One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-03 11:46:32

Grim_Arbiter

The Sand Town Raiders

I try not to have story time that often, but there are certain lives that I feel deserve a retelling. So is the case with my last life, which has to be one of my favorite to date.

I kinda created another gang unintentionally again..

20190203003843-1.jpg

My story begins as a young boy born to a small town mother, who had probably been given a backpack and immediately made a dash for the big city and its fancy bells. I have no idea what she tried to name me but it ended up coming out to Ganiyah Groot. While I could tell mom wasn't the most experienced long traveler, she was not the worst by any means.. She had gotten us 1.3K away from the bells of the main city when i was born. I communicated just enough to tell her that Id be ok when I was old, and as soon as I was, to go ahead and leave without me. Got old enough and said our goodbyes and see you there stuff.

Ok time for Gani to face the world for himself!... All by himself...

Everything was going well, found some old camps on the way and got geared up. Had a close call with a hidden mosqito patch but made it by the skin of my teeth. Got close enough to where the home needle stopped showing distance and was confident i was going to make it, and maybe even find mom!

Out of nowhere the bell marker changes to a endtower chime and the compass has now changed directions... and its close.

Well.. maybe I should go check it out. I mean its close to these bells, so lets see whats going on.

I arrive to a scene of utter chaos. Someone has buried that end base in a forest and a group of 8 individuals including myself have converged on the location. We all arrived in the same general treeless spot. I was probably the last to arrive, but when I got there, there was a full blown snowball war taking place in front of me. I was trying to stay on the outside and just watch when I guess somebody noticed the knife I had found earlier in my basket. I thought i was far enough but someone pelts me and i drop the basket. They then thanked me in the middle of the snowball war and then go knife someone in the center.

Me and one other person I didn't catch the name of were the only survivors of that skirmish. It happened all so fast..

The other person flees and I stand there the only remaining. I quickly take a backpack and leave.
This was my first meeting with members of the Uranga family, but i would meet them again.

20190203000344-1.jpg

Immediately after that battle I headed south and ran into a horseman. He was surprised as I was about the end bell and I told him it was just a blood bath up there. He told me It was pretty far from his town and I decided to get a tipped horse-cart I had traveled past just prior.

I got the horse-cart up, and made it toward the main hub. When I arrived Looked for any Groot relatives and asked around about them but they had never made it to the city. I decided to check out the 1.6 long road going west (my last topic) and then decided to follow the road east which i had never done. The bell marker was now showing that way too. I arrived to Sand Town and was actually warmly greeted by the remaining townsfolk. They had the last name Uranga like the ones in the battle, so I kept my guard up but they turned out to be really chill. The king Lola told me about them loosing most women(maybe in the battle?), and then his right hand man Garry had to kill the last girls who were a greifer duo. We Thought a girl had come into the town and we were saved, but she ended up being too old.

Lost, distraught, and looking for meaning we milled around for a moment when I found out the king had never been to the main city. The king had a new glint in his eyes and said we should go raid the city, either for riches or women! He called upon Garry and the three of us headed into the main hub to plunder to our hearts content as a marauder gang.
We raced to The city as fast as we could with a pretty remarkable pace and formation. The ride was on!

Unfortunately the dying Sand town was more alive than the main hub when we arrived.. There was nobody to raid rob or force to comeback with us. We decided it was a sign and that maybe we were not meant to be plunderers after all. We were all getting up there in the years and we decided to just ring the bells at the main city as a last hurah. I must have missed a part between the king and Garry but I came back to the horse pen to meet back with them and the king had stabbed Garry!

I think Garry asked for it as he was asking go join the victims of his hands and couldnt handle the guilt. They were sharing their love for eachother right before Garry passed.

The king then asked me for one final favor. In our talk about the main town I had also mentioned the town far west of it and how it is sort of hidden yet connected. He wanted to see it as the last goal in his life. We made the trek both pretty under supplied and older in age, but determined. We made it halfway.. then 75% of the way. We both stopped one last time and I told him we were close. We were about only 200 tiles away! I mad dashed it the rest of the way to the village and made it into the main square and looked back waiting to welcome the king.

He never made it.

He starved right at the final stretch of road, and everything he had on him and his body disappeared. It might have been behind a group of trees near his horse-cart, but i couldn't find. In a mad frantic I tried finding an axe and basket to find his body and bring it into town so he could have technically made it, but it was a fruitless endeavor. My final piano started playing and my time was up. I left a last thank you note to my mom in my last words and died at the center of my favorite town.

I love this game

Last edited by Grim_Arbiter (2019-02-03 17:09:00)

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#2 2019-02-03 21:45:18

WalrusesConquer

Re: The Sand Town Raiders

I made Lola the queen! I lived in the main hub, travelled a bit but was too old to make it back. I had originally wanted to give my crown to my daughter April but...that couldn't happen now. So I picked the next best thing. A dude called Lola.

Last edited by WalrusesConquer (2019-02-03 21:47:38)

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#3 2019-02-04 06:34:11

Grim_Arbiter

WalrusesConquer wrote:

I made Lola the queen! I lived in the main hub, travelled a bit but was too old to make it back. I had originally wanted to give my crown to my daughter April but...that couldn't happen now. So I picked the next best thing. A dude called Lola.

