One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-24 01:35:29

Joseph Stalin

how dare you (Jason says: "this is the other Eve thread")

how dare you slash die when we have no more girls
how dare you die because you "want to eve"
you "think its more fun"
well youre ruining the game
just had beautiful town, many different eves were there
I had two girls stay with me of my family
no one stayed with them
why do you do this you jerks
ruining 90% of the game so you can have fun with first 10%
shame on you

#2 2019-05-24 02:22:57

DestinyCall

Re: how dare you (Jason says: "this is the other Eve thread")

I feel like there need to be a change to the game. - being banned from all active lineages should not result in the player being born as a normal Eve.     This results in too many Eves and the player population too spread out.    It also works badly with the current Eve spawning mechanic that places new Eves close to existing villages.   This basically makes immortal Eves who can respawn endlessly.   It would be better if the path to becoming an Eve was completely separate from area or lineage ban and some other outlet was found for players who have managed to get banned from all available villages.   Being an Eve should be a special reward for players who have played the game for a while and deserve a chance to start something new, not a way to grief existing villages without consequences.    It should be precious and rare enough that Eves won't risk losing their chance by causing trouble in a strange town.

I like the idea of "Eve tokens" that are earned by living a full sixty minute life.   People who love to eve could still chain-eve by making sure to live to old age. Or they could alternate Eve lives with long non-Eve lives.     But you couldn't just force the game to make you an Eve by using /die.   

Meanwhile, for players who have nowhere to be born ... there are a couple of options.    I think the simplest solution is to let them spawn as an "Adam", far away from civilization.    Kind of like a mini-version of Donkey Town, except you can get out as soon as an eligible mother becomes available.    People would be much less inclined to spam /die repeatedly if the reward is becoming some random lonely dude far away from the action instead of an immortal fertility goddess.      They could still find their way back to civilization, if they got lucky and walked far enough, but it would be harder to abuse the respawn system if it takes most of your life to find a town to grief. 

People might still use /die to shop around for a better village or a different character model.   But there would be no incentive to instantly die over and over to become an Eve.

#3 2019-05-24 02:40:43

futurebird

DestinyCall wrote:

It would be better if the path to becoming an Eve was completely separate from area or lineage ban and some other outlet was found for players who have managed to get banned from all available villages.   Being an Eve should be a special reward for players who have played the game for a while and deserve a chance to start something new, not a way to grief existing villages without consequences.    It should be precious and rare enough that Eves won't risk losing their chance by causing trouble in a strange town.

Yes yes yes. You should feel lucky to be Eve and KNOW you won't get the chance again soon! This is your chance and maybe your only chance for days to name a new lineage and start a whole new people with their own languages and traditions. It should be a big deal! Not something that you get by using /die ... an arguably anti- social action that just annoys other people.

I've noticed that when I'm in a nice town the number of /die babies is lower than if I'm in an eve camp some players just want more established places and that's totally fine. But some of it is people who would rather use /die than be gen-2 just so they can name the lineage. And there is nothing to stop that... and now you have the full time eve suicide bombers too. Ugh!

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#4 2019-05-24 03:20:39

RodneyC86

I like the Eve token idea.
It will also give option for players who don't like to Eve to not need be born an eve. I hate eving, it's boring - same routine tasks, very little items to play with.

Maybe even make tokens tradeable between players so people will actually actively help others survive

Last edited by RodneyC86 (2019-05-24 03:23:16)

#5 2019-05-24 03:25:32

testo

I think it is pretty obvious griefers are actively abusing the Eve mechanic. Keeping curse inside family was a huge mistake, as you are basically free to do as you please against others. On a side note just keep an eve token on BS2 every 24 hrs, if you get lineage banned and use your token you are forced to play on a different server.

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#6 2019-05-24 03:39:12

jasonrohrer
Administrator

So the suggestion here is:

1.  Each player gets one Eve token every 24 hours.

2.  If there's ever a situation where there's no mother for you (all mothers on birth cooldown, all mothers too old, or you're banned from all lineages), you spend your Eve token to become an Eve.

3.  If there's a situation where there's no mother for you, and you have no Eve token, your request to join the server is denied.

(Or maybe there's some way to earn Eve tokens more than once per 24 hours).

So what happens if there are no suitable mothers left, and every active player has no Eve tokens?  The whole world would die out.

