One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-10 12:26:57

miskas

How do your lifes feel in the leadership update?

I just spawn in a black family (Sylvia Garden) who used The crown to present the Leader.
In my lifetime they swapped it 2 times immediately when the leadership changed.
Because I was helping the previous leader she choose me as the hier and gave me the crown.
I kept organized the village and in my way through I needed an explorer. Though many were helping to do jobs I asked, none presented as an explorer. So after a while, I randomly talked to a small girl and she had zoom, so I gave her the quest.
"When older find oil to retrieve the mining engine of the south abandons village."

We had already our own engine So I wanted to make a tiny royal property next to the well to store it there. But clutter and an unmovable stew was blocking the spot.
So Ordered the village to come to eat Stew to unblock it. It was amazing half the village came to eat it! It gone without a result though as the stew was a pumpkin gustard tongue oops!
I go fed a duck for an egg, and surprise surprise though the others left going back to their lives the little girl was now helping me making dought to remove the gustard!
After some tries, I managed to think a way to make a 1 tile fence (3x3) next to a shrine to put a box next to the shrine so it is accessible only inside the fence. It wasn't the best design but I had limited time and area. I was old now, the girl was there helping and commenting on my work so I followed her as she seemed the best option I had. I gave her my knife BUT I forgot to give her my crown and my property tongue
I died inside my property though so I hope She can take it after.

All around good stuff, I work with leaders or become one in every life and it is very nice. in the previous life yesterday as a follower I made a royal property for oil and engine that it got expanded and lived for over 40 generations! (Moni family) It might still be there.

If you want a different life go to your leader as a kid and ask him for a job or a quest. It will probably result in an interesting life.
Leaders are nice to work and bond with.

Hope you had a good rule Joise! smile
Did you get the crown?

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-10 13:30:56)

Killing a griefer kills him for 10 minutes, Cursing him kills him for 90 Days.

4 curses kill him for all of us,  Mass Cursing bring us Peace! Please Curse!
Food value stats

#2 2020-05-10 13:06:29

Caprys

Re: How do your lifes feel in the leadership update?

I haven't lived a life with real leaders yet.

#3 2020-05-10 13:28:49

wondible

I mostly got leader when I was already in prune stage. Once I informed people of the cow pen I built.

Last week an old lady followed me as a baby sitting on the fire, but I didn't see anything that needed urgent attention, and spent most of my life wandering out of town anyway.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#4 2020-05-10 13:35:30

Spoonwood

Prune stage?

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#5 2020-05-10 13:41:02

voy178

Spoonwood wrote:

Prune stage?

I assume they refer to wrinkly as in old.

#6 2020-05-10 19:12:51

pein

so far I saw a lot of old noobs being leader, I was unsuccessful digging out the bushes, but planted corn seeds at least then they replanted berries
when you got 2 bushes and you still plant berries instead of removing that 2 is so annoying

the other game the leader just didn't  see the new kilns so she gave stupid commands like 'they stole the bellows'

if you not seeking it actively to be a leader you won't be before like age 50 in a big town

all these gates are also annoying

Last edited by pein (2020-05-10 20:03:45)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#7 2020-05-10 19:36:31

Crumpaloo

Ive had 4 types of Leaders so far.

In order of best to worst:

1. The good leader: Brings race restricted items from other villages, is quick to exile griefers, keeps a tight security on the well.

2. The Oblivious Leader: Either they dont understand the leader role, or they just dont care, they dont really do much with the power they have been given and as a result dont really get alot done.

3. The Power Hungry Leader: Makes the village government into a strict monarch, where not following the rules means exile and death. Since there is no need to be met to becoming a leader, anyone including these people can eventually find themselves in a position of power that can lead down this road.

4. The Bloody Leader: This is a leader whose sole purpose for rule is death and bloodshed. It usually starts with a Oblivious Leader handing over the crown to someone with very depraved intentions. These leaders can be entirely responsible for the death of their village and leave piles of corpses in their wake. They are cunning, and wont shy away from putting on a act to get what they want.

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#8 2020-05-10 19:49:24

Arcurus

Crumpaloo wrote:

and how many of each type you encountered?

wouldnt it be good to have some time as exiled one to at least run away, or do they have and dont use this time? then maybe a more serious warning would help?

#9 2020-05-10 20:29:48

Crumpaloo

Arcurus wrote:
Crumpaloo wrote:

and how many of each type you encountered?

wouldnt it be good to have some time as exiled one to at least run away, or do they have and dont use this time? then maybe a more serious warning would help?

