One Hour One Life Forums

a multiplayer game of parenting and civilization building

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-15 20:27:57

helloworld

List of skilled player on forum

Simple list of ways  to identify people in game for myself.

List of eve name you use.

mine is eve berry.

current good eve: (claim your eve name here)
-eve sol (pretty good who ever u are)

Last edited by helloworld (2018-09-15 22:29:38)

#2 2018-09-15 22:58:28

Turnipseed

Re: List of skilled player on forum

I dont use one anymore... its only a matter of time before people say "curse eve west" every time they get a token

Be kind, generous, and work together my potatoes.

#3 2018-09-15 23:16:23

Superfun2
Banned

Ree

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#4 2018-09-16 01:31:53

Lotus

Tarr.

#5 2018-09-16 01:38:59

Turnipseed

Boots, west, aurora, pein

#6 2018-09-16 01:39:51

UnnoticedShadow

Great, now the greifers know who to target if they feel like being a jerk, wait until auto curse bots become a thing. . .

#7 2018-09-16 04:52:45

Joriom
Website

Thanks, Eves with those last names will be the first to be sent to Donkey Town by Santan curse bot initiative.

#8 2018-09-16 05:33:14

Turnipseed

Joriom wrote:

Thanks, Eves with those last names will be the first to be sent to Donkey Town by Santan curse bot initiative.

Exactly why i dont use turnipseed any more... its sad

#9 2018-09-16 06:00:59

Superfun2
Banned

God and saviour joriom will you target amyx?

I name my self Amyx after my hot 8th grade science teacher  and my baby names are after hot girls in my school. big_smile

#10 2018-09-16 06:31:29

pein

i used to use Peinado and Pain
i wasnt in the mood of eve runs nowadays, but lot of times i am the one who makes all the tools and the first compost, apron

i enjoyed playing with turnipseed and mirelli, most common to born to them

yahg, telafiesta, msbee, redbug, ribbz are some very good players
sorry if i missed anyone, i need a few games until i determine your style and i dont always ask people who they are
the nice part is when you meet, you dont need much communication, you just do one thing and others finish it or improve it

matthew? coco? are some fam names i remember being good
west towns are generally on awesome spots

https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7986 livestock pens 4.0
https://onehouronelife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4411 maxi guide

Playing OHOL optimally is like cosplaying a cactus: stand still and don't waste the water.

#11 2018-09-16 09:38:59

Aurora Aurora

Aurora

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#12 2018-09-16 12:12:41

Roblor

Joriom wrote:

I can't be the only one who's puzzled by this...

I've hear about Satan

But who the hell is Santan???

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

#13 2018-09-16 12:26:37

Aurora Aurora

Roblor wrote:
Joriom wrote:

I can't be the only one who's puzzled by this...

I've hear about Satan

But who the hell is Santan???

OHOL bots are called santans because they used to be born as players and just say 666

One of the original veterans.
Go-to person for anything roleplay related.
4 years in the community.
Unbanned from the discord.

#14 2018-09-17 00:22:39

karltown_veteran

Superfun2 wrote:

Ree

Lotus wrote:

Tarr.

lol

.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / ... - .-. .- -. --. . .-.-.- / ... --- / .- -- / .. .-.-.-
ˆ ø˜ç´ ƒ®åµ´∂ å˜ ˆ˜˜øç∑˜† å˜∂ ©ø† å∑å¥ ∑ˆ†˙ ˆ†
he xnt bzm qdzc sghr, xnt zqd z enqlhczakd noonmdms
veteran of an OHOL town called Karltown. Not really a veteran and my names not Karl

#15 2018-09-17 01:17:53

Joriom
Website

Aurora Aurora wrote:

OHOL bots are called santans because they used to be born as players and just say 666

Not all of them. Just mine as far as I know. If anyone else developed a bot and would name it Santan I would strongly object tongue

#16 2018-09-17 06:56:49

EllynEve

Mine is a variation of Modesta. Griefers aren't interested in me anyway. I don't need 'em. I'm garbage as Eve anyway.