#7 2019-05-24 03:49:44

testo

jasonrohrer wrote:

2.  If there's ever a situation where there's no mother for you (all mothers on birth cooldown, all mothers too old, or you're banned from all lineages), you spend your Eve token to become an Eve.

3.  If there's a situation where there's no mother for you, and you have no Eve token, your request to join the server is denied.

So what happens if there are no suitable mothers left, and every active player has no Eve tokens?  The whole world would die out.

Pretty sure that would make every life precious and each /die painful wouldn´t it? But also world wouldn´t die, just BS2 would be on halt from gettting players that used theyr /die and Eve token.

Joke aside maybe I´m just looking at it from my narrow perspective becuase I actually try not to use /die and I didn´t Eve in the past 2 months.

Call me an elitist but I like the idea more now, because it rewards players for playing theyr best with what they get and punishes players that want to choose the life that fits them.

Last edited by testo (2019-05-24 03:50:40)

- I believe the term "Berrymuncher" is derogatory and therefore I shall use the term "Berrier" instead.

- Jack Ass

#8 2019-05-24 04:12:27

DestinyCall

jasonrohrer wrote:

You need to give banned players somewhere to go and a way to get more Eves when you need them (like right after an update), without letting just anybody become an Eve as many times as they want by exploiting the game's unique rebirth mechanics.   At the same time, it should be POSSIBLE to play as an Eve, if you want to be one.

My thought is that the Eve token is not spent automatically.  You must elect to use it.    For example, on the rebirth screen, it might give an option to be reborn as an Eve if your cause of death is old age.  You must live a full life and then you will be rewarded with the opportunity to play as an Eve.   Not just once every 24 hours, but as many times as wish each day, so long as you die at 60 years old.  Which effectively caps the number of times you could choose to play as Eve on a high population server at 23 times per day (if you never sleep or take a long bathroom break and always choose to play Eve).

As for the situation where you are trying to get born as a baby, but there are no suitable mothers ... I don't think this should cost an Eve token.  Ideally, the game should be able to distinguish between a situation where all potential mothers are on cool-down or too old/young/dead to give birth (server-wide shortage) and a situation where the individual player has been banned from all viable lineages (personal problem).    In the case of a server-wide shortage, the player could be spawned as an Eve naturally, like they do currently.   But in the case of a player who has self-selected out of all available spawn options, they should not be spawned as an Eve on bigserver2.   Instead, they need to end up somewhere else, like maybe they spawn far far away as a male (not an Eve) or get bounced to a low pop server (as a baby or Eve) or even get straight-up denied access until the lineage ban lifts or more families become available.    You can't cheat the system to become Eve - either you become an Eve because the server NEEDS more Eves or you play a long life and EARN your life as an Eve.   Either way it is rare and valuable.  Not the inevitable result of failing to fit into any existing villages.   

It would be a significant change to Eve spawns, but I think it would have a beneficial effect on infant mortality rates and also make Eve runs more special and rewarding.

Last edited by DestinyCall (2019-05-24 04:23:27)

#9 2019-05-24 04:41:38

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Another option:

Instead of /DIE resulting in a lineage ban, it results in some other state... a SKIP family state, where you add this family to your SKIP list (list of families you skipped).  If you run out of families, you don't become Eve.  Your SKIP list is cleared, and you start over again, going through the families.

The only way there's a new Eve is if there is actually no viable mother for you anywhere on the server (due to real lineage bans, from having lived 30+ years in each family, or due to birth cooldowns, or due to all women being too old).

#10 2019-05-24 04:45:06

Tarr
Banned

Just make it like a curse token and you earn one every X hours played or by reaching old age as Eve. This way people can't repeatedly use Eve spawns to grief lest they avoid getting killed and reach sixty each time. This also rewards players who can reach old age and will disincentivize people from doing weird suicide gimmicks as Eve for maximum potential.  There will almost always be one person with an Eve token as long as it's possible to keep an Eve token from reaching old age.

The problems players are having come from a few different things:

Constant respawning troll eves: Since you can't punish them, and you can't stop them from coming without a great deal of effort you'll always see someone griefing as a nameless Eve. Any value Eves life had before the update has been lost since once was once a reroll to good spot is now every death has zero cost what so ever. Eves should either be limited by tokens or murdering someone really should put them far away (though this leads to Eves asking to be murdered to actually be able to play Eve.)