Good: 3

Neutral: 10

Bad: 2

Very Bad: 7

In my experience a village leader timeline usually goes something like this:   Good ---> Neutral ---> Neutral ---> Bad ---> Neutral ---> Very Bad ---> Village Death

1,280 pips just by Making Pork Tacos, Possible 2,500 pips just by hunting turkeys, and yet, somehow, yall still eating berries, bruh.

#10 2020-05-10 20:47:05

miskas

Did anyone played under the leadership of Sallyann Ginger today? (Generation 36)

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-10 20:48:34)

Food value stats

#11 2020-05-10 23:46:20

SirCaio

miskas wrote:

Did anyone played under the leadership of Sallyann Ginger today? (Generation 36)

I did. I was Shida Ginger, she was very good at listening as she was able to understand me (at that time a 4 year old) complaining about Eddy Ginger threatening people around town. She handled the situation by exiling him, not killing him right away, but rather talking to him, it seems she was able to get him to stop without any violence. She also expanded the fence around the well. Overall an interesting experience.

#12 2020-05-11 08:10:01

miskas

oh thanks Shida smile , It was a nice experience for me too.

Yeah, Eddy incorporated back to society and also made yum foods. He even helped me when I asked him and I ended up saving his life when he got bitten by mosquitoes.

Did Teddy manage to bring oil after my death, I had sent him on a quest that he was doing pretty well till I die.

I become a leader pretty much every life and people are very co-operative and Happy to help. Whenever I ask, They do important staff for the society and I thank them for that.
I would like to make a topic for players that become leaders to find better ways to organize our villages and talk to people.
Also, any feedback from followers on leadership is appreciated.

Last edited by miskas (2020-05-11 08:14:07)

Food value stats

#13 2020-05-11 18:33:38

Karrots

Caprys wrote:

I haven't lived a life with real leaders yet.

+1

#14 2020-05-11 20:53:37

Abrar

Miskas! I am Josie the little girl! This is my first post on the forms. I typically just read and don't post, but when I saw your message, I knew I needed to reply lol. I just happened to come up to you in that life, I'm not sure why, and followed your orders when I saw them, hence helping with the pumpkin custard. I was excited to see the new update, as it really provides a sense of order in these chaotic villages. I got the diesel engine you told me about after trading with the gingers for oil. I put the engine in the box within the property gate, and then I elected a new leader who had been working hard and who I raised when her mother left her. I told her to pass on ownership of the gate to future generations and to keep electing new leaders that would protect the engine, and when I came back to the same village about 8 hours later, the property fence and two engines were still there! You did a great job and I enjoyed playing with you! Leadership update is great, except in the one life I had a corrupt grandma as a leader and she murdered my mom sad It was hard to get people to coordinate to elect a new leader. Also, I never got the crown sadly haha, and your body was kind of annoying to remove from the 1 by 1 property fence XD

Last edited by Abrar (2020-05-11 20:56:20)

#15 2020-05-11 21:00:15

Arcurus

Abrar wrote:

... You did a great job and I enjoyed playing with you! Leadership update is great, except in the one life I had a corrupt grandma as a leader and she murdered my mom sad It was hard to get people to coordinate to elect a new leader. Also, I never got the crown sadly haha, and your body was kind of annoying to remove from the 1 by 1 property fence XD

did you mange to elect a new leader and get rid of your granny?

#16 2020-05-11 21:11:15

Abrar

No people just tried to join up and kill her, unaware of the large posse they would need without first electing a new leader. It seems there are still a good portion of people who still don't how the leadership update works, and it might be some time before people start using the update to its full potential.

#17 2020-05-11 21:17:48

Arcurus

Abrar wrote:

No people just tried to join up and kill her, unaware of the large posse they would need without first electing a new leader. It seems there are still a good portion of people who still don't how the leadership update works, and it might be some time before people start using the update to its full potential.

maybe the message if you attack one should say: Go to your leader and ask to exile him or bring people to  follow a new leader by saying....

For sure it would be helpful to know how many followers / allies you have, somewhere in the window directly. If you den click on it you get a pointer to your leader.

Last edited by Arcurus (2020-05-11 21:20:04)

#18 2020-05-12 07:20:48

miskas

Abrar wrote:

Miskas! I am Josie the little girl! This is my first post on the forms.

Oh thanks Abrar, It's an honor!
Yes leadership update is one of the best things that happened to Ohol. I enjoy every life.
And it is so nice that people can keep their traditions now.