#17 2018-09-17 08:35:54

Morti

helloworld wrote:

It's not promising that I am the only Eve you mentioned.
I came here to see what other Eve's you considered skilled, because I have surely played with them and wanted an example of a person that someone else considers good.

Tarr, Boots, West, I can vouch for all of them. Thing is, I don't get to be the child of a good Eve often enough. It feels like 60% of the time I am the child of a civilization that is already on the 4th - 30th gen. 2nd and 3rd gen are by far the most enjoyable stages of the game; you don't have the stress of picking the right location while juggling children. All you have to do is stay alive and then explode up the tech tree where ever you mom decides to make home. Your biomes are full of foragables, there aren't crazy walks for straight branches or milkweed, iron or stones early on. Everything is gently spread across the map and as long as you're brave, it's yours to provide to your family. 4th - 10th gen is a lot of organizing and maintenance and by 10th gen we should be off starting new satellite colonies, but since most people stick around their main home, chit chat and wander around, looking for an item in a sea of items for decades while they do loose work wherever they travel and probably contribute more to the mess than the organization of the colonies inventory, on average.

I would really like Jason to add two things to the unfolding of this game.

1. Alternative trunks to climb to reach the canopy of the tech tree.

2. The canopy to be raised consistently on a regular basis.

And now I will argue against my own first point; one of the beauties of this game is the simplicity. You must get a stone hatchet, a firebow drill, and a snare. You can get by farming with either skewers or a stone hoe, that is an example of two separate trunks for farming, but you cannot carry soil by hand, you cannot put raw soil in anything other than a basket. In real life I could strip the bark from a tree, attach some vines to it (not rope, vines) and haul that bark sled of soil to the location where I want to dump it.
How do you get the soil out of the ground? Scooping it up with a reed basket? That's the only way? Ridiculous. Why could I not have scooped it out with a flat stone into a fired clay pot and carried that on my shoulder? Simply because that has not been added to the game as a use for those items.

Well, all the basic tools should also have alternatives. There is flint and iron in the game, why is there no way to make fire from flint and iron (or steel)? Lightning could strike an old tree once in awhile and start a brush fire that spreads and can be harnessed with a branch before it's put out by rain, ala Rimworld. There could be rare lava exposed in badlands, with the rarity of the gold vein or the monolith, where people could stick a straight shaft, branch or torch that would burn for 30, 60 or 180 seconds or so so the fire could be transported.

And I could think of a dozen alternatives for stone hatchets, thread, rope, etc..

These means of climbing the tech tree could be more biome specific, or at least, we could have one alternative for each item that is currently only found in one biome, which is required to climb the tree. But we don't have that for everything, we do for some things, like stones, just plain old stones, which you can find in grass, rocky, snow or desert biomes. Or flat rocks, which you must have for various cooking and smithing combinations, and only them. Sure, they can be found in badlands and deserts, so at least there is a variety of options there, but whatever I could cook on a flat stone, I could also cook on an iron plate or skillet. Whereas basic smithing could be done on a big hard rock and advanced smithing could be done on an anvil.

Why am I ranting all of this here?

You just wanted to know some good players.

I'll wrap this up mentioning the second point. We need a more regular, reliable, release of content that advances us up and out onto the tech trees, as well as just providing more content to which isn't necessarily mandatory, like the dogs. Their a nice touch, but they aren't necessary to make an iPhone from scratch, as was one of the original challenge ideas that spurred the creation of the game. Starting as an Eve, should my family need to produce sheep, feed a wolf and tame a particular breed of dog for some duty on their path to becoming an atomic powered civilization? Sheep should not be the only source of replenished soil via fertilizer made from their manure. But, I digress, that is another point for point #1.

Whether the tree of all ingame items grows upward or outward, it should be on a more regular basis.

Content, content, content. Just need to keep it coming and you will find more people will stick with the game, more people will enjoy climbing that tree with each life as an Eve, early, mid or late tier generation, and more names will be added to this list.

