One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 17:37:43

WalrusesConquer

A bit of positivity

Look, I'm not sure about you guys but I'm a bit ...fed up with all the negativity (deserved and undeserved respectively). The forums used to be a place for stories with missed connections being at the top constantly.

So let's liven it up right? What was YOUR favorite life? It can be from any time, just try to not complain please!

Mine was surprisingly not a town but a camp. I was playing and me and my sister were desperately trying to have kids. We had only been alive because of my brother (I think?) Called Dante and others sacrificing themselves for us. We had a row of berries. But it wasn't enough.
Mom was the first to go
Then my sister
Then my brothers
I was still new and couldn't open the darn backpack, which is a shame because I didn't want to leave my family that soon. I wanted to stay till old age

Maybe you guys don't care so much, but it was one of those experiences that just made me keep playing you know? Knowing it was hopeless but still continuing because of your family.

Just my $0.02

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#2 2019-08-07 17:41:21

Amon

Re: A bit of positivity

I do care! A lot. Some very good moments came from this game. Later Amon shall share his tale.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#3 2019-08-07 18:09:55

Grim_Arbiter

http://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5181

Apocalypse town..

Still my favorite life.

It was actually very similar to our current situation. The apocalypse cities were a huge expanse and the resources around it ended up getting pretty damn drained as well. You also had families working together and going to war with eachother. There wasn't a war sword yet, and that life still had a very heavy amount of killing.

That story wouldn't have been my favorite one if there wasn't any stakes and it was a worry free life.

While I do have very fond memories of certain lives that didn't have any chaos, they will never grip me like that life did. I didn't know what was around each corner, or who I even wanted to be.. and really was flying by the seat of my pants. It was a rush and the lives now are getting close to what that felt like.

There should be a balance of those two types of lives, and I have had a worry free life or two in this new rift map, its just not MOST of the time like it was before.

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-08-07 21:39:50

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

literature teacher be like:

thats deep

#5 2019-08-08 17:21:47

sigmen4020

I had a good life relatively recently despite all the random killings that happened in the Feuer family I was born yet. I started off my life feeding an abandoned baby when I was still a kid. I later named her, can't remember what now, this life was some time ago. During most of my prime there were random murders happening left and right. It was a miracle that I managed to avoid getting killed.

What made this life wasn't the random murder that was completely uninteresting. What made it great was the newbie I taught composting that life. I named her Anna when she was young and many of the kids went unnamed because of all the chaos. She later found me again asking me to teach her compost. It took longer than I expected, because I also had to plant a new set of carrots. I eventually taught her in the end and greeted all of the children she got. In the end she saw me more as her mom than her actual biological mom, which was great since all my own kids died pretty much immediately after venturing away from the baby pile. I died wishing Anna luck. I checked her family tree later and saw that she died of old age. I was Isabelle Feuer.

My family tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5111321

Anna's:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=5111321

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-08 17:22:06)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#6 2019-08-09 00:58:00

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

I honestly dont remember the good lives. So i assume all the times i lived long were good ones.

I remeber one that is good.

I was some dude (dont remember the name), in a mixed race town. I wanted a sword to defend the town, and some dude told me that if i try to, he will kill me. (I hate you Arthur Royal)
So, i plotted with my little sis (?) to kill him, and her son volunteered to back me up. So i went. I stabbed the guy, and thanks for the kid's help, I got away with it.

TL;DR: Never call someone that isnt a griefer one, because he will "grief" you for it.

#7 2019-08-10 07:21:48

schmloo

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito) wrote:

I honestly dont remember the good lives. So i assume all the times i lived long were good ones.

I remeber one that is good.

I was some dude (dont remember the name), in a mixed race town. I wanted a sword to defend the town, and some dude told me that if i try to, he will kill me. (I hate you Arthur Royal)
So, i plotted with my little sis (?) to kill him, and her son volunteered to back me up. So i went. I stabbed the guy, and thanks for the kid's help, I got away with it.

TL;DR: Never call someone that isnt a griefer one, because he will "grief" you for it.

How positive. Asking for or trying to make a sword in a mixed town to “defend” is just asking for trouble. Imo Arthur Royal very likely wasn’t a bad person, just looking out for the peace.

Last edited by schmloo (2019-08-10 07:24:39)

Insert OHOL-related signature here

#8 2019-08-10 14:51:49

WalrusesConquer

Hey HEY!
WHAT  DID I SAY ABOUT NEGATIVITY >:U

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#9 2019-08-11 04:06:22

Turnipseed

WalrusesConquer wrote:

Hey HEY!
WHAT  DID I SAY ABOUT NEGATIVITY >:U

Just be negapositivitally Alligned add turnips in the next update!!

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

Board footer