Food value stats

#19 2020-05-12 07:39:27

Gomez

That's a real good point Miskas probably something missing from my lives is forming a working relationship with leadership.  I usually just hunt em down when I need to exile a suspect child. Seems to be 50-50 on if they give me the time of day.

#20 2020-05-12 07:46:04

Gomez

Arcurus wrote:
Abrar wrote:

... You did a great job and I enjoyed playing with you! Leadership update is great, except in the one life I had a corrupt grandma as a leader and she murdered my mom sad It was hard to get people to coordinate to elect a new leader. Also, I never got the crown sadly haha, and your body was kind of annoying to remove from the 1 by 1 property fence XD

Wll if you mom's name was Nemesis Mistry and the leader's name was Marren Mistry allow me to retort...if not I'll share anyways. lol

Ahem, I was the corrupt leader and his mom was a baby suicider SiD spawn suicided  6 times on me and only stopped after I cursed him because he knew he was going to donkey town.  Sadly the town turned on me I only exiled the guy and someone else killed him tbh.  Get your facts straight. 

I hounded the guy from the get go because unless game mechanics changed I was his only spawn on the entire map.  I even tried starving him but another townie picked him up and raised him.  Then he proceeded to turn the town against me leadership ignored my exile request even after the guy tried to steal food from the town.   Eventually I inherited leadership and exiled him. I laughed at them as they didn't have a large enough posse to kill me I died of old age and the drama died and sent the griefer to donkey town.

I tried to explain the arcane mechanics by which I knew he was a cursed soul but the town didn't understand.  I probably shouldn't have been so arrogant and asked the guy to confess his sins at which point he went into high gear turning the town against me and it worked!  What's funny is I didn't eves solo kill the guys trying to kill me after I exiled them...do you still think I was corrupt?

I actually asked them to stop attacking and just elect a new leader they were rabid with revenge an angry mob...it was a curious experience tbh.

Last edited by Gomez (2020-05-12 08:08:02)

#21 2020-05-12 08:29:10

Arcurus

Gomez wrote:

Ahem, I was the corrupt leader and his mom was a baby suicider SiD spawn suicided  6 times on me and only stopped after I cursed him because he knew he was going to donkey town.  Sadly the town turned on me I only exiled the guy and someone else killed him tbh.  Get your facts straight. 

isnt it that if you die before 30 you can come back in the same family. If so letting him starve to death as child wont help, killing may have helped cursing for sure should have helped...

i dont get yet why there is a way to curse dead babies with the curse baby command and what exactly the problem is with the a baby suicid. is it that you loose genetics if he uses the kill command? if so it seems like a king of bug to me not a failing of the player.

#22 2020-05-12 08:39:33

miskas

Arcurus wrote:

i dont get yet why there is a way to curse dead babies with the curse baby command and what exactly the problem is with the a baby suicid.

Runner babbies

Food value stats

#23 2020-05-12 13:01:54

Abrar

Gomez wrote:
Arcurus wrote:
Abrar wrote:

Wll if you mom's name was Nemesis Mistry and the leader's name was Marren Mistry allow me to retort...if not I'll share anyways. lol

I hounded the guy from the get go because unless game mechanics changed I was his only spawn on the entire map.  I even tried starving him but another townie picked him up and raised him.  Then he proceeded to turn the town against me leadership ignored my exile request even after the guy tried to steal food from the town.   Eventually I inherited leadership and exiled him. I laughed at them as they didn't have a large enough posse to kill me I died of old age and the drama died and sent the griefer to donkey town.

I tried to explain the arcane mechanics by which I knew he was a cursed soul but the town didn't understand.  I probably shouldn't have been so arrogant and asked the guy to confess his sins at which point he went into high gear turning the town against me and it worked!  What's funny is I didn't eves solo kill the guys trying to kill me after I exiled them...do you still think I was corrupt?

I actually asked them to stop attacking and just elect a new leader they were rabid with revenge an angry mob...it was a curious experience tbh.

It was indeed Nemesis and Marren. What are the odds. No hard feelings I just knew what my mom told me and didn't see what went down before XD. If I didn't listen to her I would have starved as a baby. That entire town had no clue how the leadership system worked, and after you died the leadership of that town was completely messed up as everyone followed themselves.

#24 2020-05-12 16:12:45

Crumpaloo

Welp, Bobo killed Garden town, theres a new scorching desert town although i dont got hewtu so i couldn't see the last name.

#25 2020-05-12 16:20:52

tocal

If there's a system of towns connected by roads, can't we just repopulate the old town with the new eve family? That town had a lot of sweet infrastructure, including the best stocked forge I've ever seen.

Board footer