That is amazing lol. Well I gotta thank you.
Its crazy to think that if you had not given him that crown, that part of my life wouldn't have been as interesting as it was.

Did you hear that jungle end chime that everyone ran to, or was that after your time?

--Grim
I'm flying high. But the worst is never first, and there's a person that'll set you straight. Cancelling the force within my brain. For flying high. The simulator has been disengaged.

#4 2019-02-04 07:34:13

WalrusesConquer

I heard the jungle chime before, but it happened just at the end of my life I think. May Lola rest in peace!

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

#5 2019-02-04 11:46:57

nilla

It so weird to see this story because I was your great great great great great great great great grandmother (http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=3222214).

When I was born, my mom informed me I was the only hope left for the village as I was the last daughter born to an aging mother. She pleaded that I stay safe and continue the lineage and I respected her wishes. I believe she lived long enough to see my first and only daughter, Zarya Groot, born into the family.

I gave Zarya the same speech my mother gave me and told her to stay safe to continue the lineage. She, unfortunately, died by a boar at a fairly young age. However, she'd given birth to a daughter before she passed. Shay Groot broke the family curse of a single female per generation surviving and prospered.

It was touch and go at first, however, the only reason we made it was because of my brother Renaldo Groot, the Dread Rabbit Exterminator and my very capable but also a bit of a punk son named Osiris Groot.

I remember when I was younger chasing Renaldo around the whole village trying to tell him I found enough rabbit fur to make him a backpack. I couldn't make it myself and give it to him because he took the only needle and thread in the village. When I was finally able to get his attention and lead him to the 4 1/2 rabbit furs, he quickly made himself a pack and then ran off without a word. For a long time, I thought he had passed. That was until he came back after a rabbit genocide. By that I mean he slaughtered enough rabbits to clothe and backpack 2 generations.

Renaldo never spoke his entire life, however, what he didn't say in words he expressed through his actions. He was definitely one of the most unique siblings I've ever had.

Osiris Groot... He was also one of the most unique of all the children I ever had as well. Couldn't tell at first but the moment he was able to string more than 4 words together, the sass came out. He worked hard on getting the town up and running. Swear that kid was in 8 different places doing 16 different things. When I handed him the apron with the only knife in the village because I trusted him to do the right thing, his response was "Thanks, babe." I knew I made the right decision because when I checked the family tree after reading this post I saw that we made it to generation 17.

I'm glad they were able to continue the lineage so you could have this awesome adventure as my great great great great great great great great grandson.

#6 2019-02-04 16:29:07

MultiLife

nilla wrote:

Renaldo never spoke his entire life, however, what he didn't say in words he expressed through his actions. He was definitely one of the most unique siblings I've ever had.

Hah, I was once a mute guy for my whole life. I cleaned my keyboard and replugged it as I loaded in; I didn't notice it my whole life but a button was stuck which prevented me from writing anything, I could only use the F1-F7 commands for expressions (AWBZ mod shortcuts). The village was dying with no girls left and I noticed villagers planning to leave it behind to run for the bell town 2k away. I couldn't say anything so I just followed them - soon, I was mid-way to the bell town, looking at my only companion, my old mother, dying in the middle of nowhere, saying goodbyes to me as I made the sad expression, still mute. I think she knew not to expect words from me as she left me her goodbyes. I carried her backpack to the bell town for her, and in the end died with no last words to Old Age.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-02-04 16:32:51)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#7 2019-02-05 12:33:18

Grim_Arbiter

MultiLife wrote:

Hah, I was once a mute guy for my whole life. I cleaned my keyboard and replugged it as I loaded in; I didn't notice it my whole life but a button was stuck which prevented me from writing anything, I could only use the F1-F7 commands for expressions (AWBZ mod shortcuts). The village was dying with no girls left and I noticed villagers planning to leave it behind to run for the bell town 2k away. I couldn't say anything so I just followed them - soon, I was mid-way to the bell town, looking at my only companion, my old mother, dying in the middle of nowhere, saying goodbyes to me as I made the sad expression, still mute. I think she knew not to expect words from me as she left me her goodbyes. I carried her backpack to the bell town for her, and in the end died with no last words to Old Age.

I had somehow never been born into the speed family, or i think even seen an alive speed, but I always wanted to be in that family so i could have a son that I could name claude. I would tell him that his destiny would be to help every single different person in the village with whatever task they were doing but he had to be mute and only respond with "..."

Gta 3 reference..

Also RIP sand town main hub and west town.. and all the towns we lost.

--Grim

#8 2019-02-05 15:21:15

WalrusesConquer

One time one of my kids was what is called..."special" they believed the good of the world and grew EXTREMELY attached to their "gam-gam". Once grandma got old I knew what I had to do. There was no WAY on EARTH I was ruining my kid's innocence - So I said let's play hide and seek and didn't look for her. Parent of the year!

As long as roleplaying doesn't get in the way of work, I have no problem with it

Recent favorite lives:

Board footer