One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-15 04:47:09

Roosty knife

Twins hate.

So basicly, when i was a beginer in OHOL i was playin' alone, but with time, as i was learning, my gf joined me in our adventures in a such cute game. We started playing twin, like forever, and do all our best to make a great team and help the place where are borned to prosper. We never griefed a single place at all, even people sometimes were rude. Doing all the mighty work we posibly can, especialy my gf love to farm and everything stands on it, if the town neded more people help in other directions, we split to help everybody, and didn't stayed together if society needs help. As babys we roleplayed, sharing our clothes, if someone gifted 'em to us and using /blush /happy, etc. cute emotions. My gf even was afraid of using a knife, and does all the job with it very carefully.

But i am sick with one thing. The twin hate. Yes, i know and unrestand that people are afraid interacting with twins, that they might be griefers. Almost every day of our play-session at least two moms leave us to death (/sad) first like 20 times i was patient now THIS, this thing get me sooo mad, that i really can't hold my nervs and decided to cry here on forums. The last drop was, that we was borned in Eve camp, our mom turned old, our big "sis" wanted us dead, and said "No twins, or have happy time with no girls" and runned away, pushing the mom to follow her. That day haved another situation, where a middle town was griefed by locking the main door and hiding the needed tools. And i swear to god, if people knowed that we are twins, 100% most of 'em will be blaiming us. But there are people, who believed in us, bless 'em with their kindness and warm greetings in their lives, the last guy was called Dennis, sweet fella, love him <3.

So what i wanted to say. Even a single player can grief an entire town, so what now, kill all kids? Thx for reading my post...
51uEaZ7ImBE.jpg

Last edited by Roosty knife (2019-04-15 04:49:10)

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#2 2019-04-15 07:06:27

Amon

Re: Twins hate.

The deal with twins is that they are MUCH MUCH MUCH harder to deal with than individuals. That's why discrimination exists. Shifty single babies get killed a lot to. So yeah there is risk taking in both, but twins are a bigger liability due being harder to deal with.

Also note tolerance does not improve with exposure but decreases. That's why reactions to x get worse over time.

You don't need to be twins to play together either. smile
One gets born in a town, the other suicides or sids untill they get born in the same one. Nobody is the wiser.
Then reverse for the second hour of play. Its cumbersome, yes. But time lost being abandoned is too.

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#3 2019-04-15 07:14:14

Tarr
Banned

I play twins myself nearly daily and most of the time I don't get any sort of anti-twin people but it does happen occasionally. Twin+ groups are not balanced and have a reputation of griefing (this can be seen first hand with Datruf thread right now). Because of this people will actively starve or kill twins at the worst of times.

It's unfortunate but groups of players have much more coordination which leads to them being a handful. I'm sure you've never had to tango with twins running around trying to kill off your camp/city/etc and I can tell you it is not an enjoyable situation. As long as twins/trips/quads exist in such a state people will always hold them to being guilty until proven innocent and as such playing as twins means you either have to tough it out or do solo births.

fug it’s Tarr.

#4 2019-04-15 09:08:25

Guppy

While I never killed multiplets ( is that how you say it?) on purpose, i know why people arent too fond of them.

Its not just the griefer problem, its also that  you put alot of energy into them, and more often than not, if one of them die, the rest kills themselfes too.

#5 2019-04-15 10:37:45

PeaGirl

Roosty knife wrote:

So basicly, when i was a beginer in OHOL i was playin' alone, but with time, as i was learning, my gf joined me in our adventures in a such cute game. We started playing twin, like forever, and do all our best to make a great team and help the place where are borned to prosper. We never griefed a single place at all, even people sometimes were rude. Doing all the mighty work we posibly can, especialy my gf love to farm and everything stands on it, if the town neded more people help in other directions, we split to help everybody, and didn't stayed together if society needs help. As babys we roleplayed, sharing our clothes, if someone gifted 'em to us and using /blush /happy, etc. cute emotions. My gf even was afraid of using a knife, and does all the job with it very carefully.

