a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-06 23:00:17

pein

Problem: 0 skill in duels

I born in a camp which was a quite bad outpost
a kid was near me, few years older

he decided to make a pen

i had to search for more branches for tools, as we didn't really ahd nay in the green biome they choose
i made bellows as a kid then a few years of exploring found some branches, ropes and went exploring for iron
got some 250 tiles away
someone else also found 3 others, and with the axe we had 7

other guy makes a hoe and a second axe

when i tell him that is a wrong choice he just puts the hoe head on the shafts i got to prevent me from recycle
cause is the "most important"
the well is dry, that's a sure thing you need adze, froe and saw
and then a pick to make a mine
this one error already cost a run for loose iron again, i wasn't even mad or angry, i tried explain it
he ran out of camp the wrong way possibly to get iron ignoring the fact that im older and already know the map
made adze file saw recycled chisel into froe
all we had is axe shovel and a cart with bucket

bro eventually makes a pen and listens when i tell that i get sheep, i knew like 200x200 map around us
we go to get sheep told him to bring cart so we put some iron and stuff in it

he dies to mosquito cause wont stop running diagonal, told him to go south and follow me
i lost him cause no point going sw when i know exact coordinates
at 39 i had a daughter who seemed like she want to stay but then runs away
i cursed her cause probably kills the lineage, only one newbee sister home who didn't even cared for last son, but if i don't get sheep the camp wont last there

i took bros cart and filled with the 4 iron i found, his pack
took home the lamb first so i can make a bucket cause i used the other for upgrade, and cant spend more time on ropes so sheep is first
that would resolve soil and water for a while

when i got home my cousin/sister, the only young girl is stabbed

and the guy stabs me while im moving

before update this went down with a bit of chasing and a butthurt noob could never kill me cause i can react on pathetic attempts
now the shift click kills you anyway
there is no drama, there is no moral in the story
one idiot ruined a camp cause he wanted
there is no skill gap, there is no point
a life like this is pure garbage
no what if other than hiding a file and killing him when he didn't like when i say that his choices are selfish and illogical
if i kill him i get cursed and really doesn't give the impression that he gonna kill us

the new magic aim is pure garbage
doesn't fix anything
gives idiots the ability they lack to kill anyone anytime
had a few lifes and the only feelign it gives that the game became shit

"if they decide to kill you then someone has to heal you"
guess again, low tech you don't have pads
you need shears, saw at least and a smart enough person to be there and heal you
and just doesn't make sense that someone with a weapon is faster than you cause he wants to kill you for any reason, i had 2 tile advantage going diagonal out of pen, expecting the worst
if that what jason sees i na video where tarr kills a bunch of noobs then im kinda shocked
the problem is not that someone can dodge attacks when not on slowdown
maybe that 2 people got no advantage against one, that i get, or that you shouldnt run past a weapon
the problem is that with a sword a cooldown is 10 sec and if you heal someone the person can stab again so esentially no time to fix a wound and kill him in time
and this kills for no reason and explanation got zero gameplay value
this is not a combat, and i don't get surprised if everyone leaves the game if this happens every other game

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#2 2019-06-06 23:26:46

FeignedSanity

Re: Problem: 0 skill in duels

I'm fairly certain that Jason has stated on multiply occasions that he doesn't want combat to be skill based. Something along the lines of not being something that you're supposed to have to get good at; and more like a tool that anyone can use simply if they need it.

I figure, in a perfect world, you wouldn't even need to have it in the game. But we don't, so you do.

Believe you're right, but don't believe you can't be wrong.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Days peppers/onions/tomatoes left unfixed: 120
Do your part and remind Jason to fix these damn vegetables.

#3 2019-06-07 00:09:55

futurebird

git gud

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-06-07 00:48:24

pein

kill everyone with a weapon and hide the file
total safety

basically we got so many idiots with swords and knifes you could do an engine from it

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#5 2019-06-07 02:14:28

testo

I feel your pain Pein. Sorry you had to deal with that idiot. I agree the no skill "combat" system is garbage. Dancing with a knife at least meant you had to put some effort into griefing.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-06-07 10:47:02

Bob 101

I'm gonna have to disagree. It is easier to be killed but also easier to kill.

#7 2019-06-07 11:18:11

pein

how will we have leaders if no one to follow?
everybody want to lead but doesn't know what is 20 tiles away
all it needs some idiot to "pass on" knives and some bad intention

Last edited by pein (2019-06-07 11:18:43)

#8 2019-06-08 07:13:51

Sukallinen

Yes, when I hang around forge (rarely) I make sure I'm the one making shears. Never saw a need for a person under age of 30 for a blade. But then they'll make bow.

Anyhow on the topic, I've got a fibre from my computer in Finland to Stockholm, from there to netherlands and from there to washington. Ping when nobody's on is about 140, so I see no real solution I could play like cs-go with my ping 8-11, ever, in ohol.

Some new kind of dancing mechanism ? Suggest it - oh sorry, one cannot suggest, must state a problem, forgot that.

Also your post is too long, only needs: "since newbs use autoaim in grief and are unstoppable" maybe adding (if you hav' 15 y: "we need new dancing method ").

#9 2019-06-08 07:28:02

Guppy

Sukallinen wrote:

Yes, when I hang around forge (rarely) I make sure I'm the one making shears. Never saw a need for a person under age of 30 for a blade. But then they'll make bow.

Anyhow on the topic, I've got a fibre from my computer in Finland to Stockholm, from there to netherlands and from there to washington. Ping when nobody's on is about 140, so I see no real solution I could play like cs-go with my ping 8-11, ever, in ohol.

Some new kind of dancing mechanism ? Suggest it - oh sorry, one cannot suggest, must state a problem, forgot that.

Also your post is too long, only needs: "since newbs use autoaim in grief and are unstoppable" maybe adding (if you hav' 15 y: "we need new dancing method ").

Im sure Jason will listen to people with an attitude like that

Board footer