One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-25 19:52:15

Roblor

Make OHOL great again

I'm telling you guys;
If there was food decay & preservation, along side with animals that moved on a independant layer from the regular items, there would be no need to Fortnite-trap all the players in a giant sheeppen to make the game interesting again.

I got really intrigued the times the game was updated with new challenges that made me humble...
Such as the compost update!
... and the temperature rewamp!!
I like to play pacifist when playing in a game like this with real death consequences.
But I need space when people bug me. Or else I can't deal.

Please make OHOL PvE again.   

Sure more deadly wildlife and food conservation techniques will be mastered and become routine game-play aswell.

Mmmmm... Mr. Jason, sir. How much work you wanna put into this project is up to you. I don't know your motivation for programing.
Adding content is a lot of work for sure, and how profitable I don't know.

I just wanted to express how much potenial I see in this game as a mainly PvE game over a mainly PvP one.

Ty for making tomatos edible and all the other necessary tweaks and fixes

#makeOHOLPvEagain

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#2 2019-09-25 20:02:00

Joseph Stalin

Re: Make OHOL great again

yes food decay unless special would be cool to stop pie spam then lazyness for years

#3 2019-09-25 20:04:45

DestinyCall

I second the desire to see more PvE and cooperative elements added to the game.  Those parts are where OHOL really shines.   Many games have much better PvP systems.    Not many have the amazing potential for interesting cooperative gameplay offered by OHOL's core game mechanics

#4 2019-09-25 20:09:19

DestinyCall

Joseph Stalin wrote:

yes food decay unless special would be cool to stop pie spam then lazyness for years

One minure = one year.    Any processed foods will need a long shelf life to be worth producing in the first place.   But raw meats could (and should) spoil if left out on the ground for a while.

Ideally, if food decay gets added, we should also gain option for food preservation, like salted meats, dried meats, and cold storage (pot-in-pot cooler, ice chest, root cellar, etc)

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-09-25 20:19:44)

#5 2019-09-25 21:08:17

Anhigen

DestinyCall wrote:

Raw meats could (and should) spoil if left out on the ground for a while. Ideally, if food decay gets added, we should also gain option for food preservation, like salted meats, dried meats, and cold storage (pot-in-pot cooler, ice chest, root cellar, etc)

Like fuck to the yeah. I mean, this has to be in the pipes already, it's just sooooo inconsistent that clothing and items decay but meat doesn't. Salt the meat now and make jerky or if you work quickly you can produce high pip cooked food items. No more spamming rabbits everywhere just for their furs when you also have to have a cooking option ready if you want to use their meat. Like, this will be so much fun. Preserved fish! Lol.

And it will give us so much more tech to build, like canning, refrigeration, drying racks, smokers... I'm drooling just thinking about it. 100 per cent for this idea!

And I mean the problem of things persisting indefinitely creates scenarios where people don't have to have a "job". Previous lives can do all the work for you! While I think their still should be some elements of solo play, it's incredible that if you just played by yourself, you could spend an entire life time baking and making food for you next several lifetimes to consume. That kind of cross generation solo play HAS to be mitigated. No one baking? No pies. No one cooking? Your meat is perishing. Rabbit left in it's trap? It's decaying and spoiling both the pelt and the meat!

This also means we can balance food so that more food is produce per item because it decays over time. For instance, I played in the Tree family today--what a quaint little place, I loved that little town--and we had 9 stew pots along with a huge ass bakery just full of food. 9 pots though? This place was NEVER running out of food. But the cool thing is it created an AREA for food that you just can't do with 1 pot. More food began to gravitate towards these 9 pots and it's eventually where I started putting my buckets of milk once I got my cows up and going. The "space" that that much food made had a noticeable impact and I'd love to see more of that--it's something that people can understand. Food is here. Kind of like how the berry push farm creates a farming space just by it's presence and size alone. The only problem with those 9 pots was that no one was making them. The entire hour I played we didn't have a single baker and we never even tipped a pot; there was just so much food! It would be wicked if you could feed a few people could feed you entire village, but they could only do it for fifteen minutes at a time--or less--so that the food was still just as useful, but now so is your job.

Last edited by Anhigen (2019-09-25 21:30:09)

Everyone talks about how great milk is, no one talks about how many bb cows you must let die...

#6 2019-09-26 00:55:46

Booklat1

Oh this is a nice post

The way I see it, Jason might come back to working on core features after the rift is more stable.

Food decay specifically opens a great space for techtree branches but let's not forget that there are still many open branches that need to be optimized or repurposed  (like walled buildings, rails and cars)

Last edited by Booklat1 (2019-09-26 00:56:03)

#7 2019-09-26 06:13:44

pein

i know a way to make buildings more valuable and game more interesting.

TOWER Defence!
One of my favourite strategy game of all time, quite old, but highly rated on steam is Stronghold crusader
which is actually a tower defence

Basically you got a point to defend, like your king, but it could be a town centre, or centre of the population, and wild animals would attack it over time with increasing number and increasing rewards. This would make walls and blocking more important. Also, would give some interesting moment for people who want to fight.

I would like some hardcore, deep , veteran oriented updates. My wish would be turfs and areas on map with bonuses and territory control, trade and diplomacy, taxes, quests, and such, but i would love eras, upgraded items or just cosmeti items too.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

Board footer