One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-04-05 00:19:23

Joriom
Website

Re: How to be an effective, good murderer and wipe out entire villages

Dchella wrote:

I am sick of being on damage control when playing a Civilization BUILDING game. It's annoying having to answer for the bellends who wish to ruin it.

I think you put emphasis on the wrong word.

Its CIVILIZATION building game. Not HOUSE building, not TOWN building. What you build is: Civilization.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilization wrote:

A civilization or civilisation (see English spelling differences) is any complex society characterized by urban development, social stratification imposed by a cultural elite, symbolic systems of communication (for example, writing systems), and a perceived separation from and domination over the natural environment.
Civilization concentrates power, extending human control over the rest of nature, including over other human beings.
Civilizations have generally ended in one of two ways; either through [...] or by collapse and reversion to a simpler form, as happens in what are called Dark Ages.

#27 2018-04-05 00:30:03

Babipoki

Indeed. It's not a building the village simulator. There's Minecraft, Don't Starve and in one way or another, Kenshi, for that. I think Jason knew very well what was going to happen with the freedom he gave to players. There's definite difference between griefing and murdering.

#28 2018-04-05 11:41:56

pein

today had like 5 runs same village, first somebody took a shovel, 3 runs later found it 2 biomes away in middle of nothing no grave, nothing just some milkweed

then they started doing stupid shit, a girl called sunshine killed me for no reason at all, maybe wanted my gear, but pretty sure was same family, had five kids, all had food, all had gear than comes this stupid, five kids in 32 minutes raised and when i want to do fun stuff kills me
then next again some random chick shooting with bow, i lost my knife, she almost had no food left but then some stupid bug allowed to kill me without me stopping at all, this 1 hp thing is stupid, if someone gets wet by killing in a point and click game then its sad.  its ruining the game, give us a hp bar to at least retaliate, show like real names cause anonimous nolife kids ruin everything

its no point on what you all saying, spend all you gametiem to revenge is fcked up, unenjoyable, it only requires bad intention, nothing more, if there is a fighting system where skill is involved, i accept it, but this game is not about that

Last edited by pein (2018-04-05 11:45:55)

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#29 2018-04-05 11:59:22

Aname

pein wrote:

today had like 5 runs same village, first somebody took a shovel, 3 runs later found it 2 biomes away in middle of nothing no grave, nothing just some milkweed

then they started doing stupid shit, a girl called sunshine killed me for no reason at all, maybe wanted my gear, but pretty sure was same family, had five kids, all had food, all had gear than comes this stupid, five kids in 32 minutes raised and when i want to do fun stuff kills me
then next again some random chick shooting with bow, i lost my knife, she almost had no food left but then some stupid bug allowed to kill me without me stopping at all, this 1 hp thing is stupid, if someone gets wet by killing in a point and click game then its sad.  its ruining the game, give us a hp bar to at least retaliate, show like real names cause anonimous nolife kids ruin everything

its no point on what you all saying, spend all you gametiem to revenge is fcked up, unenjoyable, it only requires bad intention, nothing more, if there is a fighting system where skill is involved, i accept it, but this game is not about that

The skill thats involved is not get a rage attack

my 100st post

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#30 2018-04-05 17:12:55

Alf

pein wrote:

Solely mentioning the fighting system, depends if you mean the actual fight, or getting killed. As for getting killed I really think it is made correctly. As an unarmed person, you really should not stand a chance against the armed one. You just get stabbed, badly, end of story. That is the most sad part of killing and getting killed I think. It is purely simple in its nature.

Concerning the actual fighting system I think it actually requires some skill. It is possible to stab or shoot a person that is running, I did it several times, in both self-defense and when I was the aggressor. So being shot while running was definitely not a bug. I think your issue is, that the skill required for fighting is not the skill that you like. What is more, you don't like that any mistake there is your only and last mistake.

#31 2018-04-19 09:49:46

pein

Alf wrote:

Solely mentioning the fighting system, depends if you mean the actual fight, or getting killed. As for getting killed I really think it is made correctly. As an unarmed person, you really should not stand a chance against the armed one. You just get stabbed, badly, end of story. That is the most sad part of killing and getting killed I think. It is purely simple in its nature.

Concerning the actual fighting system I think it actually requires some skill. It is possible to stab or shoot a person that is running, I did it several times, in both self-defense and when I was the aggressor. So being shot while running was definitely not a bug. I think your issue is, that the skill required for fighting is not the skill that you like. What is more, you don't like that any mistake there is your only and last mistake.

a system means complex rules, rewards, reasons, when somebody right clicks you once, its not a system, its a primitive feature, no its not about that, i was zigzag, but if you got a lag, you do the dance back and forth to an item, or even worse sends you back on a previous position, you are dead,  but you dont see it on screen

1hp full critical is not a frikin system, its not fun for either side, just requires some bad intention, you got no reason to suspect anyone kills you, until they try, and you are dead, its okay for population control betwene nakeds, but famine does the same
people fck upand lose the knife then somebody spends 30 minutes to make other one, just to use it intended way, killing sheep and snake. then another moron lose the next one

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#32 2018-04-19 10:37:16

Roolstar

Laura wrote:

Perhaps i make my own Server ... but i Need a smaller Card and i have no idea how i can do this hmm

Easiest guide for a private server: https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=498

I'm a beginner in Virtual Machine and still got it to works by following this thorough guide.

I made a whole colony from scratch and even have a bell tower built

Enjoy smile

God is still learning to use His powers; and just like with any other mortal, it's gonna require both mistakes and time.

Only to eventually discover He did not create the world he always wanted, but the world he was forced to create.

