00:07)

#34 2018-06-08 10:29:42

Rose

We were naked...  We were hungry... We needed food clothes and tools...  Jason gave us graves to honour our starving kids.

#35 2018-06-08 10:52:57

pein

Just teached a granny  to make grave pens and walls, she realized im right

also after fixing with letters, its unremovable, and has an unique property over stone walls: its a mini basket for items so you can hand over items like mutton, crust, shears, spindle, knitting needle, so functions as storage

takes just a bit of consideration, to make a wall instead a box of graves which you can only complete from one direction, inside out, also blocking every each to place rose or anything

for those you dont know names/realtion, a U letter is cheap and does the job, less sapling used, needs water but you can process like 20 letter stocks with one water, two people even more
after you got enough compost, its not an issue, just plant one sapling then chip down multiple time with flint
also 20-30 home markers never hurts

you cant make everyone fit in, you shouldnt waste ticks before wells and pen so placing them should be general knowledge

one entrance is not enough if someone kills sheep on entrance without a basket and free tiles, dies
this can be prevented with two or more entrances, or an extra filled pit, so 3 tiles need to be blocked to be stuck inside, anyway you can put lambs into wall, and hand in basket? or at least two straws, but if big enough then you can have the wheat farm inside, hand in and out a bucket of water, keep soem wool and needle in walls, bowls of water, bowls of berry

planting berry around also possible, or families have a "house", every kid a room

if you still cant get over of the original purpose, it doesnt remove it, just adds to it

i remember the joke " i need free wifi on my grave so people visit more often"

Last edited by pein (2018-06-08 10:54:55)

#36 2018-06-08 15:45:25

Stankysteve

Looking at this from a logistic perspective. I hate graves. They take up valuable space, they do not rot, people misplace and burn through shovels needed for other important work. A griefer can just waste shovels clicking them over and over. People take the precious baskets we have, load up carts and leave the shovel ten screens outside of town, burying everything they can. They limit the ability of the town to expand in directions, and do work in some cases. A home of adobe will rot before a marked grave. Oh, and please, stop taking flat stones from the smith.

Taking bones out of town to rot is a good thing. It keeps the town clean. But Burying every unnamed starved baby, relative who died before you were born and have no known connection to, is a big waste of space time and resources. Not to mention walking around multi-screen graveyards is a pain in the arse. You'll spend the equivalent of ingame months walking around some of these crawling expanding monstrous atrocities. Please do not bury me, I do not want to be a permanent scar on the town I want to grow. My handiwork here wont last forever, why should my stupid useless grave?

From a balance perspective Morti, you're barking up the wrong tree looking for a moral conflict. You should instead be looking for graves to be able to be pass-through so they can't be used for pens. People wouldn't be doing it if it weren't a valid option. It would also mitigate how much traveling around big graves sucks and wastes precious time. I miss common fence pens, but they're too grievable by the ignorant and malicious alike. But I would really love seeing more of them. Isn't a pen made out of empty trash pits or "filled bone pits" equally silly? When you remove emotional attachment, they're just holes to be filled with things either way. We can walk over one, why not the other?

These arguments are penned from purely logistic and balance perspective. I will get in character and on rare occasional bury a precious loved one. I'm not opposed to graves, I just do not like their current implementation.

Last edited by Stankysteve (2018-06-08 15:47:43)

#37 2018-06-08 16:16:54

Morti

YAHG wrote:

First of all, the teachers are drawing a salary...

You really are a disgusting piece of shit if that is the first thing you think to say to me after that.

For the sake of everyone who devoted their lives to making you a better person, capable of reading, capable of writing, capable of adding, subtracting, spelling, multiplying, understanding Shakespeare and what function each organ serves the human body. For the sake of your first computer course teacher, for your Algebra teacher, for the time your 2nd grade teacher spent learning geography so that they could teach you facts about the world only to use that as an excuse to share their story about the most beautiful thing they've ever seen on the planet.

People teach because they care. As a former teacher myself, I can tell you, the only reason money ever becomes an issue for us is when the cost of living, becomes an issue for us. Most of us pay a lot out of our own pockets to provide material for our students, for the children of our community, or, in my case, for every member of the because we teach people of all ages, who have the eyes, ears or the passion to learn the subject we are sharing with our students. The first five years I taught, I didn't get paid a dollar. I chose to do three paper routes for money, on top of going to school, on top of spending hours every day just to keep up on my subject. Because I loved it, and I loved sharing my passion with others; answering hundreds of questions a week and wanting to help those people further delve into the subject along with me.