We've done a flip: Where we once had a majority of Feral Eves with a minority group of players living City Eve life (Back when Eve chaining was a thing) now most Eves are city with few ferals. This is because with Eves constantly spawning in barren locations her options are either to assimilate into the town nearby or run far enough away to get a fresh area to build in. With resources so scarce it's better to just move into a city with everyone else rather than try to start somewhere new. I'm not sure I've been playing enough to notice two towns nearby but I can remember cities both being close and eventually getting connected before the change.

Either Eves need to be limited for the sake of reducing respawning griefers, moved further away from towns at the start so they have the option to actually play Eve instead of just joining a city, or some sort of deterrent needs to be added to repeatedly griefing the same people (curses.)

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-05-24 05:14:38

Jk Howling

The only way there's a new Eve is if there is actually no viable mother for you anywhere on the server (due to real lineage bans, from having lived 30+ years in each family, or due to birth cooldowns, or due to all women being too old).

I dislike this concept. There are plenty of players of the game who actively enjoy actually being an eve, ones that aren't abusing the system to attack towns. Don't punish the entire playerbase for the actions of a few. I do agree, however, that it could use a bit of limiting to prevent this new griefing method.. and perhaps pull in some new features.

-Applying some sort of area ban that only applies to eves. You'd have your birth area ban, and your eve area ban. If you, as an eve, are killed or kill someone, you get area banned from spawning in that area again. Maybe you can do something with the "eve spawns near people" code to prevent them from spawning near that family again?

-Eve tokens. Limit the amount of times we can play as eve, and make it doable without the /die spam. Maybe have an opt-in button when you first load the game, with the number of tokens available atm. Could do this based on playtime, or like previously suggested, as a reward for living a life to old age. I like the latter personally.

-Give us the option to be a truly wild eve again. There was something exciting about spawning in the middle of untouched wilderness, relying solely on myself and my children.. That doesn't occur much anymore, because eves always spawn near population. Maybe this could tie into eve tokens, giving us a "wild eve" spawn option alongside the usual eve spawns, which shoots the player into untouched wilderness a calculated distance away from the nearest civ [similar to donkeytown's spawning code but not quite as extreme]. This could give rise to multiple sort of clusters of towns [read: counties/states] scattered about the map, as when an eve camp is successful it'd pull more eve spawns towards it for those who don't opt into the wild-eve spawning.

Edit: phrase fix

An additional idea:

-Family integration. Yes, we can learn each other's languages.. after a few generations, a kid can communicate almost flawlessly with the original family of the town. But no matter how well you know the language or how accepted your family is, one jackass with a sword can ruin it all. Give us something more that allows two lineages to become one [and thus, can't have the sword used between them.] A popular idea for this is marriage. Maybe it could be something as simple as acceptance though. Just something to let two peaceful, coexisting families to truly become one and prevent asshole players from popping in and ruing everything.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2019-05-24 05:20:51)

-Has ascended to better games-

#12 2019-05-24 05:25:11

DestinyCall

jasonrohrer wrote:

Another option:

Instead of /DIE resulting in a lineage ban, it results in some other state... a SKIP family state, where you add this family to your SKIP list (list of families you skipped).  If you run out of families, you don't become Eve.  Your SKIP list is cleared, and you start over again, going through the families.

I like the SKIP list idea.   

It would allow players to use /die to opt out of villages they do not like without punishing them too harshly for using it too many times and give the game an easy way to distinguish between players who have no valid spawn options and players who are using /die to shop around a little before settling down.    You don't want to punish /die babies  too much or they will just become runner babies.

#13 2019-05-24 10:28:50

breezeknight

jasonrohrer wrote:

then add finally options for infertile & males to get kids
let's craft something

is long overdue

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-05-24 10:31:05)

#14 2019-05-24 15:30:49

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Even though players like being Eve, there's simply no room in the game for "more Eves" than there need to be.  If we have 10 Eves, and only one makes a viable village, the other ones who played Eve might as well have played solo on a higher-number server, right?  The only difference is that they had babies along the way, and roped them into what would inevitably be a failed project.

The original idea for the game was that Eve would be extremely rare.  She was player1 on the server, but that's it.

"Well, what happens when everyone dies out?"

Okay, well in that case, a new Eve is spawned to get things started again.

"What happens if there's only one available mother, and 10 people joining.  Will she get 10 babies?  That's insane"

Okay, in that case, we'll spawn more Eves to spread the load.

But you can see that even with these concessions to the original "one Eve" concept, we still really only want Eves in the game when they're really needed.