--

Besides all those points, I am starting to reminisce for the first month I played. Back then, I used all sorts of names, heck, I think I even remember before we even had names. That time is almost like a vaguely recollected dream at this point. Well, I've been tempted not to use the same Eve name, or name my children something besides the planets. I may not change that, I chose to keep reusing the same name and children's names, for many reasons, one of which was reassurance. So that a child born into my family would be able to recognize that they were playing with someone whom they would have likely had a positive experience with in the past; someone they could rely on, would stay with and work hard for, because they could expect the same from me. For that reason, among others, I will probably use the same family surname, as well as use the same naming convention for my children, but I may mix things up at any time.

Anyway, this comment is far too long, I'm sorry. I've not slept much in the last few days and only came to the forum tonight for some light reading before I finally give in.

Thanks for mentioning me (Sol) off the bat, it's flattering, but just as I want great things for you, all of you, as players in game, I also want a great game from Jason for you as people outside of it. Obviously it is a great game, I wouldn't have more than 900 hours in it if it wasn't, and Jason is/you are, a great developer. Thank you, for giving me the opportunity to care for you and for caring for each other.

You're the best things about this game.

#18 2018-09-17 11:24:54

Erudaru

Oh hello skilled Eves, I was born to all of you. Recently Sol, Tarr and West lots of time. Thanks for raising me.

I often change my surname but now I wish I don't because I'm genuinely interested what my kids think about me.

I can only assume what they would say... "She never settles!" (have high criteria for home!), "She never eats!" (temp lock FTW!).

Often my surname reflects the surroundings where I spawned; Savannah, Ice, Tree, Wolf, Rabbit... Sometimes Dragon, Batman, Butt or Thunderhawk. Let me know if you recognize me. I'm playing every day, since v.56.

#19 2018-09-17 13:48:16

tana

I'd like to think i'm one of the good ones.
Although the fact that i tend to survive all my kids makes me second guess that, but on the other hand the fact that most my kids die of starvation while we have tons of food around makes me think that i rarely have good players as kids, I don't know. -_-

Has anyone of you ever been born to me ? I'm most of the time Eve Tana, although i tried once to be Noberry, because i wanted to start to teach player the eve camp life without planting berries and it was changed to something like Nobert.
If I was daughter of an Eve that died while i was a baby, have you ever been born Primo/Prima, Duo/Dua Tertio/Tertia etc (see in my signature) and sometimes if you're the last girl alive, I might call you Precious.

Last edited by tana (2018-09-17 13:49:20)

I will be eve tana. If not an eve, my kids will be called numerically : Primo, Duo, Tertio, Quattro, Quintus, Sextus, Septimus, Octavius etc... ending with an -a if you're a girl.

#20 2018-09-17 14:00:14

JonySky
Website

I almost always endure until I'm 60 ... I always call my children: morgan, megan, masha or misha ... these are the names I usually use ...

I do not consider myself a pro of this game, but I have put many hours

#21 2018-09-17 14:30:03

Tea

I like to play with Lotus and Aurora, it's always a blast to RP a bit while working on the same job over and over again. I've played with Tarr some times too and was quite refreshing knowing that there is another player who knows what needs to be done. Thanks to him/her we had pads available for the Pit Bull invasion later on ^^

I always change my last names during Eve runs because it never brings me luck playing under the same name tongue Had couple of runs as Eve Reinhardt, Needle, Keldon (changed into Kelderman) but will most likely not use those names again.

Even if you see someone name their kids after months, you can't be sure if it's me. It really depends on my mood ^^ Sometimes I call them names that begins with A and sometimes I call them after my favorite cat names so yea, it changes.

There are two things I like to do each time in my different life :

- When someone is old and about to die, I thank them for their hard work. They tried their best to help the community and seem always so happy when I thank them. But I am a very forgetful person who doesn't pay very much attention, so I will forget to say that to someone I really enjoyed playing with ^^ ups.

- Just before I die, I give some pieces of my clothing to those who were always working and helping the town. Doesn't matter if they are my kids or not. I never give it to toddlers.