Teachers teach, because they care, first and foremost.

Everyone has the potential to be a teacher, as everyone around us learns from our behavior. The values that we hold are picked up by those we share our lives with; our concerns, our passions and all the information we gather and pour over day after day, people learn from one another. When you value life, when you value humanity, or even when you value a niche little game, when you spend time doing so with others, you all take on those teacher-student roles.

This brings me to the game, to the roles we have in each others habits, to the hundreds of hours we invest in making each others lives better, or to the tens of hours we spend addressing each others faults when we see them. Games like this afford us the opportunity, not just to raise our families in game, but to pass on our passions for aspects of it via the videos we make, the streams we run and the conversations we share with one another. Some of you value the mechanics of the game, some of you value the relationships you build with people, and some of you can see that both are directly tied to one another, by many threads.

I want people to master the mechanics of the game, but only so far as it does not overly hurt the player bases love for one another that brings players to the game and keeps them coming back. I know, I, personally, do not want to be driven away. But more importantly, I know thousands of others have been, when what they thought would be the experience they paid for turned out not to be the case. There are a lot of reasons for this, and no one of us is entirely to blame for them, but some of you certainly stick out more than others, time and time again, as being sources of the sort of bad experiences players have with the game.

I want those people who care, and want to care, to stick around. To have the opportunity to love and be loved, by the rest of us. I want to struggle with them to stay alive and to overcome the challenges we find ourselves in. I want to share my love of humanity; of the each individual, of the people as a whole, and of the works we collectively make for each other. But in the end, what is going to be left? Memories and records. Values; stored in media; be they minds or drives. And I don't want people, anyone, to look back on this time we got to spend with each other and be horrified by what we allowed ourselves to become.

That goes for us all, perhaps even Jason most of all. This is your little Stanford Prison Experiment gone awry, but it's not over yet. Just as most of those people are still alive, and the results of that project are still impacting the lives of those involved, so too are we still here; volunteering our time to play your game. We are, the guards, the prisoners, the researchers and the friends and family of those who's lives are being most directly impacted by what we are taking away from this experience. And we will play a role in this story, if and when it's retold. For better, or for worse.

Personally I like to think it's always for the better, so long as we take away valuable lessons, and pass them on to the future, so that they can avoid the pitfalls we fail to overcome. And as this game is still presently running, we still get another life to try again, or, in Jason's case, another version to release. I just don't want him to tailor things for those who are turning people away most of all, or for those who are performing the most abhorrent behaviors in game. He should be providing a service, if anything, to those who seek to make everyone's lives better, whether that means you are trying to find the most efficient way to feed and clothe other players, or, whatever it is you perceive me as trying to do.

No matter what I say to you folks, I still think of you as family, and I will always forgive you the way family members do, for what we say and do to each other, as a result of living these lives together, struggling to master the game, and to stay alive in the process. Only to see our elders wither away before us, new life born surrounded by our works and to relive and recount the memories of our experiences together, in game and out. I just want you to do so with your values intact. I want you to walk away with more evidence that people cared about you, not any less.

pein, for you that might be the mutton pies and the wool. When you come back to a civilization and see people dressed up, pies strewn about, I have no doubt you feel a sense of accomplishment that keeps you coming back. I know you mean well, or you wouldn't be here. Maybe some day Jason will add barbed wire, or electric fences to the game, and you'll be the one he thinks about first when he does so. Maybe they will be really difficult to dismantle, and you'll be making posts about hiding the wire cutters or how best to hide away the switch for the fence.

The whole graveyard thing with the headstones though, I feel like I played a big part in that, as I was the person adding the flatstones above each persons grave and trying to arrange their remains in places people might be able to find them later in the future, just so that they could have a moment to themselves, if no one else, to reflect on the life they lived, either as that person, or with that person. Something I didn't expect would become such a burden to us, as, the bodies decayed after so many hours and others could be put in those locations in that players stead, and, as a person revisiting that location, you could still find a peace of mind and reflect on the time you spent with that loved one.

It was a little thing I didn't think much of, but it turned my stomach to see the remains of people placed among broken tools and the corpses of farmed animals and scattered about the map. I even started making graveyards for the tools and sheep and thinking of them as, sort of, honored symbols of the past, though I never gave either any sort of headstones, I did consider, with a degree of respect, the places I put them to rest. Places people who go to place recently broken tools, or the corpses of the animals that were slaughtered so that we may live, and perhaps, reflect on things as they saw the waste accumulating.

