One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-08 21:20:04

MultiLife

Ruins of the Cit (Tic) town (hey Ziv, check this out!)

Remember this city? Lots of families lived in it, lots of lives have been had in it. The wall city, with the graveyard and the busy center-smithy.

OvobG9X.png
OCcWBrd.png
6Yaryj1.png
W7bo05y.png

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4933238
Hi, Ziv! Elisa Mango here. Funny I found these ruins, it was your city too, once.

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#2 2019-07-08 21:25:36

MultiLife

Re: Ruins of the Cit (Tic) town (hey Ziv, check this out!)

The young days of the city;
LPUItsC.jpg
Az1PkbK.jpg
Here the diesel pump ran for the first time.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-08 21:31:41)

Notable lives (Male): Happy, Erwin Callister, Knight Peace, Roman Rodocker, Bon Doolittle, Terry Plant, Danger Winter, Crayton Ide, Tim Quint, Jebediah (Tarr), Awesome (Elliff), Rocky, Tim West
Notable lives (Female): Elisa Mango, Aaban Qin, Whitaker August, Lucrecia August, Poppy Worth, Kitana Spoon, Linda II, Eagan Hawk III, Darcy North, Rosealie (Quint), Jess Lucky, Lilith (Unkle)

#3 2019-07-08 21:30:54

MultiLife

Some pictures of the lively days;
KYehMLr.png
JNfjDMD.jpg
IaOOlpP.jpg
(Not my note, but sharing the picture, may he see the note this way. smile)

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-08 21:34:32)

#4 2019-07-08 21:55:24

AdelaSkarupa

Has the town really deteriorated that much? That's insane.

#5 2019-07-08 22:01:18

MultiLife

AdelaSkarupa wrote:

It wasn’t seen in 8h so nature reclaimed it. Only walls and roads are left, as those survive the map culling.

#6 2019-07-08 22:07:57

Finbar659

I also seen that city today by following the foot path (I was Simba Mango). My grandmother in the mango family was a runaway female and built another village - not sure if you are her descendent or from the original village!

http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4932803

(Pardon my last words - I meant sick as in cool!)

Last edited by Finbar659 (2019-07-08 22:11:16)

#7 2019-07-08 22:17:46

MultiLife

Finbar659 wrote:

I also seen that city today by following the foot path (I was Simba Mango). My grandmother in the mango family was a runaway female and built another village - not sure if you are her descendent or from the original village!

Hahah, ”sick f***s”. big_smile
I was from the runaway lady’s line, not sure if there were many of these cases. I noticed the mod saying I have loads of girls and women in my family, but in my camp, there was just me left as the last girl. Many daughters stayed with me though, and as I searched for iron, I found the ruins.
I wonder where the original Mango city is. These ruins were southeast from the runaway camp.

Last edited by MultiLife (2019-07-08 22:19:49)

#8 2019-07-08 22:25:05

Finbar659

MultiLife wrote:
Finbar659 wrote:

I was from the runaway lady’s line, not sure if there were many of these cases. I noticed the mod saying I have loads of girls and women in my family, but in my camp, there was just me left as the last girl. Many daughters stayed with me though, and as I searched for iron, I found the ruins.
I wonder where the original Mango city is. These ruins were southeast from the runaway camp.

Yes! you were born in the same place as I was - I was the man who built the wooden tiles around the berry farm (was learning how to make wooden tiles) and make the tools for it! No clue where the original mango family was as the grandmother died before i was born and the mother forgot to ask. I have never seen so many females in a family like mangos from that mod!

Last edited by Finbar659 (2019-07-08 22:25:56)

#9 2019-07-08 22:26:39

Ziv

Guys the town wasnt so detemined i built the wall myself lol in three lives

#10 2019-07-08 23:52:34

wondible

I saw the name Marek Ziv - here is where he was born, the area seems to match up with the screenshots.

https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=-4217&y=-4358&z=24

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#11 2019-07-08 23:58:54

Finbar659

wondible wrote:

I saw the name Marek Ziv - here is where he was born, the area seems to match up with the screenshots.

How did you find this map or even generate the birth of that certain village?