But I would never say who I am while playing. If you think you are playing with me, just be nice and help where you can.

So remember. When named after month or alcohol, philosophers or after video game characters it may be me. And you can be sure to trust me, to ask me for any help when you are not sure how to do a certain job or to RP with me. Or it may be someone else.

Who knows wink

The one and only Eve Kelderman

#22 2018-09-17 15:29:48

Falsewall

Up to ~20

#23 2018-09-17 16:54:24

Booklat1

Morti wrote:
helloworld wrote:

It

I would really like Jason to add two things to the unfolding of this game.

1. Alternative trunks to climb to reach the canopy of the tech tree.

2. The canopy to be raised consistently on a regular basis.

And now I will argue against my own first point; one of the beauties of this game is the simplicity. You must get a stone hatchet, a firebow drill, and a snare. You can get by farming with either skewers or a stone hoe, that is an example of two separate trunks for farming, but you cannot carry soil by hand, you cannot put raw soil in anything other than a basket. In real life I could strip the bark from a tree, attach some vines to it (not rope, vines) and haul that bark sled of soil to the location where I want to dump it.
How do you get the soil out of the ground? Scooping it up with a reed basket? That's the only way? Ridiculous. Why could I not have scooped it out with a flat stone into a fired clay pot and carried that on my shoulder? Simply because that has not been added to the game as a use for those items.

Well, all the basic tools should also have alternatives. There is flint and iron in the game, why is there no way to make fire from flint and iron (or steel)? Lightning could strike an old tree once in awhile and start a brush fire that spreads and can be harnessed with a branch before it's put out by rain, ala Rimworld. There could be rare lava exposed in badlands, with the rarity of the gold vein or the monolith, where people could stick a straight shaft, branch or torch that would burn for 30, 60 or 180 seconds or so so the fire could be transported.

And I could think of a dozen alternatives for stone hatchets, thread, rope, etc..

These means of climbing the tech tree could be more biome specific, or at least, we could have one alternative for each item that is currently only found in one biome, which is required to climb the tree. But we don't have that for everything, we do for some things, like stones, just plain old stones, which you can find in grass, rocky, snow or desert biomes. Or flat rocks, which you must have for various cooking and smithing combinations, and only them. Sure, they can be found in badlands and deserts, so at least there is a variety of options there, but whatever I could cook on a flat stone, I could also cook on an iron plate or skillet. Whereas basic smithing could be done on a big hard rock and advanced smithing could be done on an anvil.

Why am I ranting all of this here?

I've been ranting by the exact same thing everywhere. I just wish we had a tad bit more of base tech so there was more for the tree to climb upon. Its like i read my own comments, you even memtioned flint and steel. I just wish we didnt always go grass+swamp+desert if available. Savannahs, for example, lack both tools and soil to be viable while grass has both and early food and stuff to plant. Maybe we get a new biome with more stuff soon, would be the best to me.

#24 2018-09-17 19:14:59

Jk Howling

I'd like to say I'm a decently skilled player, but I'm not the best at eve runs. I know the order in which to do things and how to find a suitable spot, but I often just feel... slow, I guess. Or maybe I try to do too much at once.

Also, a lot of a good eve run is left up to chance- where you spawn, how quickly you can find a suitable spot [desert, ponds, lots of early wild foods], how many children suicide [a lot tend to when they see they're born to an eve ;;], how many of those that stay are new or experienced, how quickly you get things set up..

My best eve runs have been those in which my children have been experienced players and help me set up camp when they're of-age, rather than reaching toddler stage then starving the minute they're away from me. My best runs have also usually been cut short due to serial killers, but hopefully that won't happen as often now with Donkeytown being a thing.

Last edited by Jk Howling (2018-09-17 19:15:45)

-Has ascended to better games-

#25 2018-09-17 19:46:46

Roblor

I can testify to JK Howling being decent. This person knows how things are done.

IT PUTS ÞE BERRY IN ÞE BASKET OR ELSE IT GETS ÞE HOSE AGAIN !

Board footer