But i am sick with one thing. The twin hate. Yes, i know and unrestand that people are afraid interacting with twins, that they might be griefers. Almost every day of our play-session at least two moms leave us to death (/sad) first like 20 times i was patient now THIS, this thing get me sooo mad, that i really can't hold my nervs and decided to cry here on forums. The last drop was, that we was borned in Eve camp, our mom turned old, our big "sis" wanted us dead, and said "No twins, or have happy time with no girls" and runned away, pushing the mom to follow her. That day haved another situation, where a middle town was griefed by locking the main door and hiding the needed tools. And i swear to god, if people knowed that we are twins, 100% most of 'em will be blaiming us. But there are people, who believed in us, bless 'em with their kindness and warm greetings in their lives, the last guy was called Dennis, sweet fella, love him <3.

So what i wanted to say. Even a single player can grief an entire town, so what now, kill all kids? Thx for reading my post...
https://pp.userapi.com/c851032/v8510329 … Z7ImBE.jpg

I don't think that's the issue really. It has been long time fixed previously, so that the griefers cannot use this method to get out from DT with their friends.
More bigger of concern is, that just like other kids, there is a chance that they will plan to die instead of staying there. This camp shopping is bit annoying, and having more babies come and litter the camp up is double/triple/quatruple pain in the ass.
It's not your fault, all you really need to do, is be patient and hope to be accepted in family. Shit happens, I was accused of stealing tools even though I was chasing thief hiding them behind trees. Heck, impatience doesn't really get you far in this game... like at all.

If you ever enter Pea (Helkama turns into random name) family, you need the lottery ticket picked up. My baby names given can be absolutely random.
"Are you fueled with peasoup or why you keep running off from temperature tile?"

#6 2019-04-15 11:04:56

breezeknight

@Roosty knife

one question

how much good experience do you yourself have with raising multiples ?

instead of seeing only your view of the situation, look at it from the opposite side

- - -

i don't hate any kid or any player in this game, i am trying to rear all my kids meantime to the age of self-sufficiency
but in general nearly all my experiences with multiples are bad,
either they died right away, or they all ran away after self-sufficient & did not contribute to the town or they died after one of them died, or they were at the very least obnoxious or even outright griefing

OHOL is basically not a coop game, it's a multiplayer
what players like you attempt to do with twinning/coop is, to press a private session of coop into a multiplayer game, those just are different rules to play

coop doesn't support the multiplayer aspect, it interferes with it

- - -

Last edited by breezeknight (2019-04-15 11:06:26)

#7 2019-04-15 11:36:40

Averest

When twinning one should expect to be killed or left to die by mom. Start from there. If she allows you to live, great! If not? Next life. Don't be angry or hurt or take it personally. The damage twins can do is much more than just a single bad egg.  The damage experienced twins with zoom mod, mics and a bit of creativity will just make you sad and question your faith in humanity.

And yes, they will often both die if one of them dies. Often friends go together and one is more experienced, teaching the other. The new guy dies and the teaching player dies so they can try again.

Be understanding of the situation, sympathize with the mom with the hard choice she feels she has to make given the current population of griefers on the server. Don't beg to be allowed to live. It's undignified and annoying. Say IT OK and move on to the next life.

#8 2019-04-15 12:46:50

Roosty knife

yeah as i expected no support at all.

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#9 2019-04-15 12:48:10

Roosty knife

breezeknight wrote:

@Roosty knife

one question

how much good experience do you yourself have with raising multiples ?

instead of seeing only your view of the situation, look at it from the opposite side

- - -

i don't hate any kid or any player in this game, i am trying to rear all my kids meantime to the age of self-sufficiency
but in general nearly all my experiences with multiples are bad,
either they died right away, or they all ran away after self-sufficient & did not contribute to the town or they died after one of them died, or they were at the very least obnoxious or even outright griefing

OHOL is basically not a coop game, it's a multiplayer
what players like you attempt to do with twinning/coop is, to press a private session of coop into a multiplayer game, those just are different rules to play

coop doesn't support the multiplayer aspect, it interferes with it

- - -

the mechanic is in game, so it shoud work. And yes, i was at the opposite side, i had more than 2 at a time. So what's the deal?