#12 2019-07-09 00:36:10

AdelaSkarupa

MultiLife wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:

It wasn’t seen in 8h so nature reclaimed it. Only walls and roads are left, as those survive the map culling.

8 years is a bit fast for nature to reclaim your city. That should probably be extended.

#13 2019-07-09 00:43:32

Tarr
Banned

AdelaSkarupa wrote:
MultiLife wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:

8 years is a bit fast for nature to reclaim your city. That should probably be extended.

It definitely should be brought back up to a week. Jason changed it to eight hours due to the shitty spawn mechanic where people kept landing in the same exact spot repeatedly which made parts of the map incredibly uninhabitable.

Now that he's removed that crap the reclaim time should be rolled back to allow places to exist for and the game to have some actual history again instead of random ass walls.

fug it’s Tarr.

#14 2019-07-09 04:41:36

Morti

AdelaSkarupa wrote:

It wasn't 8 years, it was 8 hours of real time, 480 years in game time.
There are plenty of ghost towns reclaimed by nature where people lived, and thrived, just 100 years ago, throughout the southwest and and plain states of America. Thousands of them across Russia too, east of Moscow, stretching across Siberia, where people were thriving in the 80, 70, in some cases 60 years ago. The roofs on their homes have collapsed and trees are now growing out of the floorboards where families once gathered for dinner.

I'm okay with this sort of thing being in the game, I love finding old ruins.

I mean, look, all the big hard rocks are back, the flat stones are back, if anything you should be complaining about how that's just unrealistic. Having plants grow and the idea of all the clothing, wood and plant based material decaying, that's at least a little more realistic.

Save your complaints for the age of plastic, when all the garbage doesn't decay.

#15 2019-07-09 05:11:22

AdelaSkarupa

Morti wrote:
AdelaSkarupa wrote:

It wasn't 8 years, it was 8 hours of real time, 480 years in game time.
There are plenty of ghost towns reclaimed by nature where people lived, and thrived, just 100 years ago, throughout the southwest and and plain states of America. Thousands of them across Russia too, east of Moscow, stretching across Siberia, where people were thriving in the 80, 70, in some cases 60 years ago. The roofs on their homes have collapsed and trees are now growing out of the floorboards where families once gathered for dinner.

I'm okay with this sort of thing being in the game, I love finding old ruins.

I mean, look, all the big hard rocks are back, the flat stones are back, if anything you should be complaining about how that's just unrealistic. Having plants grow and the idea of all the clothing, wood and plant based material decaying, that's at least a little more realistic.

Save your complaints for the age of plastic, when all the garbage doesn't decay.

I don't know why I thought eight years. That's eight minutes. Something wrong with my brain. I guess 480 years sounds about right. A week is too long. That's over 10,000 years.

#16 2019-07-09 05:19:05

AmberA

I remember that town. I spent part of one life ripping out all the damn bean pods by the gates. Everyone would accidentally pick a bean and then drop it causing the town to be overrun with unused beans everywhere. So I picked them all and laid them out front to get rid of them.

And in another life there, I saw a woman was queen and I asked her how I could serve her. She said, "get me a horse!" So I made a lasso, caught a wild horse and tamed it for her. As a reward she named me king.

#17 2019-07-09 07:22:09

Amon

From the start of world war 2 to the end of it, houses had trees already growing in collapsed livingrooms. Decent looking trees, mind you.

I think the 8 hour reclaim is good, the old walls are now part of the landscape, and what i see is; "hey, this ruin should be reclaimed" and all the nearby resources...well, what about doing some stone flooring or extra buildings?

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#18 2019-07-09 09:14:29

MultiLife

Amon wrote:

From the start of world war 2 to the end of it, houses had trees already growing in collapsed livingrooms. Decent looking trees, mind you.

I think the 8 hour reclaim is good, the old walls are now part of the landscape, and what i see is; "hey, this ruin should be reclaimed" and all the nearby resources...well, what about doing some stone flooring or extra buildings?

8 hours feels fast in OHOL. Unless you use coordinates to save certain places from wipes. I'd give a bit more time for players to find their spots if they'd like to. Maybe 24 hours. I don't really care for realism when it comes to map wipes and ruins. big_smile
I'd have loved to rebuild the place, I know how I would've redesigned the place (certainly no "town-center smithy" big_smile).
Sadly I only managed to show the place to my grandson. I'd have brought the whole family in there but I got too old, and food was too scarce.

