One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-06 00:45:55

Catmattington the 3rd

Starting

I bought One Hour one Life a few months ago and after I made an account on the forums I realized that I don't know how to start playing. I searched on google and looked on the main form but I don't know what to look for and I don't know what else to do. If someone would please explain it to me I'll be thankful

#2 2019-08-06 01:45:46

JackTreehorn

Re: Starting

Well login to the game. Your first life should be in the tutorial where you progress through a corridor learning some of the essentials. The tutorial finishes when you have made a fire and lit the torch at the end. You then die and can play your first real life. You will be born to a mother who will look after you until you are grown. Your goal is to look after your family/tribe by doing jobs around the village.

The first job you should learn is how to maintain a berry field.
Step 1 - Use an empty basket to pickup and place soil around the side of the field.
Step 2 - Use an empty bowl to pickup a bowl full of soil and place it on the darkened languishing berry bushes.
Step 3 - Use an empty bowl and fill it with water from a bucket, pond, or well then pour onto the bush you previously had placed dirt on.

If done correctly the berry bushes will regrow the berries.

Learn other jobs to help the village

Firetender - Collect wood and place near main fire.
Farmer - grow different crops for the village to eat
Rabbit catcher - Catch rabbits for clothing and food.

Most importantly ask for help, lots of people are willing to teach you.

Last edited by JackTreehorn (2019-08-06 04:10:04)

Eve Audette

#3 2019-08-06 02:15:52

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito)

For example, me.

I always ask players if they are new. If they are, i ask them what do they want to learn, and teach them.
I dont make the process myself, so they learn the how to and the receipes. I only guide them

Last edited by MrDorito (AKA: Dorito) (2019-08-06 02:16:43)

#4 2019-08-06 05:13:05

Tempted

MrDorito (AKA: Dorito) wrote:

For example, me.

I always ask players if they are new. If they are, i ask them what do they want to learn, and teach them.
I dont make the process myself, so they learn the how to and the receipes. I only guide them

One of the first times I played, my mom asked me if I was new. I said yes, and she walked me over away from her camp and told me to stay. She never came back. I starved. Maybe she didn't want to mess with it? Or just griefing, I don't know.

#5 2019-08-06 05:20:21

pein

when the camp has no food, new players die often
new twins are worst, they eat a lot and if one dies the others kill themselves
boys- i don't mind, i guess it's even better, they can focus work
girls- too much to expect they wil raise a girl

you need to learn how to survive in the wild, just run out naked and try to eat wild food and survive that way

farming is important, learn carrots and berries, pies arent hard either
carrot pies for example, even kids can eat it

pottery, compost

i don't think anyone minds new players if they work hard
you can gather branches, get clay, farm berries
survive, that's the most important
don't argue, don't kill others, stay calm
find people who are doing one thing in a smaller location, they might help you out

im generally responding to questions then i run to work, i expect that people can eat on their own

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#6 2019-08-06 07:29:49

sigmen4020

Tempted wrote:
MrDorito (AKA: Dorito) wrote:

For example, me.

One of the first times I played, my mom asked me if I was new. I said yes, and she walked me over away from her camp and told me to stay. She never came back. I starved. Maybe she didn't want to mess with it? Or just griefing, I don't know.

Yea, sometimes people are unnecessarily hostile to new players. I teach when I have the time and am not in the middle of a big project.

Sometimes though I don’t actively seek out the new players to teach, because in my experience there are not that many willing to learn. I’ve experienced plenty of times in the past where I noticed a player being new (once you are knowledgeable enough it’s pretty easy to tell if someone is new based on their actions), and they just ignored me when I offered to teach them. And then there are the newbies who forget to feed themselves and starve mid lesson. So I understand how dealing with new players can be frustrating, but alienating them does no one any good.

The ones willing to learn however are another story. I’ve had some great lives where newbies were genuinely grateful for me teaching them. I especially like the newbies that seek out teaching as they are usually the ones who listen. I had a great life yesterday for example where one such newbie came and asked me how to make soil, and I taught her even though I used quite a bit of my life on it (It usually doesn’t take that long to teach, but there were no carrots when we started, so that held us back a bit). Thank you Anna Feuer for making my life without biological adult children great anyway, I was Isabelle Feuer.

Last edited by sigmen4020 (2019-08-06 13:06:33)

For the time being, I think we have enough content.

