One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-19 01:48:26

MistressZues

This new update makes me miss the Rift.....please don't shoot me XD

So the thing is the rift made it easy to find an relocate other families life after life. I often would find myself in a village that was in desperate need of something, I would die of old age an be reborn to a new town that had plenty of whatever my old town needed. I would take one of them and bring it back to the old dying village an teach those babies my language for future trading prospects. Of course there was no real need for trading then other then roleplay/experimental purposes.

However now we really have a need for trading and everyone one wants to trade and work together, the only problem .... we cant find one another. the map is endless and new families spawn father and farther away. I feel like we would have less griping about this race/biome specialty update if we had the rift back.... at least just to see how it pans out.

We currently have no black families on map ( I had a memeber of my family stab me to get lineage ban to check, used up all twelve lives) and unless someone goes on a killing spree to wipe families (I actually think I might after this but I don't want to be cursed so ill ask like hey don't you think we should end the family to get black eves?) With no way for black eves to spawn all the families are living dirt poor existences with no way to make rubber. ALSO WHY DO THE SEALS BREAK SO DAM OFTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO MUCH!!!!! lol That is all, sorry my train of thought is probably hard to follow.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#2 2019-11-19 01:51:39

Spoonwood

Re: This new update makes me miss the Rift.....please don't shoot me XD

Seals break?  I don't follow.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#3 2019-11-19 01:57:46

wondible

Spoonwood wrote:

I haven't played with it yet since the towns I was in were pre-newcomen, but the idea is that newcomen cores break the seal every time they are used, so you need a constant supply of rubber (which also provides 4 for each bucket)

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#4 2019-11-19 02:05:56

Keyin

So, kill all the vanilla people or one of the brown families so we can get population low enough for black eve to spawn?

#5 2019-11-19 02:24:49

Keyin

Yeah there are like 3 brown families 1 white family 1 ginger family, no black family.

Born into a family that abandoned town once they got to newcomen pump.

with 6 families and no mechanism to make sure there's 1 of each skin tone, based on pure randomness there's 45.7% chance of missing one.

Last edited by Keyin (2019-11-19 03:29:22)

#6 2019-11-19 04:09:07

Spoonwood

wondible wrote:
Spoonwood wrote:

I haven't played with it yet since the towns I was in were pre-newcomen, but the idea is that newcomen cores break the seal every time they are used, so you need a constant supply of rubber (which also provides 4 for each bucket)

Oops!  I thought the OP meant 'seals' as in the animal with fur, not a rubber seal.  Now I see!

Danish Clinch.

#7 2019-11-19 04:41:57

Coconut Fruit

This update doesn't fit to infinite world. Also in rift it would only fit if there were always at least 3 families with different skin tones.
I played a game a couple hours ago, we made to new newcomen pump but had no rubber seals, we were out of water but nobody was even thinking to go to find a jungle family and then a desert family... What would we offer them anyway for their help? Or maybe we should abandon our town and pray that someone will accept us? big_smile If yes then why even starting a town? Maybe it would be better to just search for other families right away after spawing, it could take whole life tho.

Things like this should be optional and not necessary. It should work more like this: Your family is out of oil but you want them to thrive even longer? Now it's the time to find help in other families.

Currently it's bs.

Last edited by Coconut Fruit (2019-11-19 04:42:50)

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#8 2019-11-19 05:03:08

Coconut Fruit

Things like this should be optional and not necessary. It should work more like this: Your family is out of oil but you want them to thrive even longer? Now it's the time to find help in other families.

This could actually even be fun. After reaching highest tech which is oil and engine it wouldn't be over. Oil will end sooner or later, and what then? It could be fun if specific races could craft specific parts that after connecting together would turn into something that could be connected to oil rig and give another couple of uses.

Wow, this could even make trading a real thing. "We both need to upgrade our oil rigs, we give you parts that we made if you give us parts that we need". Yeah, it wouldn't always work, one family could actually have upgraded oil rig or be too little advanced to make needed parts, but that's okay. It should be optional to get to that point and not something that would happen in every family at some point. It would give some wow effect every time people would see this new level of technology, because it would be probably a rare thing, an achievement that people would want to achieve, they would want to try to reach it, well, I would for sure.

Searching for other families could become exciting. Their technology isn't good enough to make parts that we need? Let's help them to advance.

Making own private server (Very easy! You can play on it even if you haven't bought the game)
Zoom mod
Mini guide for beginners
website with all recipies

#9 2019-11-19 05:54:49

Gomez

yeah i was gonna propose killing off a brown family since there are three...uncertain of mechanics involving eve spawns exactly tho...eliminating families would do it?

pretty cheese that for progress we gotta axe a family?

Last edited by Gomez (2019-11-19 05:55:47)

#10 2019-11-19 06:18:39

MistressZues

Gomez wrote:

yeah i was gonna propose killing off a brown family since there are three...uncertain of mechanics involving eve spawns exactly tho...eliminating families would do it?

soooooo..... I did end up killing off the Rodney family they had three females and with the help of my nephew Alexander we ended them. I died of old age an sent him to end the last three females in our family the Mary fam. I'm really hoping that will be enough for the other families to over populate an starve an then the eve window to open. I'm sorry for those I killed.