Also, if you like to Eve, just get born in a town and run away.  Anyone can play the starting-from-scratch game whenever they want (assuming that the land isn't stripped bare around town, which is another problem....)

#15 2019-05-24 15:54:27

pein

jasonrohrer wrote:

each player should get a token a day, but maybe needs to survive to 30 to spend it
if the area is way too bad then another try might be good

shouldn't be more than 10% players as eve all times
meaning that even if people suicide they need to choose one family

some information on main screen if they allowed to eve and how many others are there already

if people played one hour in a family they should be able to choose eve life

you could allow some people to eve if no one around, but not more than 10

maybe some sort ov Eve waiting list where people can make an appointment, and it's open for like 30 min for them to play as Eve
maybe this slots only avalaible if others used the tokens and Eve number is less than 15%-20 but more than 10%
it's more like a prediction if the Eves gonna be good enough or not

Maybe the ability to split off a lineage and leave on your own, getting a new Family name so you can pseudo Eve

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#16 2019-05-24 16:40:28

futurebird

I don't know what the best idea is, Jason, but I really hope there is some change. We need to try something new. The current system isn't working.

I support your skip list idea. Along with earning up to one Eve token per day by living to 60. So if you want to be eve you need to live to 60 in the past 24 hours and that gives you a token. You can then, later use that token to be eve.

I also support the idea that the number of families on the server is a function of current server population. So if there is a boom in players you would get some extra "free" Eve spawns. So the only way to become Eve isn't using the token. There can be more Eves if a lot of people log on. And fewer "natural" Eves of there are fewer people.

Lastly these free Eves would be distrubuted to births at random, not targeted at people who are banned out of being born everywhere. If you are banned out of being born you cycle back through the skip list. So no easy way to become eve other than the token.

---
omnem cibum costis

#17 2019-05-24 16:45:31

futurebird

pein wrote:

each player should get a token a day, but maybe needs to survive to 30 to spend it

Naaaaah. That's the whole point of this change. No more shopping for a perfect spawn. Deal with what you get as Eve. Make the most of it. Part of what makes Eve kinda boring is some of you only try it if the location is perfect.

I was a child in an Eve run that was incredible recently. We had a spring and only one pond. A few of my kids died on me because "no water" but we rushed the shovel and got the well going. We ate wild food and made it work. The ones who stayed had a great time and the line lasted for a long time.

We've got to stop this "shopping" nonsense and rise to the challenge of less than ideal spawns. It's more exciting.

---
omnem cibum costis

#18 2019-05-24 17:35:15

Wuatduhf

I feel like we need a dynamic Eve cap that is based off of a mix between the current active players in the server & current lineages.

If there's a high number of players, the Eve cap is raised up a bit than whatever it normally is.

If there's a high number of lineages, the Eve cap is lowered down a bit than its normal.

I do also like the idea of an "Eve Token" just so that players aren't able to repeatedly grief/start over with new Eves over and over in a very short amount of time.

#19 2019-05-24 17:40:38

lychee

I also like the skip idea.

#20 2019-05-24 18:34:27

Spoonwood

jasonrohrer wrote:

Even though players like being Eve, there's simply no room in the game for "more Eves" than there need to be.  If we have 10 Eves, and only one makes a viable village, the other ones who played Eve might as well have played solo on a higher-number server, right?  The only difference is that they had babies along the way, and roped them into what would inevitably be a failed project.

The original idea for the game was that Eve would be extremely rare.  She was player1 on the server, but that's it.

Stop this Jason.  This behavior pattern right here is what does you in.  Stop and listen to what people are telling you.  They KNOW their preferences.  They are your customers.

jasonrohrer wrote:

"What happens if there's only one available mother, and 10 people joining.  Will she get 10 babies?  That's insane"

But you can see that even with these concessions to the original "one Eve" concept, *we*  still really only want Eves in the game when they're really needed.

(emphasis added around 'we')

NO!  Speak for yourself Jason.  Please learn that your desires aren't necessarily what others want. 

jasonrohrer wrote:

Also, if you like to Eve, just get born in a town and run away.  Anyone can play the starting-from-scratch game whenever they want (assuming that the land isn't stripped bare around town, which is another problem....)

No, that is NOT the same as having your own lineage.  The lineage depth numbers definitely don't match up with those as similar.  It's also not the same as starting out at 14 naked in the wilderness.  Additionally, you are telling people how to play for no good reason.  It would be better to listen to others and accept their preferences as their preferences.