AmberA wrote:

I remember that town. I spent part of one life ripping out all the damn bean pods by the gates. Everyone would accidentally pick a bean and then drop it causing the town to be overrun with unused beans everywhere. So I picked them all and laid them out front to get rid of them.

And in another life there, I saw a woman was queen and I asked her how I could serve her. She said, "get me a horse!" So I made a lasso, caught a wild horse and tamed it for her. As a reward she named me king.

Yeah, beans, they just stick onto you. big_smile And nice, this place was low on horses a lot. Probably because of the tiny sheep pen and lack of rope most of the time. I brought in the first two horses, then in another life I tamed a few that were left in the tiny jungle patch.

wondible wrote:

Thanks wondible! Can you confirm the birth coordinates of Elisa Mango?
Elisa Mango: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4933238
I think the route should look like this, roughly:
yp5Wpk8.png

Ziv wrote:

Guys the town wasnt so detemined i built the wall myself lol in three lives

Hah, well, at least those were the things that lasted in the end. big_smile

#19 2019-07-09 09:21:45

MultiLife

Finbar659 wrote:
MultiLife wrote:
Finbar659 wrote:

Yes! you were born in the same place as I was - I was the man who built the wooden tiles around the berry farm (was learning how to make wooden tiles) and make the tools for it! No clue where the original mango family was as the grandmother died before i was born and the mother forgot to ask. I have never seen so many females in a family like mangos from that mod!

I tracked you down in the lineage, seems that I was a descendant of your aunt, Nooh. When I was born, I didn't see any wooden floors, so I think we had at least double runaway lady situation in the family. I was born in a tiny camp with no bow saw (yet). Someone must've left the small town you guys had built, as we were basically in an Eve camp situation. Or then someone got lost and made a camp there when they started getting kids. Hmm! I wonder how close the other Mango families are. Our camp wasn't great, so it'd had been nice to find a better place.

#20 2019-07-09 11:40:12

wondible

Finbar659 wrote:

How did you find this map or even generate the birth of that certain village?

I made the map using hacked up game code, with data from the lifelogs that includes birth and death coordinates. They are only published once a day, so it's usually only good for dead civs. Turn on the Search layer to look for yourself (I'm working on making this interface less obscure)

MultiLife wrote:

Thanks wondible! Can you confirm the birth coordinates of Elisa Mango?

Looks published now, and you were right.

https://onemap.wondible.com/#x=-4325&y=-4002&z=24

https://onemap.wondible.com/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-family-trees/ -- https://wondible.com/ohol-name-picker/
Custom client with  autorun, name completion, emotion keys, interaction keys, location slips, object search, camera pan, and more

#21 2019-07-09 12:51:13

ollj

yes, an 8 hour loong night break duins pretty mucheverything except stone walls and roads.
the area has 4 huge cities and 4 smaller settlements in it.
and if you fail to visit it for 8 hoiurs, its all pretty much gone for good.

its a shame, the area hasan almost finished bell tower in it, first one since apocalypse.

#22 2019-07-09 14:55:27

Morti

MultiLife wrote:

then in another life I tamed a few that were left in the tiny jungle patch.

z8eO1kS.png

I wrangled all those. Brought them in for that exact reason, just so people could easily get horse carts and gather more resources.

I love gathering horses, I get a kick out of how much their trot reminds me of Boston Dynamic's BigDog.

giphy.gif

I filled that jungle (I think there were about 12 tiles left without berry bushes on them) over the course of two lives, the second time I was a mother dressed in the blue cape, with a red skirt, a rabbit fur coat and turkey on my head. I looked like a mutant wonder woman, runnin around with that lasso like it was a whip. Had several kids while I was out wrangling too, I think I managed to get them all home alive.

It's really nice when kids give me the chance to get them home alive. It's one of the things I enjoy most about the game; being out getting rabbits, iron, horses or wild milkweed, and all of a sudden, a new challenge appears - get the kid home with, or without, the goods. It's a lot of fun, and most of you that stick with me always have good things to say after an adventure like that.

