One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-31 17:15:08

hmrka

Ask twins/triplets+ to confirm who they are on discord.

The griefers right now are veryyy low tier, their only strategy is being in a group. Sooo - a way to avoid them Is to ask them to confirm themselves on discord.

You dont know them? Starve/Stab! (some have enough brain cells to create an alt account, but its rare.)
They say "i dont haev disckord"? Starve/Stab!
They confirm themselves and its a griefer? Starve/Stab!

I had fun yesterday stabbing 8 of y'all, but come on, my killing stats get upped a bit much from it tongue

Also, it is harder to be guard than to grief, so don't call yourself intelligent if all you do is put things behind trees and use your (extremely bad) pvp skillz lol.

I sign my ingame notes as Gio or Truz.
big baby: https://i.imgur.com/ZoLRpb3.png
most kids: https://i.imgur.com/3Vmffb4.png

#2 2019-03-31 17:29:42

pein

Re: Ask twins/triplets+ to confirm who they are on discord.

i stab one and the other missed the shot on me while on cooldown, then i told wait my cooldown but he wasn't brave enough, somethimes i kill 3 of them anyway

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#3 2019-03-31 17:56:51

Whatever

hmrka wrote:

I had fun yesterday stabbing 8 of y'all, but come on, my killing stats get upped a bit much from it tongue

hehe
I thought about maybe improving them by adding more killing categories:
- how many babies did you kill
- how many fertile woman
- how many elders (above age 54)

#4 2019-03-31 18:12:45

futurebird

Is being on discord worth it?

---
omnem cibum costis
tantum baca, non facies opus

#5 2019-03-31 19:19:52

Amon

Sometimes you get born as twins/+ just by chance as well. Sure did have twins in this game despite never using the function...

My favourite all time lives are Unity Dawn, who was married to Sachin Gedeon.
Art!!

PIES 2.0 <- Pie diversification mod

#6 2019-03-31 19:57:13

Tarr
Banned

I mostly find it sad we're back to the kill group players meta AGAIN. I really dislike the idea we have to look outside of the game to make sure whether a group is trustworthy or not but Jason still hasn't given us the tools to deal with this reoccurring thing.

-Remove twins/trips/quads from being able to curse. If they want to curse someone they can split afterwards and curse the person in the next life then regroup if whoever was griefing them was that bad.

-All players in a group receive points together. There's no reason group play shouldn't make cursing less effective vs solo play. If a group griefs together a town MIGHT be able to curse out a single player and the others get off free.

-Determine donkey town based off the groups combined score. This in combination with the previous point makes it so a quad group can only be cursed twice and be forced to disband, a trips group thrice, and a twins group four times before they're forced to split for an hour.

-If this isn't balanced you could always use the player with the LOWEST curse threshold to determine whether the group can play together. This means if the group has multiple people with a couple points someone with a high curse score will either have to sit out or wait until the group has burnt off the cursed points they have.

-Being murdered inflicts a 2000 tile area ban like when the area ban was broken. Basically works as a pseudo donkey town punishment as players being murdered repeatedly will lock them out of most towns within a few deaths. The only way to gain access to towns you were murdered from is to play 3 hours in game or wait 24 hours meaning being killed is a much much greater punishment.

We absolutely do not have the proper tools in game to deal with griefers. If you kill one you protect your town for three hours (if the women aren't running around outside of the 200 tile area ban) but you then just push the issue onto another town to deal with. What is going to happen is players are going to do a soft ban on groups again (no one keeps or will raise groups) or baby prisons are going to explicitly start going up again to house twins+ to prevent them from playing at all.

futurebird wrote:

Nah, you don't have to join the discord if it's going out of your way. It's mostly people bouncing ideas around, meta talk, or whatever random stuff people end up discussing.

Amon wrote:

Sometimes you get born as twins/+ just by chance as well. Sure did have twins in this game despite never using the function...

Yes, but you'll be different models and/or genders with being fraternal twins vs identical twins which are always all the same exact model. No one is off hunting or messing with these twins since that's not people specifically grouping up.

fug it’s Tarr.

