One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-11 20:26:31

Matbat

Surely this is good for the game..encourages trade and family survival

Butter knife/note arrow all over again, except this time its "intended".

Dead town

Let us scrap swords

Edit: shameless sword suggestion plug

Last edited by Matbat (2019-05-11 20:41:39)

#2 2019-05-11 21:36:11

BladeWoods

Re: Surely this is good for the game..encourages trade and family survival

Swords are broken

#3 2019-05-11 21:37:44

Solbusaur

Ay thats me in the top, the old ginger.

I got here from the belltower, and started learning the language of the locals. Then some balding ginger teen snapped and started stabbing all the foreigners. I was the last one in that little area to get away, and I made it to a horse, then came back to find the killer slain.

The rest of that life was a constant fight between trying out the new language thing, and also not starving, because NO ONE was making any food.
Also because there was no one to make the food.
The town was desolate

Last edited by Solbusaur (2019-05-11 21:41:48)

Favourite Lives: MrDryer/ChirpChapley (Eva II) Town Nurse (Beth Storm) Ma's Best Li'l Helper (Law Autry), The Latex Lord (Kevin Youree), 60 Years a Blacksmith (Victoire Mom) The Egglord's Apprentice (Thomas II), Big Blood Brother (Dante), Horse racer on doomsday (Lilly Tana)
Profile Picture by MultiLife

#4 2019-05-11 21:38:31

YannaChan

Matbat wrote:

Butter knife/note arrow all over again, except this time its "intended".

https://i.imgur.com/28E0l2f.jpg

Let us scrap swords

Edit: shameless sword suggestion plug

I was there, I was Starr Uranga.

#5 2019-05-11 21:42:46

SavageOgre

I was there a while ago, I made part of that engine in my life

#6 2019-05-11 21:49:28

D3mon1cblack

Solbusaur wrote:

Ay thats me in the top, the old ginger.

I got here from the belltower, and started learning the language of the locals. Then some balding ginger teen snapped and started stabbing all the foreigners. I was the last one in that little area to get away, and I made it to a horse, then came back to find the killer slain.

The rest of that life was a constant fight between trying out the new language thing, and also not starving, because NO ONE was making any food.
Also because there was no one to make the food.
The town was desolate

that balding ginger was from my fam and i stabbed her to stop her from killing you all you guys let me starve to death cus i had no way to comunicate and maybe because of mass panic lolz
i was the guy making paper to let us comunicate a bit tongue

im eve groot or eve degroot and if i dont care and spawn next to an item ill call myself eve (itemname)
420 mushroom cultist and proud of it!

#7 2019-05-11 21:53:02

Tarr
Banned

It's literally a gimmick so people will """use""" fences.

jasonrohrer wrote:

Yes, you can repeatedly stab someone.  That's intentional, for now...  we'll see where it takes us.

And yes, you've caught on to my design intention regarding fences....

I'm not sure if Jason thinks we're a bunch of idiots or what but people aren't going to use content that is trash. Railways, pork tacos, fences these are all things people aren't going to make because they're either overcosted, useless, or a hinder. If I catch anyone with a fenced town I'm just going to shove my kids over the fence with a sword or block the gate to prove the point.

Fences cause people to just hoard items while "working", are piss poorly designed, and in general do not help gameplay at all. Adding a gimmick to reinforce another dumb gimmick isn't going to get people to use fences. It will just lead to people griefing the newcomen to stop sword production or worse the game devolves from a game about family and civ building to ecks dee murder simulator.

fug it’s Tarr.

#8 2019-05-11 22:47:03

Averest

Well Jason does admire Rust so...

#9 2019-05-11 22:48:38

GreatShawn

rare footage of june 4, 1989

#10 2019-05-12 02:26:47

seth

Hehe, I remember hearing the bell ring and thinking.. anyone who heads to that bell is walking into a massacre.

So far, haven't encountered swords, but encountering foreigners has been one of the best experiences so far!

I suspect people are going to have to learn to make property in order to defend themselves from an attack..

#11 2019-05-12 03:24:11

RedComb

This was the village I talk about toward the end of my post here.

I had just barely spawned in and gotten situated when I decided to take a little look around town. I was happy to see how much progress this place made after having been a part of it 15 generations earlier. Didn't get to see the northeast, east, or southeastern part of town yet.

I was standing up by the top left of OP's screen shot when a raider appeared and stabbed me, then stabbed another person, and more radiers appeared and got into the nursery and killed everybody in there.

It's so fun to be 7 and defenseless, just literally having a look around (and not aware the war swords were in the game yet), then getting ganked and watching everybody around me die just so people can have "fun" murdering people. It totally matches the description in the "This game is about..." write up on the home page. I'll be sure to keep playing! I love racism, xenophobia, and senseless violence all for the sake of drama, especially in a game with very simplistic controls that make combat clunky and imprecise! It's awesome! So glad I spent $20 on this, especially because the Steam description talked all about how the game was going to be centered on conflict and killing! I don't feel misled at all!!! /s

Board footer