Last edited by Roosty knife (2019-04-15 12:50:20)

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#10 2019-04-15 12:49:59

Roosty knife

Also to telling each of you, we have a great cooperation due voice chat and that improves our work cooperation in a good way. The problem is that the justice system must be reworked. Not to blame coop players. I am giving all my clothes and stuff to others, saving patience, when someone "spits" me in face. Blaming that we want to have a warm time with society construction, to receive more blame. Also if you are curious, if one of us dies (that ussualy happens when the town doesn't have small food for kids) other one keeps working, while me or she just goin' to make some tea, etc. neutral

Last edited by Roosty knife (2019-04-15 13:03:41)

Makin' Bacon Burritos.

#11 2019-04-15 13:57:28

breezeknight

it improves your coop work cooperation but does separate you from the other players who are not part of your coop

this game is basically multiplayer
coop was included months after release & only because some players were constantly bugging Jason about it & he's experimental enough to do that

get over it - your coop gameplay is still not popular tongue

- - -

#12 2019-04-15 15:23:06

Chimera

I think the solution would be to make cursing a /curse Target command instead of a say command. That way when people stab twins and the like they can get cursed and sent to DT. It is not okay to grief, no matter what you reason. Doubly so it is not okay to grief because people have friends.

#13 2019-04-15 15:25:27

DestinyCall

When I first started playing OHOL, I didn't hate twins or multiples.  I didn't treat them any different than any other baby and tried my hardest to keep them all alive, even when I was so new that I could barely keep myself alive, let alone support multiple hungry babies.   

One of my funniest/most tragic memories of my early days involved multiples.  I think it was the first or second day that I was playing OHOL.   I was born as an Eve for the first time and I had no clue what I was doing.  I was just trying to keep myself and my babies alive while I made a stone hatchet, because that was all I knew how to do from the tutorial.   Needless to say, I was struggling .. babies dying left and right, frantic running back and forth, chasing after runner babies, on the brink of starvation as I moved from berry bush to berry bush etc.   My longest living child had just died of starvation and I was frantically searching for food since I was almost dead myself.  I see a banana tree so I run for it and immediately step on a mosquito swarm .... and then I had quadruplets.  Screaming babies everywhere, banana tree right beside me, but I can't eat.   I just started laughing like crazy and told my babies "Sorry kids, we are doomed".   Then we all died.

Anyways, my point is that I didn't start off assuming that multiple births were a bad thing.  Yes, they were a challenge and quads are especially bad.  But if you can keep one baby alive, you can usually keep two alive, so twins aren't really that hard.   Except that over my time in OHOL, I've noticed that twins are usually trouble.   They are more likely to care about each other more than the village.  More likely to murder other people and intentionally grief the village when they get upset.    And, of course, the twinning mechanics are easily exploited by people with bad intentions.  Two people working together can cause a great deal of damage and coordinate their attacks, allowing them to murder and sabotage freely.  Most villages can handle a solitary griefer, but very few are prepared for multiple people working together to break the fragile systems that support village life.  And twinning allows griefers to dodge the lineage ban and return to the same place again and again until the succeed at destroying it.   I've witnessed the destructive potential of twins, triplets, and quads in many towns.   I've also had twins who were good villagers and worked hard their whole life, but the good ones don't leave as strong of an impression as the bad seeds. 

Even so, I don't kill multiples as a rule.  I would rather give people a chance to prove themselves and hope for the best.   Although, if they start asking for my knife or repeatedly saying KI..LL..KI...LL..KI..LL, I will do what needs to be done.   A mother's job is never easy.

#14 2019-04-15 17:21:49

Aname

killing all your kids is a great idea

Eve Gluck! We are the great glucks and we will beat every other dynasty!

Best Gluck linage so far: http://lineage.onehouronelife.com/serve … id=4082492

#15 2019-04-15 18:55:48

DestinyCall

Aname wrote:

It is the only way to be sure.   Fire cleanses all.

