One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-03-29 14:50:26

eajorstad

Yep, nope. Bye guys.

I'm done. So fucking frustrated with Jason's *fingers in ears* mentality.

A year ago this was my favorite game. When I wasn't playing it, I was thinking about ideas on what I could do next. I would watch Twisted videos at work. I'd scour the onetech tree to learn how to make more content.

Then the rift happened and I tried. I really did. It was so broken that, instead of frustrating myself continuously, I took a hiatus and instead continued to read the forums and watch Twisted to see when things would get better.

And they've only gotten worse.

Every now and then I'd play a few games but would be met with the same frustration. Now I can't go gather resources because I have the wrong skin color. Hmmm, preventing someone from doing specific activities because of your skin color.. oh, where have I heard about that before. Why does this sound so familiar??

Oh, but fuck, look at me now. I've written more than 20 words and am using multiple paragraphs. As Dodge had repeatedly said, "not reading that wall of text."

Maybe the real problem is people have reading comprehension issues on this forum? Perhaps, Dodge, you should spend some time away from this game and go take some classes to help your reading comprehension abilities. Surely, it couldn't be laziness that is preventing you from actually paying attention to what people are saying.

The drama in the forums and the shithole this game has turned into is just too much.

Good luck, Jason. I hope you figure out whatever it is you're trying to do with the game. Just don't waste too many people's time with shitty game-breaking updates, please?

Fug, Twisted, Slinky, always love reading what you have to say in the forums. I'm so sorry you are getting this frustrated with a game that you clearly love.

Time to find a different game that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out in anger.

#2 2020-03-29 14:58:30

Elsayal

Re: Yep, nope. Bye guys.

lol
You are upset boy, take a big break.
Bybye.

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#3 2020-03-29 15:05:28

Twisted

I hope you come back when the game is in a better spot. Right now it's not very good, but I'm fully convinced it will get better sooner rather than later.

#4 2020-03-29 15:20:36

DiscardedSlinky
DubiousSlinker

Good luck my mans. Hope you find a better game to put your time into.

I'm only sticking around because I love the community of this game and it's sad when good people leave

I'm Slinky and I hate it here.
I also /blush.

#5 2020-03-29 15:34:55

Morti

I find it amusing that people come out of the woodwork to say goodbye, rather than be active parts of the community.

I was like, who tf is eajorstad?

Sorry, but by this point I'm fully in sync with Jason's style of game development and nothing he does is likely to ever upset me again as much as people who complain.

Maybe if you guys just played for a few thousand more hours, you'd understand too. big_smile

Learn to adapt to the game, no matter what, don't insist Jason adapt to any, ANY, of you.
As long as we can log in together, we can manage, together.

#6 2020-03-29 16:43:22

Karrots

Have fun with your break. Can't speak for everyone, but I'll always miss a fellow player. Who knows, maybe you'll come back to the game eventually?

#7 2020-03-29 16:52:21

DestinyCall

Morti wrote:

I find it amusing that people come out of the woodwork to say goodbye, rather than be active parts of the community.

I think it is nice that people care enough about this game and the community to say goodbye when they have had enough.   It is safe to say that everyone knows your name, Morti.   You post a lot.    Many people read more than they post.   In  fact, I'll bet there are quite a few people who read the forum more than they play OHOL right now.   

If they never spoke up, we would never know that they were hurting.   They would suffer in silence, but they still suffer.   I think a community exists to support its members, in good times and bad.   We should welcome new voices and old, quiet voices and loud ones.   Just like in the game, we are in this together.  We are all one village.

I'm glad you enjoyed playing OHOL, eajorstad.   I hope you come back someday and have more fun.   Take care of yourself!

#8 2020-03-29 16:56:49

MrGold

Can't handle the heat?

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph

#9 2020-03-29 20:16:18

Coconut Fruit

It's still race specializations update that is breaking this game. If no race specializations this game would be definitely on its best state ever... I mean after the iron hotfix big_smile

To explain, race specialization cause many bad things. It encourages stealing/sharing instead of making everything from scratch - this is the biggest issue IMO. It also makes that we only have a few families, instead of having 10 or more. It really doesn't feel good to go to other towns and get their rubber only because we need it, it would be much better just to make it with our hands. it also doesn't feel good to make tons of more horses, or rubber, or oil, just so other races can have it. It also makes all families so peaceful to each other, which is also a little boring.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#10 2020-03-29 20:39:38

Elsayal

I like race specialization smile

"I go"
"find"
"iron"

#11 2020-03-29 20:42:39

Dantox

Morti wrote:

Kind of disrespectful there, not gonna lie.

Not everyone is like you Morti, some people just want to play a passive role in the community until they no longer want to be part of it, the fact that they came here to say their last goodbyes shows that they cared enough.

Sometimes people just dont feel like it, you cant blame them for that.

make bread, no war

#12 2020-03-29 22:19:35

antking:]#

Well hope you find a good, game to spend your time on, just check in once and a while

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#13 2020-03-29 23:24:25

pein

I mean Jason could drop a few ideas: nerfing things won't make it fun if there is no reward at the same time.
Slowing people artificially instead of making them want to do things.
Everything runs out and more people are more problem: that's just a pessimistic view and total backwards to good game design.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#14 2020-03-30 03:40:13

AlzWell

I have been playing for a couple of years, reading the forum and mostly keeping my opinion to myself and just playing the game however the update and my birth allowed for it.  I am sometimes disappointed that the game I purchased and fell in love with no longer exists.  And have been thrilled when VOG chose to participate with me in game.  Like this game shows we, as people, persevere.  I don't keep up on the news, so often I am surprised by the update i find myself playing.  Then I rush back to the forum to sort out WTF I am supposed to do now.  I like this game. I am a hard worker and peaceful player that enjoys exploring.  I see what needs doing and do my best to fill the voids. 

So when I was playing tonight, while gathering wood I saw that griefers had woken a few bears. I took the long way home, grabbed the arrows and headed back sure of my knowledge prepared to become the huntress.  And I stood proudly upon my object, held the shift key and was bitten.  I ran home was healed and headed back to finish the job.  And was bitten by a stupid bear.  Stupid me.  I have watched bear wipe out villages as wave after wave are released and lead back to the town.  Now to rise to the occasion and create a new line of defense, a new play-style. 

In this game as in life we are faced with changes. 
Will you choose to be conquered by the newest manifestation of someone else's dream? 
Or will you log on just one more time for one more life?

Last edited by AlzWell (2020-03-30 03:43:47)

#15 2020-03-30 13:11:57

wondible

AlzWell wrote:

held the shift key

Shift is for killing people, regular clicks are fine for animals and you won't accidentally target a person.

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#16 2020-03-30 16:03:03

Gogo
Banned

Come back, it's fine now. xD

#17 2020-03-30 16:08:56

MrGold

Gogo wrote:

Come back, it's fine now. xD

BRUH..

Im Mr.Gold I /hmph