I'd appreciate if the value we can gain upon the reflection of the lives we live for each other wasn't diminished. I've tried to tell you this in game a few times, tried to appeal to you, to reason with you. But that town, the one I was in when I took that screenshot, I was the last person there, as a male, with more than half my life left to live, and I devoted that life to putting to rest my family that killed themselves, even when we had an abundance of food. I made that path along both sides of that cemetery, to section it off from the other 3/4 of the potential land it could have expanded onto. I take great care, of every cemetery, and deeply regret the loss of every person I gather up in a basket and carry there. I don't just throw those players corpses out of the way, with the trash and other animals, I set them apart from the rest with great respect for life and disdain for the fact that we have not yet overcome death. Working in the graveyard is a quiet time of great contemplation for me, for a lot of reasons. And, while I respect your contributions to life, for the compost, wool and food you've provided my families, I find it greatly conflicts with the contempt you display here on the forums for other players, especially the new ones. I want you to be a better person to other people, because you truly care about them, not because they only serve to maintain an infrastructure for you to enjoy the next time you are reborn into a family that might be occupying the same place. You've given enough indications that you care more than that, yet you remain inconsistent, one way or the other. The people you should be valuing most, are the new players; the potential yet to come. If all goes well, your guides and designs will be surpassed by theirs, and their lessons will make all our lives, more fulfilling and productive.

With new players comes a chance for a future, without them, none.

Can we try to do our best not to turn them away? Please, for the sake of our love of this one thing that we share in common. Make them feel welcome to live, and die, with us, time and time again.

#38 2018-06-08 17:55:38

YAHG

Meh fuck you done reading

#39 2018-06-08 19:59:06

Rebel

So much hate, so little love.

Graveyards are a problem, I think burying the Eve of the settlement is probs the only meaningful grave I would bother making, maybe if someone really helped out the settlement I would bury them, but other then that, all those dead babies can go in a bone pile somewhere far away.

Graves should be for memorable members of the town. EG The person who made the first tools or captured the first sheep. or even someone who did more than a lifetimes worth of work.

My thoughts on grave sheep pens.. my same thoughts about pit pens, ruins my immersion, hate it. is it that difficult to spend a generation to get a nice looking pen up and running, rather than slamming an ugly arse pen down just to get some dung, Towns should aim to look good over the efficiency, I would argue that if the town is not at the right place to make a fenced pen, then you are not ready for sheep and rushing them helps no one if you haven't got the steel tools or the iron to keep the sheep pen working. whats the point in having sheep if you only have the iron to make one shovel, no knife, and no shears. The amount of times I have seen this is stupid, sheep but no tools. mainly because they break and there is no iron or the person who was looking after them before was selfish and died with the tool in bkpk and got lost.

#40 2018-06-08 21:57:16

Spockulon

pein wrote:
Feldspar wrote:

as  a kid i run for a backpack no matter what, as all other pro players who been on the situation, and honestly i use it better so i deserve it, too many times noobs get it at birth and use it as a basket and never go 30 tile away and still die, so i got no problem hiding fur or threads for the sake of it, everybody does it when its overpopulation
i never start a life like 'i gonna murder this noobs'

i react the second my hair changes, kill me at birth if you cant feed me, i just hate old ladies asking stupid questions and pickign me up while im starving and trying to run away

im the reason you even seen sheep domestication in towns, as i came up with the pen pits and made the first ones, and made it popular
no i never hide shears, i just keeping it safe from people who arent able to feed sheep but make a full clothing out of it

ad nauseam, ad infinitum...

pein, seriously, look at the words you wrote which I highlighted in bold for clarity.

You are so quick to put others down while demanding respect for yourself.

You are quick to claim that you deserve something for your "hard work".

You complain about how others play, ruin your projects/plans/game, but turn around and do things that are equally obnoxious and frustrating for other people. Therefore, your entire point, about people being respectful or efficient or useful in game, loses its credibility.

There will always be bad players, new players, and inattentive players. And even experienced players have rough games. I think the best thing to do is treat others with kindness, patience, and compassion. Those games are often my best lives!

I'm starting to notice at least a small correlation in that players who are often complaining about the way other players game seem to also be players who are most concerned with "efficiency". I also seem to notice that those same players are always whining about someone else ruining their "grand" plans or projects. They often play in an isolated style, rarely asking others for help and assistance.