Look, Jk Howling said this:

Jk Howling wrote:

There are plenty of players of the game who actively enjoy actually being an eve, ones that aren't abusing the system to attack towns. Don't punish the entire playerbase for the actions of a few.

No, Jk Howling does NOT really want Eves only when they are needed.  Not from what I've read at least.  I know I use to sometimes suicide to Eve.  Wasabi_Tonic (who has gone by Eve Milk) use to suicide until Eve a fair bit.  Even though Eve Jo and I haven't spoken to each other, I'm sure that Eve Jo use to suicide until Eve Jo was an Eve.  Some people REALLY WANTED to be an Eve even when Eves weren't needed.  And they were NOT griefing.  I don't doubt other players exist or have existed who would like an Eve button who just plan on making their own town.

I don't agree with the Eve token idea personally.  But, at the very least it would give people more control.  At the very least Jason you should do two things:

1. Listen to people when they state their preferences and accept them as their preferences.

2. Try to give people more control with respect to how they play the game.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#21 2019-05-24 18:40:56

Spoonwood

futurebird wrote:
pein wrote:

Naaaaah. That's the whole point of this change. No more shopping for a perfect spawn. Deal with what you get as Eve. Make the most of it. Part of what makes Eve kinda boring is some of you only try it if the location is perfect.

I was a child in an Eve run that was incredible recently. We had a spring and only one pond. A few of my kids died on me because "no water" but we rushed the shovel and got the well going. We ate wild food and made it work. The ones who stayed had a great time and the line lasted for a long time.

We've got to stop this "shopping" nonsense and rise to the challenge of less than ideal spawns. It's more exciting.

You're trying to change people here futurebird.  People will still quit on families.  It's not a good idea, because it will involve fewer people wanting to play that way than the other way.

Danish Clinch.
Longtime tutorial player.

#22 2019-05-24 21:34:39

Amon

Perhaps the eve token can be regenerated periodically for 3 lives in a row over 50 (irelevant of time passage), might incentevise people that want to eve so badly to play legit for once in a whileand earn the previlege.

The skip idea is good. We don't need MANY eves in place and too many eves during critical low populations on servers could be one of the things causing the deaths of towns.

Also the only allure to eveing is setting up a new surname, the experience can be gained just by running off naked. Perhaps if new lineage can be made. Maybe via marriage. (hint hint Jason, we want more family-creation things and adoption,) "Lets be the Masons" said the Newy wedded Diana Orlov and Martin Smith, Now Diana and Martin Mason, Or maybe anything past 3rd/4th cousins in the same family might be allowed as well.

However, yes, definitely limit eves, but don't boot players off the game, just limit the eves, if we don't need eves we don't need them, this is comming from a person that likes to paly eves but hasn't had the hance to recently so I wouoldn't mind giving it a go again. But If i don't get the chance I won't throw a hissy fit about it.

Last edited by Amon (2019-05-24 21:42:38)

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#23 2019-05-24 23:00:07

pein

well even if you are not shopping, it's not really an eve run if you spawn in middle of a mess
i met 6 eves in my run and found clothes and stuff
then no reason to settle, i wont find iron
the only choice is findign a town with most tools ad get a mine

accidents happen and not everyone is pro at eve, i had so many annoying runs when i do everything right and they just have to survive for 20 min and they still cant even if i leave all the wild food to them

now it should be optimized for 1 hour a day people
you got your token, uses up half hour anyway, if you die before 30 then you can try again
or maybe just spawn you in full wilderness

the recurring tokens could come at two hour played or old age
and this eves would revive towns or fill the space

player types as far as i know:
newbees who don't know how to die so they stick with anything: small family more chance to be girl
newbees who don't stay alive if not interacted with them: they should spawn at small families early stage
newbees need easier way in first 100 hours or so
people who want to eve to learn it
people who just eve to make a name
people who got strong preference toward gender or tech level
people who wont let others down if asked to suicide or stay as last girl
people who want high populated cities and higher tech
trolls

second hour people want some food, different life than previous
so unlocking some other options could be better

either based on experience or based on hours played that day or both

people who want to learn to eve, should be spawned with other newbees, is good to experiment with others
for like first 20 hours? or few days from registering

then more likely to get with small families with a veteran, so they can learn stuff