#7 2019-03-31 20:01:20

OminousBladeBlank

I think extending cursing to each member of twins trips and quads is dangerous. However, cursing specific groups might work fine when they are twinned tripped or quadded.

What is an ominous blade blank?

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#8 2019-03-31 20:03:56

Tarr
Banned

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

I think extending cursing to each member of twins trips and quads is dangerous. However, cursing specific groups might work fine when they are twinned tripped or quadded.

You have to actively join a group to play with one. You should take responsibility for your own group members misbehavior and such should receive a curse point whenever someone in the group does.

fug it’s Tarr.

#9 2019-03-31 20:08:48

OminousBladeBlank

Tarr wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

You have to actively join a group to play with one. You should take responsibility for your own group members misbehavior and such should receive a curse point whenever someone in the group does.

Sure, but think about the noobies who don't know any better. Do I deserve D Town? Sure. Griefers are not the only twins though. Noobs do it often too. They mess up or make a bad judgement, the whole group is fucked. That's not cool.

It's that blade blank next to the file and short staff you see in a naked toddler's basket.

#10 2019-03-31 20:15:01

Tarr
Banned

OminousBladeBlank wrote:

Sure, but think about the noobies who don't know any better. Do I deserve D Town? Sure. Griefers are not the only twins though. Noobs do it often too. They mess up or make a bad judgement, the whole group is fucked. That's not cool.

Sure, but unless you are wracking up massive amounts of curses due to one person you'll be fine short term. Most players would need eight people from the town to get the whole group sent to donkey town which is rare enough to happen in the first place. A few curses here or there don't hurt players until they've either played enough for all the curses to bite them on the ass or they're gaining more than one curse each and every hour.

fug it’s Tarr.

#11 2019-03-31 20:32:45

OminousBladeBlank

Tarr wrote:
OminousBladeBlank wrote:

Sure, but unless you are wracking up massive amounts of curses due to one person you'll be fine short term. Most players would need eight people from the town to get the whole group sent to donkey town which is rare enough to happen in the first place. A few curses here or there don't hurt players until they've either played enough for all the curses to bite them on the ass or they're gaining more than one curse each and every hour.

That's a good point. It doesn't solve the problem of in-game coordinates assaults (of which I have been involved in four or five). Still, maybe that's ok. Maybe it's not the worst idea.

#12 2019-04-01 00:25:53

Digital_Anna

I don't have the discord group. What is it?

Be nice, English isn't my first language.

#13 2019-04-01 02:25:26

Tarr
Banned

Digital_Anna wrote:

https://discord.gg/rY9HNtP

Or it can be found at the bottom of the homepage for people looking where to connect to the community discord.

fug it’s Tarr.

#14 2019-04-01 02:43:41

Digital_Anna

Tarr wrote:
Digital_Anna wrote:

https://discord.gg/rY9HNtP

Or it can be found at the bottom of the homepage for people looking where to connect to the community discord.

Thanks, i'll join!

Be nice, English isn't my first language.

#15 2019-04-01 02:49:47

Turnipseed

futurebird wrote:

Yes 100%

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#16 2019-04-01 05:28:48

BlueDiamondAvatar

Turnipseed wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Yes 100%

Yes.  I like it.

The forums are for longer timeline thoughts and discussions - similar to how I use email.
Discord is for quick discussions, setting up logistics, etc.  - similar to texting. 
I would not twin or set up group play with someone who does not have Discord.  But if that's not your thing, it's probably not necessary.

And for context, I had never used Discord before I started playing OHOL.

--Blue Diamond

I aim to leave behind a world that is easier for people to live in that it was before I got there.

#17 2019-04-01 11:50:38

Starknight_One

BlueDiamondAvatar wrote:
Turnipseed wrote:
futurebird wrote:

Yes 100%

Yes.  I like it.

The forums are for longer timeline thoughts and discussions - similar to how I use email.
Discord is for quick discussions, setting up logistics, etc.  - similar to texting. 
I would not twin or set up group play with someone who does not have Discord.  But if that's not your thing, it's probably not necessary.

And for context, I had never used Discord before I started playing OHOL.

I'm in the same boat as BDA... I only joined Discord once I started playing OHOL. (Not that I've been on either for a while.)

Board footer