I wish I could feel sorry for you pein, I really do, but I can't. You annoy the shit out of people> And (fair or not) people are much less likely to feel sorry for you if they don't really like you personally.

Last edited by Spockulon (2018-06-08 21:58:02)

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#41 2018-06-08 22:26:55

Spockulon

pein wrote:
Spockulon wrote:
pein wrote:

as  a kid i run for a backpack no matter what, as all other pro players who been on the situation, and honestly i use it better so i deserve it, too many times noobs get it at birth and use it as a basket and never go 30 tile away and still die, so i got no problem hiding fur or threads for the sake of it, everybody does it when its overpopulation
i never start a life like 'i gonna murder this noobs'

i react the second my hair changes, kill me at birth if you cant feed me, i just hate old ladies asking stupid questions and pickign me up while im starving and trying to run away

im the reason you even seen sheep domestication in towns, as i came up with the pen pits and made the first ones, and made it popular
no i never hide shears, i just keeping it safe from people who arent able to feed sheep but make a full clothing out of it

ad nauseam, ad infinitum...

pein, seriously, look at the words you wrote which I highlighted in bold for clarity.

You are so quick to put others down while demanding respect for yourself.

You are quick to claim that you deserve something for your "hard work".

You complain about how others play, ruin your projects/plans/game, but turn around and do things that are equally obnoxious and frustrating for other people. Therefore, your entire point, about people being respectful or efficient or useful in game, loses its credibility.

There will always be bad players, new players, and inattentive players. And even experienced players have rough games. I think the best thing to do is treat others with kindness, patience, and compassion. Those games are often my best lives!

I'm starting to notice at least a small correlation in that players who are often complaining about the way other players game seem to also be players who are most concerned with "efficiency". I also seem to notice that those same players are always whining about someone else ruining their "grand" plans or projects. They often play in an isolated style, rarely asking others for help and assistance.

I wish I could feel sorry for you pein, I really do, but I can't. You annoy the shit out of people> And (fair or not) people are much less likely to feel sorry for you if they don't really like you personally.

i dont fucking care about your pity

i dont complain about people to help me, i complain about they  doing stupid stuff, unoptimized and bad intentions
making harder to themselves, and for others

say all you want i am right, and dont take out of context you moron , it was an answer, and yes, you get higher civ level cause of me lot of times

i  can annoy them , i am right they not, if you care about how it looks not how it works, you get a lot of errors, like fences so easy to be griefed accidentally even, grave pens are new meta, as it adds storage i ntop of indestructibility, and it looks cool

1. I surely do not hold any pity for you in my heart, that much you can be sure of.

2. Real life must be a total bitch for you, because there will always be stupid people, inefficient people, and people with bad intentions. You let those idiots control you though, because you have allowed them to get into your head and taint your perception of honest, good, hard-working people.

3. Claiming you are right does not make it true, though I'm not sure where I said you were "wrong" about anything other than your petulant, megalomaniacal, self-pitying attitude.

4. We get high level civs because of you? Just you? You really want to take credit for towns that have existed for generations? This is my MAIN issue with you. You take credit where it is not due. You exhibit a savior complex. You are NOT solely responsible. That is absurd, narcissistic, and demonstrably false.

5. Not everything is a matter of "right vs. wrong". Life is not black-and-white. I know that's a cliché, but as I've entered my thirties (in real life), I see the truth behind these words more and more. There are just some areas where a clear moral right/wrong does not exist.

YOU are not the supreme judge of what is moral, or right, or wrong. That is collective, my friend.

and pein, seriously, I don't even give a flying fuck about the graveyard sheep pen stuff. I really don't. In fact, I commend you for using a game mechanic to your advantage.

Again, my issue with you is your attitude and disruptive nature in-game and in the forums.

If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean (the village, that is)!

#42 2018-06-09 01:07:03

pein

Spockulon wrote:

1. I surely do not hold any pity for you in my heart, that much you can be sure of.

2. Real life must be a total bitch for you, because there will always be stupid people, inefficient people, and people with bad intentions. You let those idiots control you though, because you have allowed them to get into your head and taint your perception of honest, good, hard-working people.

3. Claiming you are right does not make it true, though I'm not sure where I said you were "wrong" about anything other than your petulant, megalomaniacal, self-pitying attitude.

4. We get high level civs because of you? Just you? You really want to take credit for towns that have existed for generations? This is my MAIN issue with you. You take credit where it is not due. You exhibit a savior complex. You are NOT solely responsible. That is absurd, narcissistic, and demonstrably false.