i think eve or not eve is a strong preference and people should be able to control, even if marginally
like you choose not to eve then you spawn as a kid
same goes for male or female, some people got strong preference and limiting them isn't helping
and quite a lot of people don't like bad towns and lazy people so maybe some sort of rating system for towns and experience in that life

the game has to be fun and the families sustained , so that's why i say 10% eve max
120 people, 12 eves max
now i cant find the topic about how many eves die gen 1-3 but it's a lot
also daily tokens wont help a lot cause first everyone gonna eve then nobody has a token
so more like selecting a favorite time to play? based on that your tokens arrive that time
and maybe 12 hours later

or maybe stack tokens if you don't play eve, but they decay 2 days later

but i think is very important some sort of stat on ongoing lineages, so people see for themselves how many families are alive and what are the odds of getting decent amoutn of kids but not too many

the game is instant conenct so if the pop is raising needs some sort of prediction
this 10% max eve could be decent average, if people die out then this can drop in a minute
so that's why i think some sort of waiting list is needed but that needs confirmation and people want to play right away

the other idea would be that if people reach older age then they reserve extra slots for family, the fertility timer goes down with average age
so if you got elders they boost fertility around them so they get  a replacement
a female goes old then others got boosted fertility timer, kids can still suicide but if not you still got more babies
right now we don't have to do anything for population, maybe link population to tech
some sort of totem which needs upgrading
so if people are lazy or don't know how to do it their pop stays low
top limit on how many people can be at a time in their family
for example first set a home marker, set a fire and burn the marker, this means you got a chosen spot and fire
then you can upgrade it with a bowl, rabbit, butt log, stone, etc confirming that you got the steps in tech and the tools
up until sheep where your family limit is 20
maybe can go higher or get unlimited

this would ensure that people got to work for a good town and if they not they got punished and the oens who care got rewarded
maybe some sort of limit that first baby is always girl if no other females left
next random and if you got 2 girl kids you get boys

i would like healthy families where the population is maintained over time so soften area ban in special cases

i seen a lot of towns with food and clothes and no babies
so for example you could increase fertility by offerings to an altar. it would cost 8 pies (get the plates back) and some other stuff, maybe different foods. so if people got no babies but can work as a team, do this quests and skip lineage ban for some people who were there.

the skip list is good, but maybe list all ongoing families before joining server.

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#24 2019-05-25 01:38:15

testo

I don´t know how but free Eveing for anyone is just not fun for the people that has to "deal with it". Today I played 3 lives. First town two Eves spawn out of nowhere, grab clothing take horse bow and start picking stuff. We managed to kill one fast the second took some time. Second town same story, lost 2 girls in the process. Last life got at least 4 Eves running around at different times, first one stayed naked grabbed bow I managed to take her fast, second two I was out of town just came to see a three corpes on the ground, two eves. Five minutes later a naked girl stays in our farm giving me hearts, at that point should I really let her stay??

Griefers are just having the time of their life, no curse, no nothing. I regularly do scavenger runs around town. I always see: several bears running around, pick at least two or three full clothing/iron tools, bps, baskets with steel and bows all around. They just dont care. If you want war is ok, just give me something to fight back or they care at least, this is not PvP.

- Jack Ass

#25 2019-05-25 23:27:37

Jk Howling

jasonrohrer wrote:

But you can see that even with these concessions to the original "one Eve" concept, we still really only want Eves in the game when they're really needed.

If you're determined to quite literally never, EVER let players be able to eve, despite it being a popular playstyle that many people enjoy, then you need to give us the fucking ability to properly branch off of a family. We need more space.

I like being eve because it's a challenge, moreso than sitting in a functioning village adding to the already-large food stores and munching on pies. I like being able to start from scratch, build the first kiln, plant the first berries, and being completely on my own, with only my children to continue my legacy. I like seeing the foundations of something great, and coming on later to find that my family is still going! That the tiny eve camp bloomed into a city!

You just don't get the same effect anymore. Having to run for half my fertility just to find wild lands again is not enjoyable. Getting stuck with a surname that means nothing to me is not enjoyable. Being forced into already settled lands no matter how I spawn in, is not enjoyable.

Things stagnated very quickly. I'm already burnt out on being forced together in one small area when the map has easily the space and resources for hundreds, if not thousands, of settlements. I'm tired of seeing a town everywhere I look on bs2. I'm tired of being forced to play with strangers that just end up slaughtering my family a generation later.

Give us options that aren't /die /die /die.

-Has ascended to better games-

Board footer