I really appreciate you staying with me in those situations.

#23 2019-07-09 18:05:51

MultiLife

Morti wrote:
MultiLife wrote:

then in another life I tamed a few that were left in the tiny jungle patch.

(img)

I wrangled all those. Brought them in for that exact reason, just so people could easily get horse carts and gather more resources.

I love gathering horses, I get a kick out of how much their trot reminds me of Boston Dynamic's BigDog.

(gif)

I filled that jungle (I think there were about 12 tiles left without berry bushes on them) over the course of two lives, the second time I was a mother dressed in the blue cape, with a red skirt, a rabbit fur coat and turkey on my head. I looked like a mutant wonder woman, runnin around with that lasso like it was a whip. Had several kids while I was out wrangling too, I think I managed to get them all home alive.

It's really nice when kids give me the chance to get them home alive. It's one of the things I enjoy most about the game; being out getting rabbits, iron, horses or wild milkweed, and all of a sudden, a new challenge appears - get the kid home with, or without, the goods. It's a lot of fun, and most of you that stick with me always have good things to say after an adventure like that.

I really appreciate you staying with me in those situations.

Nice! Here is a picture after some of them got tamed. We were watching the hypno horses run around.
ZOa4WPU.jpg

#24 2019-07-09 20:48:52

Ilka

I was the last man living in this city.
We had a fertility problem, at one point the only fertile woman was my sister.
A person quite difficult (already as a child killed the boy because he destroyed her chain yum).
So my sister was working diligently for yum but all children except one boy chose death.
The sister wanted to reach hunger faster, so she threw this kid up and raised it over and over again.
In the end I took her my nephew because I could not look at it.
My sister was getting more and more angry and I was sure that when he reached the age of 40 he would start killing.
And it was like that. First, she killed the old uncle - one of the last four people in the city.
I wanted to find some people with my nephew. However, my sister also killed her son.
After all, I killed her.
I took a horse and started to look for other cities but I did not find anything outside the dead village.
So I returned to the empty city.
I buried my nephew and cleaned everything.
Unfortunately, the city died with me.

This is our family tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4925990
Sonakshi and Daud and nameless nephew.

By the way, 8 hours is very little.
It is a pity that so many good things have been lost.

#25 2019-07-09 21:09:06

MultiLife

Ilka wrote:

I was the last man living in this city.
We had a fertility problem, at one point the only fertile woman was my sister.
A person quite difficult (already as a child killed the boy because he destroyed her chain yum).
So my sister was working diligently for yum but all children except one boy chose death.
The sister wanted to reach hunger faster, so she threw this kid up and raised it over and over again.
In the end I took her my nephew because I could not look at it.
My sister was getting more and more angry and I was sure that when he reached the age of 40 he would start killing.
And it was like that. First, she killed the old uncle - one of the last four people in the city.
I wanted to find some people with my nephew. However, my sister also killed her son.
After all, I killed her.
I took a horse and started to look for other cities but I did not find anything outside the dead village.
So I returned to the empty city.
I buried my nephew and cleaned everything.
Unfortunately, the city died with me.

This is our family tree:
http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4925990
Sonakshi and Daud and nameless nephew.

By the way, 8 hours is very little.
It is a pity that so many good things have been lost.

Ah, I was Gen 18 in that lineage (Holy). That's the generation when we got diesel engine running.

What a bitter end, but the family did get far, over fifty generations. The last woman's last words were "forty minutes of irl life", ouch. It's no fun. I can feel the sting... But it doesn't give her any rights to start killing, even if everything is doomed. And little did she know, another family would arrive to repopulate soon after... Ziv family lived there for 41 generations.
Never thought about baby juggling to get yum up faster.

Anyways, in my opinion, SID girls should end the lineage. It just says that there are no more people willing to keep it going. Although, it'd be ideal if willing people had a chance to save the place, there must be some online at some point. In the end, I'd suggest that last women and men had a chance to get back to the city, to make up for the bitter end. So if they really, reeeally want to try again with the place, they could. And if they kept trying, someone would always find their way to them, and help them out.

Board footer