Check this out upvote if you agree!!! https://www.reddit.com/r/OneLifeSuggest … heck_this/

#11 2019-11-19 06:18:55

Wuatduhf

Delet

#12 2019-11-19 06:30:17

jcwilk

MistressZues wrote:
Gomez wrote:

soooooo..... I did end up killing off the Rodney family they had three females and with the help of my nephew Alexander we ended them. I died of old age an sent him to end the last three females in our family the Mary fam. I'm really hoping that will be enough for the other families to over populate an starve an then the eve window to open. I'm sorry for those I killed.

ethical griefing... I love this so much xD please turn the replay into a video and upload it, pretty please

#13 2019-11-19 06:37:32

DestinyCall

Yep, I just got born to a griefer that was surrounded by murdered Rose family. 

She asked her three babies if they wanted to join her in griefing.  When we didn't reply, she let us starve.  Then I was immediately reborn to her and watched as she killed a random old man who showed up from out of town.   

Isn't it nice that we can't curse until we are older?

#14 2019-11-19 06:39:59

DestinyCall

Anyone else worried about the new people who are about to join this murderfest we lovingly call a parenting simulator?

#15 2019-11-19 06:40:13

jcwilk

I mean, we talk a lot of shit about the combat system but damn... Someone's able to get shit done apparently. I need to up my knife game

#16 2019-11-19 06:41:02

DestinyCall

jcwilk wrote:

I mean, we talk a lot of shit about the combat system but damn... Someone's able to get shit done apparently. I need to up my knife game

For what it is worth, she seemed pretty surprised that she survived.   I'm betting someone healed the wrong person.

#17 2019-11-19 06:44:19

jcwilk

DestinyCall wrote:
jcwilk wrote:

For what it is worth, she seemed pretty surprised that she survived.   I'm betting someone healed the wrong person.

ugh god you're killing me... one of you please upload that precious video

#18 2019-11-19 06:45:48

fug

jcwilk wrote:

They didn't even kill all the gingers. I ended up leaving after they murdered my mother but wolved myself + baby as the server needed blacks a lot more than us useless gingers. The people who got stabbed were complete idiots for not just walking away as the attackers slow walked up to them/the gingers stood around like idiots.

Worlds oldest SID baby.

#19 2019-11-19 06:47:24

DestinyCall

fug wrote:
jcwilk wrote:

They didn't even kill all the gingers. I ended up leaving after they murdered my mother but wolved myself + baby as the server needed blacks a lot more than us useless gingers. The people who got stabbed were complete idiots for not just walking away as the attackers slow walked up to them/the gingers stood around like idiots.

Fun story .. I was that baby.  And I think three other of your babies. 

I was looking for black people too.    I ran out of lives after I hit "griefer mom".

#20 2019-11-19 07:15:39

Keyin

I did my part...

doingmyduty.png

I was born the wrong color, so I sacrificed myself in order that someone of a nobler shade may bestow upon us the gift of rubber.

#21 2019-11-19 07:27:38

jasonrohrer
Administrator

I don't mind this kind of grand meta.

It brings rift-like server-wide thinking to the infinite map.

Regarding seals breaking, with the way the engine handles such things, I didn't have a choice.  I balanced it by having seals be easier to make in quantity.

Both non-pump wells also last longer.

If you're out of water and can't find a fam to help make a pump, you do have other options.  There are other spring heads a few minutes away, so you could make a water outpost or migrate over there.

#22 2019-11-19 07:49:45

DestinyCall

ugh ... you are fine with this?    Jesus wept.

#23 2019-11-19 07:55:26

jcwilk

Just built a small property fenced-off recovery area stocked with food and firewood to recoup between marks and killed a vanilla-flavored family one at a time to see how it felt. It felt good. Bring on the chocolate!

#24 2019-11-19 08:07:12

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

I don't mind this kind of grand meta.

It brings rift-like server-wide thinking to the infinite map.

I do not believe that rift-like server-wide thinking was popular with your playerbase Jason.  I think it was unpopular.  Personally, I never played during The Rift.  But, I read quite a few comments from people who weren't so negative about The Rift in the beginning, but rather *grew* to dislike The Rift over time.

Additionally, this sort of change isn't along the lines of the popular request of 'need content'.  'Need content', I think, consists of a way of saying that people want the ability to do more things, like when you've added new foods or clothes or technology in the game, there was more content for people to do.  But, the race X can't do Y change isn't about players having the ability to do more.  It's not like trading wasn't a possibility before.

jasonrohrer wrote:

If you're out of water and can't find a fam to help make a pump, you do have other options.  There are other spring heads a few minutes away, so you could make a water outpost or migrate over there.

Yeah, and players could live on wild food perhaps, but so what?  That's still fewer options than before the race changes.  That's still not a family having the ability to climb the whole technology tree (note that a key race was missing from the server for a while).  Also, I don't think that migration is civilization building.  And I don't know of any information that suggests that players would enjoy migration.  I doubt that people want that.

Danish Clinch.

#25 2019-11-19 09:01:22

Amon

In alll honesty, I agree. This is somethinh that would have been best suited during the rift sagas.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

Board footer