#33 2018-04-19 12:57:41

aldraw

You're an amateur.

You start by taking watering devices, food reserves, seed and stashing them behind trees.  Hoard all the pies you can find, hide or eat them.   Make sure to have your own food supply secured in your pack or hidden nearby.  Over time this starves out the population.

Once the population has dwindled to just a few, feed mushrooms to any productive members and start picking them off with weapons.  Target young females first.

Last edited by aldraw (2018-04-19 13:06:02)

#34 2018-04-19 13:03:46

Joriom
Website

aldraw wrote:

You're an amateur.

You start by taking watering devices, food reserves, seed and stashing them behind trees.  Eat any pies in the village asap.  This starves out 50-90% of the population without anyone noticing.   Make sure to have your own food supply secured in your pack or hidden nearby.

You then finish off the remaining few at your leisure with bow/knife/mushrooms.

I'm so proud of people picking up my ways. You have my blessing Aldraw.

#35 2018-04-19 13:14:14

aldraw

Joriom wrote:
aldraw wrote:

You're an amateur.

You start by taking watering devices, food reserves, seed and stashing them behind trees.  Eat any pies in the village asap.  This starves out 50-90% of the population without anyone noticing.   Make sure to have your own food supply secured in your pack or hidden nearby.

You then finish off the remaining few at your leisure with bow/knife/mushrooms.

I'm so proud of people picking up my ways. You have my blessing Aldraw.

I only did this once because some idiot villagers were being assholes calling names and such.  So I decided to purge the population and replace it with my own bloodline.  It almost worked until I caught my daughter (who I promised would be queen of the new world order) snitching and had to kill her along with the remaining 3 villagers.

Sad day

#36 2018-04-19 14:25:07

Potjeh

pein wrote:

As for getting killed I really think it is made correctly. As an unarmed person, you really should not stand a chance against the armed one.

Why though? Realism?

#37 2018-04-19 17:28:29

Angel Carrillo

Realisim and common sense, Potjeh. A person left with his fists wouldn't bear much of a chance against some psychotic woman who has a knife and bow.
Imagine that, some kindergarten aged villager or civilian attempting to beat the gore out of some 16 year old with a bow. It wouldn't end well (AKA the 5 year old villager or civilian would get his head pierced by a arrow, leaving a disgusting corpse.) Unless you could disarm the armed one, you shouldn't stand much of a chance.

#38 2018-04-19 18:59:01

Potjeh

What do realism arguments have to do with game balance?

#39 2018-04-20 07:08:36

pein

in real life, i would apply some fist hits in the face of a stupid kid, even if has a knife, i would get maybe injured, i could throw stuff at him, isnt that realistic that some naked kid chases you and you get scared in full fur

#40 2018-04-20 19:30:35

Angel Carrillo

Here's what i'm saying - I agreed with pein's statement of "As for getting killed I really think it is made correctly. As an unarmed person, you really should not stand a chance against the armed one." The common sense part, in more realistic terms, imagine a 13 year old trying to defend himself against a 16 year old bully with brass knuckles. The kid would get knocked out (or killed) unless the 13 year old victim was some 13 year old Bruce Lee.

Last edited by Angel Carrillo (2018-04-20 19:32:06)

#41 2018-04-20 20:27:09

Morti

I'd also like to see a bandage and at least an injured state where the bandage can be applied.
Not only for pvp reasons but for accidents at work, on machines, or making arrows or knives.
You accidentally cut yourself making a knife.
You burned yourself working at the forge.
You sprained your ankle running over a rock.
When the tree fell, a branch flew out and struck your shoulder.

You could be as creative, or as simple as you like with it.

You are injured.

Then from there, add simple, cure all, items: bandage, and flesh it out from there as people are standing around, working in factories, injured by steam engines, electric drills, laser cutters. You stepped into the 3d printer to have a jet pack printed on your back, and the machine fused it to your body and now neither work so you need to have your head transplanted to a cyborg or donor body. Accidents happen. We could use a little time to deal with them and a solution in the meantime.

An argument against this, it's 60 minutes tops, you get in a car accident, you die, you restart, twenty minutes later, you're back in a  new car working the vacant shift at the factory your death left open, no biggie. Problem with these disposable lives, our first five minutes we're so useless, we're a burden wherever we're born, which is fine, it works wonderfully to give people the motivation to maintain food supplies, knowing they could be reborn in that society where their labor and infrastructure, affords their mother the opportunity to raise them until they're able to care for themselves.

However, we put a lot of effort into these lives, each time. You may be thirty, you have made all your own clothes using the town snares, and milkweed you spotted yourself looking for rabbits, then as you take your first cart out to gather water, you instantly die because of a snake bite. Or, as is the subject of this thread, you get stabbed with a knife or shot with an arrow, and it's just always 100% fatal, no, flesh wounds, no shot to the knee, it's just, every shot, every stab, fatal.

Please, add cotton, add loom, add cloth, add bandage, or, at the very least, let me use rope to make a tourniquet and cut my movement speed in half so I can at least get this water back to my village. They had no idea I went out that far. A snake should not have the power to starve an entire village to death.

#42 2018-04-22 23:45:31

Angel Carrillo

Why hasn't there been any activity on here lately?

#43 2018-04-27 02:21:51

Angel Carrillo

Okay, this is going insane. I have been giving recall comments and no one uses this still?! What is going on?

#44 2018-04-27 03:20:33

rodrigo

I found someone who was trying to do a knife. Was watching her, she made 4-5 steel fillet. When I told everyone nobody cares, so I just wait until I starve.

Or you die young with starvation or you live to become a murderer's victim.

Board footer