#7 2019-08-06 11:55:39

pein

best i remembered was a boy, we had a bad camp, long ago, i moved just a tiny bit to side of desert so i had better heat, then i told instructions on what is next. branches, clay, iron, move farm, etc.
he told me on forums that he enjoyed seeing the city grow
we were many, like 20-25 people at times, and we still advanced a bit
he wasn't fully new, he knew how to go around, and got what needed, and quit after i died as the place went down to hell

one life, i had a map with an old city but the biomes shifted a bit, what was swamp became green, desert became swamp
was ater temp update
i did the necessary steps then i felt bored, i was organizing, did qutie some pottery, bowls, plates, then i decided i make 5 crocks
i grabebd a lil girl and told her we gona make stew, told her what and how, showed it once, then told her to do it, and i didn't touch anything
she had some trouble with it, but eventually made it, i did one alone, then showed 2? anyway she was 15ish by the time we filled all 6 crocks
she had a kid and unfortunatel yshe couldn't make any more stew but she told the steps to his newborn son, don't know if he was new or not
when i was too old i gave her my torque blanche and told her that she is a master chef now
this was the good kind of rp from my part, and was quite useful for the town, she was grateful and happy

it was a lil baby girl left alone, we had huge pop and i thought she is afk so i didn't bother at first
but she was like "un" 'cl"
so i fed her a berry, took to a female to raise her
she always yelled "uncle" when seen me and i always told soemthing, asked for help, watering fields, get some branches
i made a new well, a new pen, she was old enough to have babies she said to her first son "we are ranchers now" seeing the sheep
was so cute, prolly was a girl irl too, dunno, was very vocal fella

once i catched a girl with a basket in the big desert near town. asked what she doing, she said she want to get some soil. told her go home, we meet there, we make soil we don't gather it.
showed her composting, she didn't understood it fully. i got her some clothes, told her about other foods, pies, stew. she had hard time to lear even hwo to eat the stew, but she was very grateful when i passed away.

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#8 2019-08-25 04:01:49

Catmattington the 3rd

Thank you for everybody trying to help me but I didn't make my problem very specific which is I dont know how to login. What I mean is that I dont know where to login for the the game itself and starting playing. Everything all of you told me is very useful but the underling issue for me is that I can't play because of this but I am still grateful for the advice I have received.

Last edited by Catmattington the 3rd (2019-08-25 04:02:50)

#9 2019-08-25 04:23:30

Tempted

Catmattington the 3rd wrote:

Thank you for everybody trying to help me but I didn't make my problem very specific which is I dont know how to login. What I mean is that I dont know where to login for the the game itself and starting playing. Everything all of you told me is very useful but the underling issue for me is that I can't play because of this but I am still grateful for the advice I have received.

Download the game onto your desktop on computer. You should have a OHOL icon.
Click on this icon and run program, accept permissions etc
Once you do this, you should end up with a folder Onelife-v217.
Open folder and scroll down until you see a custom icon titled Onelife.
Double-click.
This should open the game
Use login info sent to email. Game should be ready.
Play tutorial.

#10 2019-08-31 19:13:22

Catmattington the 3rd

Where do I download the game

#11 2019-08-31 20:18:13

Guppy

Most important thing for you as a new player:

If you find someone that teaches you how to do stuff

BRING FOOD

So many times i was teaching players and they starved halfway through the process

#12 2019-08-31 20:43:20

DestinyCall

Perhaps that should be advice provided to would-be teachers as well.   A bowl of berries provided to your student at the start of the lesson significantly increases the chances that your student will live long enough to learn something useful.

#13 2019-08-31 21:31:27

Keyin

Catmattington the 3rd wrote:

Where do I download the game

Here is download link for windows: download2.onehouronelife.com/downloads/OneLife_v65_Windows.exe

Lol, everyone just ignored that if you buy the game through the site instead of steam, the download link can be hard to find...

OP is not asking 'what strategy do I use to play the game?' they are asking 'where is the download link so I can start playing the game?'

#14 2019-09-01 01:14:30

pein

http://onehouronelife.com/ticketServer/ … A7WQ-4MYEN
as tarr made it public, i post his download link

search history for ticketServer and you find yours

if for any reason you cant, then message jason

save your key in a txt or write it out on a paper

Board footer