5. Not everything is a matter of "right vs. wrong". Life is not black-and-white. I know that's a cliché, but as I've entered my thirties (in real life), I see the truth behind these words more and more. There are just some areas where a clear moral right/wrong does not exist.

YOU are not the supreme judge of what is moral, or right, or wrong. That is collective, my friend.

and pein, seriously, I don't even give a flying fuck about the graveyard sheep pen stuff. I really don't. In fact, I commend you for using a game mechanic to your advantage.

Again, my issue with you is your attitude and disruptive nature in-game and in the forums.

its my style, i dont have patience for the bullshit people do, it doesnt affect me long term
you dont know shit about me so dont act like you do
i could criticize you as well throwing random bullshit at you, and i could, probably real life i could get you mad in 2 minutes without saying anything real offensive

im a process guide in real life, and i can control people, cause they are not anonym assholes like in this game, they realize that its easier to do things in a good way, i joke all day but i got some expectation that need to be met or they gonna get screwed in long term

yes you get a lot of times nice cities 2-3rd gen where everything is prepared for the next big thing, i leave stuff in order for lucky eves, for the babies running around
wish i would have the same sometimes, but people just use up stuff then dont care

i understand that people care about graphics, look of the things, i hated graveyards, the big box of skulls digged into ground, makes no sense, players dig bones instead of producing food, using up the ticks of shovel before you create something that you actually need
but something with special properties can be used to create something that works, i dont care how it looks when it works better, so there came and idea and tested it

that city especially had an airlock fence pen with vertical fences, a guy let all sheep out just by going inside, doesnt look that fabulous compared

im not talking about morals there are no morals, you can try to enforce ideas like morti, it wont work
there is no moral, there are just opinions, everything is gray, nobody is objective, you can have a philosophy about gameplay, based on your experience, yo ucan be patient and get killed over and over, or be overly paranoid,etc. i still think its peoples decision, the whole parenting is not your decision, the thinks you craft it is
but as far as gameplay goes, thats just numbers, no role for graphics, or feelings,  its simple logistics
you know the next step and if you do it you help the community, if you dont you kill it, people like to think there is no consequence to doing what they do, yepp the backpack was a good example, if you got one you need to scout the perimeters not to munch berries and chit chat, if you teach people make sure someone produces food for all of you

so if people start bitching about that i made a sapling farm from a part of the soil i left for the city or i re-arranged some flatstones, might be annoying visually,  but didnt cost them anything, and i was sure not to block anything with it, have entrances, space around it
meanwhile they undo all my work by pure stupidity, fill the place over and over and dig into it. the city looked so bad at a time, i havent had mood to stay in it, still was so bad seeing all those green trees cut, they griefed the fences i made, they lost the buckets carts and they didnt tend to wheat, milkweed, so i dont know how can you can compare the two

i might not like you either, you still will play the game, and i nthe end nobody cares

#43 2018-06-09 02:31:13

Morti

pein wrote:

and i nthe end nobody cares

I care.
And I know others do as well.
Don't be wrong pein, it's inefficient.

#44 2018-06-09 08:21:55

Alleria

Morti, can you please stop writing half a dozen 2000+ word essays EVERY SINGLE DAY about meaningless babble that you could summarise in a single paragraph? This is a forum, not your personal blog.

"Words build bridges into unexplored regions"

#45 2018-06-09 08:40:40

DrButtCheeks

Rose wrote:

We were naked...  We were hungry... We needed food clothes and tools...  Jason gave us graves to honour our starving kids.

Lmao Jason you sadistic, beautiful man.

#46 2021-04-15 03:11:31

Quoteifugly

Lolllll have you guys not heard of fences??? why are you making pens out of graves??? loll

Jesus called me and asked me about my car's extended warranty

#47 2021-04-19 17:54:00

Morti

Alleria wrote:

Morti, can you please stop writing half a dozen 2000+ word essays EVERY SINGLE DAY about meaningless babble that you could summarise in a single paragraph? This is a forum, not your personal blog.

I miss Alleria, they were a challenging person to read and a teacher's gold mine.
I want all of you to welcome everyone to this community, see the fun and responsibility; the reward, of making each other better people. The more you can educate, the more fulfilling your life will be, even if it's just one person. We are forever in debt to the efforts of the past. Dump a fuckton of effort into the world, while you have the chance!

Board footer