#16 2019-04-15 22:56:02

karltown_veteran

Unpopular opinion, but I think you should keep multiples if you know you'll be able to deal with them. Especially twins, quads are a little bit more sketchy.
What does "deal with" mean? Basically, you must ensure that:
a) you'll be able to raise all of them without one dying (the other would follow suit and that would be food wasted)
b) the town has enough food for all 2/3/4 of them
c) you'll kill them / starve them if they say sketchy stuff as babies
d) you'll keep an eye on them
and e) you're skilled enough with fighting to be able to kill them if they turn out to be evil

In a life not too long ago I had triplet girls. I decided to keep them because they were my first kids, they were cuties, and the town needed girls.
By chance they turned out to be griefers. They did stuff like poking the blocked bear cave trying to get the bear out, spam clicking bellows, et cetera. So I stabbed two of them and the third starved. They were shouting the N word on the way out, which proved my point.
So yeah, you should take that chance on multiples. If they're good, wonderful. If they're bad, dispose of them.

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#17 2019-04-15 23:14:23

Tarr
Banned

karltown_veteran wrote:

Unpopular opinion, but I think you should keep multiples if you know you'll be able to deal with them. Especially twins, quads are a little bit more sketchy.
What does "deal with" mean? Basically, you must ensure that:
a) you'll be able to raise all of them without one dying (the other would follow suit and that would be food wasted)
b) the town has enough food for all 2/3/4 of them
c) you'll kill them / starve them if they say sketchy stuff as babies
d) you'll keep an eye on them
and e) you're skilled enough with fighting to be able to kill them if they turn out to be evil

In a life not too long ago I had triplet girls. I decided to keep them because they were my first kids, they were cuties, and the town needed girls.
By chance they turned out to be griefers. They did stuff like poking the blocked bear cave trying to get the bear out, spam clicking bellows, et cetera. So I stabbed two of them and the third starved. They were shouting the N word on the way out, which proved my point.
So yeah, you should take that chance on multiples. If they're good, wonderful. If they're bad, dispose of them.

The last three times I've ran into triplets its been griefers. I ask them to post in the community discord or I absolutely do not keep them. I'm a bit more easy on twins but keeping any sort of group is a good way to get the town turned into a griefed mess.

They're rarely worth the risk and the investment only pays off if they actually do something.

fug it’s Tarr.

#18 2019-04-16 00:09:22

antking:]#

DestinyCall wrote:
Aname wrote:

but what will stop the fire as it rages?

"hear how the wind begins to whisper, but now it screams at me" said ashe
"I remember it from a Life I never Lived" said Peaches
"Now Chad don't invest in Asian markets" said Chad's Mom
Herry the man who cheated death

#19 2019-04-16 01:07:49

DestinyCall

antking:]# wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:
Aname wrote:

Why would you want to stop it?   The flames, they are so beautiful and bright.

#20 2019-04-16 01:25:34

DestinyCall wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

because their bright ballet takes place on the smoldering skin of your brothers and sisters...

#21 2019-04-16 02:18:39

DestinyCall

DestinyCall wrote:

because their bright ballet takes place on the smoldering skin of your brothers and sisters...

The night is dark and full of terrors...but the fire burns them all away.

#22 2019-04-16 02:59:04

Thaulos

Don't think of it as hate. Think of it as it just not being worth it.

#23 2019-04-16 04:23:38

DestinyCall wrote:
DestinyCall wrote:

The night is dark and full of terrors...but the fire burns them all away.

You fear the nights teeth which is wise, however the raze of the sun, cuts thorough the night's starry cloak, in the world of eternal day.

#24 2019-04-16 12:58:47

WalrusesConquer

I do try to be fair to twins, as for me most of the time they are helpful players! The worst case is when you need girls and one of them dies and everyone follows..but hey! It's a game, these things happen kek

Recent favorite lives:
Favio Pheonix,Les Nana,Cloud Charles, Rosa Colo [fed my little bro] Lucas Dawn [husband of magnolia] Jasmine Yu,Chogiwa, Tae (Jazz meister)Gillian Yellow (adoptive husband),Jason Dua, Arya Stark, Sophie Cucci, Cerenity Ergo ,Owner of Boris The Goose,Being Maria's mom, Santa's helper.

Board footer